Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450931 times)
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1856

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:25:04 AM

My first prototype was running to bizarre issues and required a complete redesign. Novak and I spent some time going over a bit different (more flexible) concept, which I finally found to breadboard an initial prototype today and I'll keep working on it tomorrow. We're way behind on R&D for just about everything these days. If I can get the regulator working how I like, it'll actually be a first step in a couple other projects you'd probably be interested in.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 04:38:21 AM

psu = usd 50 Huh (depending on user)

A PSU is not a mining cost as its not consumed during the process of mining and value stays largely the same.

TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:44:15 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 07:35:19 AM by TrevorS

Very disappointed.  I bought two for ~$790 shipped and two months later I'm looking at significantly more for something received two months earlier.  My cost of power is painful, but the cost of two new S5s is more!  I'm seeing little reason to buy before availability of the S7(?), my S3s are holding the fort!  Thanks Bitmain, but appears you're joining the established supplier community and appear to despise your international customers!  Guess I just have to wait!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:05:22 AM

A PSU is not a mining cost as its not consumed during the process of mining and value stays largely the same.

then how are you going to power the miner without a psu ? if it aint a cost then tell us what it is. still need to take $ out to buy a psu so isnt that a cost ?

no psu = no power for miner = no mining
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:06:45 AM

Can you run a miner without it Huh  NO   Then it IS a mining cost.......  Roll Eyes

Wonder why a dog won't be president....there ya go  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1856

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:33:47 AM

He probably means it's not a cost you have to worry about returning within the lifetime of the miner, as once that machine is retired the PSU is (hopefully) still fully functional for the next machine and/or maintains most of its original value for resale. The problem with Dogie's one-off replies is they're so short it's easy to overlook context and misconstrue intent, especially when you read them through cynical lenses.

When I buy gear I'd rather buy gear without built-in PSUs as I basically factor PSU as a zero cost. We have so many running around at the shop (one benefit of being a PSU hardware manufacturer/supplier) that the cost is negligible and, oftentimes with our gear, the reliability is improved.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
HolgerDansk

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:34:06 AM

Xian01, we have our reason to do this. A very important diff driver will not be able to do anything to diminish your mining output.  Wait for our short explanation about it.

@Bitmain
It is very hard to stay positive.  How long must we wait before we hear your explanation?
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:52:22 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 08:23:08 AM by TrevorS

Xian01, we have our reason to do this. A very important diff driver will not be able to do anything to diminish your mining output.  Wait for our short explanation about it.

@Bitmain
It is very hard to stay positive.  How long must we wait before we hear your explanation?
Sadly, I'm not seeing a positive.  I started with USB stick miners July 2014 and graduated to used Antminer S3s -- a clearly good piece of gear. My first step "beyond" was the S5 of which I have two (had to fiddle some, but then purchased quieter fans plus adapters for two more).  Would have bought another two earlier, but my BTC wallet locked on me (my fault).  But now, two months later, Bitmain provides no opportunity to purchase at even a semi-reasonable price.  As I said before, very disappointed!  Looking as though my existing S3 are my best bet!

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
transcyberian

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:01:48 AM

Just noticed that MinerLink now has live data:
http://www.minerlink.com/home.htm

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:44:55 AM

Just noticed that MinerLink now has live data:
http://www.minerlink.com/home.htm

I dont understand what the point of that is when they already have Antpool.
transcyberian

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:54:37 AM

Question: Why we open Batch 6 which is scheduled to be shipped in three months?

Answer: The sales page of Batch 6 is for committing the reservation requirement of Large Buy, is not for the purchase of Retail Sales.

Ok, got it,   prior bulk buy was a bit cheaper: 
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020141223160858878EmLu6L5Q067D
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:31:50 PM

Don't mind Bitmain. They are merely laughing all the way to the bank while they are attempting to fuck you and me over with this bullshit price-gouging.

Bitmain, when I wished you a happy and prosperous New Year in our private communications, I had no idea it would come in the form of bending us over to the tune of +25% price increases the first chance you got.

For shame, Bitmain. You've spit in the face of every small-time miner on these forums that helped your rise to prominence.

Especially after they found out a competitor will not tape out. So now they can charge whatever the fuck they want.

I get all this is business, I run a business of my own, but then to blatantly price gouge on insider knowledge and just laugh it all off.   "Grin Grin Grin"

It is just a slap in the face. So, I guess SP-Tech will be getting my BTC when the new gear starts rolling out. Oh well. Business is business.

Come off it! Honestly, as you say they can charge whatever they want, which initially was $320 and now it is $419. But that would not be the whole story. What would the majority of people mourning about the price now have said if the initial price was $411? I'd hazard a guess and say they'd still mourn, albeit a little bit less than now.

But you ignore the fact that the $320 price point was set with the assumption that a competitor was about to release a very efficient chip that would not just have redered the S5 massively in-efficient in comparison, but would have meant a spectaular rise in network difficulty making it reasonably harder / impossible for you to ROI on your investment in the S5 (so they set the price lower at $320). As it turns out (and we are to believe it from bitmain), that competition was blowing hot air and have not even been able to go to the foundry! That changes the dynamics in terms of network difficulty rise (also reflected in the filip in BTC value today) and means you can within reason ROI at the new price point according to their calculations.

I really want to err on the side of bitmain at this point as they have been on our side (home miners) and continue to be so. Look at SPT! They have abandoned the home miner ..... literally! Bitmain do not get the credit they deserve, though I have to put my hand up and say I too give them stick ...... not on this one though.

pekatete elaborated what we want to say. Bitmain's pricing is based on our projection of the future diff, which is based on the mining rig quantity which will be available on the market. It is impossible to forecast without error, but we are always trying. We collect information, and we model the CPEX&OPEX and the thought&strategy of the bitcoin miners. In the past few months, we put a competitors' hundred ph/s hash rate into the assumption, which is always being discussed. Though for a long time that we think they must have some serious problems in their road map but we just cannot confirm. For conservatives, we still think that their large farm will be online, which is about 30% of the network hashrate now. In Jan, we assumed they would be online in Jan as they said. In Feb, we thought they might have delayed and will do it in Feb as they claimed. Now in Mar, we knew at last that all talks are just bluffing. So, we adjusted our pricing model.

In the past few months, the bear market of bitcoin killed lots of mining rig supplier, and you all know about those sad news. And the survived players did not dare to order too many wafers and build stocks. Mining farm plans were given up in lots of places, from WA to Iceland. Producing a mining rig and prepare the mining farm, 2-3 months is the least time it requires. So in the next 2-3 months, there cannot be large hash rate online.

According to our estimation, no one can join the mining party with substantial hash rate before June or July. And in June or July their ability to deploy real hash rate will also be very limited. Sorry that we have raised the price for 20%, but we think it is fair based on our knowledge. And previous buyers of S5 may feel better now, as the diff will not rocket, given our new forecast is better than the old one. At the same time, the bitcoin price goes up a little bit. However, if it finally turns out to be wrong after this month or next, we will offer coupon to the buyer of our this batch for our future products .

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:36:29 PM

Don't mind Bitmain. They are merely laughing all the way to the bank while they are attempting to fuck you and me over with this bullshit price-gouging.

Bitmain, when I wished you a happy and prosperous New Year in our private communications, I had no idea it would come in the form of bending us over to the tune of +25% price increases the first chance you got.

For shame, Bitmain. You've spit in the face of every small-time miner on these forums that helped your rise to prominence.

Especially after they found out a competitor will not tape out. So now they can charge whatever the fuck they want.

I get all this is business, I run a business of my own, but then to blatantly price gouge on insider knowledge and just laugh it all off.   "Grin Grin Grin"

It is just a slap in the face. So, I guess SP-Tech will be getting my BTC when the new gear starts rolling out. Oh well. Business is business.

Come off it! Honestly, as you say they can charge whatever they want, which initially was $320 and now it is $419. But that would not be the whole story. What would the majority of people mourning about the price now have said if the initial price was $411? I'd hazard a guess and say they'd still mourn, albeit a little bit less than now.

But you ignore the fact that the $320 price point was set with the assumption that a competitor was about to release a very efficient chip that would not just have redered the S5 massively in-efficient in comparison, but would have meant a spectaular rise in network difficulty making it reasonably harder / impossible for you to ROI on your investment in the S5 (so they set the price lower at $320). As it turns out (and we are to believe it from bitmain), that competition was blowing hot air and have not even been able to go to the foundry! That changes the dynamics in terms of network difficulty rise (also reflected in the filip in BTC value today) and means you can within reason ROI at the new price point according to their calculations.

I really want to err on the side of bitmain at this point as they have been on our side (home miners) and continue to be so. Look at SPT! They have abandoned the home miner ..... literally! Bitmain do not get the credit they deserve, though I have to put my hand up and say I too give them stick ...... not on this one though.

pekatete elaborated what we want to say. Bitmain's pricing is based on our projection of the future diff, which is based on the mining rig quantity which will be available on the market. It is impossible to forecast without error, but we are always trying. We collect information, and we model the CPEX&OPEX and the thought&strategy of the bitcoin miners. In the past few months, we put a competitors' hundred ph/s hash rate into the assumption, which is always being discussed. Though for a long time that we think they must have some serious problems in their road map but we just cannot confirm. For conservatives, we still think that their large farm will be online, which is about 30% of the network hashrate now. In Jan, we assumed they would be online in Jan as they said. In Feb, we thought they might have delayed and will do it in Feb as they claimed. Now in Mar, we knew at last that all talks are just bluffing. So, we adjusted our pricing model.

In the past few months, the bear market of bitcoin killed lots of mining rig supplier, and you all know about those sad news. And the survived players did not dare to order too many wafers and build stocks. Mining farm plans were given up in lots of places, from WA to Iceland. Producing a mining rig and prepare the mining farm, 2-3 months is the least time it requires. So in the next 2-3 months, there cannot be large hash rate online.

According to our estimation, no one can join the mining party with substantial hash rate before June or July. And in June or July their ability to deploy real hash rate will also be very limited. Sorry that we have raised the price for 20%, but we think it is fair based on our knowledge. If it turns out not right after this month or next, we will offer coupon for our future products.

This is all well and good but did you not know this before posting the $320 price point? That is my bone of contention. While I was mulling how many to buy the price shot up and it pissed me off. Your explanation does nothing to unpiss me off.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
sEpuLchEr

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

Are we there yet?

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:38:43 PM

According to our estimation, no one can join the mining party with substantial hash rate before June or July. And in June or July their ability to deploy real hash rate will also be very limited. Sorry that we have raised the price for 20%, but we think it is fair based on our knowledge. And previous buyers of S5 may feel better now, as the diff will not rocket, given our new forecast is better than the old one. At the same time, the bitcoin price goes up a little bit. However, if it finally turns out to be wrong after this month or next, we will offer coupon for our future products.

tl:dr
We're the only one producing miners so we can ask you to bend over any time we want.

BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:40:17 PM

According to our estimation, no one can join the mining party with substantial hash rate before June or July. And in June or July their ability to deploy real hash rate will also be very limited. Sorry that we have raised the price for 20%, but we think it is fair based on our knowledge. If it turns out not right after this month or next, we will offer coupon for our future products.

This is all well and good but did you not know this before posting the $320 price point? That is my bone of contention. While I was mulling how many to buy the price shot up and it pissed me off. Your explanation does nothing to unpiss me off.

No, we did not know when we do $320 pricing. We changed the price only 20 mins after we have got the news.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:07:01 PM

@BITMAIN - Any insight into the pricing and specs on the upcoming S3++ ?
I have it on good authority that your factories are busy churning these out ....

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:12:17 PM

No, we did not know when we do $320 pricing. We changed the price only 20 mins after we have got the news.
I heard that the price will be even higher - can you confirm this?  Undecided

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
BITMAIN (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 01:17:37 PM

@BITMAIN - Any insight into the pricing and specs on the upcoming S3++ ?
I have it on good authority that your factories are busy churning these out ....

The S3++ is not being produced right now.

And the hashrate/weight ratio makes it very unreasonable to sell to oversea buyers, who will have to pay shipping cost based on the weight.

So the S3++ we just find private bulk buyers to consume it. The shipping cost inside China is not that much.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:17:42 PM

BITMAIN, any chance an S5 firmware revision is inbound that would allow operation at 0.2J/GH @ 9V as originally discussed in the first post?
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:19:36 PM

But Bitmain....

What about the S2 upgrades?

They just laying under the shelf and waiting.....

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
Pages: « 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 [138] 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: