Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MangoCoinz Official ANN Thread - Mine cryptocurrencies on you smart phone  (Read 164528 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:07:05 AM

How come some people have over 10,000 coins if the limit is 10/day and it was launched on 22nd. Seems like max should be around 100  Huh

Just look at the source code and you can easily see the dynamics of the coins distribution. Oh, wait...
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:04:48 PM

When the coin launched there was no sync limit.. So if you taped your phone to a washingmachine it will mine like hell.

But... Still not on the exchange, this is not good Sad
People will stop mining etc.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:30:03 PM

When the coin launched there was no sync limit.. So if you taped your phone to a washingmachine it will mine like hell.

actually not, there was a limit of around 10 almost from the start or at least it was when there was almost none mined. The reason people have quite a lot is because a few guys were running everyday with a bag full of their families devices (Thats what the guy told me) and also he was selling them. I have about 800 coins, most of them bought.

The distribution considering the app has been live for months now is pretty incredible. Less than 1% has been mined so far!
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:25:41 PM

actually not, there was a limit of around 10 almost from the start or at least it was when there was almost none mined. The reason people have quite a lot is because a few guys were running everyday with a bag full of their families devices (Thats what the guy told me) and also he was selling them. I have about 800 coins, most of them bought.

The distribution considering the app has been live for months now is pretty incredible. Less than 1% has been mined so far!

some people have over 10,000. How's that even possible without purchasing those coins? but how can one purchase 10,000 when daily limit is 10 per person. Unless that's Dev holding up his coins. Most people with one cellphone (like myself) are still floating around 60. Even if you use 5 cellphones that's still <500.

You would need like 100+ cellphones to mine 10,000 coins within 10 days of launch. Distribution seems beyond unfair  Embarrassed

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 05:23:55 PM

some people have over 10,000. How's that even possible without purchasing those coins? but how can one purchase 10,000 when daily limit is 10 per person. Unless that's Dev holding up his coins. Most people with one cellphone (like myself) are still floating around 60. Even if you use 5 cellphones that's still <500.

You would need like 100+ cellphones to mine 10,000 coins within 10 days of launch. Distribution seems beyond unfair  Embarrassed

Hey unusualfacts30,

So, MangoCoinz was not launched 10 days ago, it was launched on June this year.
The first tradings of MangoCoinz took place at the end of August and September on the OTC (Over the Counter) trading thread here on bitcointalk.org.

Best regards, Srele from MangoCoinz.

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:29:38 PM

Yesi have been mining since sept and I just crossed 200 prolly would have more but I am on an I phone 1/2. Tine ( work)

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:30:54 PM

Hey unusualfacts30,

The first tradings of MangoCoinz took place at the end of August and September on the OTC (Over the Counter) trading thread here on bitcointalk.org.

I got to repeat again that after 6 months less than 1% has been mined! Thats the kind of distribution the average POS coin can only dream about. Honestly a few months ago when no one was noticing this app people couldn't give them away. I have 800 and if I remember they cost me less than 1BTC. I did my best to push the app actually and created a thread or two.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:35:55 PM

Yesi have been mining since sept and I just crossed 200 prolly would have more but I am on an I phone 1/2. Tine ( work)

yes but lets be clear if you twiddled it around in your hand and hit the max limit everyday you could have more like 250-300 a month so thats nearly 1000 potentially. So what I assume when you said mining is you left the app running in your pocket. ;P Its not hard to mine a bunch cause the app can be put on any old android device, most people have at least access to a few android devices including old phones, tablet,  friends and family etc. All accords how much you want them. Wink
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:40:34 PM

Hey unusualfacts30,

I got to repeat again that after 6 months less than 1% has been mined! Thats the kind of distribution the average POS coin can only dream about. Honestly a few months ago when no one was noticing this app people couldn't give them away. I have 800 and if I remember they cost me less than 1BTC. I did my best to push the app actually and created a thread or two.

I agree

The Mango Team is a great bunch of guyz too. That's why HAM did a collaboration with them.
Very talented group of guyz.  Cool

SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 05:41:36 PM

yes but lets be clear if you twiddled it around in your hand and hit the max limit everyday you could have more like 250-300 a month so thats nearly 1000 potentially. So what I assume when you said mining is you left the app running in your pocket. ;P Its not hard to mine a bunch cause the app can be put on any old android device, most people have at least access to a few android devices including old phones, tablet,  friends and family etc. All accords how much you want them. Wink

Yep, that's all true Cheesy
Except for the tablet part, but you can run the app on any Android phone that has Android version 2.1 or above.

Srele from MangoCoinz

MangoCoinz, mobile cryptocurrecy mining is here. Available for Android now and soon on the iPhone!
unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:45:28 PM

Hey unusualfacts30,

that makes sense. I just noticed it when new thread was created. I wish I had noticed it in June I would have 2000+ by now  Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 05:48:21 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 06:04:32 PM by garmin

yes but lets be clear if you twiddled it around in your hand and hit the max limit everyday you could have more like 250-300 a month so thats nearly 1000 potentially. So what I assume when you said mining is you left the app running in your pocket. ;P Its not hard to mine a bunch cause the app can be put on any old android device, most people have at least access to a few android devices including old phones, tablet,  friends and family etc. All accords how much you want them. Wink

Except for the tablet part, but you can run the app on any Android phone that has Android version 2.1 or above.

Srele from MangoCoinz

LOL  600 twistahrz or would that be spinahrz?

JK Bro

I smell a stupid ways to mine Mangoz contest... Paint shop fun?
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:10:16 PM

yes but lets be clear if you twiddled it around in your hand and hit the max limit everyday you could have more like 250-300 a month so thats nearly 1000 potentially. So what I assume when you said mining is you left the app running in your pocket. ;P Its not hard to mine a bunch cause the app can be put on any old android device, most people have at least access to a few android devices including old phones, tablet,  friends and family etc. All accords how much you want them. Wink

Srele from MangoCoinz

LOL  600 twistahrz or would that be spinahrz?

JK Bro

I smell a stupid ways to mine Mangoz contest... Paint shop fun?

At last small children and pets are going to pay off!

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 06:23:18 PM

I wish I'd noticed the original thread back in June now!

SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 06:36:07 PM

I wish I'd noticed the original thread back in June now!

Well, back then there wasn't an official thread.
The first thread was the OTC thread here on bitcointalk.org back in August.
We came a long way and we are grateful for everything that happened so far Cheesy

Srele from MangoCoinz.

SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 05:25:37 PM

Hey everybody,

Happy New year! Cheesy

We just updated MangoCoinz and now the latest version is v0.4.4.
What's new in MangoCoinz v0.4.4:
1) We removed the permissions for the app to access the external (media) storage of the device. This was a concern that a user here on bitcointalk.org had and we addressed this by removing it because at the moment we are not using it. It was left over back when we used it in the earlier iterations of the app.
2) We introduced a 1% transaction fee. This is a one-time per transaction sending fee that the sender pays. Think of this as a motorway toll. These MangoCoinz will be used for improving the system and making sure that everything is running as it should.

Note that MangoCoinz v0.4.4 doesn't have a difficulty increase or a daily sync limit decrease.

bish5555

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

@bleeprepeat

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 06:15:19 PM

mango mango mango  Cool

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 07:24:06 PM

Srele for openness, can you disclose the daily sync limit imposed on different releases since launch?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
SreleFromMangoCoinz (OP)

CTO at MangoCoinz

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 07:40:56 PM

Srele for openness, can you disclose the daily sync limit imposed on different releases since launch?

Hey jasemoney,

If I understand correctly, you are asking if the daily sync limit has been changed in the different releases of MangoCoinz?
If it's so, then I can answer that there hasn't been any decreases in the daily sync limit since the beginning of MangoCoinz.
The limit was and still is 10 MCZ/day, but that will change soon.

MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 01:43:43 AM

New update works awesomely

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: