Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SMAC - Accounts have been suspended project closed  (Read 65795 times)
UNO_owner

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:31:44 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2015, 10:44:14 PM by UNO_owner

It's fine if anyone thinks I'm biased, but I'm just pointing facts. Fact: Smac doesn't have anything other than a whitepaper and words.

You can laugh if you want about my Geekkos project, but here are some facts about it: We at least coded our own website, we at least had sketches, we at least had a design for the wallets, and I even re-coded the crowdsale script on our own crowdsale page according to the blockchain.info API to make it more secure.

I won't engage in fights anymore nor curse anyone here, just pointing facts.

Congratulations.  You wrote a line or two of code, used a pirated copy of Wordpress, bought a domain, and drew a pretty picture to facilitate you getting an 80BTC payday.  What is funny about Geek is that you were going to use that 80 BTC payday to produce a top notch MOBA and a steam-like web store (your words not mine).  Can't imagine why there aren't more competitors to Steam since it is obviously so cheap and easy to set something like that up.

Whether Boxxa and crew have done any work yet is not relevant because their idea is realistic, achievable, and well planned.  GEEK was so far fetched it was nothing short of laughable.  The silly dreams of a school boy so far out of his depth, he doesn't even know it - just stands there with his hand out asking for candy.  You probably wonder why you only got 10BTC.  I wonder why you got so damn much.

kaduwall

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:55:41 PM

It's fine if anyone thinks I'm biased, but I'm just pointing facts. Fact: Smac doesn't have anything other than a whitepaper and words.

You can laugh if you want about my Geekkos project, but here are some facts about it: We at least coded our own website, we at least had sketches, we at least had a design for the wallets, and I even re-coded the crowdsale script on our own crowdsale page according to the blockchain.info API to make it more secure.

Congratulations.  You wrote a line or two of code, used a pirated copy of Wordpress, bought a domain, and drew a pretty picture to facilitate you getting an 80BTC payday.  What is funny about Geek is that you were going to use that 80 BTC payday to produce a top notch MOBA and a steam-like web store (your words not mine).  Can't imagine why there aren't more competitors to Steam since it is obviously so cheap and easy to set something like that up.

Whether Boxxa and crew have done any work yet is not relevant because their idea is realistic, achievable, and well planned.  GEEK was so far fetched it was nothing short of laughable.  The silly dreams of a school boy so far out of his depth, he doesn't even know it - just stands there with his hand out asking for candy.  You probably wonder why you only got 10BTC.  I wonder why you got so damn much.

No, I didn't used wordpress. I coded my website from 0, you can look for yourself. Not a template, not a CMS, not just 1 or 2 lines.

I did make some mistakes in my project, I agree. I don't wonder why I got only 11.20 BTC, I know what I did wrong. I can learn from my mistakes. Have you read our note?
Btw, there's a big difference in setting up a digital store that aims to be similar to Steam one day than actually being it. There are in fact millions of digital stores in the web. You maybe misinterpreted our intentions.

The fact that my project failed at a first attempt however doesn't change the fact that the Smac Team hasn't produced anything other than words.
Thanks
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 11:14:16 PM

Whether Boxxa and crew have done any work yet is not relevant because their idea is realistic, achievable, and well planned.  GEEK was so far fetched it was nothing short of laughable.  The silly dreams of a school boy so far out of his depth, he doesn't even know it - just stands there with his hand out asking for candy.  You probably wonder why you only got 10BTC.  I wonder why you got so damn much.

No, I didn't used wordpress. I coded my website from 0, you can look for yourself. Not a template, not a CMS, not just 1 or 2 lines.

I did make some mistakes in my project, I agree. I don't wonder why I got only 11.20 BTC, I know what I did wrong. I can learn from my mistakes. Have you read our note?
Btw, there's a big difference in setting up a digital store that aims to be similar to Steam one day than actually being it. There are in fact millions of digital stores in the web. You maybe misinterpreted our intentions.

The fact that my project failed at a first attempt however doesn't change the fact that the Smac Team hasn't produced anything other than words.
Thanks

Thanks for the bump.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 11:17:59 PM

This coin might p&d but its a terrible idea for a digital asset.  Profits will be minimal and go straight to Devs as coin price bleeds to death. 
boxxa

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:07:55 AM

This is why I am not going to argue with you. Stop comparing your website to building something.

kaduwall

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:24:13 AM

This is why I am not going to argue with you. Stop comparing your website to building something.

This is the Crowdsale page alone. This was initially coded by Fullhdpixel, I left the credit there. In this page, I just re-coded the API to work in a more secure way with Blockchain.info.

Also of course, changed the design and everything.

You can ask @fullhdpixel , he'll confirm. Smiley
boxxa

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:27:06 AM

This is the Crowdsale page alone. This was initially coded by Fullhdpixel, I left the credit there. In this page, I just re-coded the API to work in a more secure way with Blockchain.info.

I guess we have different opinions of "I coded my website from 0" then.

Thank you again for the bumps to our thread.
kaduwall

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:36:15 AM

I guess we have different opinions of "I coded my website from 0" then.

Thank you again for the bumps to our thread.

lol, man, thats all I have to say about my website coded from 0, see the source for this page http://www.geekkos.com/home/
Also, instead of talking about my project, shouldn't you be creating something else than just the whitepaper?
boxxa

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:48:13 AM

To address concerns floating around, the ANN has been updated with example of a 200k follower account that has been monetized.
kaduwall

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:59:27 AM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 06:51:36 AM by kaduwall

To address concerns floating around, the ANN has been updated with example of a 200k follower account that has been monetized.

I wasn't able to get an answer from you in #coinmarkets so I'm just going to post it here. Simple question.

How much does it cost to acquire that account specifically?
Because if you can't answer that, the ROI can't be calculated and in the end that proof of revenue doesn't mean anything.

What if it cost $100,000 to acquire the account? It would take over 50 months to ROI at $66 dollars a day, assuming the profile doesn't devaluate.
This is just an example of course, thats why I'm really interested in your answer for that question.

SMAC-Media (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:41:16 AM

I wasn't able to get an answer from you in #coinmarkets so I'm just going to post it here. Simple question.

Because if you can't answer that, the ROI can't be calculated and in the end that proof of revenue doesn't mean anything.

What if it cost $100,000 to acquire the account? It would take over 50 months to ROI at $66 dollars a day, assuming the profile doesn't devaluate.
This is just an example of course, thats why I'm really interested in your answer for that question.
$4-$5k
kaduwall

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:54:20 AM

$4-$5k

Ok, that doesn't make sense.

You said that an account with 1.2M followers should be worth around $300,000 in your own whitepaper.
So, assuming your own point of view, an account with 250k followers should be worth around $62,500
$62,500 is over 250 BTC at the time of writing. More than twice what you set for the maximum in your ICO. (So it wouldn't be possible to acquire that account)

Also, with a revenue of $66 per day , assuming it doesn't devaluate (which requires a lot of work), it would take over 31 months to make an ROI.

On another hand, if you COULD acquire that account with the money from the ICO for cheap like you say, $5k (20 BTC give or take), then why would that person sell that account to you if he/she can make $5,000 in just 2.5 months by itself? After all its already monetized.

Could you explain that?
AhmedAshraf

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:11:47 AM

$4-$5k

You said that an account with 1.2M followers should be worth around $300,000 in your own whitepaper.
So, assuming your own point of view, an account with 250k followers should be worth around $62,500
$62,500 is over 250 BTC at the time of writing. More than twice what you set for the maximum in your ICO. (So it wouldn't be possible to acquire that account)

Also, with a revenue of $66 per day , assuming it doesn't devaluate (which requires a lot of work), it would take over 31 months to make an ROI.

On another hand, if you COULD acquire that account with the money from the ICO for cheap like you say, $5k (20 BTC give or take), then why would that person sell that account to you if he/she can make $5,000 in just 2.5 months by itself? After all its already monetized.

Could you explain that?
Hi there !
I have made and monetized some twitter accounts in the past, and the point is, people sometimes sell their account for what less than it earns in one month !. Why? The answer is simple: They can't manage them anymore as they usually have several others, they can't find new content, or simply need the money now.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
dreamhouse

Activity: 1073
Merit: 666

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:14:10 AM

another ICO crap...
greenclover

Activity: 195

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:21:58 AM

what's the amount of coins in block 1? 10? 100?? 1000?? 10000?? and combined with 365% POS rate, are you kidding me? Clearly this coin is a crap, only stupid people will buy it.

There are this type of "ICO" coins, which I never seen a good one. And there are some good ones, to explore new algorithms with new features, such as SUP, MINT, SUPER, VIA, etc, at least they contribute to our understanding of how coins work.
SMAC-Media (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:27:38 PM

what's the amount of coins in block 1? 10? 100?? 1000?? 10000?? and combined with 365% POS rate, are you kidding me? Clearly this coin is a crap, only stupid people will buy it.

There are this type of "ICO" coins, which I never seen a good one. And there are some good ones, to explore new algorithms with new features, such as SUP, MINT, SUPER, VIA, etc, at least they contribute to our understanding of how coins work.
I am sorry you feel that way.
MichaelEvancoe

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 06:30:19 PM

$4-$5k

Could you explain that?

So here's where things get tricky.  As you go higher up the follower list, accounts' prices grow exponentially.  In the case of @tweetlikeagiri (1.2m followers), it is a brand as much as a twitter account so it's price is very high (~$300k).  Now on the other hand, a 200k follower account that isn't also a brand might be only worth $2k.  Most social media accounts are very underpriced.  Why would someone sell?  Most publishers (and the general public) don't realize the value of their accounts, simple as that.

Hopefully this helps answer your question, lmk if you need more clarification Smiley
boxxa

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:49:30 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2015, 07:19:57 PM by boxxa

So your idea of a "good coin" is one that has new algos which exist to solely profit miners rigs that have become obsolete? Also, new features once implemented and forked to other coins are there to just pump and help miners dump which we are against.

If you read the ANN, this coin is a asset and is not going to promote features that are not needed in the social advertisement industry which we are building into. Crypto is fine and just needs to be brought into the industry using the existing technologies which is what we are building. Sorry we are against hyped features to move price. We are not a day to day use coin and are not trying to be like the coins you listed which again, is why nothing has been mentioned about our algos and why our PoS is designed to incentive ICO buyers to hold the coins and profit off POS generation each month.

And by day to day, the coins assets are limited to 1,000,000 to start. You wouldn't go buy coffee with the token. We are not trying to replace Bitcoin. It is aimed to be used inside the social advertisement industry through our partnerships which is why we are not hyping new algos and features in a wallet that no one would use just to drive price action.
Hulk Hobo

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:59:55 PM

I am a complete imbecile. #fact

At least he's finally making sense?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:53:06 PM

These things are always a gamble.  SMAC will probably fail as pretty much everything in crypto does. 

Anyone who thinks of buying cryptos as anything other than a form of gambling is deluding themselves. 

There is a tiny minuscule possibility that some crypto endeavour somewhere will succeed and SMAC seems to have a slightly higher possibility than your average shitcoin because it has a slightly different idea for building value/utility and a real team behind it.  I still hate the name though.

I trust that Boxxa would not involve himself in any scam and have no doubt that this is a genuine attempt at building something new.  It will probably still fail but I will hope for a positive outcome.

I would rather invest in this (for ethical reasons) than investing in the latest P&D schemes where the only way to make money is by ripping off more gullible and inexperienced buyers with insane ideas for growth - essentially the modified Ponzi scheme that 99% of projects since the end of 2013 have been.

So in summary:

Buy this:
- If you like to gamble and have the balls to accept its probable failure
- You like the idea
- You like to invest in reputable people (not 12 year olds looking to buy a new IPAD with their ill gotten gains)
- You don't enjoy feeding off the gullible
- To stick two fingers (yes 2 because I do it UK style) up to the MegaCorp Coins like Ripple that are designed purely to enrich those who are already privileged and their bottom feeding pets

Don't Buy This:
- If you got into a silly playground argument with one of the developers over your own coin and now want playground revenge
- You don't like gambling (- Why the hell are you in crypto?)
- You lost your balls in a previous gambling accident
- You really believe this will make you rich and want to invest your life savings, university/retirement funds, food for money or anything else that is really important
- You have one of those beards without a moustache (- that's not a beard that's a fake shell of annoyingness - a FEARD)

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: