The only thing we'd need to work out is how the prizes are given. With a lottery there might be no winner so a raffle sounds better.
The same raffle system could be used to pull tickets for multiple prizes too.
I don't have much experience in lotteries/raffles, but I imagine it could go like this:
- you'd need a record/list of all the current players and their amounts wagered at the start of the week (to exclude this from promo)
- at the end of the week you'd need a similar record (including all the new players), then deduct the above
- now you have a list of all the players and amounts they wagered during the week
- for each player: divide amount wagered by 0.1 = number of tickets. Quick example: Pawel7777: wagered at the start of the week: 2.112, wagered at the end of the week 3.7798.
3.7798 - 2.112 = 1.6678 / 0.1 = 16.678 - rounded down to 16 tickets
- now you have a complete list of eligible players + number of tickets each of them has earned. The total tickets number won't be known until the week ends.
- next step is to give each ticket its number and assign those to players. Example, let's assume there are only 3 participants:
player 1 (earned 21 tickets)
pawel7777 (earned 16)
player3 (earned 8 )
There's no need to randomise it imo, so lets keep it simple:
player1 gets tickets numbered 1-21
pawel7777 - 22 - 37
player3 - 38 - 45
At this stage, it would be a good idea to make it public for transparency (google doc or post in this thread) so everyone knows their tickets' numbers.
Next of course is the draw. You could use an external site for that (preferably one allowing excluding player who has already won) or even roll the dice on your site.
0.1 wagered for a ticket sounds fair, allows anyone to join in.
I wonder if players should be allowed to buy tickets also for better chance?
We could even give some away in chat via rain bot throughout the week.
What do you think?
+1 for ticket giveaway. Don't see any reason why not. I want 1 free ticket for the idea
As for allowing players to buy tickets - if you do that, you'd probably need to allow players to win multiple times (I don't imagine anyone keen to buy if they can win only 1 prize).
If the whole purpose is to promote the site (reward existing players and attract new ones), you should do 1 player - 1 win limit.
If there are total of say 21 prizes (1 big and 20 small) then you have 21 happy winners, each of them with positive impression of PRC and each of them more likely to come back and play.
But then again, there's nothing to prevent anyone from creating multiple accounts and abuse the system, so maybe there's no point in such limit...
Also, the 0.1 wagered = 1 ticket was just an example. Maybe lowering it to 0.01 = 1 ticket could give a better results by attracting more people?
You can easily get 0.1 even with very small deposit, but some less experienced players are not aware of that and it could seem too high for them.
Also, make sure every game is included, not only dice, but if you want to limit the promo to dice only, make it clear from the start.