Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:33:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106635 times)
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:04:59 AM

ZiftrCOIN is now officially live.

Download the Qt wallet at www.ziftrcoin.com and do some mining with your CPU while it's still possible.
is there any pool i can mine on?

you can mine using the wallet Cheesy works great

We have a pool ready to go but not turned on yet. It's for GPU miners only. At the moment we want to give people a chance to mine using just their wallets and CPU power (no pools). It's easy; Just click the mining tab in your wallet.

Once the network is at a point where we think the average user actually needs a pool (enough network hash rate), we'll open up the pool and release the source and compiled binaries of the GPU mining software, just like we did with the wallets.
i don't really think i will be able to mine a block with 45 k/hs that's why i ask for pool.  Undecided

LOL, I get around 8KH/s, but I get it on 11 VM's so it's 11x8= 88KH/s.

Anyways, it's really about luck, much like Bitcoin.
So if you can still mine with CPU, DO IT!!!!!!
i'm mining on my laptop it's heated up hope i get least one block  Grin

I ain't got none yet, but I have only been mining for about an hour or so....

Good luck to us both  Grin
ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:05:18 AM

Cool!

Block reward?
How many coins?

Our coin distribution is a bit unique compared to other coins. Instead of halving every so often, it starts off slow then constantly increases. The idea is that right now the coin isn't very useful, so keep supply low. As time goes on and we introduce merchants and ZiftrPay, distribution should go up to meet demand.

Our CEO explains it better than I ever could here:
http://blog.ziftr.com/video-ziftr-ceo-bob-wilkins-explains-ziftrcoins-approach-to-coin-distribution/

A shorter answer (TLDR) is, for the first month, block reward is about 4 ZRC, but this will go up over time. There will eventually be 10 billion coins, but that's over a long period of time.
th3.r00t

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:06:47 AM

Download the Qt wallet at www.ziftrcoin.com and do some mining with your CPU while it's still possible.

We have a pool ready to go but not turned on yet. It's for GPU miners only. At the moment we want to give people a chance to mine using just their wallets and CPU power (no pools). It's easy; Just click the mining tab in your wallet.

Once the network is at a point where we think the average user actually needs a pool (enough network hash rate), we'll open up the pool and release the source and compiled binaries of the GPU mining software, just like we did with the wallets.

Already mined my first block - 3.71719 ZRC  Wink

What are the ziftrcoin.conf settings?

Should we enable setusepok?
What are the benefits from that?

Is there a standalone CPU miner (waiting for GPU miner and Pool) which is optimised for different CPU's?
The wallet is OK, but we can get more hashes with optimised miners.

Since the wallet install (about 2 hours ago) the networ hashrate jumped from 10MH to 24 MH...

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:10:27 AM

Cool!

Block reward?
How many coins?

Our coin distribution is a bit unique compared to other coins. Instead of halving every so often, it starts off slow then constantly increases. The idea is that right now the coin isn't very useful, so keep supply low. As time goes on and we introduce merchants and ZiftrPay, distribution should go up to meet demand.

http://blog.ziftr.com/video-ziftr-ceo-bob-wilkins-explains-ziftrcoins-approach-to-coin-distribution/

A shorter answer (TLDR) is, for the first month, block reward is about 4 ZRC, but this will go up over time. There will eventually be 10 billion coins, but that's over a long period of time.

OK, got it.

Isn't it a bit low though considering that you give away 100ZRC to the first 1 million users?

I didn't get any coins btw and I signed up.
All I got was a confirmation email.....
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:13:25 AM

Oh wow this launched while I was asleep..

Working on a pool now.

Is there a CPU Miner for testing or just in-wallet yet ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:20:01 AM

For the fun of it we turned on the little Mac mini at the office, which powers our conference room. It gets a whopping 25kH/s, but it got lucky and got a block a few minutes ago.

Already mined my first block - 3.71719 ZRC  Wink

Is there a standalone CPU miner (waiting for GPU miner and Pool) which is optimised for different CPU's?

Since the wallet install (about 2 hours ago) the networ hashrate jumped from 10MH to 24 MH...

I was just typing up a reddit post about setusepok. You should definitely set that to true while mining with the wallet. That enables our optional mining feature Proof of Knowledge (or Kluck if you like Smiley ). What that does is prove to the network that you're "helping out" by having a direct connection to a full node, and as such your reward will be increased by 5%. It was primarily designed for the GPU mining phase so it was a mild oversight on our part to not default it to on in the Qt wallet (it's been a long day).

We don't have any plans for optimized CPU miners or CPU mining pools. The CPU phase is really just to get people interested and for fun. We don't expect it to last for more than a few days (though we aren't going to force anything). At the moment a rate of 50kH/s should get you an average of about 3 blocks every 24 hours, which seems ok.
entertainment

Activity: 422

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:20:28 AM

WHERE IS THE SOURCE CODE?

Why Zemana Antilogger said that ZiftrCoin Core Wallet is trying to capture my clipboard?

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:26:09 AM

WHERE IS THE SOURCE CODE?

Why Zemana Antilogger said that ZiftrCoin Core Wallet is trying to capture my clipboard?

github.. pretty easy

https://github.com/ZiftrCOIN

ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:29:02 AM

For anyone that wants a few extra coins while CPU mining.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2xjuny/hey_ziftrcoin_miners_get_5_more_coins/
minerjoen

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:32:22 AM

And i really like your plan, with all coins they release with pools etc, where people with money/rigs get all the coins, on this way its nice that everybody with just an CPU can get there coins.
Its a great idea!
Anyway, i got 2 wallets running (2 pc's ) where i read time between a block ( in short words ): 2 hours and ... minutes. Do i get my coins when that block is over? Because the time only get more instead of less:D while my speed is avarage at 280Khs on this pc.

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:33:26 AM

I honestly have no idea. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say it's because the wallet has the capability to copy/paste addresses via UI buttons, but that's just a guess. I'll make sure and let the right people know about this though, so we can fix it in a future release (if possible).
ZWGuy

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:40:10 AM

And i really like your plan, with all coins they release with pools etc, where people with money/rigs get all the coins, on this way its nice that everybody with just an CPU can get there coins.
Its a great idea!
Anyway, i got 2 wallets running (2 pc's ) where i read time between a block ( in short words ): 2 hours and ... minutes. Do i get my coins when that block is over? Because the time only get more instead of less:D while my speed is avarage at 280Khs on this pc.

Thanks for the support.

The field "Average spacing between your blocks" is the average amount of time based on difficulty and your hash rate that you would have to mine to get a block. It's not a countdown or timer, only an average to sort of give you a rough idea of how frequently you should solve a block.

So, in your case (assuming network difficulty stays the same), you can expect to solve a block about once every 2 hours.
th3.r00t

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:54:08 AM

For the fun of it we turned on the little Mac mini at the office, which powers our conference room. It gets a whopping 25kH/s, but it got lucky and got a block a few minutes ago.

Already mined my first block - 3.71719 ZRC  Wink

I was just typing up a reddit post about setusepok. You should definitely set that to true while mining with the wallet. That enables our optional mining feature Proof of Knowledge (or Kluck if you like Smiley ). What that does is prove to the network that you're "helping out" by having a direct connection to a full node, and as such your reward will be increased by 5%. It was primarily designed for the GPU mining phase so it was a mild oversight on our part to not default it to on in the Qt wallet (it's been a long day).

We don't have any plans for optimized CPU miners or CPU mining pools. The CPU phase is really just to get people interested and for fun. We don't expect it to last for more than a few days (though we aren't going to force anything). At the moment a rate of 50kH/s should get you an average of about 3 blocks every 24 hours, which seems ok.

OK, thanks.
How about ziftrcoin.conf settings?

Maybe setusepok can be autoset via .conf?

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
th3.r00t

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:09:02 AM

Figured that out by myself - ziftrcoin.conf settings:

Code:
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
usepok=1
gen=1
rpcuser=******************************
rpcpassword=******************************
rpcport=10332
port=10333
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

It enables CPU mining and usepok at wallet start.
Works in Win 7 x64 and Ubuntu 14.04 x64!

ZiftrCOIN Tips apreciated:
ZPeYZWgxsTp7orCQjr6AqgeDZBuhPztmeS

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
iju76

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:15:25 AM

Hm... no pool  Huh Shocked Roll Eyes
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:19:11 AM

Hm... no pool  Huh Shocked Roll Eyes

I'm on it .. There are just no miners other than the  wallet yet :-)

minerjoen

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:47:46 AM

question:

When i use the console and enter: setgenerate true -1 he start mining, but i can still press the button: start mining.
Does my wallet mine while only using the console commands? Or should i press: setgenerate false, and just use the START MINING button? if it makes no different i asked nothing Cheesy

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:50:52 AM

Those sell orders on cryptsy.. ROFL..... yeah right...

minerjoen

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:01:08 PM

Those sell orders on cryptsy.. ROFL..... yeah right...

ofc, its worth it. Cheesy

S4VV4S

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 12:07:17 PM

Cool!

Block reward?
How many coins?

OK, got it.

Isn't it a bit low though considering that you give away 100ZRC to the first 1 million users?

I didn't get any coins btw and I signed up.
All I got was a confirmation email.....

I hate to quote myself but......   Huh
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: