Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:46:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450906 times)
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 05:07:52 AM

Thank you for your analysis!

Also, it is actually more expensive, to ship within EU, than from bitmains current location, if you calculate per km shipped, so if they would save 20% on bulk shipping to the eu, then besides warehouse, and staffing, shipping from within eu would inflate the price to a higher level than they already are, i personly see no cost savings, for neither bitmain, nor any eu customer.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 08:04:03 AM

there are cost savings to be made which would cover those overheads

What cost savings?

no, there are no cost savings, they are just stringing you along...

Cheesy
* raskul thinks he's funny.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 09:54:10 AM

'absolutely promising chip in world'...

this is yet another long scam by serial scammers

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

be advised these scammers are well known to employ Multiple shills & sock puppet accounts promoting their dangerous hardware & exploitative vaporware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

What is the scam? I realize that the string design is a big risk and the price is too high for current difficulty. But people should  know this and if they choose to buy that is their risk. Right?  Huh

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 09:56:56 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 10:13:31 AM by pekatete

Loading up LD3 containers is always cheaper than UPS.  I am surprised Bitmain (or other suppliers) don't do this.  

By the way, I used to pay over $1,000,000 a year to UPS for shipping, so I know how low they can go.   UPS can never ship 100 shipment (with 100 customs clearances - the real hidden cost in all of this) cheaper than 1 air freight shipment with 1 customs clearance (with the same amount of goods as the 100 orders).  

Personally, I think BitMain just focuses on other things and hasn't put the energy into making this happen (which is fine if they have more pressing things).  However, if you can move weight, air freight then UPS (or whoever) to deliver in country will always be cheaper.  I havnt looked into prices lately, but our rate was about $900 for each LD3 moving 1/3 of the way around the globe.  This is for 1500 KG, so you are talking about $2.00 to ship a S5 across the world.  UPS will not move a S5 any distance for $2.00, let alone across the world.  

BitMain - I or someone else can make it happen, look into it!! Smiley

Hear that! At last, someone who knows what they are talking about!

What a fantastic x-mas present that is @dance191 ! You are a breath of fresh air in this stale environment jam-packed with people spouting their ignorance and passing it off as fact. @dogie and such like - EAT THAT!

Problem is the reasons listed a few posts back: it costs a lot of money and time to setup a warehouse in EU which will likely need 4-7 locals to staff it at minimum. Shipping from china is already available to them at a reasonable price and does not include the 12month contract risks and unknowns of a new office in a new country.
<snip> .... </snip>

Always disappointing to hear such flimsy arguments ..... all I'll say is, if you do not have anything to say, do not say it.

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:01:39 AM

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

be advised these scammers are well known to employ Multiple shills & sock puppet accounts promoting their dangerous hardware & exploitative vaporware

What is the scam? I realize that the string design is a big risk and the price is too high for current difficulty. But people should  know this and if they choose to buy that is their risk. Right?  Huh

have you not followed these dogs' progress over the past 18 months?

false promises, lies, deception are but 3 of the serious failings of bitmain and his 'team'

there are PLENTY more reasons to completely avoid throwing your money away on hopes and co-ordinated BS!

ask 'dogie' & 'bitmain warranty' - they are fully aware (but rewarded to mislead)
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:06:35 AM

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

have you not followed these dogs' progress over the past 18 months?

false promises, lies, deception are but 3 of the serious failings of bitmain and his 'team'

there are PLENTY more reasons to completely avoid throwing your money away on hopes and co-ordinated BS!

ask 'dogie' & 'bitmain warranty' - they are fully aware (but rewarded to mislead)

I  have an S3+ and I know it's shortcomings and all the crappy half baked versions for the firmware they have released. I just learned never to load them unless I need them. I have Nov Firmware and It works and hashes and makes bitcoin. It has some issues but from what I have seen this industry is full of them and most people still seem willing to take the risk. The S5 does not look like a good design and probably will fail in impressive fashion but anybody with sense can see that. Let the lemmings buy batch 1 and see how it performs. But still I think people can make up their own mind about this stuff since we do have very few choices of hardware for mining. Just my 2 sats.

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2014, 10:13:50 AM

Also, it is actually more expensive, to ship within EU, than from bitmains current location, if you calculate per km shipped, so if they would save 20% on bulk shipping to the eu, then besides warehouse, and staffing, shipping from within eu would inflate the price to a higher level than they already are, i personly see no cost savings, for neither bitmain, nor any eu customer.

Your analysis is perfect for a corner-shop, not an internationally successfull business like that of bitmain. There are financial incentives to having a base in the EU that you never take into account because your analysis is blinded by this overhead / corner-shop mentality. Honestly, I wonder why I keep trying ..

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 10:59:41 AM

Loading up LD3 containers is always cheaper than UPS.  I am surprised Bitmain (or other suppliers) don't do this.  

By the way, I used to pay over $1,000,000 a year to UPS for shipping, so I know how low they can go.   UPS can never ship 100 shipment (with 100 customs clearances - the real hidden cost in all of this) cheaper than 1 air freight shipment with 1 customs clearance (with the same amount of goods as the 100 orders).  

Personally, I think BitMain just focuses on other things and hasn't put the energy into making this happen (which is fine if they have more pressing things).  However, if you can move weight, air freight then UPS (or whoever) to deliver in country will always be cheaper.  I havnt looked into prices lately, but our rate was about $900 for each LD3 moving 1/3 of the way around the globe.  This is for 1500 KG, so you are talking about $2.00 to ship a S5 across the world.  UPS will not move a S5 any distance for $2.00, let alone across the world.  

BitMain - I or someone else can make it happen, look into it!! Smiley

Hear that! At last, someone who knows what they are talking about!

What a fantastic x-mas present that is @dance191 ! You are a breath of fresh air in this stale environment jam-packed with people spouting their ignorance and passing it off as fact. @dogie and such like - EAT THAT!

Problem is the reasons listed a few posts back: it costs a lot of money and time to setup a warehouse in EU which will likely need 4-7 locals to staff it at minimum. Shipping from china is already available to them at a reasonable price and does not include the 12month contract risks and unknowns of a new office in a new country.

<snip> .... </snip>
Always disappointing to hear such flimsy arguments ..... all I'll say is, if you do not have anything to say, do not say it.

Yeah, I did this for 10 years so I know how it all works.  Often people here say things like it is fact, when they are really just guessing.  Earlier, people were arguing with Mr Teal about what a PCI-E cable can do.   Little do they know he has his own line of miners he has designed, I think the man knows what he is talking about. 

Just like people can't wrap their head around 20,000 watts going through a PCI-E cable, they don't understand international logistics. 

Beside this, many look at the situation in their country, not analysing the whole situation. Just a scenario: Switzerland and China have a free trade agreement. So no VAT or whatsoever is due for importing the miners to Switzerland. There, they can be stored without any problem in the duty free area. So they - technically - are still ex-Switzerland. For sending them around in Europe, you wouldn't have to invent the wheel: There are existing companies which do this. Easy and cheap. So if Bitmain would analyse how many miners they could sell in Europe, they could easily store them there before sales start and ship them very quickly around in Europe. If this would save Bitmain AND the clients a couple of bucks, it would be fine.
Furthermore, if you know where, you will be able to find very cheap electricity in Switzerland.... So European miners who would have to pay like 20% VAT could leave the miners in Switzerland for cheap mining - without paying ANY VAT.

With creativity and research, there would be a lot of possibilities to save money for both sides....
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:15:30 AM

So distribution in EU from Switzerland would only encounter the extra warehousing cost from Switzerland.

Vat only becoming chargeable if they are exported to the EU.

So Bitmain or a third party could Host miners in Switzerland?

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:50:52 AM

So distribution in EU from Switzerland would only encounter the extra warehousing cost from Switzerland.

Vat only becoming chargeable if they are exported to the EU.

So Bitmain or a third party could Host miners in Switzerland?

Sure they could. But they have their mining operations in China, so aren't interested in this.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:55:08 AM

Beside this, many look at the situation in their country, not analysing the whole situation. Just a scenario: Switzerland and China have a free trade agreement. So no VAT or whatsoever is due for importing the miners to Switzerland. There, they can be stored without any problem in the duty free area. So they - technically - are still ex-Switzerland. For sending them around in Europe, you wouldn't have to invent the wheel: There are existing companies which do this. Easy and cheap. So if Bitmain would analyse how many miners they could sell in Europe, they could easily store them there before sales start and ship them very quickly around in Europe. If this would save Bitmain AND the clients a couple of bucks, it would be fine.
Furthermore, if you know where, you will be able to find very cheap electricity in Switzerland.... So European miners who would have to pay like 20% VAT could leave the miners in Switzerland for cheap mining - without paying ANY VAT.

With creativity and research, there would be a lot of possibilities to save money for both sides....

LOL Switzerland? The country with the most expensive workforce in mainland Europe?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 11:56:25 AM

LOL Switzerland? The country with the most expensive workforce in mainland Europe?

Yup.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:24:28 PM

Unless you're based out of Ticino and hire italians -- or -- partner with a hosting provider so people in the EU can buy units and get a cheaper power rate as well as avoiding VAT completely and easily.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:29:26 PM

Unless you're based out of Ticino and hire italians -- or -- partner with a hosting provider so people in the EU can buy units and get a cheaper power rate as well as avoiding VAT completely and easily.

You don't have to be in Ticino or any region close to the border to be cheaper than anybody else. The issue is to find the cheapest power possible.... Unfortunately, this doesn't work for miners coming from Israel for there you have to pay VAT in Switzerland, too.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:27:28 PM

You don't have to be in Ticino or any region close to the border to be cheaper than anybody else. The issue is to find the cheapest power possible.... Unfortunately, this doesn't work for miners coming from Israel for there you have to pay VAT in Switzerland, too.

Ouch cheap shot!

I'd be all over cheap hosting in Switzerland if there was any or anything to host there Smiley

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for it if it was really a possibility, I just think you are overestimating the cost/time savings for little return.

Israeli miners I can host cheap in the US/China already with no VAT thank you very much. Smiley

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 02:37:27 PM

Israeli miners I can host cheap in the US/China already with no VAT thank you very much. Smiley

My saying.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3874

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:01:55 PM

My hope is that because first impressions are critical, Bitmain will test the first batch for a few days (more than 24 hr), then select ONLY those machines that are flawless or close to it and send them out. If people will find trouble with the first batch, the whole program would be affected.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:06:02 PM

My hope is that because first impressions are critical, Bitmain will test the first batch for a few days (more than 24 hr), then select ONLY those machines that are flawless or close to it and send them out. If people will find trouble with the first batch, the whole program would be affected.
Hope in one hand, crap in the other, see what fills up first.
The reality is Bitmain released the U3 without any miner software (CGMiner) support. It was at least 2 weeks before initial buyers were able to use their U3s in any meaningful way. And that was ONLY because they were smart enough to give CK a unit and because he was kind enough to write drivers and update CGMiner.
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:13:30 PM

So I'm reaching out to others for their take on the S5 vs SP20.  I calculate that it would take 125 days to recoup the additional electricity that you are saving with the S5 vs. it's premium over the SP20 when comparing equal hash rates and not taking into account the lower power draws of the SP20 when down clocked.

S-5                                    SP20
Cost (including shipping)                                                      414.00 $                              500.00 $ 
Hash Rate                                                                            1155                                   1700
Cost per Hash                                                                        0.36 $                                 0.29 $       
Power (watts)                                                                         590                                   1200
Watts per Hash                                                                0.510823                             0.705882

Comparable Costs @ 1155gh/s
Costs                                                                                     414                             339.7059
24hr power cost $.11/kwh                                                        1.56 $                                2.15 $       
Power Savings per 24hrs                                                          0.59 $       

Cost Difference                                                                     74.29 $     
# of Days to recoup Savings                                                124.911      

So unless I plan on keeping the S-5 longer than 125 days, it wouldn't make sense to get it vs the SP20.  Am I missing something?  Also this is using the 52 unit price for the S-5 vs. the single unit price of an SP20.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 04:43:29 PM

So I'm reaching out to others for their take on the S5 vs SP20.  I calculate that it would take 125 days to recoup the additional electricity that you are saving with the S5 vs. it's premium over the SP20 when comparing equal hash rates and not taking into account the lower power draws of the SP20 when down clocked.

S-5                                    SP20
Cost (including shipping)                                                      414.00 $                              500.00 $ 
Hash Rate                                                                            1155                                   1700
Cost per Hash                                                                        0.36 $                                 0.29 $       
Power (watts)                                                                         590                                   1200
Watts per Hash                                                                0.510823                             0.705882

Comparable Costs @ 1155gh/s
Costs                                                                                     414                             339.7059
24hr power cost $.11/kwh                                                        1.56 $                                2.15 $       
Power Savings per 24hrs                                                          0.59 $       

Cost Difference                                                                     74.29 $     
# of Days to recoup Savings                                                124.911      

So unless I plan on keeping the S-5 longer than 125 days, it wouldn't make sense to get it vs the SP20.  Am I missing something?  Also this is using the 52 unit price for the S-5 vs. the single unit price of an SP20.

How are you getting the S5 for $414 including shipping?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: