Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:04:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guess about he future of bitcoin?  (Read 46234 times)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:44:45 AM

Its great to make predictions, but lets take some facts that bitcoin needs to solve.

I see a flaw within the coin itself, I`m a huge advocate for bitcoin. But, it has a serious double spending issue and just wondering what happens after its all mined, will we wait for 2 weeks for a transaction?

1mb block size limit, now imagine loads of transactions we need a upgraded bitcoin core.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:14:06 AM

I wouldnt stress on it too much, but eventually it can be used officially as a financial tool for something.

It could be a potential universal GDP kinda thing for all countries, and each represents a significant value on their debt to ratio. Whenever they do decide to lend to one another with their international money.  Hopefully it can be a reserve currency to them?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:35:03 AM

my current thought is all this good news and the BTC price has gone sideways and or a bit down...i mean massive amounts of good news and positive press...if/when
this 'good news' runs out ..ie the folks making these claims on btc infrastructure....now have to take a bit of time months/years or whatever to implement all of what they
wish to do and have the investment $$$ to do so

and I further 'suspect' *My SUPPOSITIONS* ....THAT  the ETF if it is approved will be the last great hurrah for a bit of time ..probably as much as a half a year
while people 'digest' all this...the investors and folk in question get around to building the nice stuff they promised us all in the 'good press' lately...and such

so baring any steady stream of good news in mass which seems to keep the price where it is at ..I would assume we would look at the same games by whales and
others in the marketplace ...and the slow but steady drip drip drip and slide of price downwards...this will accelerate IF there is another BTC scandal (about every 9 months) and/or the press decides that this slow trickle down in price and/or slow growth means they can sell more papers and web eyeballs and go the other way saying BTC is dead again...

on such a cycle I see BTC down as low as $150 .....but on the other hand the railroad tracks and infrastructure 'supposedly' is chugging along ...ie the train is being built...

so imho .....I should set some cash aside...because if I again see in the future further infrastructure gains and stuff happening with BTC as a model and the price is just going
low for whatever reason I PROBABLY should set some $$ aside to buy some more BTC..I assume this is what the kool aid drinking super bulls are doing in the market...pushing
it constantly downward in price

again just my thoughts watching this 'circus' the last 6 months on price etc

then again if BTC was to shoot up in price..I don't have to do zip and can sit on my hands.....so best to be prepared either way

but again imho looks like slow growth ..ie 2013 oct 18th when I started to mine $150 usd per btc after bubble etc today $233 usd per btc ..next year say 390 usd btc ..etc etc

but if it flows in that manner and I too have drunk the kool aid I should be setting some $$$ aside in case the next big press FUD or scandal or just slow drip decline puts me
at a place where I say 'damn why did I not set some money aside for this..it was so obvious in hindsight"

again if I am wrong I won't have to do zip..if it goes up in price on the next bubble....I can just sit back and grin.......

anyway my 'guess' plan? on wtf to do about BTC within say the next 6-9 months for what it is worth

(again i drank the bfl kool aid at one time..got a refund ...but still my mental facilities for believing that 'cult' should make everyone suspect that I really know wtf I'm talking about)

but then again setting $$$ aside for a price drop and hoping for a huge price rise...well....we also serve who 'straddle the fence"

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:57:16 PM

Its great to make predictions, but lets take some facts that bitcoin needs to solve.

I see a flaw within the coin itself, I`m a huge advocate for bitcoin. But, it has a serious double spending issue and just wondering what happens after its all mined, will we wait for 2 weeks for a transaction?

1mb block size limit, now imagine loads of transactions we need a upgraded bitcoin core.

Double spending is a problem for those of us who don't understand how things work. Double spending can easily be spotted. It's not a ghost that operates under the radar.

At some point a fork will land and deal with the other issues you are talking about. The only thing I agree with as being a serious problem is once all Bitcoins are mined.

You can't just expect pools and mining farms to burn lots of power and hardware for a few transaction fees, just to keep Bitcoin secure.
Purple Wayne

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:41:00 PM

Future of bitcoin? World dominance (I hope). I think the most exciting thing about bitcoins future is the uncertainty. It could take over the world or just stay a relatively underground alternative payment system. Only time will tell I guess.

I only wanted 2 see u underneath the Purple Wayne.
hasmukhh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:20:35 PM

a lot of people say thay bitcoin is not a stable currency since there are alot of fluctuations in it. but since it is a growing currency nowadays many people are using it and having profit. if it goes on like this , in future there is a chance that btc can be stable and highly secured.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 03:37:29 PM

a lot of people say that bitcoin is not a stable currency since there are alot of fluctuations in it.

Even USD has some fluctuations if you compare it to the currencies of another country but thats not the issue though

I see a flaw within the coin itself, I`m a huge advocate for bitcoin. But, it has a serious double spending issue

Double spending is an issue but it is not the main issue here. The main issue would be its slow transactions process which needs an average of 1 confirmation/10 minutes

Double spending is a problem for those of us who don't understand how things work. Double spending can easily be spotted. It's not a ghost that operates under the radar.

If we are talking about the future of BTC. I would assume that it will be use in general by most people. Probelm is not everyone knows how to spot this things as most people are techsavvy. You cant expect the elder to spot a double spend if they were to use BTC as transaction

The only thing I agree with as being a serious problem is once all Bitcoins are mined.
You can't just expect pools and mining farms to burn lots of power and hardware for a few transaction fees, just to keep Bitcoin secure.

It will depends on the value of BTC itself. Most people stop mining due to that the cost of mining > the value of BTC. Once all BTC mined, I think it is safe to assume that the value of the coins might be high . Since people wont be mining all BTC if the cost for mining is still higher tham the value of BTC though

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Spamela Anderson

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:42:45 PM

a lot of people say thay bitcoin is not a stable currency since there are alot of fluctuations in it. but since it is a growing currency nowadays many people are using it and having profit. if it goes on like this , in future there is a chance that btc can be stable and highly secured.

It's not currently stable and that's clear for all to say, though I agree it may stabilize in the future but I'm sceptical. I think a best case scenario would be for it  to be very volatile for a few years then gradually taper off and stabilize at a decent price.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:51:37 PM

It's not currently stable and that's clear for all to say, though I agree it may stabilize in the future but I'm sceptical. I think a best case scenario would be for it  to be very volatile for a few years then gradually taper off and stabilize at a decent price.

Alot of good news are coming in and whatever instability you talk about, it is going to stabilize soon:

NASDAQ btc based index = clear gateway to the moon as wallst can now flush bitcoin with dollars:

http://www.coindesk.com/new-york-stock-exchange-launches-bitcoin-price-index/

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:18:16 PM

At some point a fork will land and deal with the other issues you are talking about. The only thing I agree with as being a serious problem is once all Bitcoins are mined.

Yeah, I meant to clear that up for new faces in bitcoin who arent aware of it, who are in the same category on not knowing how to back up balances like a wall.dat file. So basically all newbies.

But, I`m concern on what you mentioned more is after the whole mining scene, on whats considered a justified transaction fee. I wouldnt want to send 1 btc, and spend like .34 btc in fees or something.

And another concern for me would be the mining farms that do decide to go off-line.
GreenStox

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:53:47 PM

Yeah, I meant to clear that up for new faces in bitcoin who arent aware of it, who are in the same category on not knowing how to back up balances like a wall.dat file. So basically all newbies.

But, I`m concern on what you mentioned more is after the whole mining scene, on whats considered a justified transaction fee. I wouldnt want to send 1 btc, and spend like .34 btc in fees or something.

And another concern for me would be the mining farms that do decide to go off-line.

What do you mean to go offline? Can you mine offline too?

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:25:26 PM

Bitcoin will be never world reserve currency,it is not even currency yet,and it will be not for long time
i know that blockchain has to be improved,better nodes
Whatwill happen,it could be more easy to estimate after halving in early 2016

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
GreenStox

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:29:39 PM

Bitcoin will be never world reserve currency,it is not even currency yet,and it will be not for long time
i know that blockchain has to be improved,better nodes
Whatwill happen,it could be more easy to estimate after halving in early 2016

Maybe, i think after the halving the price will dramatically start to increase, no doubt, halved inflation is something to look out for!

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:38:42 PM

In one of the recent economists they had a article about banking and the tech that is changing the way banks do things. It mentioned bitcoin but also showed a graph to indicate it has seen better days. Think we need to get attached to Playstation or Xbox to get some kind of a up tick. The kids need to buy in more than any other group to make this work.
GreenStox

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:44:36 PM

In one of the recent economists they had a article about banking and the tech that is changing the way banks do things. It mentioned bitcoin but also showed a graph to indicate it has seen better days. Think we need to get attached to Playstation or Xbox to get some kind of a up tick. The kids need to buy in more than any other group to make this work.

Actually Bitcoin is doing a fine job, if you check the logarithmic chart of BTC price, it is going up since inception.

A logarithmic chart shows the natural growth of things, and it's always correct:

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:01:54 PM

I was just commenting in context of the Economist,the public perception is most likely not far from that. Looking at your graph,I think they started just before it started to go downward. So they picked the current trend more than the overall look.

Again not really my personal take,just what I seem to read from magazines that the everyday folks look at.
GreenStox

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:05:52 PM

I was just commenting in context of the Economist,the public perception is most likely not far from that. Looking at your graph,I think they started just before it started to go downward. So they picked the current trend more than the overall look.

Again not really my personal take,just what I seem to read from magazines that the everyday folks look at.

Dont believe MSM economists, they are idiots or they are paid-by-corps, in any case dont trust them.

I`m an economist and i analized bitcoin's data, and it looks bright for me.

The big price increase pump & dump was only happening because the value of it was overestimated, and it came down, but in my opinion the value is now = to the price, that is why it stopped increasing & decreasing too.

But if you see the latest news:
http://www.coindesk.com/new-york-stock-exchange-launches-bitcoin-price-index/

This will open up new gates for bitcoin, and i think by the end of this year we will see a bigger price increase.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:46:37 AM

do your own research and observe, dont believe some the economist predictions.

Use your own history as reference, and your own judgement on what they dont see. Cause most of their content is usually just PR related and thats about it.

Brother Darkness

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:22:01 AM

do your own research and observe, dont believe some the economist predictions.

Use your own history as reference, and your own judgement on what they dont see. Cause most of their content is usually just PR related and thats about it.

Anybodies guess is as good as the other really. Nobody knows what is going to happen with bitcoin so everybody just uses their own bias. Bitcoin could become a worldwide phenomenon or it could fizzle into obscurity or just stay relatively the same. I guess we can only wait and see.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 12:01:25 PM

Bitcoin can become more stable if it ever reaches critical mass and millions if not billions of peeps adopt it and use it as a store of wealth and as a merchant currency but until that happens the whales and other big bitcoin peeps will play with it up and down like a yoyo on the exchanges.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: