Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:21:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public STATEMENT Regarding Bitcoinica account hack at MtGox  (Read 72793 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:07:46 AM

Its hard to say which jurisdiction will handle this . Interpol?

Interpol is just a clearing house which co-ordinates co-operation between the law enforcement agencies of different nations.  Jurisdiction would belong to the nation from which the crime is deemed to have been committed or to have taken place (where there are multiple jurisdictions involved, one place can cede jurisdiction to another).

Jurisdiction doesn't become an issue until a criminal investigation has been conducted.  Mt Gox is the only party so far which acknowledges having filed a police report.  I suspect that the release of this information will prompt people to file reports with the appropriate computer crime units in their own countries (I know one person had already reported the Bitcoinica hacks to the DoJ in the US).  It's those law enforcement agencies who'll determine if any charges are laid and where.

It would certainly be wise for Zhou to retain a lawyer at this point.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:08:03 AM

Stunned that anybody can suspend dis-belief in this matter to even type the words that Zhou might be innocent in this. Scammer Boy just got caught red-handed, time for some biblical justice to get served up.

Agree, he better stay in China if he does not want to be extradited.

Does all the Bitcoinica drama actually boil down to "I gave some BTC to some guy in China, and he won't give them back!" ??

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:11:11 AM

could Z have also been behind the other bitcoina "hacks"?

No, none of the hacks was performed by me.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:13:41 AM

could Z have also been behind the other bitcoina "hacks"?

No, none of the hacks was performed by me.
Thanks for this useful post.
fellowtraveler

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:16:05 AM

I feel compelled to write, that people should be very careful about their words and actions.

The amounts of money involved here -- people are murdered over these sorts of things every day.

The Bitcoin community needs to get its act together on security. Censorship-resistant is good, but it's not enough.

All it will take is one Bitcoin-related murder, and things will change in our community forever.

Even though many are murdered for dollars every day.

co-founder, Monetas
creator, Open-Transactions
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:21:07 AM

Here is the link to the official Singapore Government Website http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/ There are many offenses for which caning is part of the punishment.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:21:21 AM

I feel compelled to write, that people should be very careful about their words and actions.

The amounts of money involved here -- people are murdered over these sorts of things every day.

The Bitcoin community needs to get its act together on security. Censorship-resistant is good, but it's not enough.

All it will take is one Bitcoin-related murder, and things will change in our community forever.

Such is the aberrant behavior promoted and supported by the distorted values of a monetary system.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:25:09 AM

Good advice, the community could change in a good way too.

It's sometime impressive the things peoples think getting away with. (with a legal slap on the hand)
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:25:33 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Bitcoinica Hacker,

I am owed 24841 BTC by Bitcoinica,
So far I have received 1549.3209 back from Zhou Tong and 1 BTC from an anonymous donor.

Please return the remaining 23,290.6791 BTC to 16HMoS4TryH7wWsAv2PtvxiHX8QGXMGczi

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
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=cq/J
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:25:37 AM

So are you saying that you used a different email when you sold the LR for your friend?

How would a hacker benefit from using the SJ email to have a wire sent to your bank account?

I use my own Liberty Reserve account for all my own transactions, including those on behalf of my friend.

I placed the order from my own LR to send to my own bank account, and it's a genuine transaction unrelated to the hack.

The hacker has attempted to withdraw money from the SJ email to his bank account or another bank account that he controls. I have posted the detailed information in the statement.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You are claiming that the VERY next day from the hack, you exchanged an ungodly amount of Liberty Reserve "for a friend" using three different well known Liberty Reserve exchangers (as per your own admission on our ticket system), and yet, this is totally unrelated and purely coincidental?

By the way, you have stated on a previous post that the amount exchanged in Liberty Reserve is "far superior" to the one stated in the OP. What you failed to mention is that BTC were also stolen from the Bitcoinica account, and that those bitcoins can be easily converted to LR using a plethora of services online (including the one that the "hacker" who allegedly hacked your email account) used.

We have been in business since 2007 and have never froze a single payment. Believe me when I say that the information (both publicized and some kept private for legal reason) is absolutely overwhelming.

I must be extremely stupid to hack the Mt. Gox account and cash out the very next day at an exchange with very close ties with Bitcoin community. (Isn't that shooting myself?) I used three different exchangers because some of them didn't have sufficient reserves in their bank and I didn't fully trust them either. AurumXchange was the exchange I trusted the most because Bitcoinica had a close business partnership with you previously.

There's nothing coincidental about your evidence.

Also, if you shared this with me earlier in the ticket instead of posting a "statement" like this I could co-operate with the investigation much better. I didn't have a single clue that you are indeed correlating the hack with my private transaction at your exchange.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:30:21 AM

Zhou, whether you're innocent or guilty you need to get a lawyer and shut the fuck up.  There is no way in which continuing to post here regarding this incident can possibly benefit you at this time.

You posted the other day that what you feared most from the Bitcoinica clusterfuck was criminal charges which would affect your future.  That's now a distinct possibility, so stop worrying about arguing with people on the internet and spend your time and energy on engaging a lawyer who can help you defend yourself against these accusations.  This isn't a game.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:30:27 AM

I think it's fair enough to also mention that people shouldn't immediately discount the possibility that if Zhou is responsible that he could have been forced somehow into doing it. Just as the amounts of money are large enough to perhaps incite someone to take undue retribution, they are large enough to have attractive the interest of people who would extort a person for it. I know it sounds far fetched, and I'm probably grabbing at straws, but perhaps someone could have forced him to do it.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:31:48 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Bitcoinica Hacker,

I am owed 24841 BTC by Bitcoinica,
So far I have received 1549.3209 back from Zhou Tong and 1 BTC from an anonymous donor.

Please return the remaining 23,290.6791 BTC to 16HMoS4TryH7wWsAv2PtvxiHX8QGXMGczi

wow that's breathtaking.

more or less retired.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:33:16 AM

Zhou, whether you're innocent or guilty you need to get a lawyer and shut the fuck up.  There is no way in which continuing to post here regarding this incident can possibly benefit you at this time.

You posted the other day that what you feared most from the Bitcoinica clusterfuck was criminal charges which would affect your future.  That's now a distinct possibility, so stop worrying about arguing with people on the internet and spend your time and energy on engaging a lawyer who can help you defend yourself against these accusations.  This isn't a game.

Good advice. Damn good advice. You need to lawyer up, shut the fuck up, and pray to whatever God you hold holy that they lunatic fringe in this community doesn't decide to take it out you one coin at a very painful time.

And stop telling lies that will further entrap you. You are not good at fabricating bullshit, and when this all gets brought out in court you are going to go down faster than a ten cent whore on payday.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:36:25 AM

I must be extremely stupid to hack the Mt. Gox account and cash out the very next day at an exchange with very close ties with Bitcoin community. (Isn't that shooting myself?) I used three different exchangers because some of them didn't have sufficient reserves in their bank and I didn't fully trust them either. AurumXchange was the exchange I trusted the most because Bitcoinica had a close business partnership with you previously.

Also, if you shared this with me earlier in the ticket instead of posting a "statement" like this I could co-operate with the investigation much better. I didn't have a single clue that you are indeed correlating the hack with my private transaction at your exchange.

Whatever the circumstances may be, AurumXchange deemed the situation too dangerous to decide to unlock the funds.

As long as you can prove the origin of the funds you've been transferring, there shouldn't be any issue.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:39:58 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2012, 06:57:21 AM by jimbobway

Crazy times.
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:41:25 AM

Damn.  I have trust in ZT for reason still.  Innocent until proven guilty, IMO.  There is a chance there could be someone close to him fucking him over.  It would have to be someone real close, perhaps the person you were giving this money to?  He would know this would look suspicious because he timed it as such.

If there is a way for GMail to get involved to hash out the IP situation that would be ideal.  

ZT- if you did this buddy, best thing to do is to seriously pay everyone back and accept whatever leaner penalties come your way.  Way too much ahead in your life to be messing around with $200,000.  In your best years ahead that would be a monthly take home easy.  I am still giving you the benefit of the doubt, but if you really did man, well seriously, it is time to give up and return it all now.  You can still salvage your life.
zhoutong
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2012, 06:43:32 AM

Whatever the circumstances may be, AurumXchange deemed the situation too dangerous to decide to unlock the funds.

As long as you can prove the origin of the funds you've been transferring, there shouldn't be any issue.

I'll try to ask my friend if he's okay with publicizing the related transactions, or I can wait until the investigation is concluded (or the real hacker being found).

Anyway I have already sent out the certified copy of my AML documents and they should arrive in 2-3 days. I hope my Mt. Gox account can be unblocked then.

kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:44:24 AM

I'll try to ask my friend if he's okay with publicizing the related transactions, or I can wait until the investigation is concluded (or the real hacker being found).

Anyway I have already sent out the certified copy of my AML documents and they should arrive in 2-3 days. I hope my Mt. Gox account can be unblocked then.

No offense, you should shut up and get a lawyer? Well, if you're still posting after that, I doubt no advice will help you now.

naima53

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 06:45:34 AM

wow .... This is an attempt to falsely accuse Zhou ... What are you afraid? This man is not so stupid as to use the clean ip address. And publish his photos after it ... In any case, now it is excluded from the list.

Donate me) 16f6iWHHkVEnDReeBQPT9GwCNwUfPTXrp2
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: