Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant)  (Read 109998 times)
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 08:33:18 PM

Looks great and simple, Thanks!

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Michael_S

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 10:16:31 PM

Requesting Fair Play and Decency:

I have just had a look at "http://electrum-desktop.com/credits.html".

I am just an observer and user of Electrum and only contributed to its documentation, so my opinion is probably not of much relevance.

Nevertheless, there is something that irritates me quite a bit in this list of credits, and I have to point out this concern. It is about the order of names:
* Either it should be in alphabetical order,
* or it should be in "historical" order (who contributed first),
* or it should be in the order of "amount of contribution".

Since the list is not alphabetical, I would strongly plead to name ThomasV as first name on this list, because both in terms of "historical order" and in terms of "amount of contribution" he is clearly the first one to be credited, and it is just fair and good style not to have his name lost somewhere in the middle of this list.

For comparison: On "http://bitcoin.org/" in the list of developers, Satoshi Nakomoto is still listed first, although he has also stopped contributing for quite some while. But he has started the client, so he is listed first, and that is the right style. And it does not diminish at all the value of other developers' contributions. But it would question these developers' decency if they did not name Satoshi first in the list.

Thanks,
Michael

zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 11:44:52 PM

I am just an observer and user of Electrum and only contributed to its documentation, so my opinion is probably not of much relevance.

Nevertheless, there is something that irritates me quite a bit in this list of credits, and I have to point out this concern. It is about the order of names:

Since the list is not alphabetical, I would strongly plead to name ThomasV as first name on this list, because both in terms of "historical order" and in terms of "amount of contribution" he is clearly the first one to be credited, and it is just fair and good style not to have his name lost somewhere in the middle of this list.

For comparison: On "http://bitcoin.org/" in the list of developers, Satoshi Nakomoto is still listed first, although he has also stopped contributing for quite some while. But he has started the client, so he is listed first, and that is the right style. And it does not diminish at all the value of other developers' contributions. But it would question these developers' decency if they did not name Satoshi first in the list.

Thanks,
Michael

+1
MadSweeney

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:39:53 AM

ThomasV, the author of Electrum, has made it public that he is not going to add new features to the client while a couple of us still see a lot of room for improvement.

can you clarify this point?

Some longer and shorter term plans as I understand them at this point:

• Full functional lite-gui, having all the basic features the lite-gui needs.
  • Working binary for all operating systems and distro's.
  • Improved user friendly Wizard on first launch.
  • Build in alt-chain support.

This means I already got what I need in ThomasV's 0.59b version. Maintenance wouldn't be so bad after all.

ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:44:32 AM

Thanks,
Michael
That seems reasonable to me.

Also I just noticed that I am credited with the mac distribution... this isn't really correct.  Animazing has done much more work  on this than I....  I contributed a couple of small command line patches.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Nyhm

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 02:31:49 AM

Can't argue with providing simple clients! Whereas my VanillaWallet aims to be as bare-boned and minimalistic as possible, this Electrum Desktop looks clean and fully-featured.

[Bitcoin Game List] ~ [BitcoinGalaxy.net Live Bitcoin Visualization] ~ [PotentialGames.com]
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:33:54 AM

Thanks,
Michael

You were right, I took a few minutes to rework the structure of the credits page. It's alphabetical now and more emphasis is added to the fact that these are the contributors to version 1.0.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:03:26 AM

In a terminal, type:
sudo pip install https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/tarball/1.0\#md5\=863e61b215bf2e3fee243ce9583f677f
Then, to start Electrum, type electrum

How can I install it on a pen stick (linux mint 13)?

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 10:06:13 AM

In a terminal, type:
sudo pip install https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/tarball/1.0\#md5\=863e61b215bf2e3fee243ce9583f677f

Couldn't you just checkout the source from git and place it on your pen stick?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:28:31 AM

In a terminal, type:

Sorry i m not a tech freak. Just a user.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 10:33:47 AM

In a terminal, type:

Sorry i m not a tech freak. Just a user.

I can walk you through it most likely, but you will need to insert the pen into a system that has the dependencies for Electrum already installed. Is this feasible for you?

bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:26:17 AM

I think i can install the client on Linux Mint. But i want to have the wallet in a container on the stick.
I dont know how to tell Electrum where to find the wallet.
Flatfly has made a portable version.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 11:39:29 AM

I think i can install the client on Linux Mint. But i want to have the wallet in a container on the stick.

With the client installed issue the following command.

Code:
electrum -w /mnt/usb/electrum.dat

Replace /mnt/usb with the path of your usb device.

Flatfly does an excellent job for portable versions for Windows, sadly I don't think this is achievable on Linux.

bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:53:07 AM

Is there a console (command line) in the new client?

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:53:41 AM

detailed linux instructions for noobs plz^^
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 11:55:52 AM

There always have been console commands (electrum help to view the options) but there is no terminal based gui.

Quote from: 2weiX

Did you check the site and try the commands there?

2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:05:54 PM

There always have been console commands (electrum help to view the options) but there is no terminal based gui.

Quote from: 2weiX

Did you check the site and try the commands there?

uhhm.. no.
bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:16:43 PM

In flatflys build you can choose if you use the gui or open the console with shift-enter.

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 12:32:55 PM

In flatflys build you can choose if you use the gui or open the console with shift-enter.

You can achieve the same thing by simply checking the commands with electrum help and issuing them. The only difference is that you need to start each command with electrum.

bitcats
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 01:11:10 PM

Maybe you could involve flatfly in this project for helping to optimize it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: