Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450906 times)
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 10:58:53 AM

Also, now that bitmain have the new chip and have implemented the string design, I call upon bitmain to:
1. Provide an S3 / S1 upgrade kit to the S5
<snip> ... </snip>

Were you even one of us that actually got an S1 upgrade kit (before they discontinued it in fairly short time, and are quite unlikely to offer again)? It did not include the enclosure panels OR the second fan, and was only BTC0.12 cheaper than an S3 complete package. Therefore, even if your S3 was only worth $50, it would still quite likely be a better net cost on the S5 purchase than an upgrade kit, going on precedence.

Everything he said was relevant and somewhat accurate, not sure why the retaliation...

I wonder, did you even read the original post ...? You missed the bit about the S1 to S5 kit.
So, in time honoured fashion, would you care to retrospectively apply your wisom on the worth / viability of that? Again, do not say it if you have nothing to say.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:20:57 PM

Employ a single person without an office and company to act as middleman? Not sure if it's against the law, but there's still cost of salary + cost of shipping miners to that person.
Having the miners go to EU by ship? Maybe, but you will get your miners 1 month later than everyone else.
The cost of shipping large batches of goods should be significantly lower than if you ship separate packages to separate people...

Loading up LD3 containers is always cheaper than UPS.  I am surprised Bitmain (or other suppliers) don't do this.  

By the way, I used to pay over $1,000,000 a year to UPS for shipping, so I know how low they can go.   UPS can never ship 100 shipment (with 100 customs clearances - the real hidden cost in all of this) cheaper than 1 air freight shipment with 1 customs clearance (with the same amount of goods as the 100 orders).  

Personally, I think BitMain just focuses on other things and hasn't put the energy into making this happen (which is fine if they have more pressing things).  However, if you can move weight, air freight then UPS (or whoever) to deliver in country will always be cheaper.  I havnt looked into prices lately, but our rate was about $900 for each LD3 moving 1/3 of the way around the globe.  This is for 1500 KG, so you are talking about $2.00 to ship a S5 across the world.  UPS will not move a S5 any distance for $2.00, let alone across the world.  

BitMain - I or someone else can make it happen, look into it!! Smiley

Its not in the best interests of the customer. I ran the numbers and you can fit about 200 S1s into a fully laden LD3, which is ~800-900kg. Its highly unlikely that any country will have 200 of anything going to it on the same day, so customer orders would then have to be held. Once it arrived in the destination country, it would then have to be delivered to another national warehouse, where its emptied and individual boxes are relabelled, and then reshipped. The turnaround would take 1.5-2.5 days depending on courier pickups, for the boxes to re-enter the courier network. Then, Bitmain has to pay to have them shipped a second time.

So you've said $2 per S5 for 1/3 of the way round the world.
Fixing your size estimations to actually make them fit, it becomes $6 per unit.
Fixing your destination so they actually arrive in the right country becomes $10 per unit.
Fixing your speed of delivery to match UPS becomes $20 per unit.
Having units delivered to a national warehouse, handled and relabelled becomes $26 per unit.
Then handing each unit back to an air courier once in the destination country (for the US) or by express land) becomes $40-55 per unit.
This all assumes you've got 100% occupancy and on every single day or near enough you can fill an LD3 per country.

Meanwhile, you just increased the time of delivery to the customer by 4-7 days.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:22:35 PM

'absolutely promising chip in world'...

this is yet another long scam by serial scammers

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

be advised these scammers are well known to employ Multiple shills & sock puppet accounts promoting their dangerous hardware & exploitative vaporware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

What is the scam? I realize that the string design is a big risk and the price is too high for current difficulty. But people should  know this and if they choose to buy that is their risk. Right?  Huh

Just ignore him. He's angry at Bitmain because an admin deleted some of his posts.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:28:25 PM

How do the S5 customers feel regarding the fact that BITMAIN is testing tons of miners on the live network right before shipping? I see a sharp rise in the difficulty right after the S5 announcement.
This is a pretty big leap in logic detective.  But let's assume they are "testing" before shipping.  As long as they ship when they say are going to (unlike BFL, KNC, etc), I have no problem with this.  I would rather they run it for a few days.  Fewer duds get shipped that way.

That was coming from a SpondooliesTech group buy organiser, of course he's going to accuse Bitmain of XYZ....

"omg miners are untested"
"omg hashrate went up, its definitely bitmain"
"omg why are you testing miners"

Roll Eyes

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:36:15 PM

So distribution in EU from Switzerland would only encounter the extra warehousing cost from Switzerland.

Vat only becoming chargeable if they are exported to the EU.

So Bitmain or a third party could Host miners in Switzerland?

If you're moving them to Switzerland just to host, why wouldn't you just host in CN or buy cloud mining (HashNest etc)?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:41:01 PM

I think the next logical step for bitmain is to work hand in had with the developers of cgminer so that we can be able to switch off individual chips (that may be malfunctioning) via the webUI. Seeing the chip count per board (which can be up to 256) has gone up to 30, just shy of the S1 count by 2, despite a reasonable leap in the tech, I think the time is ripe for this kind of developement. At the moment, cgminer (or more likely their obfuscated, closed source PIC fimware) decides when to stop sending work to a chip, but I do not think it is as efficient as can be.

Also, now that bitmain have the new chip and have implemented the string design, I call upon bitmain to:
2. Start offering for sale the components of the (soon to be EOL'd S3), i.e the hashing and controller boards.

Happy XMas everyone - bitmain included!

Turning individual chips off is not a software or firmware based function, it requires expensive on PCB hardware to enable that.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:42:15 PM

Bitmain is offering for sale 250 unit BULK LOTS of S3's...no word on exactly how many of these 100+Ths LOTS are available.

The fucking joke is on all of us who buy hardware at ludicrous rates that has already become gravy from the vendor.  It has become crystal clear that by the time Bitmain boxes these miners to ship (which they are also profiting from!) they may as well be throwing them away but why do that when there is an entire community of people with raging hardons to overpay for them!

S5's should cost AT MOST $150USD SHIPPED! This at least would give the buyers a *chance* to turn a reasonable profit.  They just simply are not going to hand over machines that are literally printing money when the fools (us) will wait, hat in hand.

Ultimately I believe this could be the fatal blow that kills BTC but Companies like Bitmain will have long cashed out and be driving Ferrari's by then.

Those bulk lots are often sold on behalf of customers, it doesn't mean they are owned by Bitmain.

You don't have to buy at any price or at all. If you don't like the offer, you're more than free to not accept it.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 01:46:13 PM

<snip> ... </snip>

Were you even one of us that actually got an S1 upgrade kit (before they discontinued it in fairly short time, and are quite unlikely to offer again)? It did not include the enclosure panels OR the second fan, and was only BTC0.12 cheaper than an S3 complete package. Therefore, even if your S3 was only worth $50, it would still quite likely be a better net cost on the S5 purchase than an upgrade kit, going on precedence.

Everything he said was relevant and somewhat accurate, not sure why the retaliation...

I wonder, did you even read the original post ...? You missed the bit about the S1 to S5 kit.
So, in time honoured fashion, would you care to retrospectively apply your wisom on the worth / viability of that? Again, do not say it if you have nothing to say.

I don't see anything in the OP about S1 to S5 upgrade kits?  Huh

pekatete

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 02:07:40 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 02:18:23 PM by pekatete

I think the next logical step for bitmain is to work hand in had with the developers of cgminer so that we can be able to switch off individual chips (that may be malfunctioning) via the webUI. Seeing the chip count per board (which can be up to 256) has gone up to 30, just shy of the S1 count by 2, despite a reasonable leap in the tech, I think the time is ripe for this kind of developement. At the moment, cgminer (or more likely their obfuscated, closed source PIC fimware) decides when to stop sending work to a chip, but I do not think it is as efficient as can be.

2. Start offering for sale the components of the (soon to be EOL'd S3), i.e the hashing and controller boards.

Turning individual chips off is not a software or firmware based function, it requires expensive on PCB hardware to enable that.

Honestly, I am aware you get paid to respond in these threads, but the value in that lies in accurate responses not waffle.
Now, I'll ask you a straight question: Are you sure it can not be done in software or is that just some more waffle from you? (I know I have done exactly that on my S1 boards using my very own VB.Net miner) EDIT: Just in case you missed the punchline, it is for that reason that I made the suggestion in the first place, having seen the benefits thereof.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 02:20:28 PM

Honestly, I am aware you get paid to respond in these threads, but the value in that lies in accurate responses not waffle.
Now, I'll ask you a straight question: Are you sure it can not be done in software or is that just some more waffle from you? (I know I have done exactly that on my S1 boards using my very own VB.Net miner) EDIT: Just in case you missed the punchline, it is for that reason that I made the suggestion in the first place, having seen the benefits thereof.

I'm not going to start another waffle thread with you again. You can look pages back regarding discussion on an S3 to S5 upgrade kit. tldr S3s are still viable, so it would make no sense to upgrade them today.

pekatete

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2014, 02:37:22 PM
Last edit: December 25, 2014, 02:55:14 PM by pekatete

I'm not going to start another waffle thread with you again. You can look pages back regarding discussion on an S3 to S5 upgrade kit. tldr S3s are still viable, so it would make no sense to upgrade them today.

I have NEVER had a waffle thread with you, and do not intend to have one; you must be confusing me with someone else ... and it does not take much to admit that your assertion is incorrect, but as always, the best way is to avoid making false statements.

The point at hand was switching individual chips off at software level and your waffle response was that it requires expensive PCB hardware to be able to do that. So you can redeem your self esteem by answering the specific question:
Are you SURE it can not be done on a software level?

On the viability of S3's, I did not say they were no longer viable, in any case, there's the argument for S1 to S5 kits in the same suggestion (but of-course you conveniently skimmed over that).

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:15:04 PM

So distribution in EU from Switzerland would only encounter the extra warehousing cost from Switzerland.

Vat only becoming chargeable if they are exported to the EU.

So Bitmain or a third party could Host miners in Switzerland?

If you're moving them to Switzerland just to host, why wouldn't you just host in CN or buy cloud mining (HashNest etc)?

I encountered endless e-mail exchanges with the hosting in China when I tried to change the pool settings. Has this since changed?
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:28:21 PM

'absolutely promising chip in world'...

this is yet another long scam by serial scammers

!!BUYERS BEWARE!!

be advised these scammers are well known to employ Multiple shills & sock puppet accounts promoting their dangerous hardware & exploitative vaporware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg

What is the scam? I realize that the string design is a big risk and the price is too high for current difficulty. But people should  know this and if they choose to buy that is their risk. Right?  Huh

Just ignore him. He's angry at Bitmain because an admin deleted some of his posts.

that's just vintage edgar. grumpy ol coot Smiley Merry Xmas!!
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:44:51 PM

Is the punchline VB.Net?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:49:01 PM

I have NEVER had a waffle thread with you, and do not intend to have one; you must be confusing me with someone else ... and it does not take much to admit that your assertion is incorrect, but as always, the best way is to avoid making false statements.

The point at hand was switching individual chips off at software level and your waffle response was that it requires expensive PCB hardware to be able to do that. So you can redeem your self esteem by answering the specific question:

On the viability of S3's, I did not say they were no longer viable, in any case, there's the argument for S1 to S5 kits in the same suggestion (but of-course you conveniently skimmed over that).

You might want to just go over Dogie's head. Someone else who actually works there might be interested in responding to your ideas directly to get a better resolution for the Bitmaintech customers. Have you contacted anyone else?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 03:54:16 PM

You might want to just go over Dogie's head. Someone else who actually works there might be interested in responding to your ideas directly to get a better resolution for the Bitmaintech customers. Have you contacted anyone else?

I do not think upgrades make a good deal.  Usually it is only a small percentage more to get the whole unit versus the upgrade.  and for that small percent cost you now have 2 operating units.

Someone is always willing to pay for the old hardware.. S1's are still selling for 50 bucks on ebay.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:34:08 PM

I spoke with yoshi (by email) and they are considering an s1-s5 upgrade kit but not until they get some feedback on batch 1. Upgrade kits are not for inexperienced people and poor thermal paste application or nicking something with a screw driver could result in a few loud and disgruntled buyers who can't RMA a diy product that they damaged by improper installation.

My guess is upgrade kits will either have no warranty or be provided only in bulk packs of 5+ so that it isn't being sold to people incapable of correct use.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:38:11 PM

never read a single complain about s1 > S3 upgrade kits.

in fact, I bought a couple of them, and they are working just fine and are remarkably stable.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

May I know how You got to the price 500 USD with shipping for SP20? I would be interested to buy one if able to reach such price.
Thank You

It's a 2 unit minimum per order!

sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
December 25, 2014, 05:14:33 PM

[...]

I suppose you missed Doggie's announcement that he nowadays works for Bitmain... Huh

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: