Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🆗[ANN]Okcash[OK] ✅OK v8 OK Heroes ✅Trust Wallet ✅8 networks ✅multi-chain ✅web3  (Read 458012 times)
OKorator

Activity: 492
Merit: 254

OKCash World-wide Community Leader and Promotions

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2016, 11:16:23 PM

Thanks to all those who could make last weeks, barely announced, and first COMMUNITY MEETING!!!!

Meetings are on Thursdays at 11am PST, 2PM EST, 6 PM GMT.

We are on the discord channel, if you haven't joined yet here's the link.

discord.okcash.co

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

I rain and donate back most funds!  OKorator@gmail.com Twitter: @okcashorator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 12:02:27 AM

Thanks to all those who could make last weeks, barely announced, and first COMMUNITY MEETING!!!!

I just heard about the meeting ... next time we'll be there

I was busy ...

Travelling from Thursday but I'll be around after to join the party Cheesy

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 12:29:36 AM

http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/topic,1889.0.html
https://twitter.com/OKCashCrypto/status/780549190074130432

Join the Wordwide OK Airdrop

Register for the "OKCash Airdrop" Event over: http://communityevents.okcash.co

Share with your friends and family!

Participants Win 50 Okcash in the Airdrop and get a chance to participate for gifts with their registration.
Be an early adopter for the new Technology of Okcash and Bitcoin and start using or creating new services with the most reliable cryptocurrencies Today.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
jovanajez

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:05:24 AM

I was busy ...

https://i.imgur.com/ZXSMH94.png?1

Do not miss the party  Wink
jovanajez

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 02:28:06 PM

I was busy ...

https://i.imgur.com/ZXSMH94.png?1

https://saltworkstudio.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/many-cats.jpg
OKorator

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 08:10:07 PM

I was busy ...

All cats and people welcome Smiley

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:40:25 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2016, 09:33:47 PM by drays

Straight up this don't happen with any other coin, so don't blame hardware, just not going to put up with that .... it's the one and only coin I have ever had do it, on top of which it happens on all platforms, again, don't blame hardware. Don't mean to be rude, I am asking for a fix to this, not to have my hardware be blamed for something no other coin has ever had the problem of.... thanks for your input

Besides the fact OkPay is PoS coin, which could add to the number of wallet operations, it might happen this has to do with OKCash wallet being "HD wallet" - based on a newer version of Bitcoin core. Most other altcoins still use older sources, which may handle wallet IO operations differently. Do you run other coins having HD wallets?

BTW, just an additional note regarding wallets on Pi (as you mentioned you have one) - I hope you do not run wallets from SD card. Running any kind of coin wallet on SD card will eventually kill the card very quickly, so you will end up with damaged filesystem after next boot-up (regardless of it being caused by hard- or soft-reset). I have killed few SD cards that way before moving the wallet directories to external USB or NFS HDD. I don't know how you run your RPi, so this is just my advice to everyone - never run coin wallets from SD card. This means - do not keep coin directory (where the wallet.dat and blockchain files are located) on the SD card!!

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers! Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
OKorator

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2016, 09:22:20 PM

Straight up this don't happen with any other coin, so don't blame hardware, just not going to put up with that .... it's the one and only coin I have ever had do it, on top of which it happens on all platforms, again, don't blame hardware. Don't mean to be rude, I am asking for a fix to this, not to have my hardware be blamed for something no other coin has ever had the problem of.... thanks for your input

Besides the fact OkPay is PoS coin, which could add to te number of wallet operations, it might happen this has to do with OKCash wallet being "HD wallet" - based on a newer version of Bitcoin core. Most other altcoins still use older sources, which may handle wallet IO operations differently. Do you run other coins having HD wallets?

BTW, just an additional note regarding wallets on Pi (as you mentioned you have one) - I hope you do not run wallets from SD card. Running any kind of coin wallet on SD card will eventually kill the card very quickly, so you will end up with damaged filesystem after next boot-up (regardless of it being caused by hard- or soft-reset). I have killed few SD cards that way before moving the wallet directories to external USB or NFS HDD. I don't know how you run your RPi, so this is just my advice to everyone - never run coin wallets from SD card This mean - do not keep coin directory (where the wallet.dat and blockchain files are located) on the SD card!!

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers! Smiley

Great advice, only killed one SD card and luckily saved my wallet.  Run from HD for sure Smiley

eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:23:59 PM

Besides the fact OkPay is PoS coin, which could add to te number of wallet operations, it might happen this has to do with OKCash wallet being "HD wallet" - based on a newer version of Bitcoin core. Most other altcoins still use older sources, which may handle wallet IO operations differently. Do you run other coins having HD wallets?

BTW, just an additional note regarding wallets on Pi (as you mentioned you have one) - I hope you do not run wallets from SD card. Running any kind of coin wallet on SD card will eventually kill the card very quickly, so you will end up with damaged filesystem after next boot-up (regardless of it being caused by hard- or soft-reset). I have killed few SD cards that way before moving the wallet directories to external USB or NFS HDD. I don't know how you run your RPi, so this is just my advice to everyone - never run coin wallets from SD card This mean - do not keep coin directory (where the wallet.dat and blockchain files are located) on the SD card!!

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers! Smiley

Great advice, only killed one SD card and luckily saved my wallet.  Run from HD for sure Smiley

OK, I will out myself as an SD-card-on-a-RPi-staker.
I am running my wallet with a SANDISK-ultra on a RPi2 24/7 for over a year and without any problems.
I do backup the data directory as a zipped tar-archive from time to time (the wallet should be backed up anyways - whether HD or SD).

The SANDISK card is quite foregiving with powerfailures - though I had only one in the last year - but no corruption of the card after rebooting.

But there are a few things, that should be done before running the wallet.:

- completely deinstall dphys-swapfile - one could only deactivate it, but after rebooting swapping would be active again.
Swapping is a bad idea, at least on an SD-card, because when your memory gets exhausted and the card starts swapping data, it only furthers the slowdown until at a certain point your wallet cannot stay synced and either shuts down or gets unresponsive and you need to kill the process. It could also get worse and your hole system gets unresponsive and you need to pull the power-plug to shut it down and reboot.
So if you would need to swap on your SBC, because memory gets exhausted, you better use a SBC with more accessible memory instead of using a swapfile.

-I use a minimal installation (Raspbian minimal for the RPi) and compile the daemon, not the qt-wallet.
Lesser processes means lesser read/write cycles.

-When starting the daemon, I use '-printtoconsole > /dev/zero'. There is ofcourse no log at all, but that is exactly what I want anyways.

I do not intend to give advice to run your wallet as I do.
I just want to say, that I will continue running my wallet from SD-Card. If you are running from a HD, there is barely an advantage in using a SBC over a PC, because power consumption of your HD will probably be more than double the consumption of your SBC.
So you could as well use a PC for staking.

Thanks for reading,
 Smiley
OKorator

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2016, 11:01:40 PM

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers! Smiley

As long as your wallet.dat is backed up, all ok! 

drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 08:56:09 PM

- completely deinstall dphys-swapfile - one could only deactivate it, but after rebooting swapping would be active again.
Swapping is a bad idea, at least on an SD-card, because when your memory gets exhausted and the card starts swapping data, it only furthers the slowdown until at a certain point your wallet cannot stay synced and either shuts down or gets unresponsive and you need to kill the process. It could also get worse and your hole system gets unresponsive and you need to pull the power-plug to shut it down and reboot.
So if you would need to swap on your SBC, because memory gets exhausted, you better use a SBC with more accessible memory instead of using a swapfile.

-I use a minimal installation (Raspbian minimal for the RPi) and compile the daemon, not the qt-wallet.
Lesser processes means lesser read/write cycles.

-When starting the daemon, I use '-printtoconsole > /dev/zero'. There is ofcourse no log at all, but that is exactly what I want anyways.

Really excellent points. I agree 100%. Tried to use '-printtoconsole > /dev/zero', but I need those logs, so turned them back eventually.

Then again, Sandisk cards are the best cards on the market, period. We didn't test all brands for sure, but have tested many and Sandisk is unmatched. You will run Sandisk much longer than any other brand, before it gets corrupted.

One question though - it looks like you run only one staking wallet on that SBC - that may be the reason why your card is still working after a year. I tend to run as many wallets as RAM/Storage allow - at least 4 per device, and that could contribute to the SD card damage.

In any case, my conclusion after several tests is the following: if someone runs many staking wallets, the most economical and safe way is to run many SBC's connected to a switch, where you also have one SBC with relatively big HDD connected and shared via NFS. You will run just a single HDD (power consumption is pretty low for a single HDD, or moreover SSD), but can run as many staking wallets as you want.

... this space is not for rent ...
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 11:08:41 PM

Greetings folks

I hear you missed me ... awwww ... you guys are the best. Fear not though, for I have arrived in London after a pretty freaking epic flight.

I saw a blue cloud .. BLUE cloud over the Alps and 2 of the 3 hours were bathed in the most awe-inspiring colours of the rainbow across the almost clear skies, with a few fluffy clouds coloured red and that blue one.

Also I became an uncle 2 days ago. This will be a good month Smiley

Just wanted to give you a fair warning before I come on Discord finally and now I have a week in London with not very much to do ... muahahah .. I mean ...see you there Smiley

Did I mention there are 4 others in my dev team now and are going to come on Discord? Wink

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
OKorator

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2016, 11:16:05 PM

Greetings folks

I hear you missed me ... awwww ... you guys are the best. Fear not though, for I have arrived in London after a pretty freaking epic flight.

I saw a blue cloud .. BLUE cloud over the Alps and 2 of the 3 hours were bathed in the most awe-inspiring colours of the rainbow across the almost clear skies, with a few fluffy clouds coloured red and that blue one.

Also I became an uncle 2 days ago. This will be a good month Smiley

Just wanted to give you a fair warning before I come on Discord finally and now I have a week in London with not very much to do ... muahahah .. I mean ...see you there Smiley

Did I mention there are 4 others in my dev team now and are going to come on Discord? Wink

Good to hear! Smiley

You'll love the meme's we came up with today.  Looking forward to meeting the new team Smiley

jovanajez

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 08:23:16 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2016, 08:27:39 AM by jovanajez

Hi to all.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2W2GtbYznXU1-SwekKmCYhXQCu4ipYZxW_o2-wH9Z2XhJ5cKl

is a great day for work and thinking, there's no sun, only the gray clouds, which are a good factor for productivity ...
OKorator

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 03:18:03 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 07:22:40 PM by OKorator

Hi to all.

is a great day for work and thinking, there's no sun, only the gray clouds, which are a good factor for productivity ...

Hello! and wonderful to hear!

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 07:22:39 PM

Welcome to Sign up at the Redesigned OKCashTalk Forums

Discussions, Project advances and development, Giveaways, Contests and more!

Invite your friends and start ranking in your own community forums, is OK

http://okcashtalk.org

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 12:27:07 AM

http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/topic,1894.0.html

OK Rain + wallet vote + community meeting

BIG OKCASH RAIN TOMORROW! UP To 5000 OK Rain in the OKCash Community Meeting!

That's how it works:

1. Vote here for the OKCash Wallet (No Registration needed): https://feedback.userreport.com/636366d1-f461-497d-9d03-0e7444115831/#idea/133464
2. Share it to people you know, friends, family, so they can vote too from their PCs
3. The amount to be rained:

30 Votes = 300 OK Rain
40 Votes = 400 OK Rain
50 Votes = 500 OK Rain
60 Votes = 750 OK Rain
70 Votes = 1000 OK Rain
80 Votes = 1200 OK Rain
90 Votes = 1400 OK Rain
100 Votes = 1800 OK Rain
125 Votes = 2200 OK Rain
150 Votes =  2500 OK Rain
200 Votes = 5000 OK Rain!!!

So it's at us guys to work together and spread the word to get a rainy day tomorrow!!

Thursday 1:00PM central time:  http://discord.me/cryptocurrency over the #community-voice-chat room.

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 07:58:37 PM

OK wallet v4.0.0.1-core v4 Utopia - Released

https://github.com/okcashpro/okcash/releases/latest
OK Wallets v4.0.0.1 core
codename: Utopia
Non-Mandatory

Utopia (/juːˈtoʊpiə/ yoo-TOH-pee-ə) is an imagined ideal community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities. Utopian ideals often place emphasis on egalitarian principles of equality in economics, government and justice, though by no means exclusively, with the method and structure of proposed implementation varying based on ideology.

Change List 05-October-2016 v4.0.0.1-core v4 Utopia

Upgrade compatibility for new versions of upnp (sec / comp)
    Checkpoints (security / maint)
    Code cleanup (graphical interface / maint)
    Updated repository desc. (information)
    New Release for Ubuntu 16

Instructions for previous clients:

Close your OKCash client, replace it with the v4.0.0.1 Okcash files , open your client, done.

(Windows users can use the easy installer to install latest update on top of the old version)

OKorator

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2016, 10:50:24 PM

OK wallet v4.0.0.1-core v4 Utopia - Released

https://github.com/okcashpro/okcash/releases/latest
OK Wallets v4.0.0.1 core
codename: Utopia
Non-Mandatory

Utopia (/juːˈtoʊpiə/ yoo-TOH-pee-ə) is an imagined ideal community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities. Utopian ideals often place emphasis on egalitarian principles of equality in economics, government and justice, though by no means exclusively, with the method and structure of proposed implementation varying based on ideology.

Change List 05-October-2016 v4.0.0.1-core v4 Utopia

Upgrade compatibility for new versions of upnp (sec / comp)
    Checkpoints (security / maint)
    Code cleanup (graphical interface / maint)
    Updated repository desc. (information)
    New Release for Ubuntu 16

Instructions for previous clients:

Close your OKCash client, replace it with the v4.0.0.1 Okcash files , open your client, done.

(Windows users can use the easy installer to install latest update on top of the old version)

Installed and working perfect as always!  Can see the quick adaption too via the block spoiler

bittamak

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2016, 04:27:02 AM

It's good to see the new release 4.0.0.1 and works fine...one of the very few coins to see Dev constantly work on the development of the coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: