Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: neoscrypt algo for ccminer and nvidia card: call for donation  (Read 33703 times)
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 06:13:26 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 12:40:07 AM by djm34

Hi,

I have been working over the past week on version of ccminer supporting neoscrypt algo for and I have decided to release it as a crowdfunded project.  

This means that it will be publicly available once the donation reach a certain amount. Right now this amount has been fixed at 5btc,
however I might release it before.
Now, if there isn't enough people who donates, the miner will be only given to those who have pledged.

Donation will have to be made to that btc address: 18UZRrybgjmR4M53Aca4Q8YBguqErZ5qaP

Current speed of the miner:
750ti: 127kh/s  150kh/s (using sgminer and public kernel would give you 30~40/khs, so it is 3.5x faster)
780ti: 212kh/s  300kh/s
980:   427kh/s  630kh/s

This is still a work in progress, so the hashrate will most likely increases in a near future (and it is already a lot faster than last week)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:20:50 PM

Looking good on those hash rates djm.  Smiley
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 02:43:53 PM

some new speed (actually benefit mostly to 52):

gtx 980: 487kh/s (+55 kh/s compared to yesterday)  Grin

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:07:29 PM

So what's to stop you from releasing a shitty version of your miner to the public and a 'optimized' version to clients who want more speed and are willing to pay for it? How do we know there isn't already a tier system like this in place?
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:53:49 PM

So what's to stop you from releasing a shitty version of your miner to the public and a 'optimized' version to clients who want more speed and are willing to pay for it? How do we know there isn't already a tier system like this in place?
I'll answer that.
Because nobody contributes to the public release.
mm5aes

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:56:08 PM

Was the original ccminer not released under 'GNU Public License'?
To charge for it would break this.
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:57:43 PM

Shitty 480kh/s ? isn't that shitty, and considering that with the opencl you'll probably get 100kh/s for the same hardware...
I don't know any tier, but if any want to buy they can contact me.  Grin

As I said, it will be made public, if the public donate. If just a bunch donate only those who donate will receive it...
(after it will be up to them to kill their advantage for free  Grin)

djm34 facebook page
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 04:00:27 PM

That's why I am asking for donation for making it public...
also no, there is nothing against, the only thing required by the licence is to release the source when this is made public.
right now you have nothing, is there a law which force to release anything I make ? well no.

djm34 facebook page
mm5aes

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:03:33 PM

That's why I am asking for donation... I am not charging anyone (also no, there is nothing against, the only thing which require the licence is to release the source)
right now you have nothing, is there a law which force to release anything I make ? well no.

No, but you're not allowed to use any part of the previous code and charge for it. I think that still holds under revision 3?
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 04:10:12 PM

That's why I am asking for donation... I am not charging anyone (also no, there is nothing against, the only thing which require the licence is to release the source)

No, but you're not allowed to use any part of the previous code and charge for it. I think that still holds under revision 3?

I am not charging anyone, I am asking for donation for making it public.

(you should understand that as an engineer, everything piece of code you use have various origines, but you are still getting paid to organise them into something meaninful... you are not paid less if part of the code is GPL or not...)

djm34 facebook page
mm5aes

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:13:05 PM

I am not charging anyone, I am asking for donation.
Meh - moot but hey, would only take an e-mail to original developer for an ok is all I'm saying..  Wink
Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 04:18:41 PM

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can do these things.

He has rights to sell it, but not to sell it without sources

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:21:50 PM

Meh - moot but hey, would only take an e-mail to original developer for an ok is all I'm saying..  Wink

I don't think cbuchner will care ^^"
This isn't "fee-ware", so I don't think it violates the GPL in thought and spirit. It's a crowdfunding project, he gets "paid/donated" for the work he's doing, not for the result :p

Anyways, I'll send you some BTC djm34 Wink (If my btc-qt ever syncs up...) Wish I could give you more, but I've only got 2x 750ti's and profits aren't really reeling in these days. Anyways, have a good beer (or wine or mead or whatever) Cheesy
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:24:39 PM

I have no problem with the crowd funding.

Think about this. With out this the Neoscrypt is left to only AMD.

Sure there is the open cl AMD miner that works for Nvidia cards but it is not optimized at all and not worth using.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 04:50:38 PM

Meh - moot but hey, would only take an e-mail to original developer for an ok is all I'm saying..  Wink

This isn't "fee-ware", so I don't think it violates the GPL in thought and spirit. It's a crowdfunding project, he gets "paid/donated" for the work he's doing, not for the result :p

Anyways, I'll send you some BTC djm34 Wink (If my btc-qt ever syncs up...) Wish I could give you more, but I've only got 2x 750ti's and profits aren't really reeling in these days. Anyways, have a good beer (or wine or mead or whatever) Cheesy
thanks, you don't have to donate a lot. The point here, is rather to gather many small donation rather than big one from a few (however don't hesitate if you want to make a big one  Grin).
I mean, the main problem with the latest new algo, is that only a few donate while many others dump and kill the coin.
killing the profit for everyone including those who developed the miner and those who donate.
I believe if they have to give a little something they will think twice before dumping...

djm34 facebook page
mm5aes

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:10:09 PM

Fair enough, but what about the people that developed the code / libraries that are being re used by cbuchner?

This is a way bigger issue than this project. Big supporter of croudfunding and opensource software.
Afraid this just feels 'not right' to me. Seems to violate the principles of both. But what do I know.
Anyway, registered my reservations, good luck with it.
Hash on.

crazycoin

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:24:27 PM

I have sent 0,092BTC as a token of appreciation of good work. Keep on good working
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:01:35 PM

Thanks for the effort/work.  I'll have to do some sums, see how it works out for us UK miners.
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 08:19:05 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 08:30:38 PM by Bombadil

Meh - moot but hey, would only take an e-mail to original developer for an ok is all I'm saying..  Wink

A chatlog:
[20:57:48]   KBomba   cbuchner1: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=916336.msg10071021#msg10071021
[21:02:51]   cbuchner1   yawn/
[21:07:01]   KBomba   Haha, thought so
[21:07:12]   KBomba   May I paste that there for future reference?
[21:08:20]   cbuchner1   ++yawn

Cheesy
Anyways, good point about the other libs, but he's not selling any mods to them. He could all unload them as dlls and release the miner without. So that's not really an issue there Wink
StuffOfInterest

Activity: 401

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:52:06 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2015, 05:35:50 PM by StuffOfInterest

Just sent 0.025BTC from Miner Control (transaction).

Of note, by my calculations right now, even with 3x the performance over sgminer, NeoScrypt is still paying less than half of what some other algos are right now.  Still, prices go up and down so it may be worth it in the end.

BExR exchange rates on your phone's home screen.
Miner Control to get auto algorithm switching for multiple mining services. (please donate if you like)
Could Proof of Blockchain (PoBC) help secure a coin and avoid runaway ASIC mining?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: