Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PPC] PPCoin Released! - First Long-Term Energy-Efficient Crypto-Currency  (Read 684596 times)
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:07:05 AM

Anyone got any step by step instructions to setting up mining on PPCoin??? I have got the script all working fine and the wallet updating with the latests blocks and transactions... but I just can't seem to get a miner configured correctly..  Any help and i'll donate the first Block I successfully mine.

Regards

Peter

https://github.com/ppcoin/ppcoin/wiki/Installation

All that tells me is...

"You should be able to use most bitcoin miners. RPC port default is 9902 for ppcoind"

but this does not tell me how to point my miner at the PPCoin blockchain or if i need to set up a config file to tell it where to send my solo mined blocks?? sorry little new here and running on both win 7 and win XP (2 comps for testing)

I have got the GUI Miner running for mining BTC in pool mining...
I have got the Scrypt Miner running for mining LTC to pool mining, and solo mining
I have also got each LQC and LTC in built miners working on the wallets...

But not had much success with Reaper miner or a few others... just wondering if there is anyone else who can walk e though their steps for how they got setup to mine.

Many thanks

Peter

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:08:12 AM

I did a git clone of that, using git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bitcoin.git since that is the cloning URL github shows for grabbing that repo; but trying to run the resulting daemon gets an error I have never seen before:
Did you change to the ppocoin branch after cloning?

I have no idea what you mean. I cloned the specified repo and tried to compile. With every other coin I have cloned from github that worked fine.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:10:24 AM

I have no idea what you mean. I cloned the specified repo and tried to compile. With every other coin I have cloned from github that worked fine.
Luke-Jr's changes are in a branch of the repository called 'ppcoin'. You need to do something like:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bitcoin.git ppcoin
cd ppcoin
git checkout -b ppcoin origin/ppcoin
...now you can build ppcoin....
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:10:52 AM

All that tells me is...

"You should be able to use most bitcoin miners. RPC port default is 9902 for ppcoind"

but this does not tell me how to point my miner at the PPCoin blockchain or if i need to set up a config file to tell it where to send my solo mined blocks?? sorry little new here and running on both win 7 and win XP (2 comps for testing)

It is exactly the same as bitcoin except for the port number; use port number 9902.

(And use the rpc username and password you set up for PPCoin instead of those you set up bitcoin to use IF you didnt use the same username and password for both.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:12:36 AM

I am still having the same problem that the ppcoind won't launch properly as I need to create a config file even though I have already done that.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?
//DeaDTerra
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:15:33 AM

Personally I do not use config files, I just have a shell script that sets rpcuser and rpcpassword (and anything/everything else) on the commandline.

I think though you need both the username and the password, just putting one of them doesn't work, or at least for one of them (not sure now which) just using it without the other does not work.

-MarkM-

idev

Activity: 859
Merit: 1004

BTC OG and designer of the BitcoinMarket.com logo

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:16:00 AM

Had PPCD successfully running yesterday, and today when i call it, it just hangs in my shell ?
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:17:46 AM

I am still having the same problem that the ppcoind won't launch properly as I need to create a config file even though I have already done that.
//DeaDTerra

I gave one suggestion above.. and the other one i cam across today installing on new computer was i called it "ppcoin.config"  which was wrong... needs to be "ppcoin.conf"

Also what OS u running it on??

Hope this helps

Peter

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:28:53 AM

Anyone got any step by step instructions to setting up mining on PPCoin??? I have got the script all working fine and the wallet updating with the latests blocks and transactions... but I just can't seem to get a miner configured correctly..  Any help and i'll donate the first Block I successfully mine.

Here is my ppcoin.conf, maybe this helps:

Code:
# ppcoin.conf configuration file. Lines beginning with # are comments.

# JSON-RPC options (for controlling a running Bitcoin/bitcoind process)

# server=1 tells Bitcoin-QT to accept JSON-RPC commands.
server=1

# You must set rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
rpcuser=rcpuser986245
rpcpassword=YourSuperGreatPasswordNumber_DO_NOT_USE_THIS_OR_YOU_WILL_GET_ROBBED_385593

# By default, only RPC connections from localhost are allowed.  Specify
# as many rpcallowip= settings as you like to allow connections from
# other hosts (and you may use * as a wildcard character):
rpcallowip=*

# Listen for RPC connections on this TCP port:
rpcport=9902

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:29:40 AM

//DeaDTerra

I gave one suggestion above.. and the other one i cam across today installing on new computer was i called it "ppcoin.config"  which was wrong... needs to be "ppcoin.conf"

Also what OS u running it on??

Hope this helps

Peter
Hi,
I renamed the file as I had namned it config not conf Tongue
But now it's just loading and I don't get any text at all.
I am running Windows 7 64bits
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:31:27 AM

Code:

server=1

rpcuser=rcpuser986245
rpcpassword=YourSuperGreatPasswordNumber_DO_NOT_USE_THIS_OR_YOU_WILL_GET_ROBBED_385593

rpcallowip=*

rpcport=9902
Thanks I added the two lines with server and port Smiley
//DeaDTerra
FuzzyBear
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:39:12 AM

Code:

server=1

rpcuser=rcpuser986245

rpcallowip=*

rpcport=9902
//DeaDTerra

Ok excellent this is u up and running to a degree that I am at Smiley

If you load the directory C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Application Data\PPCoin

and open the "debug.log" file in something like Notepad++ then u will see the log file update and ur wallet catch up with all the block transactions.

I can't get it running in deamon ... but i believe this is a linux thing... just to give you some command line controlls??? is this correct?? or is there something I am missing here?

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:42:31 AM

Code:

server=1

rpcuser=rcpuser986245

rpcallowip=*

rpcport=9902
//DeaDTerra

Ok excellent this is u up and running to a degree that I am at Smiley

If you load the directory C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Application Data\PPCoin

and open the "debug.log" file in something like Notepad++ then u will see the log file update and ur wallet catch up with all the block transactions.

I can't get it running in deamon ... but i believe this is a linux thing... just to give you some command line controlls??? is this correct?? or is there something I am missing here?
Okay thank you for the help Smiley
Now how do I start mining? xD
//DeaDTerra
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 11:53:44 AM

A daemon is what Windows maybe refers to as a "system service".

So when you succeed in launching the daemon, it should just go into the background, so you get your commandline prompt back ready to enter other commands.

To send commands to the deamon, you use the same program (ppcoind in this case), but do not use daemon flag, so it does not go into background to become the deamon; instead, it sends commands to the daemon. So you'd do "ppcoind getinfo" to have it ask the copy that is running as deamon for info, "ppcoind help" to get a list of such commands, "ppcoind -help" to get a list of switches (negative sign followed by a letter or keyword) you can use when starting it, etc.

NOTE this likely means you should not say deamon in the config file, because only when you first start a copy as a daemon will you want it to go into background as a deamon; from then on when you run it to send a transfer or to ask for a list of transactions or whatever, you want it to stay in foreground get info from the copy that is in background and show you the results...

So normally you would on boot up of machine do ppcoind -daemon to start the deamon, then thereafter just use it to do commands that it does by communicating with that deamon copy you originally started that lives in background 24/7 maintaining the blockchain.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 12:35:14 PM

I did that branch thing, but the result is even worse, it spews vast number of errors.

First it complained that -Wformat-security is ignored since -Wformat was not specified. I fixed that, but then it started spewing stuff that seems as if it ought to be about a GUI app not about the daemon at all:

Code:
g++ -pthread -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-char-subscripts -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DNOPCH -I../../deps/include -I/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src -DUSE_UPNP=0 -DUSE_SSL -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -O2 -o bitcoind obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/script.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o   -L../../deps/lib -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system-mt -l boost_filesystem-mt -l boost_program_options-mt -l boost_thread-mt -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread
obj/db.o: In function `CAddrMan::Add(std::vector<CAddress, std::allocator<CAddress> > const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:433: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Add_(CAddress const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)'
obj/db.o: In function `CAddrInfo::GetNewBucket(std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> > const&) const':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:84: undefined reference to `CAddrInfo::GetNewBucket(std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> > const&, CNetAddr const&) const'
obj/db.o: In function `void CAddrMan::Unserialize<CDataStream>(CDataStream&, int, int)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:247: undefined reference to `CAddrInfo::GetTriedBucket(std::vector<unsigned char, std::allocator<unsigned char> > const&) const'
obj/init.o: In function `AppInit2(int, char**)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:244: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:244: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
obj/init.o:/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:244: more undefined references to `_(char const*)' follow
obj/init.o: In function `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_data() const':
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.6.3/../../../../include/c++/4.6.3/bits/basic_string.h:288: undefined reference to `CLIENT_DATE'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:362: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:362: undefined reference to `InitMessage(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:366: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:369: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:369: undefined reference to `InitMessage(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:350: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:350: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:350: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:385: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:385: undefined reference to `InitMessage(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:405: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:431: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:434: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:454: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:454: undefined reference to `InitMessage(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:461: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:461: undefined reference to `InitMessage(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:473: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:473: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:373: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:420: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:399: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:401: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:401: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:560: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:560: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:396: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:394: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
obj/init.o: In function `CAddrMan::Add(CAddress const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:417: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Add_(CAddress const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:529: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:529: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:529: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:584: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:584: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:584: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:580: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:580: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:580: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:612: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:612: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:612: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:592: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:592: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:592: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:600: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:600: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/init.cpp:600: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
obj/main.o: In function `CheckDiskSpace(unsigned long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.cpp:2168: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.cpp:2171: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
obj/main.o: In function `CAlert::AppliesToMe() const':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.h:1683: undefined reference to `CLIENT_NAME'
obj/main.o: In function `InvalidChainFound':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.cpp:972: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
obj/main.o: In function `CAlert::ProcessAlert()':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.cpp:2519: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
obj/main.o: In function `CBlock::AddToBlockIndex(unsigned int, unsigned int)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.cpp:1848: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
obj/main.o: In function `CAddrMan::Good(CService const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:447: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Good_(CService const&, long long)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.h:1683: undefined reference to `CLIENT_NAME'
obj/main.o: In function `CAddrMan::Add(CAddress const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:417: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Add_(CAddress const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)'
obj/main.o: In function `CAddrMan::Add(std::vector<CAddress, std::allocator<CAddress> > const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:433: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Add_(CAddress const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)'
obj/main.o: In function `CAddrMan::GetAddr()':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:484: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::GetAddr_(std::vector<CAddress, std::allocator<CAddress> >&)'
obj/main.o: In function `CAddrMan::Good(CService const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:447: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Good_(CService const&, long long)'
obj/main.o: In function `__static_initialization_and_destruction_0':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/main.cpp:2412: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
obj/net.o: In function `BindListenPort(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/net.cpp:1503: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
obj/net.o: In function `CAddrMan::Connected(CService const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:496: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Connected_(CService const&, long long)'
obj/net.o: In function `CAddrMan::Add(std::vector<CAddress, std::allocator<CAddress> > const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)':
obj/net.o: In function `CNode::PushVersion()':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/net.cpp:407: undefined reference to `CLIENT_NAME'
obj/net.o: In function `ThreadSocketHandler2(void*)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/net.cpp:567: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
obj/net.o: In function `CAddrMan::Attempt(CService const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:458: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Attempt_(CService const&, long long)'
obj/net.o: In function `CAddrMan::Select(int)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/addrman.h:471: undefined reference to `CAddrMan::Select_(int)'
obj/net.o: In function `CAddrMan::Add(std::vector<CAddress, std::allocator<CAddress> > const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)':
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `GetAccountBalance(CWalletDB&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:766: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::GetAccountCreditDebit(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `backupwallet(std::vector<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::allocator<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > const&, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:1525: undefined reference to `BackupWallet(CWallet const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `CallRPC(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::vector<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::allocator<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > const&)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2806: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `CAlert::AppliesToMe() const':
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `listaccounts(std::vector<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::allocator<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > const&, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:1408: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::ListAccountCreditDebit(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::list<CAccountingEntry, std::allocator<CAccountingEntry> >&)'
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `GetAccountAddress(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:419: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::ReadAccount(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, CAccount&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:446: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::WriteAccount(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, CAccount const&)'
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `movecmd(std::vector<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::allocator<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > const&, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:861: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::WriteAccountingEntry(CAccountingEntry const&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:870: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::WriteAccountingEntry(CAccountingEntry const&)'
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `ThreadRPCServer2(void*)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2614: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2627: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2627: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2627: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2616: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2648: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2648: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:2648: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `listtransactions(std::vector<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::allocator<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > const&, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/bitcoinrpc.cpp:1331: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::ListAccountCreditDebit(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::list<CAccountingEntry, std::allocator<CAccountingEntry> >&)'
obj/rpcdump.o: In function `importprivkey(std::vector<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >, std::allocator<json_spirit::Value_impl<json_spirit::Config_vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > > > > const&, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/rpcdump.cpp:77: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
obj/util.o: In function `FormatFullVersion()':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/util.cpp:1107: undefined reference to `CLIENT_BUILD'
obj/util.o: In function `AddTimeData(CNetAddr const&, long long)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/util.cpp:1074: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/util.cpp:1077: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeMessageBox(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::LoadWallet(bool&)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1427: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::LoadWallet(CWallet*)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CreateThread':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/util.h:711: undefined reference to `ThreadFlushWalletDB(void*)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::SetAddressBookName(CBitcoinAddress const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1452: undefined reference to `AddressBookRepaint()'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1455: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::WriteName(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::AddToWallet(CWalletTx const&)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:390: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::DelAddressBookName(CBitcoinAddress const&)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1461: undefined reference to `AddressBookRepaint()'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1464: undefined reference to `CWalletDB::EraseName(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::CommitTransaction(CWalletTx&, CReserveKey&)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1357: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::SendMoney(CScript, long long, CWalletTx&, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1377: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1385: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1371: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1398: undefined reference to `MainFrameRepaint()'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1387: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1392: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1392: undefined reference to `ThreadSafeAskFee(long long, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1396: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
obj/wallet.o: In function `CWallet::SendMoneyToBitcoinAddress(CBitcoinAddress const&, long long, CWalletTx&, bool)':
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1410: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
/usr/src/bitcoin/ppcoin-lukejr-git/src/wallet.cpp:1408: undefined reference to `_(char const*)'
obj/irc.o: In function `CAddrMan::Add(CAddress const&, CNetAddr const&, long long)':
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [bitcoind] Error 1

-MarkM-

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:10:26 PM

Just start ppcoind in the first dos command prompt window, open a second command prompt and execute something like 'ppcoind -server getinfo'

jothan

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Feel the coffee, be the coffee.

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:37:28 PM

The website suffers from Mystery Meat Navigation badly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_meat_navigation

Bitcoin: the only currency you can store directly into your brain.

What this planet needs is a good 0.0005 BTC US nickel.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 05:00:12 PM

The centrally broadcasted checkpoints mechanism sounds like an extremely bad idea, do you concede that the entity that controls this mechanism can easily mount double-spending attacks? The whole point of proof-of-stake is that the stakeholders would establish the checkpoints in a distributed fashion, which can be done.

Luke-Jr, how come this centrally broadcasted checkpoints mechanism passed your scam smell-test so easily?
Their paper admits this is a problem, and implies it is temporary.

Finally, a real non-scam altcoin! I'm not about to endorse it just yet, and time will tell if scammers turn it into a scamcoin, but it looks promising so far. Maybe if it keeps clean I'll even add support to Eligius in a few weeks Wink

Also, I've created a branch with the latest bugfixes from Bitcoin-Qt 0.6.x.

I did a git clone of that, using git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bitcoin.git since that is the cloning URL github shows for grabbing that repo; but trying to run the resulting daemon gets an error I have never seen before:
GitHub kinda sucks for this... try:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/luke-jr/bitcoin.git ppcoin -b ppcoin
Then build it like you do Bitcoin-Qt or bitcoind...  no idea what the later errors you had are related to tho Sad

punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 05:00:42 PM

It's kinda cute, but the GTA4 Liberty City map as bg befuzzles me.

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
maaku
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 05:08:07 PM

It's kinda cute, but the GTA4 Liberty City map as bg befuzzles me.
I noticed that too. I guess the image that best represents PPCoin is grand theft?

I'm an independent developer working on bitcoin-core, making my living off community donations.
If you like my work, please consider donating yourself: 13snZ4ZyCzaL7358SmgvHGC9AxskqumNxP
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: