Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:44:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] BDT - 3% weekly interest bond, backed by Bitdaytrade  (Read 57794 times)
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 12:41:29 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2013, 02:39:30 PM by Meni Rosenfeld

Alberto paid 10 BTC more, distributed in https://blockchain.info/tx/73269ac6a67a519bce974ba089134086e8492ee03fb6d1db29abdb741083c2c8.

Update Apr 28: 10 BTC more, https://blockchain.info/tx/1cdd98ccebf51f1db1c475368d1b84fbed0cff0844ca74d66bea5fa7df849ac2.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bugpowder

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 01:04:29 PM

He has real estate assets which could be liquidated to cover his obligations if it comes to that point.
I wouldnt have lent anything if I had known that this was a lie... or at least without any proof just made up to drag us into this whole mess.
I clarified abundantly that I had no first-hand knowledge or proof about either his assets or intentions; and that everything ultimately rests on his good intentions.

We thought the information we had was sufficient to justify the loan. We were wrong.

How does Meni not have a scammer tag from this?  Am I misunderstanding his role in promotion of a scam?
theGECK

Activity: 411

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:03:48 PM

Confirmed to have received a very small amount.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Meni Rosenfeld (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 03:42:29 PM

How does Meni not have a scammer tag from this?  Am I misunderstanding his role in promotion of a scam?
I didn't at the time believe it is a scam (and "promoting it" is also a bit of a stretch). I understand the desire to find a scapegoat but I suggest you read this thread to understand how things transpired.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Bjork

Activity: 457

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 10:44:55 PM

Let's be clear here.  Meni is not a scammer and has lost more money on this than anyone else.

Koekiemonster

Activity: 321

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:56:57 PM

You received 10 BTC more from Alberto Meni?

https://blockchain.info/nl/address/14ubeus6MbjWqy13x2uFPS6XFUyE92ty96

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
bitdaytrade

Activity: 287

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 11:20:27 PM

Confirmed. Additional 10 BTC sent as part of the weekly repayment plan which started about two weeks ago. I'll be opening a thread for taking care of depositors refunds very soon. 
I understand the frustration, i kindly request to take down my personal informations and pictures. Once again i'm here to say that i acknowledge my mistakes, namely, while not limited to : fund mismanagement, bad site security pratices and naiveness; but i'm not a scammer and i'm trying to make this whole mess right. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Alberto
Koekiemonster

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:22:40 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 12:55:38 AM by Koekiemonster

Thanks for your reply. Please stick to the future promises you make. Don't promise anything you won't fulfill.

Could you specify "very soon" please?

bitdaytrade

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:50:08 AM

Thanks for your reply. Please stick to the future promises you make. Don't promise anything you won't furfill.

Could you specify "very soon" please?

Thanks for your advice, appreciated. I'll have a thread and a page for claims up and running in the next two weeks approximately. Did you have a balance on bitdaytrade.com ?
Bjork

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 02:47:52 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2013, 03:07:24 AM by Bjork

Confirmed. Additional 10 BTC sent as part of the weekly repayment plan which started about two weeks ago. I'll be opening a thread for taking care of depositors refunds very soon.  
I understand the frustration, i kindly request to take down my personal informations and pictures. Once again i'm here to say that i acknowledge my mistakes, namely, while not limited to : fund mismanagement, bad site security pratices and naiveness; but i'm not a scammer and i'm trying to make this whole mess right. Thanks everyone for your patience.

Alberto

No.

Look, I don't know what kind of shitty "payment plan" you have agreed to but YOU ORDERED ASICS WITH OUR MONEY.

Why should you get to mine and consider this "payment" or whatever you are planning on doing.  Fuck you.  My coins would have increased in value over TEN FOLD and be worth ~$30k USD by now if you had just handed them back or put them in cold storage... let alone the interest that I was owed.

bitdaytrade

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 11:29:57 AM

Alberto

No.

Look, I don't know what kind of shitty "payment plan" you have agreed to but YOU ORDERED ASICS WITH OUR MONEY.

Why should you get to mine and consider this "payment" or whatever you are planning on doing.  Fuck you.  My coins would have increased in value over TEN FOLD and be worth ~$30k USD by now if you had just handed them back or put them in cold storage... let alone the interest that I was owed.

Rude language isn't getting you anywhere. I expect my informations to be taken down soon enough for this re-payment plan to continue. As said, i'm not a scammer, and i'm doing this to remedy previous mistakes. Thank you
Koekiemonster

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:52:18 PM

Alberto

No.

Rude language isn't getting you anywhere. I expect my informations to be taken down soon enough for this re-payment plan to continue. As said, i'm not a scammer, and i'm doing this to remedy previous mistakes. Thank you

I think it should be the other way around. As soon as you have a payment plan ready your information should be taken down and whenever you don't keep your promises it should be back up. Saying you're not a scammer makes no sense when your actions don't back up this statement. Everything in this topic screams you are indeed a scammer so until you prove the opposite this is what you are.
I agree rude language isn't getting anyone anywhere, but you should understand you made a lot of people very angy -including me- and people made plans to get back their money -including me- which I hope won't be necessary if you indeed repay your debts.

bitdaytrade

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 01:48:31 PM

Alberto

No.

I think it should be the other way around. As soon as you have a payment plan ready your information should be taken down and whenever you don't keep your promises it should be back up. Saying you're not a scammer makes no sense when your actions don't back up this statement. Everything in this topic screams you are indeed a scammer so until you prove the opposite this is what you are.
I agree rude language isn't getting anyone anywhere, but you should understand you made a lot of people very angy -including me- and people made plans to get back their money -including me- which I hope won't be necessary if you indeed repay your debts.

I do understand people is angry and i'm very sorry for this very reason. I didn't mean to cause any financial damage whatsoever, but some funds have been lost, and i'm still here paying back, small amount by small amount. The payment plan i am referring to, which started two weeks ago, was previously agreed with Meni Rosenfeld but further delays have barred me for keeping up with the once promised timeframe. Since then two weekly payments have been achieved. If i didn't have good intentions since the start why should i still be here ?
I do not think that a thief will return anything, it gets as simple as this. Let's keep reasonable and civil, everyone will get their money back.
Bjork

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 04:23:48 PM

Alberto

No.

I do understand people is angry and i'm very sorry for this very reason. I didn't mean to cause any financial damage whatsoever, but some funds have been lost, and i'm still here paying back, small amount by small amount. The payment plan i am referring to, which started two weeks ago, was previously agreed with Meni Rosenfeld but further delays have barred me for keeping up with the once promised timeframe. Since then two weekly payments have been achieved. If i didn't have good intentions since the start why should i still be here ?
I do not think that a thief will return anything, it gets as simple as this. Let's keep reasonable and civil, everyone will get their money back.

So you plan on giving me my ~250 bitcoins back?  Oh, no... that's right.  You are going to give me worthless fiat about a year late denominated at $12 USD per btc.

When I get what I am owed, your pictures get taken down.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:18:26 PM

+1 @ Bjork... those are exactly my thoughts!
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:45:38 PM

The weekly repayment plan seems to have stranded ... and also no sign of a "thread for taking care of depositors refunds". So what's the holdup?

Koekiemonster

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:50:06 PM

The weekly repayment plan seems to have stranded ... and also no sign of a "thread for taking care of depositors refunds". So what's the holdup?

He hasn't even been online since.. Meni, did you have any contact?

bitdaytrade

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:30:14 AM

I have talked with Meni about the conditions for the continuation of the repayment plan but i haven't heard back from him yet, i guess he was busy planning for the bitcoin 2013 conference.
I've also stated those conditions in my previous posts. Someone didn't get it right, get down my pictures and payments will continue. I'm getting coins back to everyone since months, and i've shown my good will, repaying the debt even if slowly, i see no  reason to continue paying back if this blackmailing doesn't stop. I am not a scammer and i never was one, mistakes are part of of the human nature, i've failed multiple times on my previous business endeavours, but i've never meant to scam anyone. Unfortunately at this point, this BDT fiasco destroyed completely my reputation but i am trying to re-building it, step by step. I hope to see progress on the aforementioned requirements, that would help a bit.
Threads for BDT depositors will be coming after we have solved this stuff.

Thanks everyone for your patience
Sincerely
Alberto
Equilux

Activity: 353
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 02:42:01 AM

Firstly I think we all have been extremely patient when considering for how long this has been going on, and considering quite a few people have lost a significant amount of money, and since BTC rose a lot in the mean time, that is likely something we will never recoup. All of which can be blamed on you whether you intended this or not.

The request to have your pictures taken down, after which the payments will resume is exactly the kind of blackmail you are objecting to! And in light of the situation I outlined above your request seems extremely out of place!

I for one, do not feel you have shown significant good will or reliability to repay your debts in full; you've made and broken countless promises and dates, shown no proof of a coherent repayment plan, you disappear for months without so much as an update and have not even bothered to set up a thread or website to handle repayments.

Taking all this into consideration I hope you'll see that a lot of effort is still required on your part, before it might be reasonable for you to ask for something in return. This is simply the mechanics of the current situation, and the relation between yourself and the people who's money you are responsible for. This might seem harsh, but that's part of the problem you've created for yourself.

Best regards,
Equilux

Koekiemonster

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 12:14:45 PM

I think it's fair to ask to take the photos offline, but put them back up the moment he doesn't keep his promises.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: