Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🆗[ANN]Okcash[OK] ✅OK v8 OK Heroes ✅Trust Wallet ✅9 networks ✅multi-chain ✅web3  (Read 458196 times)
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:16:35 PM

Mobile first is going to be the strategy for mass adoption, and the app that gets people transacting with their friends, without inputting hex addresses is on to a winner.

I absolutely agree.

Absolutely agreed, making Okcash easier to use to the average user is one of core values in the Okcash vision,
while we continue to work towards this goal, we try and provide different tools for users, as we believe the
final decision should be user based on what system fits/works better for them.

At this moment you can already do this within OK Discord, you get assigned an Okcash and Bitcoin wallet as soon as you join,
from there you just need to deposit some coins and you become able to send any amount of coin you want to another person,
without the need of knowing their OK address, you only need to know the name and sent it to him in a form of tip.

example: .tip @user 100 Okcash

or change the currency to BTC and use the same method.

Feel free to join and test it out while meeting some of the community members, you can join with any of this links:

https://discord.gg/grvpc8c
https://discord.io/cryptocurrency
https://discord.io/btc
https://discord.io/ok
https://discord.io/okcash
https://discord.io/bitcoin-btc

Thanks OKToshi. I think you and the team have done amazing things so far and I have faith you'll bring us all to even greater heights in the future. I'm just trying to throw out ideas or share my thoughts with the hopes of making it better for all and inspiring conversation of what might be possible.

I would like to add that while Discord may have that functionality, I would not count the app as something likely to be adopted by an every day user. If a user has to learn syntax, even the simplest of syntax, I think a lot of people would find that overwhelming and just move on. I'm embarrassed to say this, but even I found it confusing with all the commands I saw people typing, and I could never find a help menu to explain what they were doing, so I uninstalled. (to be fair, I'm not into chatting, so that had something to do with it too)

What I imagine being adoptable is not .tip @user 100 Okcash, but something as brainless as clicking a button to select an address, typing in an OK amount, clicking a send button, etc. Like, if selecting contacts was as easy as selecting cryptos at ShapeShift, that would be sweet. JMHO. That is all. Smiley

Thank you for sharing your experience and your feedback is what helps us improve day by day.
I get the idea of what you mean now, we will continue to work towards the goal of making it easier for the users, and this is a very nice point to be taken into consideration to achieve this goal.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gapjustin

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:03:07 AM

Mobile first is going to be the strategy for mass adoption, and the app that gets people transacting with their friends, without inputting hex addresses is on to a winner.

I absolutely agree.

Absolutely agreed, making Okcash easier to use to the average user is one of core values in the Okcash vision,
while we continue to work towards this goal, we try and provide different tools for users, as we believe the
final decision should be user based on what system fits/works better for them.

At this moment you can already do this within OK Discord, you get assigned an Okcash and Bitcoin wallet as soon as you join,
from there you just need to deposit some coins and you become able to send any amount of coin you want to another person,
without the need of knowing their OK address, you only need to know the name and sent it to him in a form of tip.

example: .tip @user 100 Okcash

or change the currency to BTC and use the same method.

Feel free to join and test it out while meeting some of the community members, you can join with any of this links:

https://discord.gg/grvpc8c
https://discord.io/cryptocurrency
https://discord.io/btc
https://discord.io/ok
https://discord.io/okcash
https://discord.io/bitcoin-btc

Thanks OKToshi. I think you and the team have done amazing things so far and I have faith you'll bring us all to even greater heights in the future. I'm just trying to throw out ideas or share my thoughts with the hopes of making it better for all and inspiring conversation of what might be possible.

I would like to add that while Discord may have that functionality, I would not count the app as something likely to be adopted by an every day user. If a user has to learn syntax, even the simplest of syntax, I think a lot of people would find that overwhelming and just move on. I'm embarrassed to say this, but even I found it confusing with all the commands I saw people typing, and I could never find a help menu to explain what they were doing, so I uninstalled. (to be fair, I'm not into chatting, so that had something to do with it too)

What I imagine being adoptable is not .tip @user 100 Okcash, but something as brainless as clicking a button to select an address, typing in an OK amount, clicking a send button, etc. Like, if selecting contacts was as easy as selecting cryptos at ShapeShift, that would be sweet. JMHO. That is all. Smiley

Unfortunately I can not change the discord app at all. But I have tried to keep the commands simple and with enough help avaiable, if you send ".help" as a message then you will see a list of commands you are able to do. However the most important ones are ".balance" ".withdraw" ".deposit" and ".tip"
Balance, withdraw and deposit should be obvious and .tip is the command you use for sending OK to others, if you use ".tip" it'll give you a quick explanation on how to use the command.

Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 11:53:21 AM

The never ceasing OKToshi ... my most favourite developer in cryptoland.

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
DERCRYPTOGERMANBRO

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Get BTC or die tryin'

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 07:27:59 PM

Finally got the OKCash Cards today    Grin

If you are interested in helping to spread the word about OKCash just dm me on discord and i will organize you some cards to give away!   Smiley

code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 07:52:16 PM

When you check - https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-OK there is huge move, Do you know why?!

THx
sannyday

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:12:12 PM

Hey, idk, but I've come across this coin a few weeks ago and it really got me interested. Seems like one of those under the radar things that looks promising. I mean it's probably not gonna go crazy, but I'm pretty sure it can go up to 1-2$ in a few months. Especially with all the cryptocraze lately. Idk, I might just buy some for myself, it's pretty cheap now Smiley
oneredpanther

Activity: 48

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:07:09 PM

Something big is going to happen. I can't say what, but I've been part of OKC since almost the beginning, so believe me when I say that the recent buy will soon look like a very good deal.
sannyday

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:29:43 PM

Wow, I think I've discovered a new world! Cheesy really, this looks pretty cool, how come it's not more popular? They have solid infrastructure already for such a small coin. I like it. At least it doesn't look like one of those hyped coins so seems more trustworthy.

I think I'm really gonna buy some. What exchanges do you guys recommend? I hear Poloniex is really bad, like lot of people posting complaints about it, dunno... maybe Bittrex? Or some other suggestions? Would appreciate it thx.
sannyday

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:35:56 PM

oneredpanther - really?? I haven't seen your post when I was writing mine. Yeah, it seems like it. I've been watching some developments around it lately plus look how cheap it still is. Even if you buy just a bit it's not that big investment and could have nice return Smiley I mean, probably not something crazy like 100x but maybe 5-10x looks realistic. Plus I get the feeling, like most people dont know about it so much. haha, I'm totally telling my friends about it.
vogelvogel030

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:30:36 AM

I cant see any of these ICO's anymore  Roll Eyes

<3<3~~[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅OK)̲̅$̲̅]~[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅OK)̲̅$̲̅]~[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅OK)̲̅$̲̅]~~<3<3
vogelvogel030

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 12:33:39 AM

oneredpanther - really?? I haven't seen your post when I was writing mine. Yeah, it seems like it. I've been watching some developments around it lately plus look how cheap it still is. Even if you buy just a bit it's not that big investment and could have nice return Smiley I mean, probably not something crazy like 100x but maybe 5-10x looks realistic. Plus I get the feeling, like most people dont know about it so much. haha, I'm totally telling my friends about it.

if its going to 2.5$ its 100x for me Wink
fadingin

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:58:57 AM

Unfortunately I can not change the discord app at all. But I have tried to keep the commands simple and with enough help avaiable, if you send ".help" as a message then you will see a list of commands you are able to do. However the most important ones are ".balance" ".withdraw" ".deposit" and ".tip"
Balance, withdraw and deposit should be obvious and .tip is the command you use for sending OK to others, if you use ".tip" it'll give you a quick explanation on how to use the command.

OkToshi, Shbour, gapjustin...please know anything I say here is not meant to knock anyone down maliciously. I'm just a user who very much wants this to reach greater heights like the rest of you, so I'm offering up my honest thoughts on my experience. Discord seems to be working well for most, which is great. But, for me, it kind of felt like I was watching people play text based computer games in the era of Xbox One and PS4. I hope that's a good enough analogy for what I was trying to convey. I guess I just really want to see OKCash morph into something that is so easy/fun/useful/helpful/etc/etc/etc to use that it attracts the masses. Sometimes as a non-dev, you feel like there's not much more you can do than spread the word, so occasionally I like to share my thoughts/experiences/hopes for the future of this coin too. 

Speaking of spreading the word, if there is anything us chumps can do to help convince more people to use OKCash, please post your best ideas here to give the rest of us some help. For example, how would you convince someone with no knowledge of it to use OKCash? I loved the idea of printing out certificate looking hard wallets for family gifts, but my family is so non-technical that I feared they would go cross-eyed looking at it/me and asking...what do I do with this? And it's those kind of looks that are the reason why I like to bring up stuff like this. (ie: how to make something near universally usable)

Ok, enough outta me. Have a great day, afternoon, night all.

shbour

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:19:40 AM

Wow, I think I've discovered a new world! Cheesy really, this looks pretty cool, how come it's not more popular? They have solid infrastructure already for such a small coin. I like it. At least it doesn't look like one of those hyped coins so seems more trustworthy.

I think I'm really gonna buy some. What exchanges do you guys recommend? I hear Poloniex is really bad, like lot of people posting complaints about it, dunno... maybe Bittrex? Or some other suggestions? Would appreciate it thx.
Very glad you like the coin Cheesy We usually recommand Bittrex when it comes to buy OK
axiomat1c

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:55:21 AM

OkToshi, Shbour, gapjustin...please know anything I say here is not meant to knock anyone down maliciously. I'm just a user who very much wants this to reach greater heights like the rest of you, so I'm offering up my honest thoughts on my experience. Discord seems to be working well for most, which is great. But, for me, it kind of felt like I was watching people play text based computer games in the era of Xbox One and PS4. I hope that's a good enough analogy for what I was trying to convey. I guess I just really want to see OKCash morph into something that is so easy/fun/useful/helpful/etc/etc/etc to use that it attracts the masses. Sometimes as a non-dev, you feel like there's not much more you can do than spread the word, so occasionally I like to share my thoughts/experiences/hopes for the future of this coin too. 

Speaking of spreading the word, if there is anything us chumps can do to help convince more people to use OKCash, please post your best ideas here to give the rest of us some help. For example, how would you convince someone with no knowledge of it to use OKCash? I loved the idea of printing out certificate looking hard wallets for family gifts, but my family is so non-technical that I feared they would go cross-eyed looking at it/me and asking...what do I do with this? And it's those kind of looks that are the reason why I like to bring up stuff like this. (ie: how to make something near universally usable)

Well consider that OKCash is behind ROKOS, with a ton of support.
https://rokos-flavors.space/flavors-tech.html

So OKCash has an edge with IoT, which is important for security and uptime.

It's finding use cases with merchants, and I think it works especially well for digital purchases because of the very low fee and good confirmation times. The community is attracting commerce and games, so I think positioning it as a currency foremost is the best option for now.
sannyday

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:22:10 AM

Cool, thanks, will check it out, I hear good things about Bittrex. Anyways, I think it has lots of good features as is and on top of that the IoT?? like wow. I'm totally going in this for the long run.
DERCRYPTOGERMANBRO

Get BTC or die tryin'

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 08:34:59 AM

Getting some shirts printed  Cheesy

hansolo93

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:50:29 AM

where can i buy 1 of them? Cheesy Shocked
DERCRYPTOGERMANBRO

Get BTC or die tryin'

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 03:03:57 PM

where can i buy 1 of them? Cheesy Shocked

Should be listed end of next week on www.okcart.net  Smiley

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:17:37 PM

Always taken in the best way Wink , is already written down in the user's feedback docs for improvement.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 05:29:05 PM

Finally got the OKCash Cards today    Grin

If you are interested in helping to spread the word about OKCash just dm me on discord and i will organize you some cards to give away!   Smiley

Great job, OK and Bitcoin for Everyone 👌

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: