Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:37:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FAILCoin | Stay tuned: We have an ongoing discussion for a relaunch  (Read 62010 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 07:23:59 PM

hi, may I suggest a small logo, simple just to pick up the color, do you mind?

Hello,

Of course nobody would mind. Thank you for your efforts!

Cheers,
Spartak

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bekasto

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2016, 08:23:45 PM

https://file-up.net/big_24fca2086e1de1ae6720160807221904.html

here is embodied the idea of something like this, can change everything, but the idea seems clear
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2016, 09:00:49 PM

https://file-up.net/big_24fca2086e1de1ae6720160807221904.html

here is embodied the idea of something like this, can change everything, but the idea seems clear

Hello,

Thank you for you suggestion, but the idea is to have a simpler, yet funny logo. You wrote FAIL twice in yours, which is not needed. You can see all sugestions in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555342.0

Thanks again,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 09:22:25 AM

My newest suggestions:

Reminder: Discussion thread about our new FailCommunity logo is located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555342.0

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 11:09:52 AM

Hello,

We have some news for you. About a week ago I posted this:

In the past several weeks I am discussing FAIL involvement in a project, which might have a huge impact to the cryptocurrency world. Several members of our team already know some things (but not everything).

Stay FAILed! (i.e. tuned)

Now I'm going reveal some things (though I will not mention names). A famous bitcointalk user contacted me more than a month ago and he wanted us to talk about something. It was later revealed that he and number of other people are planning to launch a project, which can indeed have a huge impact to the world of cryptocurrencies. We first started to get to know each other, talked about life, beer and pretty much everything. At a later time he told me that he is following FAIL and that he liked our honesty (his words, not mine). He wanted us to get involved in the marketing of their project and we first shared some opinions and discussed some strategies. I'll be honest with you and I will tell you that I was pretty excited, because he also offered FAIL (as a cryptocurrency) to join the project  and promised help (for the coding part). I also shared some of the stuff with part of our team and I was thinking that our struggling will finally over, but all of this turned out to be a utter bullshit...

I've discovered that a guy with some background in scams is involved in their project and he then started babbling (not sure if I have to use this word) when I shared my concerns with him. He agreed with me and he talked with some other guy from their team, but after that he started to talk nonsenses. I was invited, because I can spot the scams, he just wanted to chat with me and some other yada yada, which I honestly don't remember.

Bottom line is that we continue on our own!

I haven't heard from pnoch in the past 5-6 days so I assume we have no news (except that the 32 bit version is ready) regarding development of our new wallet. We will release the wallet once we are sure that we have Win 32, 64 bit and OSX working versions.

We continue to accept votes/proposals on/about our new FaiLCommunity logo. The thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555342.0. Few hours ago I talked with our designer Isaac, but he will be probably inactive for some time as he is now in the Netherlands to study. Smiley

Finally, I would like to point out that the hosting of our block explorer expired 37 days ago and I'm not sure how to express my gratitude to fairglu (CryptoID's owner) who is still keeping it alive... Personally I am flat broke and currently I can't afford to pay about the hosting, but if some of you want to help, here is the way:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/fail/
BTC: 1BBhk24CBNZqixmcrgJMg9pdqtHHNdhiwS

P.S. FAIL team members are FORBIDDEN to send funds to that address! All of you did enough!
P.S.2. The guy/s who want to help can send me a PM with the amount/s and I'll try to make it up on a later time.

Best regards,
Spartak Tomanov

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 11:47:18 AM

That was fast. Someone already send 0.0050 BTC to the explorer's BTC address, but no PM yet. I just hope that he is not one of our team members, because he'll be in trouble. Smiley

Thank you for the help!

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:22:41 PM

Finally, I would like to point out that the hosting of our block explorer expired 37 days ago and I'm not sure how to express my gratitude to fairglu (CryptoID's owner) who is still keeping it alive... Personally I am flat broke and currently I can't afford to pay about the hosting, but if some of you want to help, here is the way:

BTC: 1BBhk24CBNZqixmcrgJMg9pdqtHHNdhiwS

Bud, we need to keep it going. I've got some BTC spare, let me know how much is needed.

You said the below:

P.S. FAIL team members are FORBIDDEN to send funds to that address! All of you did enough!
P.S.2. The guy/s who want to help can send me a PM with the amount/s and I'll try to make it up on a later time.

You have done more than enough! I'm willing to help! Also I may be able to get another block explorer up for us......just waiting to hear back of the guy but not heard off him for about a month!!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2016, 12:48:19 PM

Hey, Adam,

Buddy, NO! I already know the guy who first send the 0.005 BTC for the block explorer. His registration on the forum is like 4-5 months old and he said he only has a few FAIL coins. If some of the people here on the forum (or most likely some of the FAIL holders) decides to help, then its all good. But you are the last person on Earth who should send BTC for the explorer! If we don't get enough funds and fairglu decides to take the explorer down, well, we can pay about it on a later time.

Cheers,
Spartak

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 12:11:53 AM

Hey, Adam,

Buddy, NO! I already know the guy who first send the 0.005 BTC for the block explorer. His registration on the forum is like 4-5 months old and he said he only has a few FAIL coins. If some of the people here on the forum (or most likely some of the FAIL holders) decides to help, then its all good. But you are the last person on Earth who should send BTC for the explorer! If we don't get enough funds and fairglu decides to take the explorer down, well, we can pay about it on a later time.

Cheers,
Spartak

Ok bud, but any issues come too me  Grin

Take care

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 11:03:46 AM

Hey,

I have a new example for the logo:

Keep in mind that the discussion thread about the logo is located @ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555342.0

P.S. Only one donation for the block explorer is made. I hope that more people would help us.

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 09:23:28 AM

Hello,

Yesterday I had a conversation with our lead developer Panoch and we discussed the PoS part of FAIL. He insisted that our next release must be worthwhile and that is why we are going to try to put as much of the latest tech as we can. In the last few days I am researching VeriCoin, while Panoch thinks we should use BlackCoin's fork. Here comes the bad part, there is a 99.9% chance for FAIL to be hard forked. Sad I am thinking about a way (which I still haven't discussed with our team members) to avoid that, but as of now there is nothing worthy to be shared with you and ask about opinions.

Today is the 25th birthday of the World Wide Web. You can tweet to https://twitter.com/timberners_lee (the inventor) to express your gratitude, or you can just retweed ours: https://twitter.com/FAILCommunity/status/767998927891234816

Now something about our current situation.

The hashrate (as we speak) of FAIL is 1.58 MH. I'm not sure what to say about that. There are a lot people out there with some dusty gridseeds, which have low electricity costs. What are you waiting for? We are going to make the new release and we are going to try develop our cryptocurrency and community with or without you. That I could guarantee! But you are making things harder! Its not all about profits and that is why we are at the current situation. Put some hashrate, help us, and who knows... you may make some ROI. At least you will try and isn't what cryptocurrencies are all about? Working/helping for a greater (than us) good?   

The situation with the block explorer is pretty much the same. Only one donation (from an indonesian member of the FailCommunity FB group), worth 0.005 BTC was made. Personally I have send more than 1 million coins (which represents like 4.8% of the entire supply) for free. Probably 20-30% of them to people, which were late for the swap and I wasn't even asking them for proofs. We can pay for the explorer, its not a big issue, but I think we should see some efforts from other holders or just people who like us for some reason. Would you rather us to make a team meeting, discuss some "marketing" strategies, buy 150 accounts, pay for exchanges and reap as much money as we can? Then we could just say "Oh, well... it was a FailCoin after all."... I'd rather die (so does any of our team members... for that I'm sure...)!!!

Here's the link to the explorer: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/fail/
Here's the Bitcoin address: 1BBhk24CBNZqixmcrgJMg9pdqtHHNdhiwS

We are still trying to create our new FailCommunity logo: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555342.0. I will repeat to those of you who forgot (or just don't care) that we are going to try to develop ourselves as a community with a cryptocurrency. FAIL has its niche (look at the FailArmy channel on YouTube - over 11.3 million subscribers and 3+ billion views) so don't rule us out.

Thank you for your time,
Spartak 

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 11:26:58 AM

Hello,

I've had another conversation with our Lead developer Panoch, who is leaving to China tomorrow to attend a conference. We have discussed our latest release and it seems that it would be really worthwhile. FAIL is going to use the latest BlackCoin tech, which means that currently Panoch is porting FAIL base to v. PoS 3.0. The issue with our new (still not released) 64-bit wallet should be considered as resolved. What to expect?

• A hard fork Sad
  • FailCoin is going to use the latest QT 5.7 (released 16-Jun-2016), with our own unique features
  • OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY (BIP65)
  • Improved synchronization
  • PoS only, with fixed 3% interest (though its not a final decision)

I'll have more "tech explanations" once Panoch is back from China (4-September) and continue to work, but as I already said - we are going to use the latest BC tech (though we are going to change some things). Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid the hard fork and I hope it will be our last one. We will give enough time (2-3 months (we accept suggestions)) for everyone to upgrade before the hard fork kicks in. There will be no reimbursements once the targeted block is reached.

FAIL team will be engaged in the development process, once we make sure that everything is working. You can see that we are not promoting the coin and we will keep this policy, until we have the solid grounds, which the new tech will provide.

Thank you for those who are keeping the network alive. I am watching the hashrate every single day and it varies between 8 and 15 MH. I know its not much, but its still better than 1.58...

We are still trying to create a new FailCommunity logo (though no new attempts were made since Isaac is currently in the Netherlands and he's busy studying). The discussion thread about the logo is located here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1555342.0

FAIL is 40 days behind with the payment for the CryptoID's block exporer. Only one (0.005 BTC) donation was made. I have already said that I don't have the money to pay, nor I will ask any of our team members to do it. If you want to help - THANKS, if not - the block explorer will be eventually taken down and I'll pay the grace period to fairglu (thanks, bud, really) in a later future.

Hosting address: 1BBhk24CBNZqixmcrgJMg9pdqtHHNdhiwS

Kind regards,
Spartak Tomanov

staysecure

Activity: 1472
Merit: 505

We are cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 03:07:37 PM

Hi @spartak i just covered 52 days for FAIL BE hosting to cover the overdue and a few extra paid days now its up to the rest of the FAIL-ers to keep it running.
Cheers Smiley

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2016, 03:27:10 PM

Hi @spartak i just covered 52 days for FAIL BE hosting to cover the overdue and a few extra paid days now its up to the rest of the FAIL-ers to keep it running.
Cheers Smiley

Thanks bud! Will make up with to you as soon as I can. I must say that personally I'm disappointed from the people who were late for the swap and still received significant amount of coins, without asking them to prove ownership. Still see some of them online, but none of them even tried to participate in discussion or anything for that matter. There is one thing, which I want to say to these people: I'm sorry that we are not Monero with $40Mn in trade volume and a $8.60 price per coin.

Ride the waves and forget anything else. And when the time comes, please feel free to dump your "worthless" FAIL. We are fine with that.

Cheers,
Spartak

atomicgroup

Activity: 370

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 02:51:09 PM

I buy fail coin at 35 sat each... send me pm if interesting.. thanks
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2016, 11:12:53 AM

I buy fail coin at 35 sat each... send me pm if interesting.. thanks

That's quite unfair price. Smiley I can name at least 10 abandoned coins with higher price and bigger supply.

atomicgroup

Activity: 370

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:07:06 PM

Speriamo aumenti di valore    Wink
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 07:13:12 PM

Speriamo aumenti di valore    Wink

Maybe on a later time, but still... thanks for you being the only one who is open to trade. Smiley

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 05:48:11 PM

Hello,

I am inviting all FAIL team members to a discussion on slack - https://failcommunity.slack.com/. If anyone else wants to join, please send me a PM with your e-mail.

EDIT: It doesn't have to be right away since you can see the post history on slack. Just drop by to give your opinion when you have the time.

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 10:52:22 AM

Dear FAILers,

We are now with 1000 Twitter followers.

P.S. No fake ones!

FAIL!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: