Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:17:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 100 bitcoins. Will I be a millionaire by 2020?  (Read 77341 times)
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:04:07 PM

With all good news from big companies investing in Blockchain technology I think it will be possible. Look at these examples from IBM and Samsung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1XOPIqyP7A

When a washing machine needs detergent, the washing machine can buy it automatically for you, and pay it with Bitcoins.
Washing machines, refrigerators who can restock automatically, all of it could be possible in the (near) future. Then ordinary people need Bitcoins to pay for it...

I can see it working in industry. Huge amounts of time and effort are spent monitoring and ordering supplies, materials and inventory.

There's no goddamn way I'm leaving my shopping up to machines or opening up every device in my gaff to spying and hackers. Most of my boring machinery is several decades old. I'm not laying out for new gear purely to make my life more helpless and expensive.

You wont be the target audience, no offence.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:11:38 PM

Are you calling me an old git? Shocking.

A mobile phone that does it all makes sense. It's functional and fashionable and they're constantly evolving with ever more tricks.

A washing machine just sits there and washes stuff. I'm sure the iWash would attract a few psycho die hards but it's solving a problem that doesn't really exist and introducing potential problems that really don't need to exist.

If the future leaves me behind with my ancient utensils, then so be it.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:21:53 PM

A mobile phone that does it all makes sense. It's functional and fashionable and they're constantly evolving with ever more tricks.

A washing machine just sits there and washes stuff. I'm sure the iWash would attract a few psycho die hards but it's solving a problem that doesn't really exist and introducing potential problems that really don't need to exist.

I'm with you. In fact we just purchased a new washer/dryer. 95% of the models for sale were the front loading "efficient" over-priced piles of junk. Luckily we found some good ol' fashioned top loaders which happened to be on sale. They clean better and will cost way less to fix if they ever break, unlike their "new and improved" cousins.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:42:02 AM

With all good news from big companies investing in Blockchain technology I think it will be possible. Look at these examples from IBM and Samsung: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1XOPIqyP7A

When a washing machine needs detergent, the washing machine can buy it automatically for you, and pay it with Bitcoins.
Washing machines, refrigerators who can restock automatically, all of it could be possible in the (near) future. Then ordinary people need Bitcoins to pay for it...

I'd much rather have a robotic maid that took my dirty laundry to said washing machine. This by contract sounds like a really dumb idea. I mean, why the fuck would you want to pay premium for individually delivered detergent bottles like this?
inca
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:58:42 AM

Smiley I wouldn't dare

But this kind of kit will just get put in every device in the coming years. Not seeing the point because what you have now works fine right now is missing the point.

How difficult would it be to create a fridge and cupboard inventory system and link it to your internet shopping via your phone agent. Perhaps your washing machine links to the system. Perhaps your car connects. We cannot see the use cases but technology will become ubiquitous in spite of us.
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:16:21 PM

Why wouldn't washing machines order it with your credit card #? I'm already using CCs for auto ship payments from various companies. They don't take BTC for auto payments yet and I'm not sure they will need (or want) to....
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 02:17:55 PM

Yes.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:23:24 PM

I mean, why the fuck would you want to pay premium for individually delivered detergent bottles like this?
the supply chain management guys would continually optimize for ideal time/money efficiency. I don't know if you've ever attended a lecture or read anything by them, but it's actually pretty high level and intense stuff.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 02:34:03 PM

I mean, why the fuck would you want to pay premium for individually delivered detergent bottles like this?
the supply chain management guys would continually optimize for ideal time/money efficiency. I don't know if you've ever attended a lecture or read anything by them, but it's actually pretty high level and intense stuff.

yeah, it's sort of like the travelling salesman problem. cryptocurrencies are the global optima.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:47:33 PM

5 years seems overkill, now give it 10 years and 99.99% chances are that by 2025 OP will be safely retired.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:35:55 PM

5 years seems overkill, now give it 10 years and 99.99% chances are that by 2025 OP will be safely retired.
I don't know. If bitcoin doesn't take off in 5 years, I think it would start losing steam as people start losing interest and faith.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:13:44 PM

I don't know. If bitcoin doesn't take off in 5 years, I think it would start losing steam as people start losing interest and faith.
Well it doesn't matter, Bitcoin will yes or yes eventually become globally relevant when people gets slapped around by the conventional ways of storing money and the search for an alternative. It's a waiting game.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:06:57 AM

What a lovely thread with so many people who are extremely realistic, i see a lot of awesome predictions here and i can't wait for one of them to come true and make me a small millionaire.

I would sell most of them and live mortgage free with some left over for a small business, Yes you guys have got me excited for 2020 now Smiley

Cheers.
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:24:59 AM

Well, it's a shame we have an incredibly inefficient delivery network then, because whatever saving this entails will be consumed by the guy who has to deliver my package - unless my washing machine plans to do my weekly shopping for me, although it's more likely it will get hacked and start gambling its bitcoins on SatoshiDice.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:14:27 PM

Well, it's a shame we have an incredibly inefficient delivery network then, because whatever saving this entails will be consumed by the guy who has to deliver my package - unless my washing machine plans to do my weekly shopping for me, although it's more likely it will get hacked and start gambling its bitcoins on SatoshiDice.

It's a grind sitting in waiting for an important package. Missing the detergent guy repeatedly would have me losing the will to live.

Those I know who shop for groceries online end up getting perishable stuff that'll go past its use by date in a couple of days. That's fine and within the letter of the contract, but if I go to the supermarket myself and rummage around in the back I can get an extra week.

If shopping was automated your finances would probably end up dying from a thousand cuts. You have to do a little nosing around to save, which results in a decent amount left at the end of the month.

Full home automation has been batted around since the 50s. It never materialised because it adds more complication than it solves. Things still look relatively samey today and they work just fine.

Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 06:44:11 PM

We don't see that value of bitcoin can grow up that much in such a short period of time
inca
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:26:25 PM

We don't see that value of bitcoin can grow up that much in such a short period of time

We?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:49:26 PM

added somes crash of high bank (it's started in Autriche linked to german bank at 368 millions of Euros ... loosed definitly) ... and you can see very shortly ... the price up.  Roll Eyes
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:10:29 PM

Let's put it this way right: If by 2020 you aren't near a millonaire, something wrong happened. If by 2025 you aren't a confirmed millonaire, civilization collapsed.
MiningAtlas

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:48:57 AM

the only way is up... baby... for you and me now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: