Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:48:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291221 times)
badjacks99

Activity: 1050
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:39:25 PM

I still haven't been able to get on here and check it out. Any chance of a Mac client coming out soon?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:50:37 PM

Probably not the right place because the ofc scoring comes from elsewhere, but it seems bogus to me. I'll post here in case it's a bug, because I just don't get this.

this is probably because there was a shortstack in the hand, but here it goes.

Hand 1. Seat 3 gets kings up > 8s up > Aces to beat my flush > 66 > q high for 6 points, so I ship him 750

While he's in fantasy land I get 3s full > 777 > AA, which is better than his flush  > qq > 22 by 19 points, but he ships me back 685. Feel like I should at least get the money back from the hand before, and not getting fantasy land because the 3rd guy didn't have enough money to pay me (even though he didn't bust) sucks too.

Short stacks make every game horrible.  Don't short stack/don't play with short stacks and you won't have any problems.

It was a tournament, and it turns out I may have been the short stack (didn't realize how bad the 3rd guy got beat in the first hand) but I still don't get it. If I had enough chips to lose 750 to seat 3 in the first hand how can I not win 750 the next hand?
CryForMeSky

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:54:32 PM

Probably not the right place because the ofc scoring comes from elsewhere, but it seems bogus to me. I'll post here in case it's a bug, because I just don't get this.

Hand 1. Seat 3 gets kings up > 8s up > Aces to beat my flush > 66 > q high for 6 points, so I ship him 750

While he's in fantasy land I get 3s full > 777 > AA, which is better than his flush  > qq > 22 by 19 points, but he ships me back 685. Feel like I should at least get the money back from the hand before, and not getting fantasy land because the 3rd guy didn't have enough money to pay me (even though he didn't bust) sucks too.

Short stacks make every game horrible.  Don't short stack/don't play with short stacks and you won't have any problems.

It was a tournament, and it turns out I may have been the short stack (didn't realize how bad the 3rd guy got beat in the first hand) but I still don't get it. If I had enough chips to lose 750 to seat 3 in the first hand how can I not win 750 the next hand?

Because it's not the next hand, it's an extension of the same hand.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 12:07:17 AM

1)  OFC table stakes settling is confusing.  I'm sorry I haven't made the page explain it better. I was going to make videos but recently all of my quality electronics were seized, so I'll need to hire a man.

2)  "Action on money only once" means if you win 750 chips, then the amount in play for fantasyland is [yourstack] - 750.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 01:49:55 AM

deposits are lagging about 2.5 hrs right now.

we are looking into the issue

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 01:56:01 AM

It's exactly because there was a short stack in the hand. Each point in your stack only gets to play once per hand, and FL is considered to be an extension of the hand that triggered it, not a new hand. Either you or him started with 750+685 chips, and so once the 750 chips were played there were only 685 chips left to play for.

https://swcpoker.eu/chinese-poker-rules-gameplay-scoring/ explains it reasonably well:

All Chinese poker games, both cash and tournament, money is “settled once.” This means that if A starts the hand with 100 chips and wins or loses 60 chips vs. B, then A only has 40 chips to settle vs. C.  Let’s say now A wins or loses 10 chips from C.  A now has 30 chips to settle with D.  Let’s say D wins 120 chips from A, who now has only 30 chips left to settle.  D collects 30 chips from A and we continue with B settling with C.  If it’s relevant, B’s stack has already settled 60 chips with A.

[...]

Fantasyland is a bonus round, and for scoring purposes is considered part of the same hand. For example, if you start a hand with 50 chips and win 30 chips, qualifying for Fantasyland in the process, the most you can win in Fantasyland is 20 chips more. Fantasyland will not begin or continue when this maximum is reached.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:16:16 AM

Speaking of short stacks. On old seals had full buyin in only tables at plo up to 50 plo. Can something like that be done for ofc and can you add that as an option for people to be able to play at full buyin tables only?
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 02:18:09 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2015, 02:43:54 AM by wwwin

While he's in fantasy land I get 3s full > 777 > AA, which is better than his flush  > qq > 22 by 19 points, but he ships me back 685. Feel like I should at least get the money back from the hand before, and not getting fantasy land because the 3rd guy didn't have enough money to pay me (even though he didn't bust) sucks too.

Short stacks make every game horrible.  Don't short stack/don't play with short stacks and you won't have any problems.

What does losing 750 chips have to  do with. What matters is how many chips you had left after losing the 750 chips. I think that after losing all your chips your hands stops. But I could be wrong. This ofc scoring  is very confusing.
james777

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:45:10 AM

Anything going on with the affiliate page micon? ETA?
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:58:42 AM

deposits & withdraws down for likely a few more hours.

Site is normal otherwise, and all will catch up when it's back because, bitcoin.

111 Chip "Sorry" freeroll in the lobby

BitBOOM

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:27:14 AM

Please bring back the late night smooth and a few more for late night/early AM. I want to play some tourneys but only thing on the schedule for the next 11 hours is a 5 chip mini smooth Sad

Cheers

ZeroCloo

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 05:30:37 AM

I'm going to say what I said over and over at Grid: OFC tournaments should be headsup shootouts only. The table stakes rules are just too damn confusing otherwise, and there are some real issues with them and players potentially not getting any action at all on their hand in bubble situations.

As a thought experiment consider a final table, three players, all of whom have one point. The player on the button is basically guaranteed at least second place, because the first two will play their point against each other and his will never get action.
CryForMeSky

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:38:48 AM

I'm going to say what I said over and over at Grid: OFC tournaments should be headsup shootouts only. The table stakes rules are just too damn confusing otherwise, and there are some real issues with them and players potentially not getting any action at all on their hand in bubble situations.

As a thought experiment consider a final table, three players, all of whom have one point. The player on the button is basically guaranteed at least second place, because the first two will play their point against each other and his will never get action.

+1 to shootout OFC MTTs.  In addition to the problems you bring up, it's just waaaaay too easy for someone to stall 5+ minutes/hand on the bubble.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:58:13 AM

+1 to shootout OFC MTTs.  In addition to the problems you bring up, it's just waaaaay too easy for someone to stall 5+ minutes/hand on the bubble.

Hand-by-hand syncronisation for the bubble (and maybe a few places before it) would fix that wouldn't it?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
CryForMeSky

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:06:08 AM

Hand-by-hand syncronisation for the bubble (and maybe a few places before it) would fix that wouldn't it?

Yes, as long as the blind timer stops at the completion of the first hand finished per hand during hand-for-hand(which I don't think it would).  If not, it's almost worse since a shortstack could stall into two blind escalations per hand, shortening everyone elses stack to increase his ev.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 09:09:23 AM

Yes, as long as the blind timer stops at the completion of the first hand finished per hand during hand-for-hand(which I don't think it would).  If not, it's almost worse since a shortstack could stall into two blind escalations per hand, shortening everyone elses stack to increase his ev.

Good point. How does it work in a shootout? Each round restarts at blind level 1?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Micon (OP)
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 12:13:02 PM

1)  walleting system caught up about ~3-4 hours ago.  if anything isn't all good msg support@swcpoker.eu

2)  OFC/p tournaments are really fun IMO. They haven't been spread much, this is one of the most innovative features of SwC IMO.  A heads-up shootout version is a neat idea, and will be tried. When we did a 3-handed shootout, the time waiting for other tables to finish was annoying. It wouldn't be quite as bad for heads-up, but it won't feel right. I'll show you.

2a)  The 3-handed OFC settlement rules will be better explained.  The 1-chip thought experiment is fair because the button is random. A hypothesis regarding OFC MTTs could be that button draw for a new table becomes more important as you lower player chipstacks.  This way of settling OFC makes for the ability to play tables stakes OFC & bust players in tournaments.  It is fair in that all have to play under the same rules. I think over time, players will come to understand how OFC is settled and start to disect the myriad of player-facing considerations deep in OFCaments or low on chips at the cash tables.

SwCLoansAndStakes

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:03:48 PM

Looking to start staking some players on SwC as well as lend chips to players with interest.

If there is any interest here find my thread in the lending section  Cool
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:45:08 PM

Looking to start staking some players on SwC as well as lend chips to players with interest.

If there is any interest here find my thread in the lending section  Cool

ok great. have been Staked a lot on Pokernews. Maybe I will try it also here.
WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 10:07:44 PM

2)  OFC/p tournaments are really fun IMO. They haven't been spread much, this is one of the most innovative features of SwC IMO.  A heads-up shootout version is a neat idea, and will be tried. When we did a 3-handed shootout, the time waiting for other tables to finish was annoying. It wouldn't be quite as bad for heads-up, but it won't feel right. I'll show you.

The first OFC shootout that was tried was the longest tournament I've ever seen on Seals.  When we got to near 5 hours in with like 8 players left I just quit.

Not sure how a heads-up version would do, but I guess it can't hurt to test it out.  Since there isn't a standard yet for these tournaments it'll take some experimenting to see what works best.  At the same time players will have to adjust to the changes needed to make a tournament work.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: