Bitcoin Forum
August 25, 2019, 03:49:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3897386 times)
willBTC
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 134
Merit: 100


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:04:39 PM
 #21221

I have asked Friedcat about the franchising mining farm,Friedcat replied me by E-mail that the franchising mining farm will be work after the mid of July.

BTW, I  will be a small franchise partner too  Smiley  

each 100 Asciminer shares will  mortgage 15T hashrate .  franchising will get 20% mining profit when deduct the electric fee .

Anyone wish to elaborate this means? If you have 100 AM shares, you can put them up as collateral for ~15T in mining gear, where you personally keep roughly ~20% of Profits/(Take Electricity Cost) (Meaning the other ~80% goes to AM for Divs/BitFountain)?

If this is the case, that is really cool. This sounds really really cool.

yes, that's the case. I was confirmed with Friedcat.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERTUBE
         The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far              Discover now!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1566704966
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1566704966

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1566704966
Reply with quote  #2

1566704966
Report to moderator
btcbot
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 149
Merit: 100



View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:08:07 PM
 #21222

I have asked Friedcat about the franchising mining farm,Friedcat replied me by E-mail that the franchising mining farm will be work after the mid of July.

BTW, I  will be a small franchise partner too  Smiley  

each 100 Asciminer shares will  mortgage 15T hashrate .  franchising will get 20% mining profit when deduct the electric fee .

Anyone wish to elaborate this means? If you have 100 AM shares, you can put them up as collateral for ~15T in mining gear, where you personally keep roughly ~20% of Profits/(Take Electricity Cost) (Meaning the other ~80% goes to AM for Divs/BitFountain)?

If this is the case, that is really cool. This sounds really really cool.

Collateral?  I thought he meant every 100 shares would be entitled to the 15T's 20% profits? 

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
JoTheKhan
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:18:28 PM
 #21223

I have asked Friedcat about the franchising mining farm,Friedcat replied me by E-mail that the franchising mining farm will be work after the mid of July.

BTW, I  will be a small franchise partner too  Smiley  

each 100 Asciminer shares will  mortgage 15T hashrate .  franchising will get 20% mining profit when deduct the electric fee .

Anyone wish to elaborate this means? If you have 100 AM shares, you can put them up as collateral for ~15T in mining gear, where you personally keep roughly ~20% of Profits/(Take Electricity Cost) (Meaning the other ~80% goes to AM for Divs/BitFountain)?

If this is the case, that is really cool. This sounds really really cool.

Collateral?  I thought he meant every 100 shares would be entitled to the 15T's 20% profits? 

Well he did say "I will be a small franchise partner too". And then went on to use the word Mortage. (Though I don't have a Mortage, I thought a Mortage was a type of collateral. Effectively losing the ability to sell/get dividends from the shares you put up to mortgage the TH they send you, otherwise how is AM going to make sure that the small individual franchisers don't run off with their equipment?)
sngwinner
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 436
Merit: 100



View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:30:44 PM
 #21224

With all of the franchise hash power coming online soon, this might be the perfect time to introduce an AM low fee or no fee mining pool open to the entire world. The franchisee hash power would instantly give our pool a large share and it could provide additional revenue in a low fee model and would definitely get the AM name out into the public a bit more. The important thing would be providing an alternative option to ghash.io. If AM balanced out the mining share Eco system I'm sure r/bitcoin would go nuts with praise for AM.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
xhomerx10
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2114
Merit: 2247



View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:16:48 PM
 #21225

I have asked Friedcat about the franchising mining farm,Friedcat replied me by E-mail that the franchising mining farm will be work after the mid of July.

BTW, I  will be a small franchise partner too  Smiley  

each 100 Asciminer shares will  mortgage 15T hashrate .  franchising will get 20% mining profit when deduct the electric fee .

Anyone wish to elaborate this means? If you have 100 AM shares, you can put them up as collateral for ~15T in mining gear, where you personally keep roughly ~20% of Profits/(Take Electricity Cost) (Meaning the other ~80% goes to AM for Divs/BitFountain)?

If this is the case, that is really cool. This sounds really really cool.

yes, that's the case. I was confirmed with Friedcat.


 NOT cool at all.  That would be ludicrous.  At the current value of Bitcoins in USD that means you are putting up $1.25 per GHs and getting back 20% of what that will mine after electricity costs?  Did we not already BUY those chips with the profits from our company?  There is no way we have to put up our shares to get the hashing!!  If AM is giving away the chips for a deal like this, then we should be getting a percentage of those proceeds from mining based solely on our ownership of those shares.  I fail to understand how you think it's "cool"  to have to use your shares as collateral for such an operation.  It would be much better for your to sell your shares, buy mining equipment that uses more efficient chips and keep 100% of the profit after electricity costs.

 I sincerely hope that this is not the deal FC cooked up.  I cannot believe this for one second.

aahzmundus
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 500


Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:25:37 PM
 #21226

This is not new, friedcat has previously let people use their shares as backing to buy blades and other things.  It lets people that want to get hashing power, and also acts as a way friedcat can buy back some of his shares.  In fact, this is a good thing.

If friedcat did not value his own shares enough to be willing to do something like this, one would probably be suspicious.  He values his own company enough that he wants to buy back as much equity as possible when he can.

Franktank
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 574
Merit: 500


For Science


View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 02:27:48 PM
 #21227


NOT cool at all.  That would be ludicrous.  At the current value of Bitcoins in USD that means you are putting up $1.25 per GHs and getting back 20% of what that will mine after electricity costs?  Did we not already BUY those chips with the profits from our company?  There is no way we have to put up our shares to get the hashing!!  If AM is giving away the chips for a deal like this, then we should be getting a percentage of those proceeds from mining based solely on our ownership of those shares.  I fail to understand how you think it's "cool"  to have to use your shares as collateral for such an operation.  It would be much better for your to sell your shares, buy mining equipment that uses more efficient chips and keep 100% of the profit after electricity costs.

I sincerely hope that this is not the deal FC cooked up.  I cannot believe this for one second.

It would be best to wait until all the terms and conditions are presented.
JoTheKhan
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:59:33 PM
 #21228


NOT cool at all.  That would be ludicrous.  At the current value of Bitcoins in USD that means you are putting up $1.25 per GHs and getting back 20% of what that will mine after electricity costs?  Did we not already BUY those chips with the profits from our company?  There is no way we have to put up our shares to get the hashing!!  If AM is giving away the chips for a deal like this, then we should be getting a percentage of those proceeds from mining based solely on our ownership of those shares.  I fail to understand how you think it's "cool"  to have to use your shares as collateral for such an operation.  It would be much better for your to sell your shares, buy mining equipment that uses more efficient chips and keep 100% of the profit after electricity costs.

I sincerely hope that this is not the deal FC cooked up.  I cannot believe this for one second.

It would be best to wait until all the terms and conditions are presented.

My personal Assumption
It isn't a share buy back. The shares go up as Collateral where you alone get 20% of the machine you are hashing for, and 80% goes to AM (For Everyone else's Dividends). You don't lose your shares, you merely have them on collateral until you are done with your franchising then. (This means that if you run off with the equipment then you are effectively lose your shares, if you don't run off with the equipment then you won't lose your shares). You would get them back at the end of the endeavor at no cost.

No shares would be bought back and AM wouldn't lose money, they would effectively be building a decentralized mining farm.

Basically if you put up 1000 shares as collateral, then you would mine ~150TH and get 20% of the BTC they mine (minus electricity), 80% of the BTC would go back to AM, where AM saves for Gen4/Pays Divs.


(I don't know if your 1000 shares will get divs from these or any other mining at the time, but if you have 1001 shares, then 1 share will get divs.)

After this is done and the mining ceases or I guess you wish to finish franchising, then you would send the equipment back to FC and get access to your 1000 shares again.

This is the same type of franchising FC talked about a month or so ago, instead of doing checks on mining farms though, he just uses your shares as collateral.
aahzmundus
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 500


Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:57:12 PM
 #21229

Oh i know that if everything goes well, no shares are purchased back... but sometimes they would be.  And the fact that FC is totally cool with getting his shares back, says something.

bitcoin.newsfeed
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:20:40 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 05:14:31 PM by bitcoin.newsfeed
 #21230

So for every 100s of my full shares I can get 15Th/s of mining gear for free from AM ? And I will get normal company dividends for that shares, plus 20% of what I mined "at home" as franchise? And that shares are held as collateral in case I get robbed, I run away, or don't provide expected hashing power to the pool(cheating, self mining, not mining for AM but myself). Good.

If this is the case, it's nice franchise program also for small miners and nice bonus for us, shareholders Wink

Interesting idea

EDIT : AND it creates a demand for AM shares, because if you want to be franchise(in this program), you must own shares.

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
xhomerx10
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2114
Merit: 2247



View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:47:43 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 10:09:01 PM by xhomerx10
 #21231

So for every 100s of my full shares I can get 15Th/s of mining gear for free from AM ? And I will get normal company dividends for that shares, plus 20% of what I mined "at home" as franchise? And that shares ale held as collateral in case I get robbed, I run away, or don't provide expected hashing power to the pool(cheating, self mining, not mining for AM but myself). Good.

If this is the case, it's nice franchise program also for small miners and nice bonus for us, shareholders Wink

Interesting idea

EDIT : AND it creates a demand for AM shares, because if you want to be franchise(in this program), you must own shares.

 So I can buy 100 shares for 20 bitcoins, put them up for collateral, get 20% of the mining paying my own electricity costs out of it and at the end of it all, I get my 100 shares back?  Well guess what.  At 15 cents US per kW.h and Bitcoin at $650 USD your power costs ARE  20% of what you could generate today!  You get nothing but loss from this venture.

 15 TH/s generates 0.4485 BTC per 24 hours
 1 kW.h @ 0.15 cents US = 0.000230769231 BTC /kW.h
 15 TH/s of AM GEN3 uses ~ 16.5 kW
 16.5 kW.h x 24h x 0.000230769231 BTC/kW.h = 0.091384615476 BTC
 20% of your production (0.4485 BTC per 24 hours) =  0.0897 BTC

 As you can see, it sucks.  Also, when diff goes up, it sucks worse.  
Check my math but I think I'm right.


  


 
bitcoin.newsfeed
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:01:52 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2014, 09:08:01 PM by bitcoin.newsfeed
 #21232

So I can buy 100 shares for 20 bitcoins, put them up for collateral, get 20% of the mining paying my own electricity costs out of it and at the end of it all, I get my 100 shares back?  

You're still owner of shares, that shares are *receiving* dividends as usual plus 20% of mining profits from that 15Th/s (seems like that to me)

Well guess what.  At 0.15 cents US per kW.h and Bitcoin at $650 USD your power costs ARE  20% of what you could generate today!  You get nothing but loss from this venture.

 15 TH/s generates 0.4485 BTC per 24 hours
 1 kW.h @ 0.15 cents US = 0.000230769231 BTC /kW.h
 15 TH/s of AM GEN3 uses ~ 16.5 kW
 16.5 kW.h x 24h x 0.000230769231 BTC/kW.h = 0.091384615476 BTC
 20% of your production (0.4485 BTC per 24 hours) =  0.0897 BTC

 As you can see, it sucks.  Also, when diff goes up, it sucks worse.  
Check my math but I think I'm right.

That math is correct. But for somebody who has access to really cheap or free electricity, this deal is no brainer. Even with 0.15 cents/kW.h , you're making free 0.09 BTC (ups , I forgot about electricity cost, so yes, with 0.15 cents/kW.h you are making zero for you) every day + you're contributing with another 0.3588 to AM dividends for all shareholders(so you as miner get cut from this too). The more I think about this ... mastermind idea, also it helps decentralization  Smiley

edit : what about combine this with some hosting in Iceland ?

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
silverfuture
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 948
Merit: 1008


central banking = outdated protocol


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:02:58 PM
 #21233

Isn't the 80/20 split done after the power is paid for? That way it is the profit you are splitting. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JoTheKhan
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:13:14 PM
 #21234

Isn't the 80/20 split done after the power is paid for? That way it is the profit you are splitting. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

That would actually be a lot better. The profit looks really nice like this.
NotLambchop
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:26:52 PM
 #21235

...
edit : what about combine this with some hosting in Iceland ?

I see gargantuan potential here, maybe get IceDrill Will interested?
I remember talk of hot water for apartments, but this is more Regal...
bitcoin.newsfeed
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:33:25 PM
 #21236

Isn't the 80/20 split done after the power is paid for? That way it is the profit you are splitting. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
That would actually be a lot better. The profit looks really nice like this.

Yes, great point. It is.  Smiley

... franchising will get 20% mining profit when deduct the electric fee .

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
mc_lovin
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000


www.bitcointrading.com


View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 06:50:13 PM
 #21237

It would be very exciting to be a mini franchise.  Us Canadians have the cheapest electricity around, too.

DEFINITELY something to ponder!  Crazy idea but it's so crazy it just.. might.. work..

jdany
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 644
Merit: 500


Inspired


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 08:25:52 PM
 #21238

I have asked Friedcat about the franchising mining farm,Friedcat replied me by E-mail that the franchising mining farm will be work after the mid of July.

BTW, I  will be a small franchise partner too  Smiley  

each 100 Asciminer shares will  mortgage 15T hashrate .  franchising will get 20% mining profit when deduct the electric fee .

Any details on how it works?   
Any idea who's hardware they'll be using?
dropt
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000



View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:02:04 PM
 #21239

I see gargantuan potential here, maybe get IceDrill Will interested?

Sure, if you never want to see your payouts or hardware again.
bitcoin.newsfeed
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 250


View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:06:27 PM
 #21240

I see gargantuan potential here, maybe get IceDrill Will interested?
Sure, if you never want to see your payouts or hardware again.
It's NotLambchop , it was irony Wink

... Question Everything, Believe Nothing ...
Pages: « 1 ... 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 [1062] 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 ... 1348 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!