Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:25:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4]  (Read 379544 times)
Brexitbar

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:11:34 PM

Am i right in saying the windows wallet is snookered but you can send 8bit coins to a vps based wallet and can run the Masternode that way?
zidansz

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:48:51 AM

have windows wallet alt link?
link from first post is

Code:
Error (429)
This link is temporarily disabled. The person who shared it hit their daily limit of traffic or downloads. Learn about traffic limits.

SamyYhamy

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:14:51 PM

I would like to setup more than one masternode with only one wallet (only one time 112 8bit).
Question 1: Is it possible ?
If yes,
Question 2: Do I have to compile a modified version of my wallet ?
Question 3: Could you please give me informations on how can I do it ? Or give me a link ?
Thx
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:40:36 AM

Each MN need 112.
bakra

Activity: 75
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:45:39 PM

I would like to setup more than one masternode with only one wallet (only one time 112 8bit).
If yes,
Question 3: Could you please give me informations on how can I do it ? Or give me a link ?
Thx

You can try this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028119.msg20238850;topicseen#msg20238850

I know there is one more solution here were you have to modify another file but I can't find it now.
bakra

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:57:43 PM

When I restart my masternode will it be at the bottom of the list for paying reward again?
When it doesn't payout I restart it, but I'm wondering if that will be wise or that it will go back to the end of the row for paying again
robello

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:57:31 PM

Hi, i try to follow the guide for masternode. all ok i download file from mega, now when i start 8bitd return me this error

Error: Invalid masternodeprivkey. Please see documenation.

Someone can help?

Thank you
slavadp1

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:49:48 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 01:04:30 AM by slavadp1

Please tell me how much interest brings the Masternode a day, if I buy coins 8BITS in the amount of 112 coins ?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:55:58 AM

If yes,
Thx
Answer to question 1: of course - not!
If it were possible, that would have defeated the main purpose of masternode.

When I restart my masternode will it be at the bottom of the list for paying reward again?
When it doesn't payout I restart it, but I'm wondering if that will be wise or that it will go back to the end of the row for paying again
That's an interesting question. I really don't know the answer too. Maybe the dev could shed some light.

Hi, i try to follow the guide for masternode. all ok i download file from mega, now when i start 8bitd return me this error

Its hard to tell without having all the details. Most probably you did a mistake when following the guide. Which guide did you follow, btw? The error message means the 'masternodeprivkey' mentioned in the 8bit.conf file, does not belong to your wallet. Did you generate it yourself?

... this space is not for rent ...
robello

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:07:29 AM

Its hard to tell without having all the details. Most probably you did a mistake when following the guide. Which guide did you follow, btw? The error message means the 'masternodeprivkey' mentioned in the 8bit.conf file, does not belong to your wallet. Did you generate it yourself?

[/quote]

Hi thanks for your reply, i follow the tutorial at page 287 of this topic, and use a digital ocean droplets 20$. Ubuntu 16

Compiled without error and put the blockchain data on the correct folder.

I don't have generated masternode. How i can do with cli?

drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:17:54 PM

Hi thanks for your reply, i follow the tutorial at page 287 of this topic, and use a digital ocean droplets 20$. Ubuntu 16

Compiled without error and put the blockchain data on the correct folder.

I don't have generated masternode. How i can do with cli?

If you don't run masternode, but just a normal wallet, then delete the "masternode=1" line from your 8bit.conf (or set it to masternode=0)

If you want to run masternode, then you can do that with cli, using the very same tutorial on the page 287. It uses cli only, and it is quite good.

shixd8899

Activity: 350
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:48:09 AM

Why do I see so many people saying that the project is dead? Is it nothing to do in the last segment of the project?
bakra

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:09:04 PM

I have one wallet controlling multiple masternodes.
Can I use this wallet for staking as well or do I need a separate wallet for staking?

Do you use that wallet only for controlling masternodes (start/stop etc), or also for running them? In other words, do all your masternodes use a single (the same) datadir, and do you run just single instance of 8bitd daemon opening multiple TCP ports (one per MN)?

On the vps they have their own datadir. Up untill now the local wallets had their own datadir as well. As that uses too much resources I compiled a wallet that can control multiple masternodes from one wallet.
I have to see if it works as expected because I set it up yesterday for one wallet to test. Did not receive rewards yet. If it works I'm going to control the other wallets on the vps from the same local wallet

Ok, thanks for clearing this up! I was wondering if there is a way to run multiple masternodes using just a single hot wallet. I was trying to figure that out few years back and found it is impossible, so your previous message confused me a bit.

The setup you have now - multiple hot wallets for MN (with 0 coins sitting there), and a single cold wallet (with all the coins) controlling the MNs - is exactly what I was using back then - and it worked perfectly, so yours should work too if everything is correct.

How to see from which hot wallet the rewards are coming? All incoming rewards have the same name so how can I see that all MN's are paying rewards?

Well, as far as I remember, the rewards are payed to the masternode collateral address. So you could check your masternode collateral address balances, and see if they are bigger than 112, and by how much...

I got 4 MN's on the vps and 1 controller wallet.
When, in the controller wallet I type " masternode start-many" I get the following reply:

{
"overall" : "Successfully started 4 masternodes, failed to start 0, total 4",
"detail" : {
"status" : {
"alias" : "MN8BIT1",
"result" : "succesful"
},
"alias" : "MN8BIT2",
},
"alias" : "MN8BIT3",
},
"alias" : "MN8BIT4",
}
}
}

But since 4 days MN2 payed 4 times, MN1 payed once and the other two didn't pay at all.

Any suggestions how to see what is going wrong?
drays
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:45:00 PM

Can I use this wallet for staking as well or do I need a separate wallet for staking?

Do you use that wallet only for controlling masternodes (start/stop etc), or also for running them? In other words, do all your masternodes use a single (the same) datadir, and do you run just single instance of 8bitd daemon opening multiple TCP ports (one per MN)?

On the vps they have their own datadir. Up untill now the local wallets had their own datadir as well. As that uses too much resources I compiled a wallet that can control multiple masternodes from one wallet.
I have to see if it works as expected because I set it up yesterday for one wallet to test. Did not receive rewards yet. If it works I'm going to control the other wallets on the vps from the same local wallet

Ok, thanks for clearing this up! I was wondering if there is a way to run multiple masternodes using just a single hot wallet. I was trying to figure that out few years back and found it is impossible, so your previous message confused me a bit.

The setup you have now - multiple hot wallets for MN (with 0 coins sitting there), and a single cold wallet (with all the coins) controlling the MNs - is exactly what I was using back then - and it worked perfectly, so yours should work too if everything is correct.

How to see from which hot wallet the rewards are coming? All incoming rewards have the same name so how can I see that all MN's are paying rewards?

Well, as far as I remember, the rewards are payed to the masternode collateral address. So you could check your masternode collateral address balances, and see if they are bigger than 112, and by how much...

When, in the controller wallet I type " masternode start-many" I get the following reply:

{
},
},
},
}
}
}

But since 4 days MN2 payed 4 times, MN1 payed once and the other two didn't pay at all.

Are all the MN's working on the same machine? If they are on different network segments, it is possible some staking wallets do see them, others don't.

In any case this has to do with propagation of the masternode info inside the 8bit network. As far as I could see, this is random, so running MN on current 8bit network is kind of a gamble.
The dev may have deeper insight though.

In any case I just hope the new codebase will be out soon. The existing one is tricky, whimsical and unpredictable, and I personally like it for being such Smiley.
But I know not everyone likes it that way, so new codebase could make things more fair and more predictable...

bakra

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:38:58 PM

{
},
},
},
}
}
}

Are all the MN's working on the same machine? If they are on different network segments, it is possible some staking wallets do see them, others don't.

In any case this has to do with propagation of the masternode info inside the 8bit network. As far as I could see, this is random, so running MN on current 8bit network is kind of a gamble.
The dev may have deeper insight though.

In any case I just hope the new codebase will be out soon. The existing one is tricky, whimsical and unpredictable, and I personally like it for being such Smiley.
But I know not everyone likes it that way, so new codebase could make things more fair and more predictable...

MN1, MN2 and MN3 are running on one vps, MN4 is running on another one.
Before they all had they're own controlling wallet and where paying out all 4 of them.
After trying to control all 4 with one controlling wallet this trouble started.
After starting them they all appear in masternode-list, but after some time some of them disappear.
Will they propagate after waiting some time or won't they at all?
Is there a way to get them all properly propagated on the 8bit network?
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 08:23:10 PM

Issue `masternode list` from time to time to see if all your masternodes are present on the list.

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
bakra

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:32:12 PM

Issue `masternode list` from time to time to see if all your masternodes are present on the list.

After starting them they all appear in masternode-list, but after some time some of them disappear. Most of the time already the same day.
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:55:03 PM

I would also check in debug log. may be something interesting there.
SamyYhamy

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:29:18 AM

I didn't understand when barka said : "I have one wallet controlling multiple masternodes.", I thought I need only 112 8bit to control multiple masternode but it is not.
Thank you for responding barka and drays.
8-bit-Party
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:33:15 PM

After starting them they all appear in masternode-list, but after some time some of them disappear. Most of the time already the same day.

What if you manually re-run start-many? Do they return? If so, the dirty mitigation is to run this command within an infinite loop (with some reasonable delay to avoid useless processing).

8-BIT PARTY 16-BIT PARTY DEMOSCENE FTW
Pages: « 1 ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: