Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:53:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Really End World Poverty?  (Read 10032 times)
Isaacck1

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:09:30 AM

I think ending world poverty is an overstatement. First of all, we can not end poverty as a whole, no matter plans we have, no matter what projects are launched it will still end up not solving the problem in all. But I still think that bitcoin can lessen the effect of poverty. Bitcoin could lessen those people who don't have jobs and those who do not earn enough money for their needs.
normanderecho

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:25:06 AM

I think ending world poverty is an overstatement. First of all, we can not end poverty as a whole, no matter plans we have, no matter what projects are launched it will still end up not solving the problem in all. But I still think that bitcoin can lessen the effect of poverty. Bitcoin could lessen those people who don't have jobs and those who do not earn enough money for their needs.

I think yes,if the people  and government adopt the bitcoin currency that time will end the poverty in our country because i see the bitcoin theres a big potential to help every poor persons thats why i think only bitcoin will help us and give a money to buy the needs every day and dont forget also to pray and thank you to GOD to give us bleesings.

Jiddyyy

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:40:48 AM

Can bitcoin really do anything to solve world poverty problem? Brian Singer certainly think so. He thinks that Bitcoin can bring minimum everyday earning for people more swiftly than any other economy system.

Is it possible?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/
Yes, I guess, It depends on the people who use bitcoin, if they are spending a lot then poverty will run into their lives. But if they are a good-handler  the poverty will diminished and unemployees rate will fall down since the bitcoin is now getting legalized in our country. Also, if the bitcoin adopt by government and people then the poverty will no longer a problem in a specific country.
Ailcab

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:47:56 AM

You have some point in that too. For me I think it can't totally end up poverty but it can help to poor and jobless people to live a good life. Its not that they became rich afterall but its a day to day survival basis for them if BTC dominate our world.
Can bitcoin really do anything to solve world poverty problem? Brian Singer certainly think so. He thinks that Bitcoin can bring minimum everyday earning for people more swiftly than any other economy system.

Is it possible?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/
Yes, I guess, It depends on the people who use bitcoin, if they are spending a lot then poverty will run into their lives. But if they are a good-handler  the poverty will diminished and unemployees rate will fall down since the bitcoin is now getting legalized in our country. Also, if the bitcoin adopt by government and people then the poverty will no longer a problem in a specific country.
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:49:50 AM

Is it possible?

Not all people believes in the power of cryptocurrency so how come that bitcoin will end the poverty? I think that it should be 10% of the population will become rich because of believing in this kind of industry, some will just end despair with full of hesitation by knowing bitcoin but hesitated to try it.
MaitoMaito

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:59:47 AM

It puts all economy centralized system upside-down, where people like you and me have the power. And so efficiency of crypto about everyone wellness relate only on people minds. Somebody choose cryptokitties/cryptotanks, somebody smart-contracts for fair deals. The choice is all matter. 
MaitoMaito

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 11:10:57 AM

Is it possible?

Not all people believes in the power of cryptocurrency so how come that bitcoin will end the poverty? I think that it should be 10% of the population will become rich because of believing in this kind of industry, some will just end despair with full of hesitation by knowing bitcoin but hesitated to try it.

Yes indeed, people around age 40-50 are full of skepticism, misled by their heroes and conservative mindset.
rolls89

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:11:29 AM

Saving 2-3% on fees and being able to send money without a bank account won't end world poverty. The poor will still be poor. Bitcoin is great and all but stop pretending like it's the magical solution to everything.Unless and until we humans take some corrective and social steps poverty will remain the same.
Pekine

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:17:31 AM

Nothing will end world poverty without a change in mind set of all people.
Clark13

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:18:28 AM

if anything it'll do the exact opposite (if the fantasy of bitcoin being adopted as global currency were ever to come to pass) ... why ? ... distribution of fiat money aka wealth in this world , as far as wealthy vs poor goes in a simplified perspective is 1% holds 1/2 of all the wealth while the other 99% of humanity holds the other 1/2 ... that's 70,000,000 people holding 1/2 of the wealth of the world ... in bitcoin , you've got an estimated 1000 people holding roughly 3/4 of all bitcoin in existence (thanks to the initial complete lack of public awareness under the radar distribution of bitcoin ... cough ... pyramid ... cough ... ponzi ... cough) ... so you'd be looking at wealth disparity , give or take , 100,000X worse than current wealth disparity ... you'd essentially have 1000 likely tyrannical money-hyper-overlords who are 100,000X more wealthy vs the rest of the population as compared to today's billionaires and 8-9 figure multi-millionaires , 1,000,000 extremely-extremely wealthy people (anyone who holds any amount of bitcoin whatsoever today all rendered 8-9-10 figure wealthy in today's dollar terms , depending on whether they have 0.1 1 or 10 btc) , and the other 7 billion people (the other people who don't have any bitcoin today) ... so yeah ... it most definitely will not do a god damn thing to help combat global poverty ... unless of course one of the btc-multi-trillionaires decides to start paying poor families 0.05 btc per family member sacrificed mayan style on the steps of their pyramid ... then ... yknow ... less poor people what with less human population

Let us not take things in the world such as poverty and unemployment be ended just by bitcoin. We have to remember that there are countries who does not want the bitcoin system be in their territory. It is not just about positive thoughts but they are also afraid of what it can do in the future. What if they depend on it and then suddenly bitcoin disappear. Or maybe the price of it decreases. There are so many probable events in bitcoin. It will not end the poverty yet it will surely lessen since it is helping people nowadays since the price is high.
Prettyme

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:22:24 AM

Is it possible?

It has the possibility that bitcoin will end world poverty but I think it takes a long period of time since those people who are in a low economic status don't have any access about bitcoin. So if we want to make it possible we must first inform them about bitcoin and how it works. Bitcoin has really a great potential to change human life especially when it comes to financial aspect.

BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:29:57 AM

if anything it'll do the exact opposite (if the fantasy of bitcoin being adopted as global currency were ever to come to pass) ... why ? ... distribution of fiat money aka wealth in this world , as far as wealthy vs poor goes in a simplified perspective is 1% holds 1/2 of all the wealth while the other 99% of humanity holds the other 1/2 ... that's 70,000,000 people holding 1/2 of the wealth of the world ... in bitcoin , you've got an estimated 1000 people holding roughly 3/4 of all bitcoin in existence (thanks to the initial complete lack of public awareness under the radar distribution of bitcoin ... cough ... pyramid ... cough ... ponzi ... cough) ... so you'd be looking at wealth disparity , give or take , 100,000X worse than current wealth disparity ... you'd essentially have 1000 likely tyrannical money-hyper-overlords who are 100,000X more wealthy vs the rest of the population as compared to today's billionaires and 8-9 figure multi-millionaires , 1,000,000 extremely-extremely wealthy people (anyone who holds any amount of bitcoin whatsoever today all rendered 8-9-10 figure wealthy in today's dollar terms , depending on whether they have 0.1 1 or 10 btc) , and the other 7 billion people (the other people who don't have any bitcoin today) ... so yeah ... it most definitely will not do a god damn thing to help combat global poverty ... unless of course one of the btc-multi-trillionaires decides to start paying poor families 0.05 btc per family member sacrificed mayan style on the steps of their pyramid ... then ... yknow ... less poor people what with less human population

Let us not take things in the world such as poverty and unemployment be ended just by bitcoin. We have to remember that there are countries who does not want the bitcoin system be in their territory. It is not just about positive thoughts but they are also afraid of what it can do in the future. What if they depend on it and then suddenly bitcoin disappear. Or maybe the price of it decreases. There are so many probable events in bitcoin. It will not end the poverty yet it will surely lessen since it is helping people nowadays since the price is high.

I really do not see bitcoin ending poverty, it's just a financial instrument. The wealthy are still going to be wealthy, in fact most of the people in real poverty won't even be able to buy bitcoin due to lack of internet connection.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
cposeidon

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:33:53 AM

No you can't just end poverty because who will do the dirty jobs for you if everyone is rich and doesnt want to do those stuff? But bitcoin can sure lessen the number of people who is suffering from poverty but It wont end it.
johnlhy251

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:36:42 AM

Big NO. it also depends on people, how they manage  financial assets
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:42:30 AM

Is it possible?

The short and only answer is no, bitcoin will not help to solve world poverty problem. Why? Because economical systems, regulations and laws are not the problem here. Humans are. People are so corrupt and flawed that they do not care about making this world a better place, they just care about themselves. That is why we will never have world without poverty, wars and terrorism. Bitcoin is nice tool but it is people who will be using it. That is the problem.

It can't solve poverty but rather it can help some unfortunate people to earn like jobless people. It can help them.financially. it can lessen maybe but to end poverty, I don't think so. As there are lots of poor people who can't access to.computer an internet.
masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:09:47 PM

Is it possible?

masterchief001

Activity: 585

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:16:29 PM

Is it possible?

In my opinion, bitcoin can help many people become rich. But bitcoin does not really end poverty in the world. Because not everyone knows how to use bitcoin. In a country less than one third of the population know how to use bitcoin. The poorer the poorer to participate in bitcoin.
November11

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:19:59 PM

I think this is an incorrect statement. Because while someone is getting richer - someone is getting poorer. And everyone can not be rich. This is a fact, unfortunately. Cry
Gens09

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:33:51 PM

Is it possible?

I think no. to be honest there no such thing as poverty if the people who are living in a country is disciplined enough and responsible enough to handle their situations. and some people uses their power to control others for example in government instead of dividing the fund to the people they get the money which actually for the people of the country. and I think bitcoin can only help to provide extra income.
rodgelampis

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:39:28 AM

I think no. to be honest there no such thing as poverty if the people who are living in a country is disciplined enough and responsible enough to handle their situations.And it also depends on people, how they manage  financial assets
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: