Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106635 times)
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:34:36 PM

basically this coin good feature and good design , any some part people behind this .. but any some problem make this coin have low value on market , i dont know what happeded .. but dev you should hard work for find this

The developers aren't here to make sure you earn a profit. Anyone investing money into Ziftrcoin should be doing it because they believe in the ecosystem that Ziftr is building, which is a LOT more than just yet another crypto-currency. The fact is, Ziftrcoin is not very well-known yet and it may not be, until people are receiving it as an incentive for shopping with Ziftrpay merchants. Until that happens, all the price action on the markets will be due to speculators.

The positive is that Ziftrcoin has appeared to move COMPLETELY independently of the rest of the market, so far. It hasn't been tied to Bitcoin's price movements or anything else. That's a huge plus.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
real789

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:18:29 AM

basically this coin good feature and good design , any some part people behind this .. but any some problem make this coin have low value on market , i dont know what happeded .. but dev you should hard work for find this

what coin can do If dev not support in buy wall or update in comunity ? I can't deny this coin is good looking and good roadmap but without comunity he can't do anything, he must promo this coin like share dividen or bagholder shares or some like that to keep coin stay in wallet with profit

===Sempak===
tprmaddog

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 07:27:40 PM

basically this [Suspicious link removed]d feature and good design , any some part people behind this .. but any some problem make this coin have low value on market , i dont know what happeded .. but dev you should hard work for find this

The developers aren't here to make sure you earn a profit. Anyone investing money into Ziftrcoin should be doing it because they believe in the ecosystem that Ziftr is building, which is a LOT more than just yet another crypto-currency. The fact is, Ziftrcoin is not very well-known yet and it may not be, until people are receiving it as an incentive for shopping with Ziftrpay merchants. Until that happens, all the price action on the markets will be due to speculators.

The positive is that Ziftrcoin has appeared to move COMPLETELY independently of the rest of the market, so far. It hasn't been tied to Bitcoin's price movements or anything else. That's a huge plus.

I love this coin.  They just merged with the payment processor "GoCoin".  You are able to buy movie tickets with btc through them. There has been a 230 some % jump in hits on Google. The first movie you can pay with btc is called "Dope".  Watch the coin price rise! Go ZRC!
FreeJack2k

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:43:38 PM

what coin can do If dev not support in buy wall or update in comunity ? I can't deny this coin is good looking and good roadmap but without comunity he can't do anything, he must promo this coin like share dividen or bagholder shares or some like that to keep coin stay in wallet with profit

If you want gimmicks, or proof of stake, you want a different crypto than Ziftrcoin.

Giving Ziftrcoin away as an incentive and encouraging its use as a "digital coupon" is all the promotion it will need. This idea that it needs "community" (lots of users here and on Reddit) to succeed is wrong. It needs users (actual users, not hoarders), and they have a good plan for achieving that.
DragoStefan

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:37:48 PM

If you want gimmicks, or proof of stake, you want a different crypto than Ziftrcoin.

Giving Ziftrcoin away as an incentive and encouraging its use as a "digital coupon" is all the promotion it will need. This idea that it needs "community" (lots of users here and on Reddit) to succeed is wrong. It needs users (actual users, not hoarders), and they have a good plan for achieving that.
Viralcoin is a nice way to promote this coin.
cjambox

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:45:37 PM

can someone make this miner https://github.com/ZiftrCOIN/ccminer compute capability 2.1 capable ? support is ended by the dev as you see Sad
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:50:32 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 08:14:00 AM by myagui

@cjambox:

Compute 2.1 is very old by any standards, and in fact, the likely performance would be so poor, that if it ever worked, it would hash slower that your average modern CPU. I very much doubt that you'll get anyone to support this request, but anyhow, best of luck...

DragoStefan

Activity: 230

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:07:06 PM

Good day!
I have read this: https://www.ziftrcoin.com/what-is-ziftrcoin/coin-specifications/ and found this "To be given away to users via promotions
100 coins to first 1 million users" I belive that I am in the first 1 milion user how can I redeem the 100 ziftrcoins?
Thanks!
mikeymillie

Activity: 370

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 12:53:24 AM

Sigh.  I bought a bunch of these ZRC a couple months ago with only very casual research, which was of course a mistake.  The general ecosystem ideas for a new spin on coupon and loyalty incentives outlined in the roadmap looked unique enough to have potential but I didn't look much deeper than that, and I noticed the coin has had almost no reaction to the various pumps and rallies that Bitcoin, Litecoin and most other alts experienced, which also seemed interesting to me as well.   

I thought it was worth a shot, but at this point I am starting to realize that all I did was I give free money to whoever has the uber secret kickass GPU miner farm that keeps relentlessly dumping these things on the markets. Been doing this stuff for years but still trip myself up in the altcoin shuck and jive game now and again.

Since I'm buried at this point I thought I might as well try to use ZRC for its stated purposes as a loyalty points incentive token. 

Does anyone know where to start with this?  I have about 3,000 ZRC, it's not worth much (not anymore at least) but should be enough to run through a test case or two in an online store that is set up to work with ZiftrCoin. 

Anyone here had luck trying this yet?  What are some good places or services you've used that I can try out actually using ZRC?
FreeJack2k

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 01:47:08 AM

Ziftrcoin won't be useful at retail until Ziftrpay and the merchants that use it are in full operation, which hasn't happened yet. Ziftr is in the midst of completing a merger with GoCoin, in which the two will merge their technologies into a new, potentially leading payment processor in the crypto space. Part of that ecosystem is the use of Ziftrcoin as a coupon/incentive, a way for merchants to give back a loyalty bonus to customers, etc... But it's all still in the works, nothing has launched yet. Ziftrcoin is just getting established with a network to run it and exchange trade. It's going to take time, especially something on the scale of the "Ziftrverse" they have planned.

One would think that Ziftr itself would start accepting it first, but that hasn't happened as of yet. Company representatives continue to say they still see Ziftrcoin as a core component of what they're planning on doing with Ziftrpay though, so I think it's just a matter of time. This one was never going to be a quick pump and dump and I think it's fortunate that nobody has actually chosen to do that to it, to this point. Could sour people on the coin before the whole ecosystem is even close to being ready.
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 02:01:46 AM

These seem to be active:

http://www.ziftr.com/shop/

http://www.ziftr.com/all/automotive/   etc....
mikeymillie

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:37:05 AM

Ziftrcoin won't be useful at retail until Ziftrpay and the merchants that use it are in full operation, which hasn't happened yet. Ziftr is in the midst of completing a merger with GoCoin, in which the two will merge their technologies into a new, potentially leading payment processor in the crypto space. Part of that ecosystem is the use of Ziftrcoin as a coupon/incentive, a way for merchants to give back a loyalty bonus to customers, etc... But it's all still in the works, nothing has launched yet. Ziftrcoin is just getting established with a network to run it and exchange trade. It's going to take time, especially something on the scale of the "Ziftrverse" they have planned.

One would think that Ziftr itself would start accepting it first, but that hasn't happened as of yet. Company representatives continue to say they still see Ziftrcoin as a core component of what they're planning on doing with Ziftrpay though, so I think it's just a matter of time. This one was never going to be a quick pump and dump and I think it's fortunate that nobody has actually chosen to do that to it, to this point. Could sour people on the coin before the whole ecosystem is even close to being ready.

Yes I just took a trip to the sites indicated by RoomBot above and there's a bunch of things to buy on them (though it seems to be a passthrough to Amazon, but with discounts), as well as a rewards points program, but no apparent way to involve ZRC ZiftrCoin in any of this.  They hardly even mention it exists, though I saw the press release (with the link that is broken now)  about ti GoCoin / Ziftr merger.  I never heard much about GoCoin  prior to that press release though.  So many places all doing the digital wallet thing all at once now,  market is getting crowded quick.    Hope Ziftr can gain some of that mindshare before the market makes up its mind on who the winner and who the runner up are,  because there's not much room for anything after 2nd place in these battles. 
FreeJack2k

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 05:31:41 AM

GoCoin has been making some solid inroads, they've got a pretty large number of merchants already signed up and using their payment processing services. Ziftr brings credit card processing to that mix, as well as security tech for transaction processing and the Ziftrcoin rewards/coupon concept. It adds value to GoCoin and gives them a competitive edge. I think pretty much everyone who has sunk some money into Ziftrcoin is just going to have to wait until all of those merchants are participating, the rewards/coupon thing is in play and we see how demand is affected. One would assume that when people "get it" on Ziftrcoin and see that they can get $1 of value from each coin (even if it's only up to 5% of the purchase) they might decide buying some on the exchanges at well below $1 is another way to save a little more money on their purchases. That should increase the value on the exchanges. What happens if and when it gets close to $1, we'll have to wait and see. Even so, if you're buying now with the intention of holding and seeing how it all plays out, you're looking at major gains if the concept gains traction. My suggestion is, just sit on it for a year or so and see where it goes.
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:08:51 AM

Well I dont know about making inroads,I just noticed I have 1200 GoCoin and there worth 30 sats,to be honest its really just two crap coins merging to make one bigger crap coin.All these coins that release millions up front are just rip offs,the next one is Neucoin wait and see 98% pre mine and sold out in hours

myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 11:05:48 AM

Sigh.  I bought a bunch of these ZRC a couple months ago with only very casual research, which was of course a mistake.  The general ecosystem ideas for a new spin on coupon and loyalty incentives outlined in the roadmap looked unique enough to have potential but I didn't look much deeper than that, and I noticed the coin has had almost no reaction to the various pumps and rallies that Bitcoin, Litecoin and most other alts experienced, which also seemed interesting to me as well.   

I thought it was worth a shot, but at this point I am starting to realize that all I did was I give free money to whoever has the uber secret kickass GPU miner farm that keeps relentlessly dumping these things on the markets. Been doing this stuff for years but still trip myself up in the altcoin shuck and jive game now and again.

Since I'm buried at this point I thought I might as well try to use ZRC for its stated purposes as a loyalty points incentive token

Does anyone know where to start with this?  I have about 3,000 ZRC, it's not worth much (not anymore at least) but should be enough to run through a test case or two in an online store that is set up to work with ZiftrCoin. 

Anyone here had luck trying this yet?  What are some good places or services you've used that I can try out actually using ZRC?

Highlighted in bold the 2 key points.
It does not look like there is any "uber secret kickass GPU miner farm" out there. The nethash has been rock solid, always in the proximity of 1GH/s (+/- 20% at times, but usually even less variance). There's a neat bot on the IRC channel that lists all the pools and their hashrates, and adding them all up, you get a result that is always pretty much the same as the total nethash.
I do suspect (or know?) that there's a couple of miner software developers, each with their own improved versions, which most likely stand for - at most - a couple hundred coins being dumped every day. In any case, I don't see that any single participant is large enough to explain the market behavior.

Your second point is the key factor, in my view. The use case for ZRC is very well presented and I really like the concept, but, this use case is not realized yet. It is strictly not possible - yet - to use ZRC for its very core purpose.
I do hope that the Ziftr team gets there, and so far, I don't really have any reason to expect otherwise (apart perhaps from the altcoin history books  Tongue).

I've just made a reddit post moments ago with a giveaway suggestion, that could perhaps help drive this point forward, at least in baby steps, while we wait for something of greater substance. Would very much welcome any feedback there:  Smiley
Ziftrcoin Giveaway suggestion

Cheers!

ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 05:52:15 PM

Well I dont know about making inroads,I just noticed I have 1200 GoCoin and there worth 30 sats,to be honest its really just two crap coins merging to make one bigger crap coin.All these coins that release millions up front are just rip offs,the next one is Neucoin wait and see 98% pre mine and sold out in hours

GoCoin, ironically, isn't a coin (nor do they have one yet). It's a Bitcoin (and Litecoin and Dogecoin) payment gateway. They're the third largest, behind BitPay and Coinbase, and provide crypto payment processing for quite a number of merchants. The most recent and newsworthy being movietickets.com.

At this point there are probably as many alt coins as there are words in the english language, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there's a similarly named coin. However, this is two companies that are merging (one of which happens to have a coin).
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 07:27:18 PM

What have they used the $878,695 they raised in their pre-sale for?

http://www.prweb.com/releases/ziftrCOIN/022015/prweb12484576.htm
FreeJack2k

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:15:14 PM

This post, by itself, highlights how little research you've actually done into this company, its planned ecosystem and Ziftrcoin itself.

One could probably safely assume that they've been using it to continue to pay personnel and other related costs for developing their payment platform, API, maintaining and updating the coin/wallet codebases, etc... Plus, they'll need money for marketing and promotions, as well. This was a big "add on" to what their company was doing previously, when it was just "Ziftr" and wasn't doing any of this new stuff. Ziftrcoin was almost a way of crowdfunding the expansion plans and essentially made all of us stakeholders.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 08:41:52 PM

This post, by itself, highlights how little research you've actually done into this company, its planned ecosystem and Ziftrcoin itself.

One could probably safely assume that they've been using it to continue to pay personnel and other related costs for developing their payment platform, API, maintaining and updating the coin/wallet codebases, etc... Plus, they'll need money for marketing and promotions, as well. This was a big "add on" to what their company was doing previously, when it was just "Ziftr" and wasn't doing any of this new stuff. Ziftrcoin was almost a way of crowdfunding the expansion plans and essentially made all of us stakeholders.

How so?  I've done plenty of research.  I don't really care about all these future plans and announcements.  More concerned about actual results.  It's been six months and basically nothing.  I remember when this coin was launched.  What has been accomplished since then?  The marketcap is currently less than 25% of the $878,695 raised in the pre-sale.  And more coins are being mined and dumped everyday.  Anyone that made an investment during the pre-sale would have suffered a 75% loss in under six months.  Where did the money go to besides paying themselves and buying stuff? 
mikeymillie

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:41:58 PM

I like how the rapid slide in price over the past 48 hours abruptly came to a halt (temporarily I assume) as soon as this topic was addressed.   Still feels like we're on track for 4000 or below in the next few weeks though.  I am glad I didn't partake in the presale,  I totally forgot about that!  Ouch.  I guess my minor 30% loss is not much to complain about really.   Going to hang on to my crumbs anyway, in case Ziftr / GoCoin somehow figure out how to deliver on their original plan.  

Nothing looks like PayCoin until it suddenly does.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: