Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ◈◈Bitcredit ◈◈ Migrating to UniQredit◈◈  (Read 284487 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:17:18 AM

I can see that you will never admit that people are having issues with this wallet.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit on all three rigs and still can't get the wallet to sync. You still have not answered from my previous attempt to find out what the current wallet is. I know what it says in the OP and I have mentioned that with the current "beta" versions out that the OP does not always mention the current one in use.

When you have to delete everything in the roaming folder but wallet.dat, config file and backup folder just to get the wallet to open and then let it resync then there is a issue with the wallet.

You can call me a complainer, you can call me a fudster but hell make sure you also call me an investor since that is what I did with 2 of the bank nodes. And now you ask for donations and some of us can't even get our wallets to work. I have never had an issue like this with any other wallet.

What is strange about your statement is that when the wallet had real problems i did admit and we eventually got to the root of it.

Again, you are on windows and i develop and test on linux, perhaps there is something that is choking the windows wallet. Also, if you have custom configurations for block folders and wallets, try working on the default.

What issue are you facing when you do a fresh sync? If it is getting stuck somewhere then have you checked the peers you connect to?

I can't even tell you what a custom configured block folder is. I an using what the default wallet is.

About the peers, I have 2 active connections after trying the open the wallet again and it is resyncing now. Last issue after resyncing was stuck at block"?" I cant tell you because it was so long ago I never wrote it down and closed the wallet and that was back in September. I just gave up and was hoping for a new release of the wallet.

Would it be possible to update the OP and have a list of known good nodes to connect too? There is so much things to try and do that is spread out in this thread it would be nice to have one spot to find all the information we need. I currently have 4 addnodes in my config file and can't tell you if they are even good now.

I'll repost after the wallet has resynced.

All good..but why not just bootstrap ? Bittrex had a problem yesterday and we resolved it in minutes, just bootstrapped and were back in business. The adv of that is because you are already ahead of the problem peers, you won't get blocks form them anymore.

I could bump us up a version and release an update tomorrow that cuts them off, but i was hoping to avoid incremental updates this time so we have a smoother transition

Just tried the bootstrap from hack_ and the wallet will not open at all. It force close in less than a second. Opened it about 30 times and it force closes.

Deleted it all and opened wallet and it is syncing.

Why not put all the information in the OP so we can make sure we are using the correct things we need?

Also what are the correct nodes to be using?

try this newer bootstrtap by dragos

I haven't had a problem since. also, use the "dirty" version as the one on OP also closes for me but that dirty one has been rock solid so far.

Thanks this synced but I got a message that the wallet.dat was corrupted.

Wallet finally synced. I am at block 253,530 but no coins now.

Just gotta remember the wallet command for the console to repair the wallet.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:32:41 AM

I just spoke with bitcreditscc, and he also agrees that the syncing issues with the Windows wallet should be solved once and for good. Since he doesn't have a dedicated Windows machine, I offered my help and decided to form a 'BCR Windows wallet testing group.'

If you have a Windows machine (any Windows is good), and would like to help out, send me a PM!

Please note: We'll be testing a wallet straight from a dev (unstable) branch, so do NOT store any big amounts of BCR in the testing wallet!
So far I have a couple of people joining me in the Windows wallet testing group, anyone else? The testing will start today, around 11:00AM (GMT).
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 11:29:56 AM

Windows testers, please wait while i build a new bootstrap from scratch.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 12:05:00 PM

Windows testers, please wait while i build a new bootstrap from scratch.
If that means you downloaded the latest version of the wallet and started syncing without adding any nodes manually, awesome! Tongue Will wait for the outcome of your sync.

So far I have a couple of people joining me in the Windows wallet testing group, anyone else? The testing will start today, around 11:00AM (GMT).
sent you a pm but im running windows vista does that matter??
That's not a problem, the more the merrier! Smiley
bitcreditscc (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:08:19 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2015, 01:21:57 PM by bitcreditscc

There is a user who has offered 10 BTC for the whole 6 M in escrow.

Thoughts ?

I am against it, but it would be unfair for me to not tell you all.

I prefer the comprehensive options we are discussing that spread the rewards over time.

Speaking of which : Refined Proposal 10 BTC Target

2 M BCR upfront, divided among donators.

4 Months @ 10% of emissions and perpetual 0.5 % afterwards ie 540K and then 22.x BCR per day until the sun explodes.

Perpetual 0.1 % of all shares issued by any and all entities on the blockchain.

This is an agreement enforced by code and so no matter the price fluctuations, donators will receive their funds.

antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:28:46 PM

Thoughts ?

I prefer the comprehensive options we are discussing that spread the rewards over time.

Maybe then you can sell some of them.

Keep your options open since you can use some BTC to further the development of the project.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
antonio8
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM

How do I use the backup folder in the appdata/roaming.

Wallet.dat got corrupted. I tried the -salvagewallet but it does not work.

alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:35:46 PM

How do I use the backup folder in the appdata/roaming.

Wallet.dat got corrupted. I tried the -salvagewallet but it does not work.

For example copy wallet.dat.2015-06-23-08.20 to main folder, move your corrupted wallet somewhere else, change a name to wallet.dat, most of corruption is from copying wallet.dat when it's used, sometimes bitcredit-qt process is still in used after badly closed wallet (mostly when some visual errors occour).
mxhwr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:39:25 PM

Thoughts ?

Speaking of which : Refined Proposal 10 BTC Target

2 M BCR upfront, divided among donators.

4 Months @ 10% of emissions and perpetual 0.5 % afterwards ie 540K and then 22.x BCR per day until the sun explodes.

Perpetual 0.1 % of all shares issued by any and all entities on the blockchain.

This is an agreement enforced by code and so no matter the price fluctuations, donators will receive their funds.

its sometimes a good and bad thing to have a user own a lot. really depends on his intentions. i think 27% not  a big deal something like 40-50% is bad. given our situation can we really raise even 10btc. if people are only placing 0.71btc buy orders currently on trex the likely hood of raising funds is not high.

just keep all options open it not hard owning 27% at these levels. IMHO
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:18:20 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2015, 03:40:44 PM by bitcreditscc

its sometimes a good and bad thing to have a user own a lot. really depends on his intentions. i think 27% not  a big deal something like 40-50% is bad. given our situation can we really raise even 10btc. if people are only placing 0.71btc buy orders currently on trex the likely hood of raising funds is not high.

I am trying to push the idea of investing in BCR the network, not the token. Many people may not realize....but it's shareholding that makes people regular profit. What do you think of my proposal?

ttoo generous?

mxhwr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 03:46:31 PM

I am trying to push the idea of investing in BCR the network, not the token. Many people may not realize....but it's shareholding that makes people regular profit. What do you think of my proposal?

a investor will always look at making more gains and its true the token will give better gains and so will your proposal but id rather have the user give 10 btc then sell whenever that way story ends there. your proposal has too much benefits to raise little amount of btc. you can say you might get more but you would have had better chances if your coin was new. i do agree with others that the buy section on bittrex will make it very difficult to raise funds.

i would invest but i can pick it up cheaper than what the user offering 10 btc is offering and as your coin is not new and has seen lots of developments for me 10 btc would be a risk to invest considering current investor sentiment. its a shame really your top dev. i could probably offer some btc but in your proposal the ico structure is where user's get a % on how much they have invested meaning the buy price would rise.

proposal is good but too good and it shows desperation i mean no offence.

to conclude great proposal unnecessary if someone is willing to offer the amount of btc you need. don't matter if he holds 27% someone has 2million coins on bittrex should we panic. if the coin has use we survive any dump. it would hurt to see this fail. i could possibly donate about 4btc if needed but not final as may not be willing to pay that price the user is paying. i can surely let you know after black friday is over. some much offers think i need to close my eth short early
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:35:59 PM

resync is being incredibly slow ~ 100K blocks
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 06:25:58 PM

does the p2p need a fresh sync for the database to propagate correctly? or will it work new wallet on existing datadirectory info.

Also@bitcreditscc, sounds like you did some math that i didnt do when i put forward the auction idea. I think its great that someone offered the 10btc for the 6 mil (price 166sat/BCR) you were looking for. I personally feel like the community are going to want more $ in the future to take care of other tasks/development.

so you can sell it off and get the outsourced development started then use future bids to finance webwallets or phone wallets or marketing etc.

or we can crowdsource some of the 6 mil and inflate its price with per block coinbase reward incentives to try and cover 10btc.

also great idea to stretch out the bid payments for the whole day instead of winning 6000 bcr in 1 block, someone would get 6.66 per block for the days worth of blocks (900)

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:30:26 PM

does the p2p need a fresh sync for the database to propagate correctly? or will it work new wallet on existing datadirectory info.

Also@bitcreditscc, sounds like you did some math that i didnt do when i put forward the auction idea. I think its great that someone offered the 10btc for the 6 mil (price 166sat/BCR) you were looking for. I personally feel like the community are going to want more $ in the future to take care of other tasks/development.

so you can sell it off and get the outsourced development started then use future bids to finance webwallets or phone wallets or marketing etc.

or we can crowdsource some of the 6 mil and inflate its price with per block coinbase reward incentives to try and cover 10btc.

also great idea to stretch out the bid payments for the whole day instead of winning 6000 bcr in 1 block, someone would get 6.66 per block for the days worth of blocks (900)

It needs a fresh sync, it's a real time DB.

I think it's time we put up final proposals and vote on them such that the policy can be included in the upcoming update.

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:34:10 PM

Once again can everyone please send a message t their favorite exchange and try get us listed.

jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:18:14 PM

Once again can everyone please send a message t their favorite exchange and try get us listed.
sent another coin request to poloniex who also acknowledged they have a request pending already.

do we have a fancy name for the mining protocol process of needing 50k bcr and not mining consecutive blocks?

Bpow - backed proof of work
mabpow - momentum asset backed proof of work
bnbm banknode backed mining

these arent to catchy, anyone thoughts?

bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:34:07 PM

sent another coin request to poloniex who also acknowledged they have a request pending already.

do we have a fancy name for the mining protocol process of needing 50k bcr and not mining consecutive blocks?

Co-operative proof of work (once we start using the 20/40 block rule)

Post a link to the poloniex request and let's have everyone push on it.

Anyone use cryptsy?

jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:49:26 PM

Anyone use cryptsy?

https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
as the developer it would help to have you put out a request there. but oldmankidd (mod on poloniex) says its not like voting so subsequent requests arent meant to increase likelihood of addition.

alganonim

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:10:39 PM

Anyone use cryptsy?

Better than nothing but now it's like going to graveyard of coins with barely any withdrawal executed on exchange side, I strongly recommend to avoid them, almost all of coins withrawal delayed for many days, endless wallet maintanances ...
bitcreditscc (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:27:17 PM

Anyone use cryptsy?

Better than nothing but now it's like going to graveyard of coins with barely any withdrawal executed on exchange side, I strongly recommend to avoid them, almost all of coins withrawal delayed for many days, endless wallet maintanances ...

Ok, but we'd want to be there when they figure out their issues right?

I think they should start delisting some things.

Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 »
  Print  

Jump to: