Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:34:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291225 times)
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:43:28 PM

That's frightening.  Whenever I buy a computer that has windoze first thing I do is format the hard drive.

Me too, but most people just don't care.

They'll keep getting all kinds of malware, keep having their bitcoins stolen, and just think that's how it has to be.

When you try to tell them there's a better way their eyes glaze over and they think you're trying to say you're "better than them".

I've given up. But it is frustrating when forward-thinking sites like SWC make the same mistake and decide to be Windows-only at launch.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 09:47:33 PM

They want to have non-Windows versions more than anyone in this thread, because more options means more players.

Unfortunately the launch conditions weren't ideal, and the choice was either Windows only for now or none at all.

It's not like they're just slacking and ignoring everyone.  They have a greater interest in it than any one player, and they will release them as soon as they can.

opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:01:10 PM

Just here to post my weekly crybaby gripe about the fact that apparently swc is windoze only Sad  Seriously, how many people actually still run windowz?

a lot

That's frightening.  Whenever I buy a computer that has windoze first thing I do is format the hard drive.

I have done this on a new laptop which was insured and then decided to go all funky and not work which i could not fix nor put windows back on there :/ Insurers funny obviously.

Does anyone know when we will have the big back on my sundays have been boring for awhile now can't wait to get back on it Smiley

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:03:59 PM

Just here to post my weekly crybaby gripe about the fact that apparently swc is windoze only Sad  Seriously, how many people actually still run windowz?

About 90% of desktop users.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:26:38 PM

i have asked a few times when will they launch a mac version, but admin always ignored my posts.
meat

Activity: 257

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:52:49 PM

That's frightening.  Whenever I buy a computer that has windoze first thing I do is format the hard drive.

When you try to tell them there's a better way their eyes glaze over and they think you're trying to say you're "better than them".

Well, not necessarily.

But when people write stuff like, "People still use windows?" it definitely takes on an "I'm better than you" connotation.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:41:31 AM

They want to have non-Windows versions more than anyone in this thread, because more options means more players.

Unfortunately the launch conditions weren't ideal, and the choice was either Windows only for now or none at all.

It's not like they're just slacking and ignoring everyone.  They have a greater interest in it than any one player, and they will release them as soon as they can.

You can say that, but you don't accidentally develop your poker client so it only works on Windows. Choice of platform is one of the first things you decide upon, so it was clearly a conscious decision.

Windows seems like a particularly strange choice given that the site only accepts bitcoin, a currency which really needs you to be security conscious to avoid having your coins stolen. But yeah, I'm sure other clients will eventually become available, and until then we can run the Windows client in a virtual machine.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:45:47 AM

That's frightening.  Whenever I buy a computer that has windoze first thing I do is format the hard drive.

Well, not necessarily.

But when people write stuff like, "People still use windows?" it definitely takes on an "I'm better than you" connotation.

Well i am sure it is not meant to come across quite how you perceive it i mean, the security is wack and if you are going to get hacked and lose money then you are more than likely using windows yes there are more users but that is not the point the point is give yourself the best security.

Its like a tiny little padlock on a safe, are you still using that tiny padlock on that safe.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:06:39 AM

Well i am sure it is not meant to come across quite how you perceive it i mean, the security is wack and if you are going to get hacked and lose money then you are more than likely using windows yes there are more users but that is not the point the point is give yourself the best security.

Its like a tiny little padlock on a safe, are you still using that tiny padlock on that safe.

"Are you still having regular unprotected sex with that crack whore?"

I'm not saying I'm better than you, just that I think what you're doing isn't a good idea.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:09:14 AM

"Are you still having regular unprotected sex with that crack whore?"

I'm not saying I'm better than you, just that I think what you're doing isn't a good idea.

You tell me where she is she left here mate she is probably back at your place now, i know your not saying your better than me but she was saying i was better Angry

Point being windows is floored like your post.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Pinkish

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:10:18 AM

The "point" from a business stand point should be to make money. Why would you release anything specifically targeting some tiny demographic of the overall consumer base unless you have exhausted all other higher potential income streams and the projected profits will be less than the cost of production?

Windows is clearly the most widely used desktop operating system and therefore should be the top priority for a desktop client.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

As far as safety goes, the end user can secure a windows OS machine just as well as anything else. The tools and information are all out there. If someone has their computer hacked or bitcoin/information stolen, it is likely the fault of the user and not the operating system.

TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:25:14 AM

i have asked a few times when will they launch a mac version, but admin always ignored my posts.

He wrote this:

Then after all that we'll start on clients.  Android is likely going to be coming first.  Then Mac / Linux should come close together after that.

and this

when can we expect Mac client?

o/u 6 weeks
WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 01:55:14 AM

You can say that, but you don't accidentally develop your poker client so it only works on Windows. Choice of platform is one of the first things you decide upon, so it was clearly a conscious decision.

Windows seems like a particularly strange choice given that the site only accepts bitcoin, a currency which really needs you to be security conscious to avoid having your coins stolen. But yeah, I'm sure other clients will eventually become available, and until then we can run the Windows client in a virtual machine.

Seals didn't originally develop the client though... so that wasn't on them. 

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:18:24 AM

The "point" from a business stand point should be to make money. Why would you release anything specifically targeting some tiny demographic of the overall consumer base unless you have exhausted all other higher potential income streams and the projected profits will be less than the cost of production?

Well, you wouldn't. But why not develop your first client using an open platform like HTML5 such that it works on every operating system whether proprietary, free, desktop or mobile? Deliberately limiting your userbase to just those using Windows seems to me like leaving money on the table.

I'm not saying "develop only for my_niche_os instead of for Windows".
I am saying "develop for every platform, not just one of them".

Windows is clearly the most widely used desktop operating system and therefore should be the top priority for a desktop client.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

You'll probably find the stats are different for bitcoin users, but Windows may still be the most used. I'm not saying it isn't a popular choice. I'm saying it is a poor choice. Lots of people eat at McDonalds and smoke cigarettes but that doesn't make those great choices either.

As far as safety goes, the end user can secure a windows OS machine just as well as anything else.

That's not true. It's almost impossible to even know what a Windows machine is doing. Everything's closed source, delivered in binary form only. It takes an awful lot of work to reserve-engineer that stuff to find out what it's doing. And then Microsoft get to install new binaries on 'your' machine whenever they like via their update system. So you really have no idea what's going on. Good luck securing that!

The tools and information are all out there. If someone has their computer hacked or bitcoin/information stolen, it is likely the fault of the user and not the operating system.

It's always the user's fault in the end. The user decides which OS to run after all. It's not the cigarette's fault that I die of lung cancer; it's my fault for choosing to smoke it.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:23:21 AM

Well, you wouldn't. But why not develop your first client using an open platform like HTML5 such that it works on every operating system whether proprietary, free, desktop or mobile? Deliberately limiting your userbase to just those using Windows seems to me like leaving money on the table.

Because you're already working on pre-existing software (the Grid Poker software) that is Windows-based, and while in the middle of this, dudes with guns from the Nevada Gaming Commission suddenly raid you, you flee the country, and want to get the site back up in a matter of days rather than months?
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:25:50 AM

krillback & tablestarter shipped

tyvm ST7

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:50:56 AM

#this

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
wwwin

Activity: 447

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:04:39 AM

Just here to post my weekly crybaby gripe about the fact that apparently swc is windoze only Sad  Seriously, how many people actually still run windowz?

92% of desktops run windows, 7% Mac and linux a wopping 1.34%. LOL.
nomnomnom

Activity: 313

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 04:11:17 AM

In the 25 Chip freeroll was a weird thing, SoLucky got dealed cards between smallblind and button,
he was also first to act postflop, so was not a button display glitch or so:

Code:
Hand #267083: No Limit Holdem - 25/50
2015-03-11 03:14:29
Table '25 Chip NL Sorry For Downtime Freeroll' Seat 3 is the button
Seat 1: potato (1.560 in chips)
Seat 2: droneprobe (1.435 in chips)
Seat 3: mollok (4.480 in chips)
Seat 4: SoLucky (585 in chips)
Seat 5: Martyrdom (1.415 in chips)
Seat 6: nomorechips (1.815 in chips)
Seat 7: escoyaknow (3.115 in chips)
Seat 8: TripTop (1.500 in chips)
Seat 9: apolo888 (1.180 in chips)
Total Chips on Table: 17.085
Martyrdom: posts the small blind 25
nomorechips: posts the big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SoLucky: [X X]
Dealt to Martyrdom: [X X]
Dealt to nomorechips: [X X]
Dealt to escoyaknow: [X X]
Dealt to TripTop: [X X]
Dealt to apolo888: [X X]
Dealt to potato: [X X]
Dealt to droneprobe: [X X]
Dealt to mollok: [X X]
escoyaknow folds
TripTop folds
apolo888 calls 50
potato folds
droneprobe folds
mollok folds
SoLucky calls 50
Martyrdom folds
nomorechips checks
*** FLOP *** [8d 4c Th]
SoLucky checks
nomorechips bets 100
apolo888 calls 100
SoLucky calls 100
*** TURN *** [8d 4c Th] [Jh]
SoLucky checks
nomorechips checks
apolo888 checks
*** RIVER *** [8d 4c Th Jh] [Qd]
SoLucky checks
nomorechips checks
apolo888 checks
SoLucky wins pot (475)
*** SUMMARY ***
Seat 1: potato (1.560)
Seat 2: droneprobe (1.435)
Seat 3: mollok (4.480)
Seat 4: SoLucky (910) +325
Seat 5: Martyrdom (1.390) -25
Seat 6: nomorechips (1.665) -150
Seat 7: escoyaknow (3.115)
Seat 8: TripTop (1.500)
Seat 9: apolo888 (1.030) -150
Total Chips (Start / End) 17.085 / 17.085
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:48:57 AM

if you are on a mac, try parallels. i have it, and i highly recommend it.

if 4 of you want, i can be the 5th. and we can't group buy so it's cheaper.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: