Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:52:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916340 times)
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:10:26 PM

I recommend just sitting tight a couple days to see how things unfold. Maybe have some relaxing tea Wink

This, no need to get panties in a bunch because friedcat's not updating on a daily basis. You bought in because you trusted friedcat's decision making, unlike those "other ASIC companies"....

No need, but this is entertaining to squeeze any possible information out of what are publicly available facts.  Smiley

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:10:49 PM

any clue why am is 9% as of now ?
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:12:39 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2013, 02:27:03 PM by stripykitteh

Please check my math, tear my argument to pieces, come up with other ideas.. but try and help me answer this question.  How the hell are we out of blades with how many we have sold?

I don't think AM is out of blades.

This is just supposition on my part, drawing inferences on how friedcat has behaved so far.

I think friedcat knew that the blades weren't a good deal for buyers anymore at 50BTC so he pulled them and will either sell them in bulk in private at a discount or deploy them to keep the network share up (or a bit of both).

The alternative would have been to drop the price the public pays every time the difficulty went up. The problem with that is that it encourages people to hold off on purchases to wait for a bargain. I think friedcat is a smart enough businessman (smarter than basically everyone, heh) to know that mining is a classic repeat customer business. If you screw over your customers the way some other vendors are doing at the moment, they'll think twice about dealing with you again. However, if you under promise and over deliver, they'll beat a path to your door, again and again.

So he puts blades on sale for a while, then takes them off when they're no longer a good deal. People will learn that if they want AM products, it's best to get in early when the rewards are best, as they'll offer the best return early and won't be on sale forever.

In a few weeks, a refreshed product will come out at a lower price point with better features. Demand will have built up again, and early purchasers will have had a few weeks of less competition from other sales.

EDIT: Dimly recall from some marketing seminars that products are all about a "promise" - shinier hair, whiter teeth, attractive to the opposite sex, etc. Most other vendors doing pre-orders are selling a "gamble". AM is selling (relative) certainty. "Order this product today, have it in 5 days and start using it." That's a clear point of difference that no-one else has yet offered.

EDIT #2: That's also why I've noticed a lot of AM haters coming out of the woodwork. They look at the AM offering and scoff "how can you pay that much per Ghash? I can get xxx Ghash for $yyy from Company ZZZ. AM customers are all stupid." Those people are not in AM's target market (they really want a gamble, or they are possibly just self-deluded about when they will get their hardware) so they mock anyone who doesn't think the same way they do.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ianp

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:14:37 PM

any clue why am is 9% as of now ?

Steady decline over the last 5 days..

http://www.dpcapital.net/blockchain/?hours=120,96,72,48,24
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:20:17 PM

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming..." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 02:51:04 PM

c) some large player put in an EPIC buy order and bought ASICMINER out of blades, and this weeks div will be the most amazing thing ever.

I'm optimistic about this... Smiley

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:12:02 PM

Sorry I miss something, how do we know that we are out of blades?

I guess we don't know for sure, but Friedcat at least is not selling the hardware, he updated the sales thread for that saying they are out of stock.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:16:12 PM

Sorry I miss something, how do we know that we are out of blades?

I guess we don't know for sure, but Friedcat at least is not selling the hardware, he updated the sales thread for that saying they are out of stock.

We were speculating some time ago on the best way to decrease hardware price without having customers with past orders pissed off, or without having people holding on to wait for a price decrease...
Stopping blade sells for some time would feet perfectly into this. Then open again with lower price... much better than sharp change all of a sudden!
So, I'm not sure from the hypothesis "blade sells are stopped now" we can derivate the conclusion "they are out of stock" so easily.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:20:10 PM

If they wanted to reduce price regularly, they could use a formula that factored current difficulty. This would make it "fair" to previous buyers quite dynamically.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:27:18 PM

If they wanted to reduce price regularly, they could use a formula that factored current difficulty. This would make it "fair" to previous buyers quite dynamically.

Yes, he could. My argument was pure speculation; he must have some good reason for not going that way. A bulk sale to a private buyer sounds plausible but what would I know?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:29:37 PM

Yes, he could. My argument was pure speculation; he must have some good reason for not going that way. A bulk sale to a private buyer sounds plausible but what would I know?

Maybe he sold half the farm too, and will be replacing it with the new ones.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:31:17 PM

I'm not quite sure why we are off in the weeds talking about hardware sales when there has been such a drastic drop in Asicminer hash rate. Shocked
http://blockchain.info/charts/hash-rate
The network hash rate experienced ~20Th drop and then it was very quickly re-added.

http://blockchain.info/pools
50BTC has had a 4% increase in total network hash rate in the last 3 days.  Asicminer has dropped 5% in the same time period.

Is it possible that friedcat is simply transitioning some solo-mining over to 50BTC and hasn't announced it yet?  Am I mis-reading these charts and coming to an incorrect conclusion?

Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:39:44 PM

That was my basic assumption but I did not want to take the slings and arrows for the speculation.

The reduction in AM shares corresponded quite closely with an increase in BTC guild hash share. I immediately postulated that AM moved some amount of hashing from private to BTC guild, but for what reason I could not fathom. It may well be staging for transition to newer eruptors, but once again, not sure what the exact reasoning would be.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

That was my basic assumption but I did not want to take the slings and arrows for the speculation.

The reduction in AM shares corresponded quite closely with an increase in BTC guild hash share. I immediately postulated that AM moved some amount of hashing from private to BTC guild, but for what reason I could not fathom. It may well be staging for transition to newer eruptors, but once again, not sure what the exact reasoning would be.

Now that BTCguild has merged mining Namecoins on stratum, it seems like it would be more profitable to point a couple of terahashes/s their way than to keep it all on solo; maybe that's what's going to happen?
mem

Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:50:55 PM

So he puts blades on sale for a while, then takes them off when they're no longer a good deal. People will learn that if they want AM products, it's best to get in early when the rewards are best, as they'll offer the best return early and won't be on sale forever.

In a few weeks, a refreshed product will come out at a lower price point with better features. Demand will have built up again, and early purchasers will have had a few weeks of less competition from other sales.[/quote[
Seems like a sound plan and sound plans seem to be friedcats forte.

EDIT #2: That's also why I've noticed a lot of AM haters coming out of the woodwork. They look at the AM offering and scoff "how can you pay that much per Ghash? I can get xxx Ghash for $yyy from Company ZZZ. AM customers are all stupid." Those people are not in AM's target market (they really want a gamble, or they are possibly just self-deluded about when they will get their hardware) so they mock anyone who doesn't think the same way they do.

I have to say, after being among those that are feeling a little screwed over from avalon are definitely starting to rethink this heavily.
The fast shipping time means you could possibly end up with a nice usb key that can actually achieve ROI and then happily trickle away (every miners dream).

As of now I wouldn't bother with the usb keys being to late to the game, buuuut I can see myself being up for the next round as soon as he opens orders.

handy link, thanks Smiley

c) some large player put in an EPIC buy order and bought ASICMINER out of blades, and this weeks div will be the most amazing thing ever.

I'm optimistic about this... Smiley

Im going close my eyes and wish real hard on thursday Tongue

SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 03:56:23 PM

The most reasonable reason regard to this instantly drop of hashpower ,is Friedcat might sold half of its blades to a private buyers who will pay him directly by cash, if so ,then we will received a highest dividend ever...and another assumption is he operating his farm in different location, and one of this location had some work like network upgrade or electricity shock off, In China , especially in summer time , the electricity supply is often stop work due to the hot weather, everybody uses of air conditioner caused huge  pressure on the electricity supply network, then the government will cut electricity supply to some industrial district.
 Personally,I believe the assumption of pending electricity supply is most believable, because I saw the news reported China is currently suffered extremely hot weather, some areas hit record high  Celsius above 40. We know that ASICMINER is a company operating in Shenzhen China, and Shenzhen is  in southern side China, which is warmest place over China.

I think everyone here, do not start panic selling, in case both assumptions are not pessimistic.
ianp

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:03:43 PM

handy link, thanks Smiley

No problem. I'm working on creating a large amount of historical data for SmiGueL to use over at asicminercharts.com.

Ian
mem

Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:03:51 PM

I think everyone here, do not start panic selling, in case both assumptions are not pessimistic.

correction: do start panic selling, Im waiting @ the bottom for your sell orders.

SOSLOVE868

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:09:31 PM

correction: do start panic selling, Im waiting @ the bottom for your sell orders.
Yes...I should change it , everyone start panic selling right now...I am waiting @ the bottom...

TaxReturn

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 04:10:22 PM

It looks like someone on btct sold TAT.AMs all the way down to 0.025121... and I had no buy orders in :/
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: