Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:47:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin Really End World Poverty?  (Read 10034 times)
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:28:19 PM

There is no chance it will ever do that. But we can't rule out that one day this could be partially achieved with some still to come other cryptocurrency.
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:35:51 PM

Can bitcoin really do anything to solve world poverty problem? Brian Singer certainly think so. He thinks that Bitcoin can bring minimum everyday earning for people more swiftly than any other economy system.

Is it possible?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/

I think bitcoins will help the poor middle classmen only and not help eliminate poverty nor barely scratch it. Ideally, those who can only acquire bitcoins are the one who has internet connections and are educated well as well. If poverty-stricken individuals are to try to get a hold of bitcoins, they will have a hard time to do so since it needs an internet connection.

tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:40:24 PM

Can bitcoin really do anything to solve world poverty problem? Brian Singer certainly think so. He thinks that Bitcoin can bring minimum everyday earning for people more swiftly than any other economy system.

Is it possible?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveforbes/2015/04/02/how-bitcoin-will-end-world-poverty/

I think bitcoins will help the poor middle classmen only and not help eliminate poverty nor barely scratch it. Ideally, those who can only acquire bitcoins are the one who has internet connections and are educated well as well. If poverty-stricken individuals are to try to get a hold of bitcoins, they will have a hard time to do so since it needs an internet connection.
It can end the poverty of individual but not the world, as not all people believe in bitcoin, we are in the world of crypto wherein not all countries allowing it so how it could end the poverty? As they have that one thing could not lead to its success without its critics and bitcoin has a lot of it so I believe in the end we will all gonna win.

Just keep your path straight and believe that there is something positive outcome would happen in our life here in cryptocurrency.
kimkimkim852

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:43:26 PM

Honestly i dont think so

poverty is pretty much a relative concept, should all the people are rich, then all are not rich either..

But i think it s a reshuffle of capital instead
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:45:42 PM

Is it possible?

Bitcoin is just a digital currency and it is only used for transaction, payment and some loan services but I don't think that it will be of help in terms of ending or killing the most problem that every country has, poverty. Poverty is lack of material and money, that is the thing you always need. And if you are a poor one, do you think you can still have a bitcoin? You do not have any thing even money and do you think you will be having an idea of thinking to trade? No, the first thing you will think in that situation is how you will be able to eat and survive another day of your life.
Verdika90

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:50:55 PM

it is possible that bitcoin can reduce poverty, because there is a lot of evidence in my country that the financial situation has changed since there bitcoin ..
Virman01

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:52:32 PM

I agree with this, because with bitcoin also can reduce the unemployment rate in the world. but if the government does not support all will be in vain.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:00:23 PM

I agree with this, because with bitcoin also can reduce the unemployment rate in the world. but if the government does not support all will be in vain.

I don't think so. How many jobs are being created by Bitcoins right now? 10,000 at the most, per year? Even if Bitcoins get immensely popular, this number may rise to 100,000 max. Considering the world population (7.5 billion), this number is quite minuscule. So in short what I am saying is that Bitcoin will be having a minimal impact on poverty or employment.
DAN29

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:07:33 PM

I think it might, not right now but maybe one day when it is fully accepted worldwide and we don't have to pay huge fees to banks and other financial institutions to keep/transfer our money from one place to the another.
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

Be remember that world poverty is very big problem and removing or solving this problem is not easy task. It need very high level strategy and then need alot of work on that then their will be came some good solution of this problem. Its true that bitcoin is providing jobs to all kind of people but its not possible that bitcoin can end this problem. Yes we can say that bitcoin can reduce rate of this problem up to some extent.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:30:20 PM

Is it possible?

no its not,bitcoin is currency and its not hes obligation,better to say BITCOIN WILL HELP TO LESSEN POVERTY since this is the concept why bitcoin become more popular together with the altcoins,every country must do necessary actions towards poverty programs.and bitcoin will do help them by giving income to the poorer that capable of using internet to use this platform for living
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:34:33 PM

I would hope so this happens , i am very much happy about bitcoin growth and creating awarenesss globally. I would also be happy if each and every user starts using these coins after regulations to start the virtual currency revolution to create more transparency in online space and creating belief as well if usage is widely observed. Lets see what more is there for all of us to see in this crypto space.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 03:36:46 PM

We must understand that Bitcoin is just another form of money having some more benefits as compared to that of traditional Fiat system. It is not a magic trick to transform the world or destroy poverty. Things are still in the development mode and no one is sure what is going to happen down the road, on the other hand, it has no geographical boundaries so it provides equal opportunities to each and every one in every corner of the world.  Now, this is our responsibility to explore those opportunities and exploit those opportunities for the better and in that way, we can definitely deal with the critical issues like poverty.
oxidoreductase

Activity: 224
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:48:19 PM

There is no chance it will ever do that. But we can't rule out that one day this could be partially achieved with some still to come other cryptocurrency.
I am a solid fan or supporter of bitcoin, but i dont think that bitcoin can really end world poverty,  because in my opinion bitcoin is only can help some people to earn money or to earn profit with bitcoin and i think bitcoin can just only help some individual to be rich with bitcoin and i dont think that the whole world can stop just because of bitcoin.
lhea056

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:03:01 PM

No bitcoin is just a part of online we still need resources aside from bitcoin . if we don't have internet we can't use bitcoin . it was still okay if we have fiat currency like paper money atleast we can use it to buy things we need and natural resources is also main source that helps the country to become rich at some point like gold , petroleum gas , and any other forms of natural resources . Like in saudi arabia the country became rich because of their petroleum oil because they are rich in petroleum oil they can sell it into other countries , philippines has a lot of gold hidden treasure and some says that philippines is rich with gold  so we still need other resources bitcoin doesn't help its just a part of the resources .

ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:07:19 PM

Poverty is a common thing that is spread around the world. It is found on grown countries as well on third world countries. Grown countries won't reveal it outside, whereas the third world countries easily show it to the outer world. Bitcoin is all about technology and it can help in generating economy, but this is not gonna end world poverty.
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

No, bitcoin cannot end world povert, on a worldwide scale, bitcoin users are still very few even its popular now. There are many countries that suffer extreme poverty that having an internet connection is a scarse, so people in there are less likely to use or earn bitcoins. Well, bitcoin can help a lot of people, it gives them a lot off opportunity to earn money just by having internet and a laptop or smartphone.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
Babylon

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:36:46 PM

Nope. What do you think of bitcoin? Free money? Hell no! You need to exert some work to get some! Also, if that person is really poor like he can't access internet then Bitcoin can't help them regarding that matter. Bitcoin has a set of requirements as you can see so not everyone can really use it unless they fulfilled it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Hodlvcl

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:45:13 PM

No, bitcoin cannot end world povert, on a worldwide scale, bitcoin users are still very few even its popular now. There are many countries that suffer extreme poverty that having an internet connection is a scarse, so people in there are less likely to use or earn bitcoins. Well, bitcoin can help a lot of people, it gives them a lot off opportunity to earn money just by having internet and a laptop or smartphone.

Yep, I agree with you. I think bitcoin has slowed down, my friend has lost a lot of money for trading Bitcoin
EtherSportz

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:02:48 PM

No, this is total nonsense. The normal rules of supply and demand (and this applies to currency in the form of inflation) still exist. As a thought experiment, suppose you gave everyone 100,000 bitcoin tomorrow (which is obviously far beyond what we're talking about here). Let me ask you a question then, would anyone be willing to do anything for .00001 bitcoin at that point? Of course not. No one is going to pick apples, work at a grocery store or gas station, be a plumber, etc, for what, for them, has suddenly become essentially pennies in comparison to their sudden imagined wealth. People would still work, but suddenly they are going to want more. Good would still be sold, but they'd suddenly sell for more. This suddenly deflates how much that 100,000 bitcoin was worth. The existence of crypto doesn't solve the fundamentals of economics anymore then the existence of any other new currency that might suddenly come into existence would. What crypto does do is give people access to goods and services worldwide without having to to exchange their currency between a middle man, while simultaneously making them active speculators (when you hold USD you're not actively thinking about its relationship to Euros on a day to day basis - for crypto, you are). This, though, creates as many opportunities as it does risk, which doesn't lead to a world where poverty doesn't exist - it leads to a world where certain people are either lucky or smart and make money on market moves, while other people are unlucky or dumb and get screwed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: