Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:48:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291222 times)
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:10:46 PM

Hi, what about mac client ?  Smiley
Even if Micon leaves the team, I am guessing the rest of the teach team will still work on that. Anyways the priority for development should be more for the online client to cater to everyone.

Hopefully this is true (I can't imagine why it wouldn't be).  Also, hopefully the order is still Android client coming out next.  Smiley

Yes, from what I've seen the Android client is still due up next.

Glitch said last night that it is being worked on, although still in early stages.

Yaay!  My life is about to get back on track!  Smiley
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:12:18 PM

How is new SWC going?  Any glitches in the mix games?
SwC_Poker

Activity: 816
Merit: 140

Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 10:35:22 PM

Thanks to all that are participating in the Krill Leaderboard promotion. There have been questions if we are going to run this every week. As of today we are planning to continue this promotion indefinitely to make an ongoing reward to our top krill earners each week. We understand this has made the smaller stakes players feel a bit left out, and we are discussing internally a possible future promotion involving number of hands played.

The "SwC Twitch Army" continues to grow. We will soon have a page displaying frequent SwC Twitchers. If you are Twitching SwC, please email affiliates@swcpoker.eu and we will list you on our "SwC Twitch Army" page & send you a free hat if you would like.

If you have a bitcoin or poker network, anything from a frequent posting forums account to a review site to a high follower twitter account, consider the SwC Poker affiliate program: get paid weekly to your SwC Poker player account and help us grow. Affiliates@swcpoker.eu can get you sorted.

WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 10:39:05 PM

I notice session results aren't cluttering up Transactions anymore (though it would be nice to have somewhere to see them, I still don't entirely trust things to be bugfree) and auto highlight 2-factor on login finally works properly.

Ahh yeah, good catch.  That does make seeing actual transactions a lot easier.  I agree that it would be nice to also have a tab for session results though, so hopefully they are planning to add that.

Krill Leaderboard sounds like a great idea, might however be better to launch something like most hands played above a particular stake . Krillweeks will mostly be won by the high rollers as they earn more krill every hand. Some kind of promotion for the people playing lower stakes would be great as well.

Yeah, the Krill Leaderboard is great and provides an extra incentive and reward for putting in the volume to start and keep games running.

I also agree with you about adding something for people playing lower stakes.  I've posted various ideas for those earlier in the thread.

I do believe they are planning on adding some promos like that though.  The current Krill Leaderboard is just the first step so far.  More cool stuff coming.

Yaay!  My life is about to get back on track!  Smiley

Lol, I'm happy for you and the other Android Seals that will soon be able to play again.  And I do miss being able to jump in and play a few hands while out and sitting around bored. 

Plus having an app that lets people play OFC on their phones for real money should open up SwC to a whole new group of players.

nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:13:28 AM

Krill Leaderboard sounds like a great idea, might however be better to launch something like most hands played above a particular stake . Krillweeks will mostly be won by the high rollers as they earn more krill every hand. Some kind of promotion for the people playing lower stakes would be great as well.

Yeah, the Krill Leaderboard is great and provides an extra incentive and reward for putting in the volume to start and keep games running.

I also agree with you about adding something for people playing lower stakes.  I've posted various ideas for those earlier in the thread.

I do believe they are planning on adding some promos like that though.  The current Krill Leaderboard is just the first step so far.  More cool stuff coming.

One idea I liked from another site was counting hands that a particular player plays over a week, and then qualifying or giving him an entry into a tournament with a GTD prize pool maybe at the end of the week. But since this can be taken advantage of by playing many hands at 0.01/0.02, maybe you could set a limit of stakes like over 0.05/0.1 or something.
SwC_Poker

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 12:48:06 AM

If you have recently won an SwC hat, it is now in the mail. Thanks to all participating in the Krill Leaderboard promotion & watching the SwC Twitch Army.

HappyScamp

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 02:24:31 AM

The Krill thing sounds great~

Unfortunately, once again, everytime I go to load the client, it says it needs an update, but the update doesn't work.  It either loads it and then installs it and then nothing happens, or it loads it and nothing happens.

WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 03:08:03 AM

Unfortunately, once again, everytime I go to load the client, it says it needs an update, but the update doesn't work.  It either loads it and then installs it and then nothing happens, or it loads it and nothing happens.

Is that after downloading the latest update from a couple days ago?

SwC Poker has been upgraded. Please re-install from our download link:

http://swcpoker.eu/downloads/swcsetup.exe

We are actively fixing the updater to make a smoother SwC Poker upgrade process in the future. We expect some may have issues with this version. Please report them to us.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:26:52 AM

have you tried uninstalling and then downloading?
HappyScamp

Activity: 314

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:56:25 PM

I did that once, maybe a week or so ago?

I can try again, but this sure is getting old.

oser41eric

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:48:23 PM

Unfortunately, once again, everytime I go to load the client, it says it needs an update, but the update doesn't work.  It either loads it and then installs it and then nothing happens, or it loads it and nothing happens.

Yeh I have a week or so break and have to keep doing this when I return, it is kind of annoying but only takes a few minutes so not a major really is it lol Bookmark it to make it easier to find.
GambitBTC

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:16:53 PM

Is traffic down compared to the original, or am i mistaken?

WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 10:18:22 PM

Yeh I have a week or so break and have to keep doing this when I return, it is kind of annoying but only takes a few minutes so not a major really is it lol Bookmark it to make it easier to find.

SwC Poker has been upgraded. Please re-install from our download link:

http://swcpoker.eu/downloads/swcsetup.exe

We are actively fixing the updater to make a smoother SwC Poker upgrade process in the future. We expect some may have issues with this version. Please report them to us.

It is annoying sometimes, but like Oser said at least the setup file runs pretty quickly, so it's not too bad.  Only took maybe 5 seconds total to install for me.

And I believe that was actually one of the issues this new update is supposed to help fix... to make the auto-updater work better in the future.

25 Chip Freeroll in 20 minutes:

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:00:02 PM

Yes traffic is down because............

Currently there is only a windows downloadable client.  No browser, no android, no linux or mac.  Also this was their beta software so it has been trial by fire squashing bugs.  It's fairly usable now without too many issues.

Other platforms are being worked on and I believe the android is next to be released.  Maybe a month give or take.

GambitBTC

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:01:55 PM

Yes traffic is down because............

Currently there is only a windows downloadable client.  No browser, no android, no linux or mac.  Also this was their beta software so it has been trial by fire squashing bugs.  It's fairly usable now without too many issues.

Other platforms are being worked on and I believe the android is next to be released.  Maybe a month give or take.

Thanks for the answer Smiley
WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 12:17:02 AM

One idea I liked from another site was counting hands that a particular player plays over a week, and then qualifying or giving him an entry into a tournament with a GTD prize pool maybe at the end of the week. But since this can be taken advantage of by playing many hands at 0.01/0.02, maybe you could set a limit of stakes like over 0.05/0.1 or something.

Yeah, I think something like that might work.  There are a few different ways they can do it.

Similar to what you said, they've talked in the past about maybe adding weekly Krillrolls that require a certain amount of Krill earned that week to enter.  Then make the requirement something like 500... not too small, but still a goal that can reasonably be reached by most people if they put in the effort.

Another way would be to just expand the Krill Leaderboard down to more places... like 25 or 50.  That would mean the prizes at the bottom wouldn't be as large though.  Might look something like:

06 - 10 = 25 chips
11 - 20 = 15 chips
21 - 30 = 10 chips... etc

Instead of giving everyone at the bottom of the leaderboard a guaranteed small prize... you could give them an entry to win a larger prize.  The top 5 would still get guaranteed chips - and then everyone else would be entered in to a random drawing.

I like this method because it still gives players who finish at the bottom a chance to win a larger prize - and it also gives a chance to players that don't feel confident in their ability to win a tournament.  Ring game players and losing players would still be rewarded for their ring game play, not reliant on their ability to win a large freeroll tournament.

It would depend on the capabilities of the software... but the best way to do the random drawing would be to run a tournament where players are forced all-in every hand.  That way it's transparent and everyone knows the winners were chosen fairly.  And it allows people to sweat their chances.

To reward higher finishes on the leaderboard players should get bonus chips in their starting stack depending on where they placed.  

50th - 41st start with 10 chips
40th - 31st start with 20 chips... and so on.

The tournament would begin with antes large enough to put everyone all in.  Players with more chips would still have a better chance to survive because there would be side pots.

If you aren't able to manually set up a tournament with variable starting stacks, something else could be figured out.  But the basic idea is that you give the guy who finishes 50th on the leaderboard the chance at winning a larger prize... while still giving him an incentive to play more and move up on the board to 40th/30th/etc.

And for the people that DO want skill to be involved, there would still be the standard Krillrolls.

SwC_Poker

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 08:07:51 PM

Into the weekend, the race for the top 5 heats up: https://swcpoker.eu/krill-leaderboard/

Hats are now available for direct purchase from GetToKnowBitcoin:

http://gettoknowbitcoin.com/shop/hat/swc-poker-flexfit-hat/

WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 03:18:58 AM

Hats are now available for direct purchase from GetToKnowBitcoin:

http://gettoknowbitcoin.com/shop/hat/swc-poker-flexfit-hat/

The new hats do look really nice, especially in black.  Looking forward to seeing one of those at a WSOP TV table this year.

Do you guys have anything planned for the WSOP... someone to give out hats, patches, etc? 

25 Chip Freeroll starting in about 90 minutes:

Just noticed that these 25 Chip Freerolls have been going off every 3 hours during the day.  Perfect way to test out the new software if you haven't yet.

CryForMeSky

Activity: 210
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 03:40:55 AM

Do you guys have anything planned for the WSOP... someone to give out hats, patches, etc? 

Seeing as everyone who has ever been involved with the company has either sold/given up their stake or is currently wanted by the US government, I'm going to go ahead and guess that the current owners aren't going to go ahead and hop on a plane to start handing out tchotchkies smack dab in the middle of LegalPokerville.
WearsMyLiberty

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 07:42:21 PM

Seeing as everyone who has ever been involved with the company has either sold/given up their stake or is currently wanted by the US government, I'm going to go ahead and guess that the current owners aren't going to go ahead and hop on a plane to start handing out tchotchkies smack dab in the middle of LegalPokerville.

I wouldn't expect anyone from SwC to fly there personally just to hand out hats.  They wouldn't need to.  

But... they could have them sent to someone else - like a friend in Vegas or another SwC player that is going to be there for the Series to hand out.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: