Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GP] GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency for online multiplayer gaming  (Read 131260 times)
inkha (OP)

Activity: 677
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:52:44 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 12:18:54 PM by inkha

GoldPieces Whitepaper

This is the most up to date whitepaper released thus far. It is subject to change and will be enhanced has time progresses. It’s a great read for anyone looking to start understanding what GoldPieces is and what the plans for progress and development are in the future. Give it a read!

Read the announcement and whitepaper here.

Inkha

GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency to be used as an in-game currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:04:19 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2017, 12:20:29 PM by inkha

The current price of 1GP is $0.03919518 USD, There's 2,651,023 GoldPieces in circulation, giving us a market cap of $103,907 USD!

inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 12:15:40 PM

Scheduled Hardfork on January 16th 2020

Hey everyone! This is an announcement regarding a mandatory hard fork for GoldPieces scheduled to take place January 16th, 2020. The main purpose of this hard fork is to lower the staking cap from 2.5GP to 1GP.

Read the full announcement here..

Inkha

Tony128

Activity: 326
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 01:09:40 PM

@ inkha: Great to see how passionate you are about this project.

This might be a silly question, but are there any instructions around on how the staking pool/faucet works?
I've got some GP but literally have no idea how to participate in it (or what the benefits/potential risks would be).
Cheers

For the faucet you can just fill out the captcha and click claim to collect GP rewards every half an hour, which you can then keep in your balance or withdraw.
The staking is based upon your current on-site balance. Here's mine right now for example (Information from the top left box):

Current Balance: 1352.82405398 GP
Stake Share: 53.63158753%

Now what this means is that with 1,353 coins I own 53% of the coins in the staking pool right now, when a newly staked/minted coin comes in for example if the pool gets a stake of 2.5GP i would receive 1.34078968 (53%) of them, and the rest of the remaining 2.5GP mined coins would be distributed in the same fashion to the other pool members.

The pros of this are once the pool becomes more popular we will start staking coins faster as our pools staking weight grows. You don't need to have the GoldPieces wallet running and open on your computer 24/7 since you can just keep them on the faucet/staking pool instead.

The downside is that you don't have complete control over your wallet, though I have taken many steps to ensure our safety. The wallet and database files are backed up daily personally by me, and the entire server is backed up daily as well to ensure maximum safety of our coins.

Hope this clears things up for you a bit!

Thanks Inkha, your explanation makes a lot of sense. I do like the idea of being able to stake without having my wallet running all the time, so will definitely consider participating in the pool.

TeamDisaster

Activity: 674

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:29:02 PM

"Staking Pool. A staking pool is great for small to medium sized investors as it gives them the
chance to quickly start staking regardless of the amount of GoldPiece’s they hold."

@Inkha - what would you classify as a "small to medium sized investor"?  What sort of GP holding are we talking before it goes above what would be considered medium?

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:34:56 PM

"Staking Pool. A staking pool is great for small to medium sized investors as it gives them the
chance to quickly start staking regardless of the amount of GoldPiece’s they hold."

@Inkha - what would you classify as a "small to medium sized investor"?  What sort of GP holding are we talking before it goes above what would be considered medium?

I would say it would benefit people who have balances between 100-5,000 would be a small investor, 5,000-10,000 would be a medium sized investor. We will have a better idea of what works best once the pool grows a bit more and I split the balance between addresses to get it staking as efficiently as possible.

TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 01:45:30 PM

@Inkha - what would you classify as a "small to medium sized investor"?  What sort of GP holding are we talking before it goes above what would be considered medium?

I would say it would benefit people who have balances between 100-5,000 would be a small investor, 5,000-10,000 would be a medium sized investor. We will have a better idea of what works best once the pool grows a bit more and I split the balance between addresses to get it staking as efficiently as possible.

Cool, thanks.

It's great to see so much activity in GP land!  Cool

Trade crypto at Bittrex

inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 02:27:47 PM

Roadmap Update.

Alright guys, now that I am finishing up the Faucet/Staking Pool and it's running well, I'm about to be moving on to the next project. It's a marketplace where all things gaming related can be bought and sold. The marketplace supports multiple vendor accounts and all orders will be made in GP. I've registered the name GPBay.com for this project, and will have more updates as time unfolds.

One vendor may specialize in selling gaming related cards, while another specializes in digital downloads, and yet another is all about selling retro systems and games! I think this setup will be a great way to get more people using GP.

That's the update! Stay tuned!

TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 03:23:39 PM

So basically I (or anyone else for that matter) who had made a game could set up a vendor account and directly sell my game for GP?
Sweet. 
(Assuming I've understood correctly of course.)

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Tony128

Activity: 326
Merit: 124

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 03:33:11 PM

Roadmap Update.

Alright guys, now that I am finishing up the Faucet/Staking Pool and it's running well, I'm about to be moving on to the next project. It's a marketplace where all things gaming related can be bought and sold. The marketplace supports multiple vendor accounts and all orders will be made in GP. I've registered the name GPBay.com for this project, and will have more updates as time unfolds.

One vendor may specialize in selling gaming related cards, while another specializes in digital downloads, and yet another is all about selling retro systems and games! I think this setup will be a great way to get more people using GP.

That's the update! Stay tuned!

Thanks for the update. $GP is due to @Notsofast's tweet finally on CryptoTwitter again. Good to see that the passion of inkha and the growing general excitement around this coin.
inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2017, 06:42:16 PM

So basically I (or anyone else for that matter) who had made a game could set up a vendor account and directly sell my game for GP?
Sweet. 
(Assuming I've understood correctly of course.)

Yes you will sell it as a digital download, and other shops will sell physical products as well!

inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 04:41:00 PM

I received and update on correcting our listing on CoinMarketCap.com.

The good news:
They updated the link to the announcement thread.
We know the CoinMarketCap.com staff is actively keeping track of coins and doing the best to provide support in a timely manner.

The bad news:
I had misunderstood and thought they wanted me to leave a thread on here with all the required changes they were to make.

So while our listing hasn't been fully updated to reflect our correct information entirely yet, we know within the next week or so our listing will be updated properly.

Inkha

johnantony

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:35:57 PM

How much is year pos interest for staking by wallet? Thanks in advance guys
inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:17:16 PM

How much is year pos interest for staking by wallet? Thanks in advance guys

1Hey John Antony, you can expect to earn 10-20% interest annually staking GoldPieces! I hope you have fun staking, playing, investing, and learning together with us! We're community of like minded individuals all looking to change the world in our own special little ways, and you're more than welcome to stick around and join in! Check out GPFaucet.com. While it does have faucet in the name, it also doubles as a staking pool. So you can start staking your coins there if you'd like to do that instead of having the GP wallet running 24/7.

Welcome once again!
-Inkha

inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:47:50 PM

Updates with Inkha

Yesterday was a great day for me altogether until a hard drive failure had me wondering how I was going to get anything done at all! Lo and behold, one of our community members helped me out and lent me $200 to go out and get myself a new laptop. I forgot people out there like that existed. I'm even going to throw him some extra on the repayment just to show him I really appreciate it show of faith. Shout outs to TeamDisaster times a million.

GPFaucet.com Updates/Information

Jackpot!
I decided the stagnant and unchanging 0.1 payouts were rather boring on the faucet, so I first implemented some code to slightly randomize them and upon further brainstorming I would code in varying levels of payouts. They are all different levels of payouts, the biggest one bring the jackpot. I won't disclose and numbers I'll just let them pop up when they pop up Smiley

Profit!
Part of the company I'm forming within the GoldPieces community known as GPF (The GoldPieces Foundation) is a company based around employing quality team members that could eventually work full time doing what they love, listening and taking advice from the community, appreciating and making money for our investors, and most importantly building and maintaining the profitable entities that make those valuable goals possible. GPFaucet.com is the first of many such entities.

The faucet balance
I setup the faucet in such a way as there is an account named 'faucet', which holds the balance of coins that can be distributed to our loyal community members. This is great as it allows well-off community members to donate to the faucet (Fund The Faucet: GN1d8VMLFXLHLQSHYL5fqeo5FcnnH4sJbH) at least until we get our feet off the ground, then my hopes are the faucet accounts balance will stake enough to fund the GoldPieces it sends out! Therefor breaking even as far as faucet balance goes.

Banner Advertisements
AdSense is a leading advertising company that typically has the best payouts of all the advertising companies by a long shot in my experience, but I guess that could be niche dependent, regardless, Financial is a huge paying niche and the clicks on the ads should pay very well for us, resulting in more money becoming available to further our worthy causes.

Captcha Advertisements
We also get paid everytime someone fills out a captcha that shows an add in it! They don't have a 100% fill rate, since the same person fills out the captcha several times a day, but they do a pretty good job and I am amazed at their creative business idea.

All of this monetization is done in such a way as not to hinder the users experience with the site! The ads are all related to Bitcoin, something we all love, and the Captcha pays you in GP when you fill it out! These are the things I like to pay attention to. "What can I do that will give me more doing power to do more good and cause more good for myself and the people around me?" is a question I often ask myself before making any decisions.

What's Next?
There are now two projects aside from the constant upkeep and evolution of GPFaucet.com, they include GPBay.com which is a vendor based market for buying and selling gaming related goods, physical and digital, and there's a browser based game being planned out (think pokemon meets virtual pets). This time I'm making sure all the projects are within my skill range and can be completed securely and on time. This is going to be a fun adventure guys, and I really look forward to making more friends and helping each other have fun and thrive.

As always, I hope you guys have a great night and enjoy some good food. Smiley

vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 11:13:57 PM

Love all the updates inkha! You are doing a great job with all these new developments and its showing in the price going up. I'm glad I picked up a large amount of GP at around the 600 to 700 sats range. I'm really looking forward to GPBay when its all finished and up and running, I think this alone could be huge for GP and create a lot of Buzz in the market.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Paredao
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1620

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 12:58:22 AM

Very good to know that the community of this coin still active. I already had some coins in the past and intend to purchase again. Smiley Smiley

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 04:42:46 AM

Very good to know that the community of this coin still active. I already had some coins in the past and intend to purchase again. Smiley Smiley

Good to see you again! I'm happy to have such a loyal community of people with shared interest in gaming and blockchain. GoldPieces was the first coin I created, years ago now, and I've learned so much I'd consider myself adept and evolving! Both gaming and blockchain bring together an amazing group of people, and I look forward to networking and building mutually beneficial relationships with as many as possible!

inkha (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 05:55:56 AM

PriceWatch
9.28.2017 | 1:38AM

GP/USD: $0.05448115 GP
GP/BTC: 0.00001282 BTC
GP Market cap : $145,065

More ↓

GPFaucet.com - A faucet, staking pool, and chat room for GoldPieces

un3924035mixi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:40:33 AM

It's a serious product. Need to wait some time to make profi
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: