Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: neoscrypt algo for ccminer and nvidia card: call for donation  (Read 33720 times)
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 12:24:16 PM

So now you're playing semantics with the word donation and buying?

I'd say the majority of the people in this thread see 'donating' as crowd funding this product, not pissing away their money to hopes and dreams of someone who doesn't care that much about them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying for something, but I see something like this as another scam. He could very well be giving you guys a half hash rate miner and selling one that hashes twice as fast to his big clientele, which will make this miner obsolete in like a month as all the AMD miners with a inferior hashrate and power draw are pushed off the market and all you're left facing off against are the other 'big' Nvidia miners with double the hashrate of you... which you can't compete with.

Djm said he didn't want to do a miner with a fee because people would tear the code out of it. There are a lot of ways to crowd fund something. He could release this, along with a 2% miner and says when he reaches the next X donation amount (based off income from the miner), he'll release a updated version.

People can do things like a % miner and it does work, that's true crowd funding there and it's not the dick it to the small guy way of doing things Wolf0 is doing. Anyone can help participate no matter how big or small.

But people seem to think once this is released, that's where development will end and this will be a good kernel/miner till the end of time. That's not the way it works. There are no guarantees, no promises, you don't even know what he has going on in the background or what he's planning to do. Shops like LTCgear have went under and they look pretty reputable. There is no shop or storefront, just a forum thread that says 'gimmie BTC and I give you this miner at this speed kthxbai'.
the power/gpu dev troll is back  Grin (bensam is just pissed off at me and wolf0 because we told him that it was stupid to develop a crippled miner working at half the speed for half the power usage... as he can do that by clocking down his card... so it is a bit funny that know he accuses us to developed crippled miner Grin ...)
I never said "gimmie BTC and I give you this miner at a given speed"
I said, I will release a neoscrypt miner for nvidia as none exist at the moment for nvidia when a certain amount of donation has been met.
also I never made any promises on the speed, current speed has been given (several time, as it is still a work in progress). 

regarding the %fee on miner, which in my opinion has a lot more to do with taxation than crowdfunding, it would be a lot more profitable for us (gpu dev) to do this, however it means no more opensourcing (and complete rewrite of the code to not be bound to GPL anymore... + fully crypted exe to avoid cheater... )
Also you'll get others unhappy troll... and in the current state of crypto not sure it makes any sense anymore.

actually no matter what we do and how we do it, there will be always someone to complain...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Bombadil

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:27:06 PM

actually no matter what we do and how we do it, there will be always someone to complain...

And loads of people who appreciate whatever you're doing for the community Cheesy Don't forget about us Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 12:35:24 PM

And loads of people who appreciate whatever you're doing for the community Cheesy Don't forget about us Wink

second that ...

in fact - i third that too ...

#crysx

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 12:35:50 PM

Hey genius,

Quote:
"Now, if there isn't enough people who donates, the miner will be only given to those who have pledged. "

I did pledge. Nothing was given. Period.

genius - why tanx Smiley ... hehehe ...

the PLEDGE is just that ... a pledge ... what djm does with HIS work and HIS money is HIS decision ...

these devs spend a great deal of time to do the work that they do carl ... optimizations and development take a lot of time and effort ...

if you have issues with it - leave the project - and pick up the miner when it gets to the public arena ...

you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ...

pledge - donation ... you know - all those words ...

even if djm gives 'his work' ( not so much the miner itself as its all open source anyway ) to ONE person - who is to say that person wont give it to another or another ... or make it publicly available - like one of wolf's binaries ... its unfair and i understand that he is protecting at least 'some' time for his work ...

its a small amount of money to be donating to a dev that actually HAS already contributed to the development prior to all this ...

i believe that its deservant ... and if he doesnt want to hand out the miner / code / his work ... then he doesnt have to. Yes he does.

now thats genius ... my ass

#crysx
Quote:
"you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ..."

You are right kid. I just lost my money to the scammer.
for info, I sent him a pm to tell him that I would give him his donation back before he start trolling here (because I don't deal with moron)
that he had to just to send me his btc address, which he never sent actually.  Grin
So basically, he just bought free trolling... yeah well be my guest...

Here you go:

BTW when you receive something you get the address it was sent from.
@Carl Sagan Please delete your btc address, I don't want mprep to lock this thread. thx  Keep up the good work djm.  Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 12:37:50 PM

So now you're playing semantics with the word donation and buying?

I'd say the majority of the people in this thread see 'donating' as crowd funding this product, not pissing away their money to hopes and dreams of someone who doesn't care that much about them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for paying for something, but I see something like this as another scam. He could very well be giving you guys a half hash rate miner and selling one that hashes twice as fast to his big clientele, which will make this miner obsolete in like a month as all the AMD miners with a inferior hashrate and power draw are pushed off the market and all you're left facing off against are the other 'big' Nvidia miners with double the hashrate of you... which you can't compete with.

Djm said he didn't want to do a miner with a fee because people would tear the code out of it. There are a lot of ways to crowd fund something. He could release this, along with a 2% miner and says when he reaches the next X donation amount (based off income from the miner), he'll release a updated version.

People can do things like a % miner and it does work, that's true crowd funding there and it's not the dick it to the small guy way of doing things Wolf0 is doing. Anyone can help participate no matter how big or small.

But people seem to think once this is released, that's where development will end and this will be a good kernel/miner till the end of time. That's not the way it works. There are no guarantees, no promises, you don't even know what he has going on in the background or what he's planning to do. Shops like LTCgear have went under and they look pretty reputable. There is no shop or storefront, just a forum thread that says 'gimmie BTC and I give you this miner at this speed kthxbai'.
the power/gpu dev troll is back  Grin (bensam is just pissed off at me and wolf0 because we told him that it was stupid to develop a crippled miner working at half the speed for half the power usage... as he can do that by clocking down his card... so it is a bit funny that know he accuses us to developed crippled miner Grin ...)
I never said "gimmie BTC and I give you this miner at a given speed"
I said, I will release a neoscrypt miner for nvidia as none exist at the moment for nvidia when a certain amount of donation has been met.
also I never made any promises on the speed, current speed has been given (several time, as it is still a work in progress). 

regarding the %fee on miner, which in my opinion has a lot more to do with taxation than crowdfunding, it would be a lot more profitable for us (gpu dev) to do this, however it means no more opensourcing (and complete rewrite of the code to not be bound to GPL anymore... + fully crypted exe to avoid cheater... )
Also you'll get others unhappy troll... and in the current state of crypto not sure it makes any sense anymore.

thats kool ...

we KNOW what you said djm ... hence the reason WE dont have an issue - and 'some' others do ...

just keep at it and keep it cracking ... the majority of us are behind you on this ...

#crysx

Carl Sagan

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 05:04:53 PM

Hey genius,

Quote:
"Now, if there isn't enough people who donates, the miner will be only given to those who have pledged. "

I did pledge. Nothing was given. Period.

genius - why tanx Smiley ... hehehe ...

the PLEDGE is just that ... a pledge ... what djm does with HIS work and HIS money is HIS decision ...

these devs spend a great deal of time to do the work that they do carl ... optimizations and development take a lot of time and effort ...

if you have issues with it - leave the project - and pick up the miner when it gets to the public arena ...

you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ...

pledge - donation ... you know - all those words ...

even if djm gives 'his work' ( not so much the miner itself as its all open source anyway ) to ONE person - who is to say that person wont give it to another or another ... or make it publicly available - like one of wolf's binaries ... its unfair and i understand that he is protecting at least 'some' time for his work ...

its a small amount of money to be donating to a dev that actually HAS already contributed to the development prior to all this ...

i believe that its deservant ... and if he doesnt want to hand out the miner / code / his work ... then he doesnt have to. Yes he does.

now thats genius ... my ass

#crysx
Quote:
"you make it out as if you BOUGHT something here ... you didnt! ..."

You are right kid. I just lost my money to the scammer.
for info, I sent him a pm to tell him that I would give him his donation back before he start trolling here (because I don't deal with moron)
that he had to just to send me his btc address, which he never sent actually.  Grin
So basically, he just bought free trolling... yeah well be my guest...

Ehem, You have the address... Where is the money?

To remind you: 17Y4dms9eqXpyX89osnevce6D5q9BwW2ad
you'll get it, minus a trolling fee (because while I was sleeping, you clearly tried to derail the thread ) Grin

and for info ltcgear current state is closer to a collapsed ponzi than anything else as they didn't pay anything since a month (I know I have ltcgear shares...  Roll Eyes ) so right now there are no fpga for neoscrypt...

Quote:

"you'll get it, minus a trolling fee (because while I was sleeping, you clearly tried to derail the thread ) Grin"

Wow, this is so low. Are you from Romania or something?
Namsbreh

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:50:45 PM

@Carl......go away please.

@djm

Just sent a small 0.01 donation to the cause  tx 1361580efb32f8a5a9dfa2d2098b52e6fd2a85b31ad4430be2f3cd85ed4235fc

As always thanks for your efforts.
Carl Sagan

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:03:03 PM

@djm

Just sent a small 0.01 donation to the cause  tx 1361580efb32f8a5a9dfa2d2098b52e6fd2a85b31ad4430be2f3cd85ed4235fc

I won't go away until my money is returned. Just look at this:

Quote from PM:

"For your info, if I was releasing a private miner only, I would not release for what you gave either."

I gave more then the most: https://blockchain.info/tx/9e112ee4732ba68908f26439f959139ea0fdac63c45d4b894710d970f7f15b18

Yea pledge sheeple, you will never see your miner from this scammer.

So, every single donation less or equal to mine will be taken with pleasure and nothing will be given in return.

Wake up.

P.S.
If he returns the money, I don't think it will happen (he has no honor), I would prefer to donate to SP_ who is professional and honest.
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 10:51:24 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2015, 11:14:14 PM by djm34

@djm

Just sent a small 0.01 donation to the cause  tx 1361580efb32f8a5a9dfa2d2098b52e6fd2a85b31ad4430be2f3cd85ed4235fc

Quote from PM:

"For your info, if I was releasing a private miner only, I would not release for what you gave either."
Sure, nobody would release a completely private miner for 0.06btc... Roll Eyes That's 15euros, that's kind of ridiculous considering the time it takes to write those things...
Here the point of this pledge is still to release a public miner for everybody, that's why I asked for donation from everybody (and in case there is not enough people pledging, it would not be released in the wild but only to those who pledge...) that's all I said. It isn't an auction/ pledging now or pledging in a week won't get you the miner faster.
Now you sent email like you wanted the miner now and not in a distant future. The answer was no because I didn't want to make exception also as a noobie account, there is absolutely NO WAY I would have given you the miner in advance as I don't know you hence don't trust you and I want to avoid leaks...

Considering honor: In one of your email you said either I gave you your money back either you call me a scammer (to what I answer ok that I needed an address before you even started your drama) you didn't send your address and started calling me a scammer  Grin

So technically, You called me a scammer, therefore I am not entirely sure I really owe anything anymore (hence my troll fee).
You'll get your money back minus my troll fee soon.  
If you want, I can even sent directly that amount to _sp  Grin

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Carl Sagan

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:58:07 AM

@djm

Quote from PM:

Sure, nobody would release a completely private miner for 0.06btc... Roll Eyes That's 15euros, that's kind of ridiculous considering the time it takes to write those things...
Here the point of this pledge is still to release a public miner for everybody, that's why I asked for donation from everybody (and in case there is not enough people pledging, it would not be released in the wild but only to those who pledge...) that's all I said. It isn't an auction/ pledging now or pledging in a week won't get you the miner faster.
Now you sent email like you wanted the miner now and not in a distant future. The answer was no because I didn't want to make exception also as a noobie account, there is absolutely NO WAY I would have given you the miner in advance as I don't know you hence don't trust you and I want to avoid leaks...

Considering honor: In one of your email you said either I gave you your money back either you call me a scammer (to what I answer ok that I needed an address before you even started your drama) you didn't send your address and started calling me a scammer  Grin

So technically, You called me a scammer, therefore I am not entirely sure I really owe anything anymore (hence my troll fee).
You'll get your money back minus my troll fee soon. 
If you want, I can even sent directly that amount to _sp  Grin

Quote:

"Considering honor: In one of your email you said either I gave you your money back either you call me a scammer (to what I answer ok that I needed an address before you even started your drama) you didn't send your address and started calling me a scammer"

I gave you my address more than once. Scammer.

Quote:

"If you want, I can even sent directly that amount to _sp"

Nope. I don't trust you.

Carl Sagan

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:11:28 AM

Time to ignore and move on.

Nope. Time to pay.
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 03:51:48 AM

Nope. Time to pay.
time to bed... will see that tomorrow

djm34 facebook page
Carl Sagan

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 04:10:34 AM

Nope. Time to pay.

Tomorrow my ass lil thief.
Bombadil

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 06:01:06 AM

Nope. Time to pay.

xD <3 DJM.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 06:49:04 AM

Nope. Time to pay.

This is amusing. djm34 has done more for this community than you can imagine, and for free. AND he stated that the miner would be released once 5 BTC was met - NOT to everyone who donated WHEN they donated. Learn to read.

dont prolong the pain ... just do what needs to be done and move on ...

no matter how amusing it is ... Wink

some people just feed off the attention ...

#crysx

Carl Sagan

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:03:48 AM

Nope. Time to pay.

This is amusing. djm34 has done more for this community than you can imagine, and for free. AND he stated that the miner would be released once 5 BTC was met - NOT to everyone who donated WHEN they donated. Learn to read.

Dude,

Don't you understand that I don't want his miner anymore? I want my money back. Get it through your wolf head.

I don't care what he has done to the community of veteran GPU miners. He took my money and did not deliver. He is a thief.

And here:

djm34

Activity: 378

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: -6: -1 / +0(0)
Warning: Trade with extreme caution!

It speaks for itself.
Bombadil

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:53:41 AM

Where do you see that low trust rating? Goddamn, you're a *$£!6ç mofo. There's nothing interesting in his trust status.
So now you're just going to lie your ass off with stuff other can check. I think your trolling fee should be set at 50%..

Even though you're ignoring me, I hope you know you're screwing it up for yourself. Wouldn't be the first time I received a certain priv miner (for testing etc) because peeps know me and they can trust me. Now, no one will ever trust you/carl sagan again, at least not in the cudacommunity and with that nickname, so byebye. Go donate to sp_, you won't get anything back for it probz, not now, not in the future.
Also, for those who are on IRC (#ccminer) too, will know that I also post a lot of preview/testing builds there before I release any of my simple tools. But no way I'm gonna give anything to you. Not even if I'd make it paid.
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:03:32 AM

Where do you see that low trust rating? Goddamn, you're a *$£!6ç mofo. There's nothing interesting in his trust status.
So now you're just going to lie your ass off with stuff other can check. I think your trolling fee should be set at 50%..
Grin yeah... I just discovered some moron put some bad trust on me after a discussion on either JPC thread or some other coin.
some people don't like to be contradicted

djm34 facebook page
Bombadil

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:10:54 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2015, 11:29:41 AM by Bombadil

Grin yeah... I just discovered some moron put some bad trust on me after a discussion on either JPC thread or some other coin.

Yeah, but that doesn't show directly + it isn't -6...

EDIT: Haha, just saw he added a trust rating to you, djm. And he's making an even greater idiot of himself:
make donation and ask for a refund of his donation before the end of the pledge period.
He's even saying he risked 5BTC.....................
djm34 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:21:37 AM

Yeah, but that doesn't show directly + it isn't -6...

EDIT: Haha, just saw he added a trust rating to you, djm. And he's making an even greater idiot of himself:
Quote from: CarlFoolSagan
make donation and ask for a refund of his donation before the end of the pledge period.
He's even saying he risked 5BTC.....................
actually that's me... that trust rating is very confusing.... (5btc is because he put a bad vibe on the crowd funding project...)

djm34 facebook page
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: