Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:09:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 697 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark=  (Read 826667 times)
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:42:49 PM

I really think if these markets are to be functional they need to use btc, at least at first.
I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.
thanks for brief answer, imo it would be waste of time building atomic cross-chain transactions architecture at this point of time. maybe Long term yes. After Urge markets are dropped i am sure ppl will build their business around it. ALT price volatility didn't stop people using drk before, ppl do adopt you know.

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:43:13 PM

I really think if these markets are to be functional they need to use btc, at least at first.
I understand your points, but in order to accept other currencies/blockchains we would need atomic cross-chain transactions.  I know there are a few people looking into that but as far as I know there are no POC's out yet let alone a proven solution.  For instance, how would we enforce a BTC 3 party multi-sig from within Crave.  Actually, I do know one way that we could do it, but it would require that users run a full BTC node in addition to the Crave wallet and it is relatively complex to build.  The fact that it is challenging doesn't mean a flat "no", but maybe it is something to put on the roadmap to look into after the market release with the understanding that it could be weeks or months of R&D work to build and test the solution.

Thank you for the quick, satisfactory reply. Much appreciated!
stormia

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:45:41 PM

thanks for brief answer, imo it would be waste of time building atomic cross-chain transactions architecture at this point of time. maybe Long term yes. After Urge markets are dropped i am sure ppl will build their business around it. ALT price volatility didn't stop people using drk before, ppl do adopt you know.

Very, very few people use DRK for these types of markets, for the exact reasons I outlined. I don't use these types of markets myself but I do follow them closely as I find them interesting. Go to r/darknetmarkets and make a post about using an alt, everybody will laugh and scoff at you. Now, Crave will be different since it is providing its own infrastructure to build markets devoted and dependent on itself, so we will just have to wait and see if people are open to the idea and jump on board.

The hard part is getting vendors on board, if you can do that customers will follow.
trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:52:04 PM

Very, very few people use DRK for these types of markets, for the exact reasons I outlined. I don't use these types of markets myself but I do follow them closely as I find them interesting.
i personally didn't follow darkmarkets that closely i only saw they have drk as payment option. anyway icm has his own concept with Urge markets so it will be interesting to see how it will work out. to have btc as another payment option would sure be beneficial. maybe some community members will came up with some fresh ideas (expl. cravedigger)

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:54:06 PM

What about building a API for cravedigger and implementing it into urge allowing people to easily convert their BTC > CRAVE?
good idea. integrated BTC >CRAVE exchange in market /cravedigger script/ so they can easily be converted to be used in those markets.

edited: didn't make sense what i wrote lol

stormia

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:54:22 PM

Very, very few people use DRK for these types of markets, for the exact reasons I outlined. I don't use these types of markets myself but I do follow them closely as I find them interesting.
i personally didn't follow darkmarkets that closely i only saw they have drk as payment option. anyway icm has his own concept with Urge markets so it will be interesting to see how it will work out. to have btc as another payment option would sure be beneficial. maybe some community members will came up with some fresh ideas (expl. cravedigger)

None of the major darkmarkets or vendors use drk, they use btc. I agree that crave will be different and that is why it is exciting and theres a lot of potential (I edited the post you quoted to reflect that, but was too slow).
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:58:54 PM

I could be wrong, but the possibility to exchange crave for btc may already exist in darkpoold. I will have to look into it further but it has been mentioned in counterparts threads, now, whether it is still possible or even was is a different matter but one I will look into.
striker7334 2.0

Activity: 560
Merit: 300

Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:58:59 PM

What about building a API for cravedigger and implementing it into urge allowing people to easily convert their BTC > CRAVE?
or even better integrated CRAVE > BTC exchange /cravedigger script/ so they can easily be converted to be used in those markets.

That could work has anyone ever used cravedigger yet though?

Edit: I understand what you're getting at though lol

trader19
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 07:00:45 PM

or even better integrated CRAVE > BTC exchange /cravedigger script/ so they can easily be converted to be used in those markets.

That could work has anyone ever used cravedigger yet though?
i think yes, someone confirmed to successfully converted small amount of btc to crave very fast thru that script.

bitcoinsid

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:02:56 PM

I always see digital tech significantly evolve every 5-8 years, heres a few i can think of..
pc hardware shows this first then the console hardware - 8bit era - 16bit - 32bit etc every time took the best bits and moved on. For screen res we had sd then hd now uhd. Mobile phones to smart phones, 2g then 3g and now 4g roughly every 5 yr, home based internet speeds show same pattern.  Then we have software doing the same , napster/kazaa to torrents and most operating systems.
Now when i look at btc its looking old,  6years is a very long time in an industry that pushes digital hardware and software to new limits.
There has been alot of innovation in the past few years in crypto but most has been experimental, someone needs to take all the knowledge we have gained in the past 5-6 years and create something that is far superior than every coin on a technical level. Aswell as adding its own unique features this new coin should learn from old mistakes such as...premines,instamines and ico.
I believe crave is doing everything i would except in a next gen crypto currency but to be doing it at such a fast pace is fascinating.
The dev is what you pay for and soon i think someone will buy up so much coin and place a big buy wall that some will dump into but this wall isnt buying crave for btc or fiat, its buying crave because it believes in the dev and what crave wants to achieve. Then with media attention crave will be easily in the top 5 cryptos.
Another thing that stands out for me is the wallet...wow, it has built in staking, tor, i2p, adrenaline nodes and stealth address in around 5 weeks !

*btc has moved beyond innovation and soon will move beyond being a commodity to becoming an actual currency, crave will oneday do the same.
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:05:20 PM

I could be wrong, but the possibility to exchange crave for btc may already exist in darkpoold. I will have to look into it further but it has been mentioned in counterparts threads, now, whether it is still possible or even was is a different matter but one I will look into.

From what I've heard darkpoold is difficult to use, it would have to be easy.

None of the major darkmarkets or vendors use drk, they use btc. I agree that crave will be different and that is why it is exciting and theres a lot of potential (I edited the post you quoted to reflect that, but was too slow).

This is true they are businessmen/women(underworld businessmen/women mind you still businessmen/women) and they are going to need some stability. If we build a Cravedigger API exactly like shapeshift.io API and implemented it into the site as trader19 said that would work right or am I missing something?

proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:11:14 PM

Do not give ICM ideas!

Last time this was done, this happened:

Almost done with the native I2P integration Cheesy  I updated the code for the latest secp256k1 and will get that checked in soon as well.   Kiss

right on, sounds interesting... is that for the market integration? lol I'm not a techie so it sounds like latin to me Wink
It was something I decided to just do since people were fudding about it.  So, now its baked in. The multi-sig escrow workflow is the key for the market Wink

And now we have native I2P wich wasn't on the roadmap  Grin  Cool

Kimowa

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:18:37 PM

Do not give ICM ideas!

Almost done with the native I2P integration Cheesy  I updated the code for the latest secp256k1 and will get that checked in soon as well.   Kiss

right on, sounds interesting... is that for the market integration? lol I'm not a techie so it sounds like latin to me Wink
It was something I decided to just do since people were fudding about it.  So, now its baked in. The multi-sig escrow workflow is the key for the market Wink

yeah stop asking him for more we need this to got to 0.05 btc each

STEALTHMODE

Activity: 329

No TX Fees #JustRaiBlocks

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:20:35 PM

Do not give ICM ideas!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Don't challenge ICM Cheesy

waffles99

Activity: 275

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:24:57 PM

has anyone even tried to route crave traffic through i2p yet. less hype and more actual use please
darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:37:40 PM

yes. I am working on a bottle interface and have posted a win executable to make it easy to run without having to install python or any packages
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:45:50 PM

This is true they are businessmen/women(underworld businessmen/women mind you still businessmen/women) and they are going to need some stability. If we build a Cravedigger API exactly like shapeshift.io API and implemented it into the site as trader19 said that would work right or am I missing something?

Delita Heiral already has a store that accepts crave and probably will be one of the first cravers to have its own market on blockchain

I'd like to announce that Animalpharm nootropics is now accepting Crave.
[animalpharm.us]

If youre in the market for noots, pm me to transact manually.
(All crave purchases will be valued at current market price, and all orders made using Crave will get 10% off.)

We ship everywhere.

Additionally, future market owners pm me.  Was looking into magento or shopify but this is clearly a better solution.

As you were <3

Pretty cool !

http://www.animalpharm.us/
Delita Heiral

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:48:08 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 08:05:23 PM by Delita Heiral

^its true
[speak of the devil......and he shall appear!]

also heres some news via oaxaca:
Bad news for California:

California Assembly Moves Forward With Idiotic Plan To Make All Bitcoin Startups Apply For A License

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=50683

It has moved out of the California’s assembly committee on banking and finance and has been advanced to the appropriations committee.

Here are some excerpts:

Code:
(b) “Virtual currency” means any type of digital unit that is used as a medium of exchange or a form of digitally 
stored value or that is incorporated into payment system technology. Virtual currency shall be broadly construed
to include digital units of exchange that (1) have a centralized repository or administrator, (2) are decentralized
and have no centralized repository or administrator

of course there is this section:

Code:
26004. The following are exempt from the licensing
(d) A commercial bank or industrial bank, the deposits of which are insured by the
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

and of course there are fees:

Code:
26006. (a) An applicant for licensure under this division shall pay to the commissioner a 
nonrefundable application fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000)
(e) A licensee, including a licensee described in subdivision (b), shall pay annually on or before July 1,
a license renewal fee of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500)
(g) Whenever the commissioner examines a licensee, the licensee shall pay, within 10 days after
 receipt of a statement from the commissioner, a fee of seventy-five dollars ($75) per hour for
each examiner engaged in the examination plus, if it is necessary for any examiner engaged in
the examination to travel outside this state, the travel expenses of the examiner.

and this requirement (amongst a long list of others)

Code:
(9) A description of the source of money and credit to be used by the applicant to provide 
virtual currency services.

There is an online petition available to try and stop this thing:

https://www.change.org/p/matthew-dababneh-california-state-house-california-state-senate-save-buttonwood-sf-withdraw-ab-1326
striker7334 2.0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:59:55 PM

yes. I am working on a bottle interface and have posted a win executable to make it easy to run without having to install python or any packages

Sounds exciting I'm very interested to see it!

industrialcoinmagic (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:21:24 PM

Do not give ICM ideas!

Let's do it, after the market drop.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 [594] 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 ... 697 »
  Print  

Jump to: