Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:01:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FAILCoin | Stay tuned: We have an ongoing discussion for a relaunch  (Read 62010 times)
sanitarium616

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:36:49 AM

thanks
i thought i'd post that here on the off chance that a member of the community might know.
raspberry pi uses linux thats been modified to suit the pi and someone has made an os from raspbian that has bitcoin, dogecoin, litecoin and OKcash wallets on it and i'm trying to get failcoin and a few other wallets installed ideally with there guis

Hey,

I think it will not hurt if you launch a new topic in the Hardware section of the forum.
There must be some people who are using same device as you and will be probably able to help you.

Cheers,
Spartak
i've been talking with ppl on the os page trying to get another wallet up and running but i just need to get the gui for that wallet running

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Edward Snowden

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

leaking all info

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:38:28 AM

Dear FAILers,

After several discussions between some of the FAIL team members, and our lead developer pnoch, we have decided to fork FAILCoin and make it 100% PoS. We want to emphasize that this will happen after we complete our work on the new wallet, and we make sure its working properly!

FAILCoin is currently at ~579,400 block and we think that making the fork active after 700,000 - 750,000 block is realistic deadline, but we are not promising anything about timing! Our idea is people to have 1-2 months time (depends on mining difficulty) to update their wallets. If everything is fine, FAIL total supply will be about ~20,500,000 - ~21,000,000 coins with 3% PoS interest.

Now something about our future plans with partners. If you have the new Beta (though we think its better to call it Alpha) wallet, then you can see it has 2 "Partners" tabs for both YouTube and Twitter. Our original (and relitevly stupid Smiley) idea was to add logos/pictures of our future partners in the wallet, with links to their channels/Twitter accounts (or both), but this would mean that we must compile new wallets every time we have a new partner. We have decided to code that part of the wallet as it is in Block explorer tab (see bellow). The wallet will open specific part of our website were our partners will be listed.

There are people who probably want to hear something more about bigger exchanges. We must admit that we tried couple of times to list FAIL on Bittrex, but we failed. It was against our beliefs, which are to talk with bigger exchanges after the coding part is ready, but many people asked us, and we tried. Personally I have said number of times that the idea behind FAILCoin is one of the best in cryptoworld. Why? Because we are targeting (we are supporting cryptocurrencies... its not all about FAILCoin) social networks were 100s of millions people could understand what is cryptocurrency and how they can use it. After the wallet (oh... that wallet! Smiley) is ready, we will start talking with smaller YouTube comedy channels to accept FAIL as a way to reward their subscribers (for example - the most hilarious comments or ideas for new video) or to accept tips. All of this will be funded by us! We will not ask them to buy FAIL, we will send the coins for free! Probably somewhere between 3 and 5,000,000 coins will be send to YouTube and Twitter partners. So far we have some ideas about Facebook and Instagram too, but at the moment we will remain silent. Before all of this we will need bigger exchange/s (sadly or not - most of the people are not trusting smaller exchanges) such as Poloniex, Bittrex, Cryptsy or Coinbase (I'm joking! Smiley), because FAIL first needs to find its initial price (we are currently not even on Coinmarketcap, because there are no trades on EmpoEx and alcurEX). Hopefuly, some of the bigger exchanges will give us a chance.

That's it for now!

Thank you for your time! Stay strong and stay FAILed!

Kind regards,
Spartak Tomanov

This is the right decision. I love POS coins. I'll pick up a few more now.

Got secrets? Tell me!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 05:43:32 AM

Thanks. Just don't tell the government, otherwise we will be followed closely too! Grin

Edward Snowden

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

leaking all info

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:00:32 PM

Thanks. Just don't tell the government, otherwise we will be followed closely too! Grin
They keep good tabs on me now-a-days. No use trying to hide.
We'll still come out victorious. Don't stop doing what you do.

Got secrets? Tell me!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 12:04:20 PM

Happy New Year to all! We wish you all the best! 2016 will be the year of FAIL... stay strong!

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 10:28:55 AM

Happy Birthday to our lead developer pnoch and to me! Smiley

Stay FAILed!

bejjan

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:03:05 PM

Perhaps someone responsible should update the git repo with the PoS only source, I follow github notifications to ensure my wallets are up to date, in this case, FAIL has FAILED. Good job.

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 08:57:46 AM

Perhaps someone responsible should update the git repo with the PoS only source, I follow github notifications to ensure my wallets are up to date, in this case, FAIL has FAILED. Good job.

Hello,

FAIL is not PoS only at the moment. This is a work in progress. We will deliver, despite the fact we are working slowly. 

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2016, 11:45:02 AM

Hey FAILers,

As some of you know, we have decided to make FAIL Full PoS with %2 interest/year. I just had conversation with our lead dev pnoch and we have also decided to put Facebook tab in the wallet. It seems that for now it is not possible to pick up Facebook hashtags and this tab will open just FailCommunity FB page. The wallet and our website will be almost completely redesigned. I will make a mock up of the wallet in the next few days, will discuss it with pnoch and will post it here. In Saturday or Sunday I will have conversation with both batesresearch and Androidicus, regarding developments outside the source code. There is also something else. We have targeted 3 YouTube channels to be our first partners for a start. We made a deal with 2 of them to use FAILCoin. One of them is making scam reviews on binary options, the other is secret for now. Smiley We still haven't talked with the 3rd one, but that will happen as soon as our new wallet is completely ready.

Take care, stay strong and stay FAILed!

Cheers,
Spartak 

sanitarium616

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:42:18 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 07:14:06 PM by sanitarium616

i've managed to get the failcoin wallet to start installing in linux from the source code on github but had to add the obj folder in src.
would it be possible to add it to the code

edit:
it failed due to msse2 isnt compatible with the pi,
after changing the code with:
     DEFINES += HAVE_BUILD_INFO
 }

-# If we have an arm device, we can't use sse2, so define as thumb
+# If we have an ARM device, we can't use SSE2 instructions, so don't try to use them
 # Because of scrypt_mine.cpp, we also have to add a compile
 #     flag that states we *really* don't have SSE
-# Otherwise, assume sse2 exists
-!equals($$QMAKE_HOST.arch, armv7l) {
-    message(FOUND host = $$QMAKE_HOST.arch)
-    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -DNOSSE
+QMAKE_XCPUARCH = $$QMAKE_HOST.arch
+equals(QMAKE_XCPUARCH, armv7l) {
+    message(Building without SSE2 support)
+   QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -DNOSSE
+    QMAKE_CFLAGS += -DNOSSE
+}
+else:equals(QMAKE_XCPUARCH, armv6l) {
+    message(Building without SSE2 support)
+   QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -DNOSSE
     QMAKE_CFLAGS += -DNOSSE
 }
 else {
+    message(Building with SSE2 support)
     QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -msse2
     QMAKE_CFLAGS += -msse2
 }

but now i get:
src/qt/bitcoingui.h:4:23: fatal error: QMainWindow: no such file or directory
 #include <QMainWindow>
                                    ^
compilation terminated.
makefile:890: recipe for target 'build/bitcoin.o'
make: *** [buildbitcoin.o] error 1

how can i get past this error
thanks
Sani
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 12:37:41 AM

Hey,

FAIL team has another chat this weekend and I'll ask the lead dev about your problem.

Cheers,
Spartak

sanitarium616

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 04:19:15 AM

Hey,

FAIL team has another chat this weekend and I'll ask the lead dev about your problem.

Cheers,
Spartak

cool thank you
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 03:00:27 PM

Hey,

Cheers,
Spartak

cool thank you

Hello,

According to our Lead dev, you are probably missing QT dependencies. His exact words were:

"I think he have done it completely wrong. I did build fail wallet for linux without any problem. He is most likely still missing qt dependencies."

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Spartak

sanitarium616

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 03:32:12 PM

Hey,

Cheers,
Spartak

cool thank you

Hello,

According to our Lead dev, you are probably missing QT dependencies. His exact words were:

"I think he have done it completely wrong. I did build fail wallet for linux without any problem. He is most likely still missing qt dependencies."

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Spartak

cool thanks, what qt dependencies is he using soi can install them?
sanitarium616

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:01:16 PM

Hey,

Cheers,
Spartak

cool thank you

Hello,

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Spartak

cool thanks, what qt dependencies is he using soi can install them?

i got it to install i installed:
sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev

and it installed.
thank you for helping
sani
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 01:15:26 PM

i got it to install i installed:
sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev qt4-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libqrencode-dev

and it installed.
thank you for helping
sani

No more can they keep us in
Listen, damn it, we will win
They see it right, they see it well
But they think this saves us from our hell

Smiley

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 08:37:54 AM

Hey,

Happy March to everyone! In Old English one name for the month of March was “Hlyda” meaning “loud” possibly because of the roaring March winds. This month we are hoping to hear FAILCommunity's FAILCoin roaring. Roll Eyes The design of the new wallet is ready and pnoch is working on the source for several days now. We will update you on how it will look (and work) as soon as we have something more than a pictures. We have also decided to get in touch with YouTube channels who are making social experiments, and that is why, in our next wallet version, there will be Donations tabs for both YouTube and Twitter (unfortunately, for now Facebook is not included, because there is no known way for the wallet to pick up FB hashtags). The idea is simple. For example, you watched some video with a homeless guy, which fate deeply moved you and you want to help. A FAILCoin's wallet address could be included in the description of the video and you can send coins there for let's say one month. After the 30-day period is over, the creator of the video can sell the coins and give the money to the homeless guy. Those channels will be also provided with significant amounts of free FAIL coins, which they can use whatever they want to. Same goes for Twitter. There will be "Donations" tabs bellow both Twitter and YouTube. They will pick up #FAILTwitterDonation & #FAILYouTubeDonation hashtags. When you click on the tab, you will be able to see all the tweets in one place so it will be easier for you to participate (if you want to).
Next month, our member batesresearch is organizing cryptocurrency event, which will be held in Manchester (England) on April 8th & 9th. We will make sure to be ready before that, because there is a strong chance for FAILCoin to be mentioned there. You can follow the event here: http://twitter.com/CoinFestUK!

Best regards,
Spartak Tomanov   

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 07:53:16 AM

Dear FAILers,

It has been 2 years since FAILCoin was launched so today is our second birthday! Our team will continue to support FAIL no matter what. We wish you good health, much happiness and to be good with each other, because humanity needs improvements if we want to see a better world. You can congratulate us on Twitter, Facebook or Reddit if you want to.

And of course - happy women's day to all the girls in crypto! Smiley

Stay strong and stay FAILed!

Best regards,
Spartak 

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 02:59:27 PM

Hello,

Soon we are going to have some good news regarding FAILCoin development, future and exposure. Stay FAILed (tuned)!

Regards,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 11:09:20 PM

FAILCoin is announced as one of the official sponsors of CoinFest UK, which will be held on 8th and 9th April in Manchester, England! All heil FAIL!

Regards,
Spartak

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: