Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant)  (Read 110006 times)
stepkrav

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 03:54:49 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2013, 04:28:36 PM by stepkrav

what do you mean a full server?

The problem is that i have outgoing transactions in history from a specific address of mine, with 0 confirmations and blockchain.info doesn't know about. I guess it wasn't broadcasted for some reason? May i cancel it ?

actually i found the last of the 3 uncofirmed in Rejected Inventory of blockchain.info.

631360e8938f777cac32bba00408b5dec45021d3f61aef661d005525d38662d9    

ConnectInputs() : mapTransactions prev not found 1996c97da2bfb6324e90b57a9251ed79db86904cc1788fcf4e17b7c02d93eb33    

2013-03-22 16:04:30

So what can i do now?  

update : switched to different Full servers. Two of the three unconfirmed transactions disappeared. Still one is there. Blockchain.info never heard of it.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 04:46:13 PM

@stepkrav... if you didnt use a fee of 0.0005BTC and your transaction is below 0.01BTC then it probably wont be accepted by a node and wont be known to blockchain.info. I cant say why one transaction was rejected.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
stepkrav

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:27:22 PM

yeah but what happens if i do so? Will the transaction be forever in my wallet, hangin on? Anyway i switched over many times to different F(ull) servers and finally (magically as well) the rejected transaction vanished and one last got accepted. Thanks for developping Electrum  Smiley
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 10:32:56 PM

yeah but what happens if i do so? Will the transaction be forever in my wallet, hangin on? Anyway i switched over many times to different F(ull) servers and finally (magically as well) the rejected transaction vanished and one last got accepted. Thanks for developping Electrum  Smiley

If you switch to another server and a transaction wasnt accepted by a node then the other server wont know the transaction so he cant show it. Only if one is accepted by a node it has the chance to find a miner that will include it into blockchain. And a transaction that doesnt get accepted probably never will be accepted. At least my transactions stayed there for days.

I already asked the developers if the fee isnt too high, because nowadays you only can pay down to a worth of $0.64 without paying a fee. It sounded to me like a problem for small transactions. But it looks like its not possible to go around otherwise the blockchain will grow way bigger.
If youre interested in the answers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155996.new;topicseen#new

Michael_S

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:06:40 AM

One question: Reading "https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum", I have the impression that sending transactions with an offline wallet is only possible with native (i.e. non-imported) addresses (because it involves deseeding and reseeding the wallet).

Is this true? Or is it also possible (or planned) to send offline transactions from imported keys?

I am asking because I would like to use offline transactions using imported addresses generated with a 3rd party tool like bitaddress.org or vanitygen.

btcven

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

Bitcoin Venezuela

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 12:17:37 AM

One question: Reading "https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum", I have the impression that sending transactions with an offline wallet is only possible with native (i.e. non-imported) addresses (because it involves deseeding and reseeding the wallet).

Is this true? Or is it also possible (or planned) to send offline transactions from imported keys?

I am asking because I would like to use offline transactions using imported addresses generated with a 3rd party tool like bitaddress.org or vanitygen.

When you deseed your wallet inported privkeys are separated too. Am I right? So it should work also with imported addresses.

Indeed you can create a watch-only wallet by importing your privkeys and then deseeding your wallet to only get balances, but not being able to spend.

Admin: rdymac (PGP) | contacto@bitcoinvenezuela.com | @cafebitcoin | Electrum, lightweight bitcoin client
If I've been helpful tip me a coffee! Cheesy1rdymachKZpA9pTYHYHMYZjfjnoBW6B3k Bitrated user: rdymac.
Michael_S

Activity: 278
Merit: 251

Bitcoin-Note-and-Voucher-Printing-Empowerer

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:54:06 AM

When you deseed your wallet inported privkeys are separated too. Am I right? So it should work also with imported addresses.

Indeed you can create a watch-only wallet by importing your privkeys and then deseeding your wallet to only get balances, but not being able to spend.
Oh, that would be great. Maybe I was misled by the term "de/re-seed" - I thought "seed" relates to the deterministic part of the wallet only, because that's where the term "seed" is normally used (I thought).

So then the correct understanding of the terms is:
* deseed = to detach or remove (all) the private keys from the wallet,
* reseed = to re-attach the private keys to the deseeded wallet,
both irrespective of whether keys are imported or deterministic.

Right?

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2013, 03:57:16 AM

Oh, that would be great. Maybe I was misled by the term "de/re-seed" - I thought "seed" relates to the deterministic part of the wallet only, because that's where the term "seed" is normally used (I thought).

So then the correct understanding of the terms is:
* deseed = to detach or remove (all) the private keys from the wallet,
* reseed = to re-attach the private keys to the deseeded wallet,
both irrespective of whether keys are imported or deterministic.

Right?

the "reseed" command does not exist anymore; the wiki is deprecated.
see the documentation in the "docs" directory of electrum.
yes, "deseed" will not only remove your seed but also all private keys

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
stepkrav

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 12:49:44 PM

is it possible the have multiple output addresses in a single transaction?
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 07:47:04 AM

Is this electrum litecoin client working?
https://github.com/litecoin-project/Electrum

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 07:48:38 AM

is it possible the have multiple output addresses in a single transaction?

this is not possible with the gui, but it is supported by the electrum library

Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 08:25:48 AM

Is this electrum litecoin client working?
https://github.com/litecoin-project/Electrum

It is sorta working but I would not recommend you use it. Coblee hasn't updated it in almost a year and it's super tricky to get a server working because the server side did move on.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
bitcats
Legendary

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:29:33 AM

Ok thanks.

"Unser Problem ist nicht ziviler Ungehorsam, unser Problem ist ziviler Gehorsam."  - Howard Zinn
stepkrav

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 07:29:28 PM

some probles i mentioned earlier with transactions in history staying unconfirmed or in wrong order, are now solved. Perhaps the recent changes in verifier.py did the trick?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 03:32:24 PM

I would like to suggest an auto-updater for the currency conversion. I always restart my wallet to see how much Money i have now. It would be easier if this updates automatically.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 12:47:11 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 01:20:00 AM by SebastianJu

I didnt check to "randomly try servers if disconnected" because i want the connection encrypted. But i think i now found a case with a non working server or a server that isnt available somehow.

I tried to send bitcoins with electrum 1.7.2 portable through SSL. Everytime i tried i got the errormessage: http://www.imagebanana.com/view/ahabh5ut/1.jpg
The list with the servers was strange too because when i chose a server then the connectiontype was grayed out always. And all servers were shown as F. I had to chose another server and click ok to connect normally. Then after it connected some seconds later i could use SSL, the serverlist was ok and the transaction went through.

Im not sure what the problem was exactly but if the server was offline or something a message about that would be good. But maybe it was something different.

Edit: I was unsure if change addresses are stable because i only had money in a change address anymore and i wanted to invest something. But i would have gotten the dividends back to that address so i wasnt sure it such an address will vanish at some point if its empty or not. So i first transferred the bitcoins to a real address before investing. How is it with the change addresses?
I didnt find the changelog yet on download or project page yet. I wanted to check if this topic is covered. Where is it?

tjohej

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:50:48 AM

This is quoted from post #1:
Your wallet is "in the cloud", and that cloud is the Bitcoin blockchain!
To my knowledge no private keys are stored in the Bitcoin blockchain and my private keys are stored in the wallet.dat file when using the regular client. Here the private keys are stored on a 'seed server', though locked with a strong passphrase?

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 11:55:24 AM

This is quoted from post #1:
To my knowledge no private keys are stored in the Bitcoin blockchain and my private keys are stored in the wallet.dat file when using the regular client. Here the private keys are stored on a 'seed server', though locked with a strong passphrase?

That's not the smartest way to phrase it, we should change the opening post. No private information is stored on any of the servers and your keys can always be generated offline.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 11:57:52 AM

No, your private keys are not stored at all.
Your private keys are derived from your seed when you type your password, for example to sign a transaction. But they are not stored (except imported keys).
Your seed is not stored on a server; it is stored on your hard disk, and only there.

btctrada

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 10:19:26 PM

Hi Thomas not sure if this has been already covered. Is there a known issue with unconfirmed tx? Mine has been over two hours know, each tx had at least .001 fee. I have also tried all the servers but still no joy? Has been a problem since upgrading to 1.7.2.

Cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: