Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:31:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (MUST READ)  (Read 33668 times)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:09:41 PM

Hi guys, can you add Navajocoin to this topic? Anon feature is up and running with double encryption.
Thanks

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Maybe not ? Because it's a centralized system ?

Why not add a row for decentralisation?

Its only fair that all the contenders for anon coins are listed fairly and accurately...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:43:42 PM

Hi guys, can you add Navajocoin to this topic? Anon feature is up and running with double encryption.
Thanks

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Maybe not ? Because it's a centralized system ?

Why not add a row for decentralisation?

Its only fair that all the contenders for anon coins are listed fairly and accurately...

I respectfully disagree ... Cloak PoSA.v2 was anonymous and decentralised but not trustless.... should we add that too?
Once NAV does not require a foundation to run nodes to keep it secure from bad actors then it can be considered for addition, until then I do not consider it a contender (mind you I do not consider DRK a competitor either but meh).

^ I am with STUPID!
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 05:45:55 AM

Also as far as i know the NAV code is not open source, I think that is a good prerequisite to being on the list.
Kootlas

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 02:35:56 PM

You forget NavajoCoin

Perhaps deliberately excluded because of your obnoxious spamming.

spam!!!?  because i talk about something that you dont like that...yes???

I neither like nor dislike NavajoCoin, I don't know anything about it and I've barely heard of it.

I dislike when there is a thread about [DRK/XDN/XMR/SDC] Comparison between the most known anonymous coins (quoted from the tread topic, and which certainly does not include NavajoCoin) and you come along and put a nice bold and red message about NavajoCoin with a big picture, links, and no actual content. Yes I do dislike that and it makes your coin look like something I should stay the hell away from.

Undecided you are so biaised....

most known Huh  do you really include XDN and SDC in "most known"?  damn, they were totally unknown before some new infographics and propaganda in this forum section 2-3 weeks ago.  a good example :  SDC ann thread total pages : 296.   NAV ann thread total pages : 678.

Dofus : please update the OP and thread title now to include Navajo.

Even if you are spamming your thread with hype messages, Navajo isn't known yet as an anon coin.

Could you please explain to us, who doesn't know a thing about Navajo, what technology is used ?

We are discussing about anon tech here, not about how much post there is in a thread.

Read this article for more information:
http://btcfeed.net/news/navajocoin-asynchronous-encryption-technology-released-today/

http://btcfeed.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/navajocoin-anon.png
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 10:35:07 AM

I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.
Dofus (OP)

Activity: 399

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:38:27 PM

I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.

I'll think about it don't worry, and I will do it this week.
WealthyBastard

Activity: 47

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:09:11 AM

Maybe we should rename the topic to write Dash ?

Okay it's useless I know Cheesy
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 08:32:25 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 08:45:01 AM by ffmad

I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.

Not useful, look at how it's already falling ...

We could put the coin in marketcap capitalization order ... DASH/XMR/SDC/XDN ^^ (ok, no one seems to care about XDN)

Added marketcap to table / changed drk name :

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Dofus (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:56:41 AM

I really dont think an anon project that is closed source and it requires anon tx to go through a private server could be a serious contender in this market.  But in saying that I am all for it being included on the chart, lets make it easy for people to differentiate between all the coins in this race.

Not useful, look at how it's already falling ...

We could put the coin in marketcap capitalization order ... DASH/XMR/SDC/XDN ^^ (ok, no one seems to care about XDN)

Added marketcap to table / changed drk name :

Done ! Smiley
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:13:24 AM

don't forget to change DarkCoin to Dash in the OP too Dofus  Wink

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Dofus (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:24:16 AM

Okay done !
WealthyBastard

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:25:33 AM

https://i.imgur.com/4fsaswc.png

Hello everybody,

It’s good to see you all so actively supporting Shadow and staying positive as we work towards the release of our decentralized market. As some of you may have noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet on these forums lately when it comes to actively reaching out to all of you with development updates. This doesn’t mean we’ve been sitting still though, because we have a fun week ahead of us. We'll come back to that later.

First of all we are very happy to announce that both Tecnovert and I will be working full-time on Shadow from now on! We're setting our main jobs aside for the upcoming months so that we can really focus on the job at hand. This will obviously result in quicker progress when it comes to releasing new features. Going forward we are also going to post a lot more in terms of development reports. Our team has been working with Shadow community members who are setting up a new website with a development blog to keep you all up to date. So expect regular updates from now on - this one being the first.

The weeks ahead of us are all about ShadowMarket so we are pleased to announce that we have started integrating it into Shadowcore’s back end. We're currently switching from scrypt to SHA-256 so that staking requires less cpu cycles, updating to PoS v2 to improve network stability and working on BIP32 and BIP44 support so that we can support hierarchical / tree categories for the market. Once we are finished with these enhancements, things should start moving significantly faster. We will be making radical changes to the Secure Messaging (ShadowChat), to support Pub/Sub messages, so that people could subscribe to certain categories for the market, where we will then move towards our first round of public alpha/beta testing. We’ve noticed there are lots of questions about how ShadowMarket will work so we have begun gathering them and will answer them in an overview later this week. So much about the upcoming Shadowmarket for now.

We are all still waiting for Isidor Zeuner’s review of our ShadowSend anonymity system in comparison to other anonymous cryptocurrencies. It is still ongoing and we are currently writing more documentation, which is currently our weakest point. We’ve been in contact with Isidor and are trying to give him a helping hand where needed. Please note that it’s quite a task seeing as he will not only study our system but also compare it to the alternatives out there.

As said earlier, we have a fun week ahead of us. We will try to give more specific details on that later this week.

Thank you all for your support!
IM SO HAPPY I COULD CRY!!!
http://thebestoflol.com/upload/20140531084314uid15.gif

WealthyBastard

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:42:10 AM

Thanks to the investors who put their money in the dev' so they can work properly ! Shadow has done so much without fulltime dev that I can't imagine how far they will jump now Cheesy

Don't forget to come on our IRC chat guys ! Here it is : kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#shadowcash
ffmad
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 12:14:00 PM

Okay done !

Not yet

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
.Infinite .
.Markets.
.Public or..
.Private  ...
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Dofus (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

My bad i'm really being stupid here, correcting that
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 10:39:35 PM

This DOMINATION post is relevant to our interests:

toknormal I read through your post, and I have spent some time thinking about it and researching it. I find it worrying that you write with such precision but your writings are filled with such inaccuracies and inccorrect statements. I'm sure investors look up to you which is why this is even more worrying.

Dash and XMR are not comparable in their objectives.

One is implementing a functionally diverse form of decentralisation that is going to manage everything from anonymity to network quality control and performance while the other is no more than an an off-the-shelf technology for 'hiding transactions' shared by 20 other projects.

You do the cryptography in Monero a disservice when you describe it as off-the-shelf. Ring signatures are not new cryptography but the application in Monero is definitely innovative.

I also haven't seen anything formal from Evan about "network quality control and performance", have you?

In my research I have also found a section on the Monero website that seems to describe a lot more than just 'technology for hiding transactions'. Have you seen that page? It's this one https://getmonero.org/design-goals/

One is compliant with the entire bitcoin legacy commercial infrastructure and APIs, the other isn't (whatever you think the merits of that are). One works like Bitcoin with recognisable procedures for managing blockchain addresses, transmitting funds, the other still doesn't even have a cross platform GUI wallet.

If I had to guess I'd say 99% of the merchants out there use Bitpay or Coinbase or one of the others for interacting with Bitcoin, so I am not sure this is much of a problem, if at all.

I also think it's very cheeky of you to make a statement like this as if attributing the API compatability or the Dash GUI wallet to Evan's hard work. You and I both know that he hasn't worked on any of that from scratch. Maybe we can give him credit for minor changes to the Bitcoin GUI.

One is the original anonymous-money project and is now consolidating and advancing the whole feature set, of which pre-emptive anonymisation is only one. The other is a one trick pony that will be banging the same drum for its existence in months and years to come.

See above.

One has a dev who adds value to the project day in day out according to a clearly defined roadmap that gets delivered on consistently. It's hard to know if the other has any devs at all.

Now you're just lying, toknormal, and that's doing harm to the whole Dash community. Why would you lie on something so obviously wrong?

Dash has nobody competent besides Evan now that vertoe has left!

I used the People Behind Monero page on the Monero website, https://getmonero.org/knowledge-base/people, and I researched all the people there. They are mostly people who have been in the cryptocurrency community for years. They've been on Bitcointalk since 2011-2013, except for NoodleDoodle and eizh that have only been on Bitcointalk since the beginning of 2014. On that page they also list 8 other developers who have contributed and they link to their github pages.

If you click on github contributors page link on that page it lists 25 contributors. Most of those contributors have contributed only to Monero. What I mean is if you look at the Dash github page, https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/graphs/contributors, the top 5 contributors are working on Bitcoin not on Dash, they don't even care about Dash. If you look on the Monero page there's only amjuares that worked on Bytecoin BCN and everyone else is a Monero developer. Even vertoe worked on Monero!

You are passionate about Dash but it is easy to see that Monero has quite a number of developers. I don't think it's good to compare Dash to Monero on that.

As I pointed out in another thread, Dash is now starting to deliver the fruits of it's dual layer, service-oriented approach (they will be many) in the latest release which implements decentralised quality minimums for the network.

This is *proper* decentralisation folks - functional diversification. Not reproducing the same mono-dimensional robot operation a million times (thats called redundancy). The first ever cryptocurrency network that is going to check itself for quality and performance standards on an ongoing basis. (What flight computers do for example).

Although that's a pretty mundane feature from a user's point of view, it's the type of stuff that makes a network useable and practical which has been one of the highest priorities for the Dash project since its inception = 'make it useable'.

So I did some research on decentralization. My starting point was Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralized_system. That page has a very good description right at the beginning that I want to paste for you. 'A centralised system is one in which a central controller exercises control over the lower-level components of the system directly or through the use of a power hierarchy (such as instructing a middle level component to instruct a lower level component).' Doesn't that sound like MasterNodes?

I know your answer is going to be that MasterNodes don't 'exercise control' but they do. You've just said that they are going to influence performance, which is exercising control. And we definitely know that they act on behalf of Dash users when they are mixing. By that definition the Dash network is 'centralized' and I don't think it's right to argue it any other way.

The Wikipedia article continues, and I think its important to go over some of the sentences and contrast it with Dash and Bitcoin/Monero, because this is a Dash vs Monero thread.

'A decentralised system, on the other hand, is one in which complex behaviour emerges through the work of lower level components operating on local information, not the instructions of any commanding influence.'

In Dash the lower level components (nodes) don't operate on local information. They rely on the MasterNodes to exert control and provide information and provide structure.

'This form of control is known as distributed control, or control in which each component of the system is equally responsible for contributing to the global, complex behaviour by acting on local information in the appropriate manner.'

This is the clearest indication, for me, where we see that Dash is centralized. The components in Dash are not equal. MasterNodes have way more power than ordinary nodes, and that means they are controlling things.

There are other excellent points in that Wikipedia article but I think the point is clear, and that is that Dash is centralized, Bitcoin and Monero are not.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:58:13 AM

interesting post icebreaker.
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:00:05 PM

Looking for the Dash button?
https://www.amazon.com/oc/dash-button
https://www.amazon.com/oc/dash-replenishment-service
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:22:02 PM

@PoS glad u popped back in so i can bookmark the post ur sig links to, namely https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.msg7535561#msg7535561

It is one of the most powerful and mind-boggling posts i have ever read on BCT.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:39:58 PM

@PoS glad u popped back in so i can bookmark the post ur sig links to, namely https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.msg7535561#msg7535561

It is one of the most powerful and mind-boggling posts i have ever read on BCT.

Saved: http://web.archive.org/web/20150401123844/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.msg7535561
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: