Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:39:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GP] GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency for online multiplayer gaming  (Read 131269 times)
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 07:52:03 PM

In the meantime I hope Inkha's RPG can get going, and that GP price will continue to solidify around 3K sats or higher (5K would be nice, seemed likely at one point but not quite sure now). 

If anyone else has a GP-related project in the works please don't feel shy telling us about it!  Smiley
Well, here's a wallet release, mainly for the new seed node and presstabs Stake Split Threshold RPC!
https://github.com/Settlings/GoldPieces/releases/tag/v1.1

Also has an up to date bootstrap.

Should help anyone having connection troubles or downloading the blockchain!

I'd like to continue inkhas work on one of his projects, but he hasn't been around much... I'll have to try to get in touch with him again!

Hey, your wallet is great!  I'm glad someone is finally cleaning up that old buggy mess, and adding in the splitblock tool and stakesplitthreshold command (they were sorely needed!).

Inkha needs to make your wallets the "official" versions on the ANN.  Hell, he might as well make you an official member of the dev team as you seem to be the only one taking the initiative to improve this stuff.

You should put a GP address in your signature.  I'm sure there are some community members out there who would be happy to send you donations to show their gratitude.

On an unrelated note, this pump is a thing of beauty!

Yes, I have trouble.  Even after downloading and installing the software, it does not start synching.  I do not know how to make it work?  I also want staking.  Please help me here also.

Yeah, I wish I could help but there are serious issues with the client still, despite the efforts of Dregs to clean up what he could.  This coin should have been forked to a clean codebase long ago.  People having trouble syncing has been a CONSTANT problem since day one.

Hey inkha, hey HyperFuture, wherever you guys are.  Look here.  Another potential member of the community is going to give up and say "fuck this coin" because he can't sync.  How many times has this happened?  Don't you think this has something to do with the state GP is in, and it's inability to ever grow or gain a loyal following?

I suggested long ago that this coin should be forked to the HYP codebase.  Take HYP, modify the interest rate to 500%, the reward cap to 2.5 coins, make coinage unlimited, and change to one minute block times.  Boom, there ya go.  Exact same specifications as GP has now.  Clean, stable client that doesn't hang up constantly, calculates PoS rewards correctly, and has no trouble syncing with the network.

I am officially offering a 20k GP bounty to Dregs or anyone else who can make this happen.  If anyone else here thinks this is a good idea, pledge some coins to the bounty and let's get this done.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 09:06:08 PM

In the meantime I hope Inkha's RPG can get going, and that GP price will continue to solidify around 3K sats or higher (5K would be nice, seemed likely at one point but not quite sure now). 

If anyone else has a GP-related project in the works please don't feel shy telling us about it!  Smiley
Well, here's a wallet release, mainly for the new seed node and presstabs Stake Split Threshold RPC!

I'd like to continue inkhas work on one of his projects, but he hasn't been around much... I'll have to try to get in touch with him again!

Hey, your wallet is great!  I'm glad someone is finally cleaning up that old buggy mess, and adding in the splitblock tool and stakesplitthreshold command (they were sorely needed!).

Inkha needs to make your wallets the "official" versions on the ANN.  Hell, he might as well make you an official member of the dev team as you seem to be the only one taking the initiative to improve this stuff.

You should put a GP address in your signature.  I'm sure there are some community members out there who would be happy to send you donations to show their gratitude.

Yes, I have trouble.  Even after downloading and installing the software, it does not start synching.  I do not know how to make it work?  I also want staking.  Please help me here also.

Yeah, I wish I could help but there are serious issues with the client still, despite the efforts of Dregs to clean up what he could.  This coin should have been forked to a clean codebase long ago.  People having trouble syncing has been a CONSTANT problem since day one.

Hey inkha, hey HyperFuture, wherever you guys are.  Look here.  Another potential member of the community is going to give up and say "fuck this coin" because he can't sync.  How many times has this happened?  Don't you think this has something to do with the state GP is in, and it's inability to ever grow or gain a loyal following?

I suggested long ago that this coin should be forked to the HYP codebase.  Take HYP, modify the interest rate to 500%, the reward cap to 2.5 coins, make coinage unlimited, and change to one minute block times.  Boom, there ya go.  Exact same specifications as GP has now.  Clean, stable client that doesn't hang up constantly, calculates PoS rewards correctly, and has no trouble syncing with the network.

I am officially offering a 20k GP bounty to Dregs or anyone else who can make this happen.  If anyone else here thinks this is a good idea, pledge some coins to the bounty and let's get this done.

Honestly bud, increasing stake that much is pure stupidity and will be the certain death of this or any coin. 500% inflation is beyond ridiculous.

HYP died immediately when it tried its hyper inflation scheme, GP will die immediately as well. This has already been discussed in the past and everyone voted to leave the coin as it is to reduce inflation and increase this coins value.

I've been using the GP wallet for years now without ever having a problem, that I remember anyway.
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 09:32:07 PM

Honestly bud, increasing stake that much is pure stupidity and will be the certain death of this or any coin. 500% inflation is beyond ridiculous.

HYP died immediately when it tried its hyper inflation scheme, GP will die immediately as well. This has already been discussed in the past and everyone voted to leave the coin as it is to reduce inflation and increase this coins value.

I've been using the GP wallet for years now without ever having a problem, that I remember anyway.

GP already has a 500% interest rate.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2017, 11:43:18 PM

No it doesn't. That part was broken hence the reason the community voted to leave the coin like it is to limit inflation.
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 01:50:56 AM

No it doesn't. That part was broken hence the reason the community voted to leave the coin like it is to limit inflation.

interest rate =/ inflation rate
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 02:35:30 AM

interest rate =/ inflation rate

As a coin stakes its total coins grows, this is inflation. The higher the PoS % is the more the total coins will inflate. Stuff like this shouldn't have to be explained, its common knowledge.
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:10:09 PM

Have any of GP community tried out Valerian Universe exchange market while still in beta? I just put some sell order there in exchange for some GP. I am selling some Drones and Genesis Seeds. I like it, its fast and transparent. I hope this will be a success later on.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 11:16:15 PM

Want to help drive more attention to GoldPieces? Vote for it via http://cryptodatabase.net/coins.php?cat=GoldPieces and it can be listed on the index page of Crypto Database for everyone to see.
tobeyrowe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:42:31 AM

Hi, I am the owner of an MMORPG that has been looking into adding GP as its in-game currency for several months now. I was in contact with the developer of this coin and we talked for a little while and now he hasn't responded to any of my messages since February 21st. I would still like to add it to the game but if I cant get in touch with him I will have to add another currency like GameCredits to my game. So if you are seeing this dev please respond back to me on Skype or on here using PM. Thank you.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:54:13 AM

Hi, I am the owner of an MMORPG that has been looking into adding GP as its in-game currency for several months now. I was in contact with the developer of this coin and we talked for a little while and now he hasn't responded to any of my messages since February 21st. I would still like to add it to the game but if I cant get in touch with him I will have to add another currency like GameCredits to my game. So if you are seeing this dev please respond back to me on Skype or on here using PM. Thank you.

You are probably talking about inkha, right?

Yeah, he isn't very active, but he come here and then occasionally.

And what game that might be you are talking about?

Can you give us some link, or its still in development?

Maybe we can work together somehow?
tobeyrowe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:58:15 AM

You are probably talking about inkha, right?

Yeah, he isn't very active, but he come here and then occasionally.

And what game that might be you are talking about?

Can you give us some link, or its still in development?

Maybe we can work together somehow?

I just sent you a PM.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2017, 09:29:53 PM

I have received an offer to have 2 coins listed to CoinExchange for a discounted price when inquiring about coin addition requirements for adding HYPER. As GP is the sister currency to HYPER I would like to extend this offer to the GP community so that we can better work together on the success of each coin.

The cost of adding a coin to their exchange is 0.25 BTC and we would be able to have both HYPER and GP listed for that price.

Nothing is set in stone yet and the offer I received may change but before I go any further with CE I would like to ask the GP community if you would like help contribute towards half of this cost.

The HYPER communities side of the funding has already been covered but I will be posting a similar post over on that thread for discussion as well.

Now is the time for both GP and HYPER to shine. Together we shall succeed but we must work together if we are to see this happen.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 07:14:35 AM

I have received an offer to have 2 coins listed to CoinExchange for a discounted price when inquiring about coin addition requirements for adding HYPER. As GP is the sister currency to HYPER I would like to extend this offer to the GP community so that we can better work together on the success of each coin.

The cost of adding a coin to their exchange is 0.25 BTC and we would be able to have both HYPER and GP listed for that price.

Nothing is set in stone yet and the offer I received may change but before I go any further with CE I would like to ask the GP community if you would like help contribute towards half of this cost.

The HYPER communities side of the funding has already been covered but I will be posting a similar post over on that thread for discussion as well.

Now is the time for both GP and HYPER to shine. Together we shall succeed but we must work together if we are to see this happen.

Has there been any progress with that? It's kinda silent here, who is leading/trying to push forward GP coin nowadays? Don't let it go to hibernate stage or even worse.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 07:37:18 AM

Has there been any progress with that? It's kinda silent here, who is leading/trying to push forward GP coin nowadays? Don't let it go to hibernate stage or even worse.

None so far, not even a comment. If GP doesn't want this then please let me know so I can have this offer given to another coin I support.
TeamDisaster

Activity: 674

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 02:06:00 PM

Sorry I would like to help but I just don't have any funds atm.  Sad

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 06:37:36 PM

Sorry I would like to help but I just don't have any funds atm.  Sad

That's not a problem bud, you've been doing more to help GP than anyone else has including myself.
inkha (OP)

Activity: 677

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

Hey I answered your PM, I haven't gotten any new messages from you on Skype since we last spoke for some reason, but let's get it integrated! Speak soon,

GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency to be used as an in-game currency.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 07:41:55 PM

Hey I answered your PM, I haven't gotten any new messages from you on Skype since we last spoke for some reason, but let's get it integrated! Speak soon,

HYPER community has also been in contact with this game developer for possibility to add HYPER to his game. Still nothing has been set. But game looks promising. Hey, what about your game inkha, halhan? You plan to finish it someday?
inkha (OP)

Activity: 677

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:07:00 AM

HYPER community has also been in contact with this game developer for possibility to add HYPER to his game. Still nothing has been set. But game looks promising. Hey, what about your game inkha, halhan? You plan to finish it someday?

I still have the Halhan code in development, I plan on optimizing the business side of things for GP though for the next few months organizing our website and providing information for developers, and players alike. Dregs was also working on setting up a runescape classic server with GP integrated as well.

GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency to be used as an in-game currency.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2017, 05:22:39 AM

Dragon Knights of Valeria 2: Universe has been officially launched! Register or start playing today to earn GP

https://dkv2.com
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: