Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:03:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 295 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH  (Read 450910 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:38:49 AM

if they havent been sold to someone they would be classified as new.
If you purchased a product, and saw that it was laden with dust and grime upon delivery (obvious signs of use), would you classify it as new ?

dog1965

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:19:38 AM

if they havent been sold to someone they would be classified as new.
If you purchased a product, and saw that it was laden with dust and grime upon delivery (obvious signs of use), would you classify it as new ?

No Something new is something never turned on only once for inspection then boxed up waiting to be sold. Not run for five months then sold. My S5 did not have any dust period when I took it out of the box when I received it UPS. You can tell it was brand new that's how shiny it was and works well ever since.

alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:07:02 PM

In the world of Bitcoin, some common English words may have a different meaning:

New = May or may not have been run for weeks by the manufacturer. Probably owned by the manufacturer.

Used = Probably run for weeks after shipped by manufacturer, who ran it for weeks.

Per-Order = Early investor that thinks they are a customer.

Refund = Not completely clear this word exists (e.g BFL)

faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:30:54 PM

In the world of Bitcoin, some common English words may have a different meaning:

New = May or may not have been run for weeks by the manufacturer. Probably owned by the manufacturer.

Used = Probably run for weeks after shipped by manufacturer, who ran it for weeks.

Per-Order = Early investor that thinks they are a customer.

Refund = Not completely clear this word exists (e.g BFL)

A lot of folks just bent over and took it and then thanked them for another. All mine were new (no dust, grime, or other BS, but that was way back.) Nobody should take that crap from any business even if it is bitcoin-related. The only reason that people do and don't fight it is simply choice. You either choose to accept the crap or you don't.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:02:12 PM

Unfortunately, at the present time, there are very few non-scam, delivering hardware vendors. The only two that spring to mind are Bitmain and Avalon. While I love my SP20, Spondoolies has discontinued that product, and may or may not be selling to individuals in the future.

The primary benefit of a used miner is that there is rarely any hint that it's "New", and you know it exists. At least I haven't seen anybody to try and sell a "used pre-order machine"....  Smiley

Uh Oh, I may just have given BFL a new idea!
Darthswan

Activity: 818
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:26:20 AM

In the end, AntMiner was shipping all used, refurbs as new hardware out. I don't think I would order again unless it actually specified it was NEW, unused hardware. And then to pay the price $340 that it has been for a couple of months still. Should be $150.
While you're at it, can we all buy your $100 notes for $30?
Thank you for confirming that Bitmain was passing off used and dusty stock as "brand new".

When I ordered my S5, I got it NEW NEW.  Only problem is, it went south, and I have been waiting on a replacement for 3 weeks.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
KeezAZA

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 06:57:35 AM

When I got my S5 unit after waiting 7-8 weeks for it(cr@p SA postal services) It has abit of dust. I take it they were 'running it in'. But it is grafting lekker! No issues.
I would rather have the dust and know its been tested for a few weeks than to be stuck with a brick.

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 06:58:43 AM

Looking to buy a miner, although the ROI is truly down the drain these days.
lemmyK

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 05:50:50 PM

ASIC status
oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooo
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xx

me today fell electrocution on one modem and miner S5 working without the Internet and then be very warms and fans only go slowly.
then this has happened, it looks from one side probably burnt although there can not see anything burnt. but also according to temperature 21 st. it looks that there is a fault.
How to fix it?
 Sad Sad
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:40:54 PM

ASIC status
oooooooo oooooooo oooooooo oooooo
xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xx

me today fell electrocution on one modem and miner S5 working without the Internet and then be very warms and fans only go slowly.
then this has happened, it looks from one side probably burnt although there can not see anything burnt. but also according to temperature 21 st. it looks that there is a fault.
How to fix it?
 Sad Sad

What PSU do you have running it?

First I would try a restart and check making sure cables are snug - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204875015-How-to-diagnose-S5-hashing-PCB

That allows you to check hardware some.  After that I would look into software by looking at - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203559969-My-S5-hashes-at-about-600GH-S

Crypto84

Activity: 120

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:14:43 AM

@bitmain why did you enclose the S3 with a case and 2 fans and leave the S5 wide open with only one LOUD fan? this is terrible for airflow.....you could probably have used a less noisy fan if u enclosed it with a case like the S3. I know this from working in IT. opening the side of the server or computer case increases temps and inhibits airflow out the back. anyone have the ability to fabricate a case for the s5? I've seen others try and 3d print stuff to fix airflow. making a metal case would probably solve the problem. i have no way  to fabricate one though.   Angry Angry Can bitmain throw us a bone and let us buy a case from them if we want? it cant be that hard for them to order a bunch in bulk.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:02:49 AM

@bitmain why did you enclose the S3 with a case and 2 fans and leave the S5 wide open with only one LOUD fan? this is terrible for airflow.....you could probably have used a less noisy fan if u enclosed it with a case like the S3.

You can make (or order) the case by yourself. Without it S5 became lighter, so the shipping is cheaper.

Heat dissipation is developed not so good in case of S5, so it needs a powerful (it inevitable means LOUD) fan. Sure they could sell S5 equiped with two less noisy fans (most of us make such mod), or they could sell S5 without fan at all. But we got what we got.

Recently I placed all S5 to the basement, so I installed a Gembird DC120SF-12AS3 120x120x38 fan as a push fan, and stock fan as a pull (on my new 2 S5s since stock fans on them are appearantly much quieter than it was before, on earlier S5s). It works OK now.  Smiley

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Crypto84

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:40:36 AM

@bitmain why did you enclose the S3 with a case and 2 fans and leave the S5 wide open with only one LOUD fan? this is terrible for airflow.....you could probably have used a less noisy fan if u enclosed it with a case like the S3.

You can make (or order) the case by yourself. Without it S5 became lighter, so the shipping is cheaper.

Heat dissipation is developed not so good in case of S5, so it needs a powerful (it inevitable means LOUD) fan. Sure they could sell S5 equiped with two less noisy fans (most of us make such mod), or they could sell S5 without fan at all. But we got what we got.

Recently I placed all S5 to the basement, so I installed a Gembird DC120SF-12AS3 120x120x38 fan as a push fan, and stock fan as a pull (on my new 2 S5s since stock fans on them are appearantly much quieter than it was before, on earlier S5s). It works OK now.  Smiley
where can i order a case?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:36:41 AM

Recently I placed all S5 to the basement, so I installed a Gembird DC120SF-12AS3 120x120x38 fan as a push fan, and stock fan as a pull (on my new 2 S5s since stock fans on them are appearantly much quieter than it was before, on earlier S5s). It works OK now.  Smiley

There has been some impressive 3d printing of parts some of which enclose the center of the miner - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072176.0

It's fairly recent and Bitmain even supported it by sending it's OP a little coin.  I would check it out if your thinking about enclosing the S5.
Crypto84

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:13:03 PM

Recently I placed all S5 to the basement, so I installed a Gembird DC120SF-12AS3 120x120x38 fan as a push fan, and stock fan as a pull (on my new 2 S5s since stock fans on them are appearantly much quieter than it was before, on earlier S5s). It works OK now.  Smiley

There has been some impressive 3d printing of parts some of which enclose the center of the miner - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072176.0

It's fairly recent and Bitmain even supported it by sending it's OP a little coin.  I would check it out if your thinking about enclosing the S5.

i think 3d printing stuff might be overkill. i put a 1/16 inch piece of acrylic on the bottom (because i havea wire shelf) and cut a piece of card board for the top (for testing purposes) and now my blades are the same temp. before they were 4-5c apart and one would always be hotter. now they are the exact same temp most of the time. ant this is just with some crappy cardboard cut out. imagine if i had a fully enclosed aluminum case. I dont have the tools to make a metal case or a plastic one for the matter. maybe really glossy poster board will work since it has a more smooth surface. which might be better for airflow.
Evan

Activity: 507
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

i think 3d printing stuff might be overkill. i put a 1/16 inch piece of acrylic on the bottom (because i havea wire shelf) and cut a piece of card board for the top (for testing purposes) and now my blades are the same temp. before they were 4-5c apart and one would always be hotter. now they are the exact same temp most of the time. ant this is just with some crappy cardboard cut out. imagine if i had a fully enclosed aluminum case. I dont have the tools to make a metal case or a plastic one for the matter. maybe really glossy poster board will work since it has a more smooth surface. which might be better for airflow.

The difference between cardboard and Glossy paper is nothing... the Cardboard with its rough surface MIGHT even be more aero dynamic....

The reason this is working is that the static pressure of the airflow is now even across all the blades heat sinks, its also forcing the air to dump all its energy (or gain the heat) before exiting the case, with the open case air and heat just goes all over the place.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
Digitalmocking

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:09:09 PM

Considering the heat generated, paper is a bad idea.
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 07:36:06 PM

Hi Bitmain! Is there any mechanical drawing of the S5 board? I want to design something to cool properly my S5s here on my tropical country, but don't want to turn off and tear down a miner just for measuring (although, if there isn't one, i gotta do it).

Evan

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:45:25 PM

Hi Bitmain! Is there any mechanical drawing of the S5 board? I want to design something to cool properly my S5s here on my tropical country, but don't want to turn off and tear down a miner just for measuring (although, if there isn't one, i gotta do it).
\

If you are looking for water cooling, I already have a place that can sell them to you.

Evan

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:49:29 PM

Considering the heat generated, paper is a bad idea.

NO there isn't, unless you suspect Spark or Flame.

Papers ignition is tempature 218–246c

The ignition temperature of corrugated cardboard is 427 C, or 800 F

Source: http://www.tis-gdv.de/tis_e/ware/papier/wellpapp/wellpapp.htm

Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 295 »
  Print  

Jump to: