Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:47:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release  (Read 106635 times)
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:58:45 AM

Their lofty goal was to "onboard 1 million new crypto users, " if I remember correctly.

I suppose they could defer handing out the bonus coins until they reach that goal, but I doubt it.

Besides, no one will be impressed with 100 free coins worth 1 or 2 cents.

The people they are giving the coins away to are not intended to be "crypto investors" who will judge the value of 100 ZRC based on its exchange value. They have said that when Ziftrcoin is redeemed at checkout, it is redeemed at a value of $1 per ZRC for up to 5% of the purchase total, like a coupon. So to those people who receive 100 Ziftrcoin, it's basically the equivalent of $100 in limited-use coupons for use at any shop that uses the GoCoin/Ziftr payment processing platform. That is how you get new people to try out crypto...give it to them and give them a way to use it. The fact that Ziftr brings credit card payments to the GoCoin platform means that people paying with a credit card and NOT crypto can be given free Ziftrcoin to use, thereby turning them into a crypto user, getting them to try it. That's how you get people comfortable with using crypto.

Then, when people realize that it's a pretty good deal to spend a fraction of a dollar for each ZRC in order to redeem them for $1 at purchase, they may buy a handful to use as coupons, at first...so you're buying a $1 coupon for a fraction of a dollar, basically. This will cause the price to gradually rise on the exchanges, as more and more people realize they can do this. The more people who have ZRC in their wallets and see the price rising on exchanges, there may then be a move toward thinking of it more as an investment...and because Ziftr has said that if the coin is trading for $1 or above on the exchanges, you will be able to use an unlimited amount of it for purchases (no 5% restriction), it now looks really good for the people who bought it very cheap and can now buy things with it at market value, etc...

It's a unique plan in crypto and Ziftr/GoCoin are uniquely positioned to execute on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoomBot
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:30:02 AM

Excellent points!

I support them;  it's just fun to debate the fine points.

They should hit very close to $1 in free market value once enough people catch on to your best points -- that they can use a cc to get in & can use like a $1 coupon.

The only downside is that being able to use ZifterCOIN towards only 5% of purchase is a very severe limit....

I'd bet raising the limit to 10% would give them a boost.

Maybe they'll do that on BTC Black Friday.

The Good news:  everyone is HODLING  lol    Grin
myagui
Legendary

Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:18:35 PM

@ Ziftr team:

I've been missing a proper block explorer. Seeing as the original one looks to be down (and was rather limited in functionality), please consider reaching out to a more comprehensive explorer service.

One that I really like and has some very interesting statistics, is BlockTree. I have no affiliation with this explorer, just ran across it through a previous altcoin experience. IIRC, the hoster/owner is bitcointalk member Ethought.

There are most definitely a bunch of other good providers out there.
It just feels to me that such a critical service should not be neglected.

Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 06:53:07 AM

I have seen ziftrcoin when it was starting, and all that email giveaway that never happened still receiving couples of updates from my email but the promise coin are is no where to be found ahahaha.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:38:53 AM

@Sarahiko, the giveaway coins are to be distributed somewhere late 2015, if I recall correctly.
The Ziftr website has details on that, but the short of it is, there is no point in sending out free coins before the merchant network fully established.

There's enough vaporware altcoins around for the trading aficionados to play with. Ziftrcoin will have a real purpose, in that they will work much like a discount coupon, but this is only possible if there is meaningful merchant adoption (which I understand is what they are working on).

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 03:31:47 PM

I am surprised that there are still people who believe in the puppets coins.
Just look at it is that

to understand what kind of giant premine is in question here.

Looking at ZiftrCOIN could give just one piece of advice - better 0.3 cents today than 0.01 tomorrow  Wink
Invest only in the good coins that do not have premine.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
FreeJack2k

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 05:02:10 AM

Just look at it is that

Looking at ZiftrCOIN could give just one piece of advice - better 0.3 cents today than 0.01 tomorrow  Wink

The premine has always been a known quantity. Ziftr announced it and explained it well before they launched...the whole point of this coin is for merchants and Ziftr/GoCoin to give it away as an incentive, like a customer loyalty bonus, and get people using crypto-currency. Their strategy is unique among all cryptos. Auroracoin tried to do a giveaway concept and failed, because it relied on an infrastructure that didn't exist and would never exist. Ziftr (and GoCoin) are also building the infrastructure that will support Ziftrcoin at the merchant level. So people will have places to spend it and REASONS to spend it.

Take the risk you have the stomach for, as always...but Ziftr hasn't attempted to obscure or "hide" anything about their intentions with regard to the premine.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
November 11, 2015, 02:10:20 PM

Just look at it is that

Looking at ZiftrCOIN could give just one piece of advice - better 0.3 cents today than 0.01 tomorrow  Wink

Their strategy is unique among all cryptos.

Take the risk you have the stomach for, as always...but Ziftr hasn't attempted to obscure or "hide" anything about their intentions with regard to the premine.

Their strategy really is unique  Cheesy - prepay cryptsy for bribe to add to bid against the dollar, to raise the advertising noise and sell your premine coins for the hamsters.
The only pity is that these people even more profane world of crypto currency such actions.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
FreeJack2k

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:28:23 AM

It would help if I could make heads or tails of what your accusation here actually is...but since Ziftr has already advertised the premine details, including the fact that any employee incentive coin is locked into a timed release, I'm not sure what the problem is. If you're accusing them of selling premined coins, I think you'd better back that up with some evidence. Because frankly, the order books even on Cryptsy for Ziftrcoin are REALLY thin. One Bitcoin can cause a 100% price gain.
myagui
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:06:09 PM

My one complaint is that the Ziftrcoin team has been generally too quiet. Would be nice if they'd speak up to the community every now and then, even if just to let us know how things are going.  Roll Eyes

realcryptodisciple

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 07:33:28 PM

It would help if I could make heads or tails of what your accusation here actually is...but since Ziftr has already advertised the premine details, including the fact that any employee incentive coin is locked into a timed release, I'm not sure what the problem is. If you're accusing them of selling premined coins, I think you'd better back that up with some evidence. Because frankly, the order books even on Cryptsy for Ziftrcoin are REALLY thin. One Bitcoin can cause a 100% price gain.

Of course they sold premine coins.  They had a presale and raised $450,000.

Hi All! Wanted to take a moment to let you know that we just launched the ziftrCOIN presale on December 9th. As of 4 PM EST today, we’ve sold over 3.3 million ziftrCOINs for roughly $450,000 or around 1,260 BTC.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=894605.0

From when they launched with nothing but promises the value declined to 10% of what they raised in the presale.   http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ziftrcoin/

Market Cap
$ 41,263
126 BTC

One year and $450,000 and they have delivered nothing.  This was a scam from beginning.  They make $450,000 for worthless coin.  

Lies + fancy graphics + professional looking webpage = easy $450,000.  Too many fools in crypto stupid to give people like these money.  
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 10:54:03 PM

ZiftrCOIN will "onboard" one million new crypto users.

Profits are never made overnight, unless it's a ponzi or other scam.

Ziftr has been around for decades & their team is awesome.

I have to wonder where you dragged in from, newbie "disciple?"
realcryptodisciple

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 11:16:27 PM

ZiftrCOIN will "onboard" one million new crypto users.

Profits are never made overnight, unless it's a ponzi or other scam.

Ziftr has been around for decades & their team is awesome.

I have to wonder where you dragged in from, newbie "disciple?"

Don't be foolish.  There will not be one million new crypto users because of ziftrcoin.  If this team is awesome why has a year gone by with nothing other than 90% of value evaporating?  What have they done?  More than $450,000 they took from people and delivered nothing of value.

It matters not where I came from as I speak the truth.  You obviously are just puppet shilling for this coin probably because you are bagholder.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 01:15:25 AM

Yeah, you talk Garzaspeak.

Ziftr has not broken any promises at all.

If you have read any of this thread, or even if you haven't, common sense will yell you there is no point in releasing the coins until merchants are in place.

DUH!

New coins are partnering with ZiftrWALLET behind the scenes.  You have no way of knowing this.

Sometimes still waters run deep.

Most of us expect some action this Bitcoin Black Friday, if they can get it together this year...

Geez, give an honest coin a chance FFS...

realcryptodisciple

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:00:23 AM

Yeah, you talk Garzaspeak.

Ziftr has not broken any promises at all.

If you have read any of this thread, or even if you haven't, common sense will yell you there is no point in releasing the coins until merchants are in place.

DUH!

New coins are partnering with ZiftrWALLET behind the scenes.  You have no way of knowing this.

Sometimes still waters run deep.

Most of us expect some action this Bitcoin Black Friday, if they can get it together this year...

Geez, give an honest coin a chance FFS...

Merchants not in place?  Things happening behind the scenes?  Don't be a fool.  Nothing but promises.

More than $450,000 for shopping portal that links to Amazon http://www.ziftr.com/shop/.  No progress in a year.  Value down 90%.  Delisted from exchanges.  Block explorer not working http://zrcbex.lbtcoin.org/.  Website not being updated.  Dead coin with no future. 

Black Friday will come and go with no benefit to this coin.  What do you think one day is going to do for this coin when nothing has happened for over 300?

Enjoy your fantasy.  This is same as all other promise filled coin projects that never deliver anything.

$450,000 in their pockets and coin has market cap less than $50,000.  Steady decline since launch.  No interest.  No volume.  Use your brain and think like an adult.  Holding bags is no reason to ignore reality.
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2015, 02:33:36 AM

Ad hominem attacks are not impressive.

Farewell.
FreeJack2k

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:09:08 PM

Merchants not in place?  Things happening behind the scenes?  Don't be a fool.  Nothing but promises.

More than $450,000 for shopping portal that links to Amazon http://www.ziftr.com/shop/.  No progress in a year.  Value down 90%.  Delisted from exchanges.  Block explorer not working http://zrcbex.lbtcoin.org/.  Website not being updated.  Dead coin with no future. 

Black Friday will come and go with no benefit to this coin.  What do you think one day is going to do for this coin when nothing has happened for over 300?

Enjoy your fantasy.  This is same as all other promise filled coin projects that never deliver anything.

$450,000 in their pockets and coin has market cap less than $50,000.  Steady decline since launch.  No interest.  No volume.  Use your brain and think like an adult.  Holding bags is no reason to ignore reality.

Since you obviously missed it, Ziftr and GoCoin announced they were merging, many months ago. They have been in the process of executing on the merger and will be incorporating much of Ziftr's payments technology. This isn't a quick process. I know you'd probably prefer they start introducing a bunch of new little meaningless gimmicks to the coin, to spike a little bubble or something, but it's unnecessary. They have a good plan for introducing Ziftrcoin to GoCoin merchants and their customers, and by giving it away and using it as an incentive, they WILL be onboarding new users. Would you pay $.02 for a coin that you could turn around and redeem at a $1 value? Of course you would. You'd probably buy extra, if you were going to shop with GoCoin merchants frequently. It can create ORGANIC growth, not this speculator bubble crap that plagues all other cryptos.

But hey, by all means...stay away. The nice thing about Ziftr's plan for this is, it doesn't require crypto enthusiasts to evangelize or organize. They will be doing the marketing, they will be implementing the tech, all anyone has to do is wait. I know that patience is not a virtue most crypto speculators possess, though.
ZWGuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 06:46:20 PM

My one complaint is that the Ziftrcoin team has been generally too quiet. Would be nice if they'd speak up to the community every now and then, even if just to let us know how things are going.  Roll Eyes

I have this complaint too. Due to the Ziftr/GoCoin merger and some funding happening around it, we're all told basically to not say anything about it, or what's currently being worked on, until everything is in place.

I think I can say that, in my opinion, things are going great. There is always the chance of failure, but there are a lot of interesting things going on in the industry right now and we seem to be in a great place to be a part of it all. Of course, this forum being what it is, that statement essentially means nothing, since I have nothing I can back it up with.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:18:58 AM

Of course, this forum being what it is, that statement essentially means nothing, since I have nothing I can back it up with.

It means you are at least still alive and there is a chance for this project yet Wink

{ BitSpill }
RoomBot
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:29:25 PM

I have this complaint too. Due to the Ziftr/GoCoin merger and some funding happening around it, we're all told basically to not say anything about it, or what's currently being worked on, until everything is in place.

I think I can say that, in my opinion, things are going great. There is always the chance of failure, but there are a lot of interesting things going on in the industry right now and we seem to be in a great place to be a part of it all. Of course, this forum being what it is, that statement essentially means nothing, since I have nothing I can back it up with.

Any plans for Bitcoin Black Friday?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: