Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:31:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] S.DICE - SatoshiDICE 100% Dividend-Paying Asset on MPEx  (Read 316159 times)
Fizzgig

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 07:24:49 PM

Looks like the second batch of 5 million shares @ 0.0034 btc (Aug 25, Midnight GMT) has not sold out.
If I understand it correctly, you still have 4.9 mill share ask wall at 0.0034.

Correct. About $300k worth of bitcoins is what it would take to sell out the remaining ~7.9 million shares.

Best Bitcoin supported browser game:
Minethings: Dig, Trade, and Fight your way to influence!
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 07:26:37 PM

reason I am asking is simple: What happens to your pass through?
You are going to dump another 3 million shares @ 0.0037 btc on Aug 26, Midnight GMT, while you still have 26767 available @ 0.0034.

I will keep purchasing the cheapest shares possible on MPex and selling then for 1:1 so if there are shares left for 0.0034 then GSDPT will go for the same Smiley
//DeaDTerra
misterbigg
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 08:23:22 PM

What Erik is doing is distributing the future profits (thus his risk/exposure holding satoshi dice) in turn gaining more capital now so that he can focus on other things which will enrich himself and the bitcoin community.

Right, I'm not questioning the concept of issuing shares. I'm just saying, that staggering the prices seems like a gimmick. What does the staggering of prices have to do with the fundamentals of the corporation?
Fizzgig

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:21:10 PM

Oh, I think I see what you are saying. I have a better explanation, Erik probably is in the bitcoin mindset so deeply that everyone who adopts early should be rewarded for doing so. He is rewarding the first 2 million shareholders for being the first. Just like Satoshi did with Bitcoin.

What is going to happen almost certainly is that the price will rise immediately after the IPO once a few months profits start showing. There won't be a better time to get into this than now, and he knows it. He's doing this entire thing as a way to enrich holders of bitcoin and create a massively powerful economy. The more investing with bitcoin, the more value bitcoin has, he knows it but he can't say that. He can only be 100% transparent in his dealings and let the rest of us figure it out.

Disclaimer: These are only my own personal feelings as I saw the news of this IPO while considering Erik's past achievements. We will see in time if the value is actually there so make up your own mind.

Best Bitcoin supported browser game:
Minethings: Dig, Trade, and Fight your way to influence!
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:24:51 PM

Oh, I think I see what you are saying. I have a better explanation, Erik probably is in the bitcoin mindset so deeply that everyone who adopts early should be rewarded for doing so. He is rewarding the first 2 million shareholders for being the first. Just like Satoshi did with Bitcoin.

What is going to happen almost certainly is that the price will rise immediately after the IPO once a few months profits start showing. There won't be a better time to get into this than now, and he knows it. He's doing this entire thing as a way to enrich holders of bitcoin and create a massively powerful economy. The more investing with bitcoin, the more value bitcoin has, he knows it but he can't say that. He can only be 100% transparent in his dealings and let the rest of us figure it out.

Disclaimer: These are only my own personal feelings as I saw the news of this IPO while considering Erik's past achievements. We will see in time if the value is actually there so make up your own mind.
SatoshiDice itself is low-risk, but MPEX is high-risk. Compounded, the risk is likely too high for the price to rise above the IPO. I think that the third tier IPO is priced way too high. These are my personal feelings, and the reason why I am currently sold out in GSDPT.
cedus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:22:30 AM

So it is thus accurate to say that I prefer 32k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE, but I would not prefer 15k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE. My investment preference only shifts to the BTC at the 32k for 10% exchange rate. Further, I wouldn’t sell another 10% for an additional 32k btc, for at that margin my preference shifts back to SD.

If some portion of the Bitcoin investment world has a matching inverse time preference to to mine, and is thus willing to pay 32k BTC for 10% of SD, then we all have a deal and the exchange is made. Otherwise, my exchange preference and that of the market do not align, and we continue on as we were.

Are you planning to call off this IPO since the second tranche is practically untouched after 24 hrs and the third one should also be released by any moment now? Seems like your conditions above (emphasis mine) are not going to be met.

What price you're going to use when buying back shares? I mean, if someone is now buying in for .0034 and then you decide to cancel the IPO and buy back for .0032 there's immediate 6% loss (plus possible MPEx/GLBSE fees etc). Didn't find a clause for this when glancing over the conditions.
dree12
Legendary

Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:31:32 AM

So it is thus accurate to say that I prefer 32k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE, but I would not prefer 15k BTC instead of 10% of SatoshiDICE. My investment preference only shifts to the BTC at the 32k for 10% exchange rate. Further, I wouldn’t sell another 10% for an additional 32k btc, for at that margin my preference shifts back to SD.

If some portion of the Bitcoin investment world has a matching inverse time preference to to mine, and is thus willing to pay 32k BTC for 10% of SD, then we all have a deal and the exchange is made. Otherwise, my exchange preference and that of the market do not align, and we continue on as we were.

Are you planning to call off this IPO since the second tranche is practically untouched after 24 hrs and the third one should also be released by any moment now? Seems like your conditions above (emphasis mine) are not going to be met.

What price you're going to use when buying back shares? I mean, if someone is now buying in for .0034 and then you decide to cancel the IPO and buy back for .0032 there's immediate 6% loss (plus possible MPEx/GLBSE fees etc). Didn't find a clause for this when glancing over the conditions.
The second IPO should succeed still. I think there is a very low chance the third would, considering how GSDPT volume has dried up and MPEX is disgusting.
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:53:36 AM

Are you planning to call off this IPO since the second tranche is practically untouched after 24 hrs and the third one should also be released by any moment now?

Why didn't he just auction the shares in blocks of 1,000,000? Every 3 days he could put up a million shares, people would bid on them and then at the expiration of the auction the first million shares of the highest priced bids would win and pay. Then he could do that again until the entire lot was sold.

I'm almost certainly that the final selling price per share would be less than 0.0032BTC.

My investment preference only shifts to the BTC at the 32k for 10% exchange rate.

Translation: S.DICE shares are worth less than 0.0032BTC
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:40:48 AM

What price you're going to use when buying back shares?

cancel whatever is left or not, is there an obligation to buy back any?  the service can operate profitably with only 2% of shares held publicly just as it could with 10%, right?
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:33:30 AM

No intention of "calling off" anything. If shares don't get bought, then I get to keep the dividends to myself. No biggie.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 07:05:40 AM

Who gave you advice on how to structure and sell your IPO?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
cedus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 07:17:29 AM

No intention of "calling off" anything. If shares don't get bought, then I get to keep the dividends to myself. No biggie.

Ok. Just thought you might have something particular in mind for which you need exactly 32k (personal or fixed 3.2k budgeted for that ad campaign, now it's only getting 640 btc).

What about those remaining shares, keeping them for sale or removing after certain period of time?

Might even end up buying some shares after all. Wink Have really mixed feelings about this IPO though, let's see what happens.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 07:56:34 AM

Actually it is a biggie to you and not for the investors.
If you do not buy those shares personally from the IPO, you can not get the dividends. As simple as that.
If part of the IPO is not sold out, shares will be "bought back" or more like held by the company (not you as a person) and those shares become so called treasury stock. Treasury stock will be excluded form dividend payments and have no voting right etc and are not part of the SD equity (in your balance sheet). 
Option #2 is, you cancel the left over shares and by that you reduce the number of the total outstanding shares.
Option #3 You cancel the whole issue and return the money to IPO participants at the price they bought the shares. 
Like I mentioned before, you got greedy Smiley and this moron, who advised you on your IPO, has no idea what he is doing or did.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 08:22:27 AM

I hope you arent going to transfer unsold shares to your own account because that would be fraud, because thats the only way you can earn dividends from them.

EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:32:50 AM

come to think of it, you actually have added "Free riding" to your IPO.
LOL...
And now I like to know, why did you let people to trade your shares BEFORE! the IPO was complete (in half, full, canceled).

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 08:53:02 AM

if you only sell 6% of the company then only 6% of profits will be paid as dividends ?

FreeMoney
Legendary

Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 09:43:50 AM

If you do not buy those shares personally from the IPO, you can not get the dividends. As simple as that.
If part of the IPO is not sold out, shares will be "bought back" or more like held by the company (not you as a person) and those shares become so called treasury stock. Treasury stock will be excluded form dividend payments and have no voting right etc and are not part of the SD equity (in your balance sheet). 
Option #2 is, you cancel the left over shares and by that you reduce the number of the total outstanding shares.
Option #3 You cancel the whole issue and return the money to IPO participants at the price they bought the shares. 
Like I mentioned before, you got greedy Smiley and this moron, who advised you on your IPO, has no idea what he is doing or did.

He already owns them, it makes no difference if he pays himself or not.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:15:56 AM

He already owns them, it makes no difference if he pays himself or not.

Yes, you are correct, if the share sold in this IPO are not sold by SatoshiDICE, but by sole owner evoorhees.  
In this case, no money is going to SD at all.
For some reason, I was under the impression, that the IPO (initial public offering) is organised by SD.
Lets not confuse the company and the owner of the company. Those are considered 2 separate entities.  

freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 12:38:24 PM

It's already specified that the shares offered in this IPO have no voting rights.  Even if the shares had voting rights, evoorhees is only offering 10% of the company ownership to the public, so it wouldn't matter either way.  All you're buying with these shares is a non-guaranteed revenue stream.
misterbigg
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:26:22 PM

So can we call this IPO a flop yet or what? I see only the first batch of shares sold (almost).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: