Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106635 times)
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 11:59:56 PM

you blind? cant you see the post right above you?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:28:32 PM

Crossposting from IRC for anyone interested:
Inside Bitcoins San Diego Keynote

Cheers!

tittiecoiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:56:44 AM

New exchange:

Ziftr is now listed on https://safecex.com/
https://safecex.com/market?q=ZRC/BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1325370 ANN thread of SafeCex

cointrader5

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:42:57 PM

https://bleutrade.com/exchange/ZRC/BTC
Currently requires about 0.2 BTC to buy up order books on Bleutrade to about 1450 sat and barely anything to buy out safecex.
Anyone want to help on raising prices to pre cryptsy crash levels and then trying to keep them there?
If we want our coin to ever have a chance at the promised value as a community we can start here.
realcryptodisciple

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:49:39 PM

coin will never have value.  It dead.
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:43:04 PM

Currently requires about 0.2 BTC to buy up order books on Bleutrade to about 1450 sat and barely anything to buy out safecex.
Anyone want to help on raising prices to pre cryptsy crash levels and then trying to keep them there?
If we want our coin to ever have a chance at the promised value as a community we can start here.

I think as soon as GoCoin announces their intentions for the coin, along with the rebrand or whatever they plan to do with it, we may see some naturally-occurring activity on the exchanges that are available. I don't want to see this coin devolve into a pump and dump. Let's just be patient.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:07:39 PM

I think as soon as GoCoin announces their intentions for the coin, along with the rebrand or whatever they plan to do with it, we may see some naturally-occurring activity on the exchanges that are available. I don't want to see this coin devolve into a pump and dump. Let's just be patient.

Personally, I don't give a rats ass about the current exchange rate, as it is entirely driven on speculation for the time being. Once a real use case materializes (which has been the stated plan from day 1), then I'll hope to see some meaningful demand, backed by folks actually using Ziftrcoin for purchase discounts, exclusive promotions, etc.

I'm somewhat frustrated at how long things are taking, but given the merger with GoCoin, it does seem reasonable, and ultimately, I firmly believe that the upside potential is worth the wait. What I did not count on, was that I'd amass way too much ZRC for my prospective spending (assuming using ZRC for 10% of the total purchase value). Oh well, 1st world problems...

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:20:19 PM

The GoCoin news is interesting but no fanfare here.

Many of these projects start off with great intentions (hype?) and wither away. Have the developers moved on, lost interest, or what?

You would think they would post here regularly to keep people interested.  They were perky when Ziftr started trading.

Always a bad sign when things go silent.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:27:06 PM

I agree that the frequency of their updates is not great. In fact, that was the one thing that I complained about right here, sometime back. This is not a new thing though, I don't think they ever were much active in Bitcointalk. But remember that they do have many other communication channels (conferences, reddit, twitter, facebook, press releases), all moving about, though again, slowly.

I very much doubt that interest is lost, just considering the weight of GoCoin in the overall business of merchant adoption of crypto currencies. In any case, it would be great to get some update from the Ziftrcoin/GoCoin team, where things are, what's been accomplished recently, what are the challenges ahead...

Poly Coins

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 12:59:15 PM

Extremely active and engaged when they were raising almost 1 mill a year ago  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZUr00dWAAAXalz.jpg
Since then, NOTHING other than promises and corporate self aggrandizing chat.
Again, the previous group developing ZRC and the subsequent owner of the product - GoCoin, treat this community and investors with total disrespect for time and money invested in it, without even providing a clear roadmap for its future.
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 04:39:05 PM

*We are pre-mining 4.5% of the total ziftrCOINs, 66.7% of which we will give away to consumers. In doing this, we hope that more consumers start to become familiar with cryptocurrency.

Any sleuths here know the state of the giveaway coins?

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
January 25, 2016, 10:38:35 PM

Devs checked in here a while ago.

Unlike the hypecoins & shitcoins we're used to, ZRC refuses to pre-announce its announcements about launching stuff before it's even conceived, much less, hatched.

Yes, I was talking about YOUR SCAM, Garza Boyz, XPY Paycoin, what a joke.

ZRC is NOT moving in a hurry, so hold onto your bags & do something else for a few months....
deadpoolx

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:13:56 AM

*We are pre-mining 4.5% of the total ziftrCOINs, 66.7% of which we will give away to consumers. In doing this, we hope that more consumers start to become familiar with cryptocurrency.

Any sleuths here know the state of the giveaway coins?

Man, I really want to know about it
deadpoolx

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:23:16 AM

Extremely active and engaged when they were raising almost 1 mill a year ago 
Since then, NOTHING other than promises and corporate self aggrandizing chat.
Again, the previous group developing ZRC and the subsequent owner of the product - GoCoin, treat this community and investors with total disrespect for time and money invested in it, without even providing a clear roadmap for its future.

As said, this lack of communication is a disrespect with those who have invested.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 12:40:51 AM

Not at all.  Devs came here, they said they were busy & they said they would be back when they had news.

Ignore the hateful posters here....they have no patience.
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:36:04 AM

Not at all.  Devs came here, they said they were busy & they said they would be back when they had news.

Ignore the hateful posters here....they have no patience.

I don't see the hate but I do see concern. You've been around here long enough to know how many of these projects never go anywhere after an ICO. These guys pulled in over 800 grand and whatever they dumped when it traded. The OP hasn't posted here since June. Of course, people will be suspicious.
I'm still mining this coin btw.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/ziftrCOIN/022015/prweb12484576.htm

Poly Coins

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 01:29:32 PM

You could learn a thing or two from projects like OpenBazaar, which also raised around 1 mill $ a year ago , but have been continuously communicating, receiving feedback, engaging the community, and defining a clear roadmap. to the point where they already have a great product to ship. No, we don't have to accept the mediocre communication of Ziftrcoin and their fan boys.
ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 03:52:35 PM

I'll try to answer a few things.

I know the communication hasn't been great. I complain about that myself. When things are announced, we prefer it to be substantial and real, so no announcements of upcoming announcements and no announcements of things we're thinking about maybe doing. It also should be noted that bitcointalk forums aren't really a primary communication source for the company. You're much more likely to get info from the subreddit or twiiter accounts, or any of the methods listed on our websites.

What we're working on at the moment is merging the shopping checkout/payment tech so that there is one solution for customers to use with the best features of both.

The giveaway coins, to my knowledge, are in cold storage (as in paper wallets in a safe), except for a small chunk of them which are used for promotions and giveaways (for example we did a thing with crypto art where there are ziftrcoins behind the paintings). They're still going to be given away eventually. Everything is just delayed by a few months due to the merger. I've heard that merchants want to be part of/involved in the giveaway process. For hypothetical example giving them away to attendees at a movie launch/premier/opening night. So I'm assuming we'll be moving some to them in the future. I also believe we're still planning on giveaways of our own.

For the record, we've never sold (or bought aka pumped) any coins on any exchange. The 800k number that gets thrown around was total media overhype. The total sold counter was based on an average. The value of Bitcoins at the end of the sale was less than half what it was at the beginning.
deadpoolx

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 08:46:19 PM

I'll try to answer a few things.

I know the communication hasn't been great. I complain about that myself. When things are announced, we prefer it to be substantial and real, so no announcements of upcoming announcements and no announcements of things we're thinking about maybe doing. It also should be noted that bitcointalk forums aren't really a primary communication source for the company. You're much more likely to get info from the subreddit or twiiter accounts, or any of the methods listed on our websites.

What we're working on at the moment is merging the shopping checkout/payment tech so that there is one solution for customers to use with the best features of both.

The giveaway coins, to my knowledge, are in cold storage (as in paper wallets in a safe), except for a small chunk of them which are used for promotions and giveaways (for example we did a thing with crypto art where there are ziftrcoins behind the paintings). They're still going to be given away eventually. Everything is just delayed by a few months due to the merger. I've heard that merchants want to be part of/involved in the giveaway process. For hypothetical example giving them away to attendees at a movie launch/premier/opening night. So I'm assuming we'll be moving some to them in the future. I also believe we're still planning on giveaways of our own.

For the record, we've never sold (or bought aka pumped) any coins on any exchange. The 800k number that gets thrown around was total media overhype. The total sold counter was based on an average. The value of Bitcoins at the end of the sale was less than half what it was at the beginning.

That explains some things. The history of the media overhype is irritating... If this information had been brought before it could avoid the mess. Anyway, I wish the best for the project
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:39:59 AM

I too wish the best for the project & thanks again @ZWGuy!!
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: