Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:10:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🆗[ANN]Okcash[OK] ✅OK v8 OK Heroes ✅Trust Wallet ✅9 networks ✅multi-chain ✅web3  (Read 458193 times)
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 11:34:37 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2016, 11:55:34 AM by kultus

Ok so I bought a shiny new Pi3 and it has wifi built in, I am totally new to this side of coin mining  and Linux,It's all pretty cool, but how do I interface with our home wifi on ROKOS ? (I am a total noob to linux so detailed answers and links to walkthroughs would be great. ty all Smiley

Also, is there any tips and tricks to taking a wallet from windows to Linux

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OKorator

Activity: 492
Merit: 254

OKCash World-wide Community Leader and Promotions

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 06:53:10 PM

I see our top addresses are stacking up while the bittrex wallet decreases daily.  Think we are seeing the exit of a whale only to create bigger badder whales Smiley

Almost back into the full swing guys, have a happy 4th

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

I rain and donate back most funds!  OKorator@gmail.com Twitter: @okcashorator
rmd73

Activity: 385
Merit: 252

Think with your brain. It is not illegal (yet).

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 07:34:17 PM

I see our top addresses are stacking up while the bittrex wallet decreases daily.  Think we are seeing the exit of a whale only to create bigger badder whales Smiley

Hmm... I should buy more now... Where do I find decent priced BTC for fiat?

Orbitcoin (ORB) -- oRMG7Fdft6YiQbn9p9rZpo8VNab9gU3bv4 , OKcash (OK) -- PTiT97X9GkxESiWnpAHA5j46Wb7wz9zdTu ,
Europecoin (ERC) v3 -- EJZwagsubfxn1xeB4JmztAWitgTPty3FzN , BitSend (BSD) -- iMYtWqD3pPVcV4yo9okrN7gixvQ3nRYRnz
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
June 30, 2016, 08:09:37 PM

Ok so I bought a shiny new Pi3 and it has wifi built in, I am totally new to this side of coin mining  and Linux,It's all pretty cool, but how do I interface with our home wifi on ROKOS ? (I am a total noob to linux so detailed answers and links to walkthroughs would be great. ty all Smiley

https://youtu.be/3GHSqLO0zHM

More tuts coming up later on, hope it helps

Feel free to ask for further assistance in any of your needs
same way can ask for support over: http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/board,39.0.html

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKorator

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 08:10:26 PM

Hmm... I should buy more now... Where do I find decent priced BTC for fiat?

Its pretty tough with bitcoin the way it is.  I use coinbase.

If you like my work, please donate OKcash through our Discord Bot or PD9vUyDVZHxEJDvpDU9h3KDehgGayP4JKH

OKorator

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 08:10:45 PM

same way can ask for support over: http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/board,39.0.html

Thanks Oktoshi this is a great addition!

Tihocan

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:36:09 AM

I just woke up and... another dump  Sad
I wish I had more BTC to buy it  Grin
dirtyboots77

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:26:45 PM

any way to get the wallet installed on  this
https://getchip.com/pages/chip

and if so...instructions to someone completely new to linux?

thanks
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:41:27 PM

any way to get the wallet installed on  this
https://getchip.com/pages/chip

and if so...instructions to someone completely new to linux?

thanks

Very nice little gadget, seems to be alike of the Raspberry Pi zero,
you could try install OK by following this guide: https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/blob/master/tutorials/Update%20Cryptocurrencies%20Client-Nodes%20in%20ROKOS/How%20to%20Update%20my%20Cryptocurrency%20Client%20Node.md

We recommend gadgets and systems with at least 1GB, but yes BTC and OK run on Pi zero and 512mb devices as well,
so will be nice to test it with your new toy, we will start making more video tutorials, feel free to ask further doubts so
maybe we can cover them as well with video.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:43:09 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2019, 10:50:56 AM by OKtoshi

Okcash - Staking calcs improvements to be implemented - LTSS
Improvements to be implemented in PoS calculations to the Okcash Staking System.

original thread: http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/topic,16.0.html

Improvements to be implemented in PoS calculations to the Okcash Staking System.

Updated on: Dec-31-2019

LTSS POS Block Rewards
15 halvings: 69%(Pow/PoS start),
20%(year), 10%(year), 5%(year), 2.5%(year),
22%(year), 11%(year), 6.9%(2 years), 3.9%(2 years), 3.6%(2 years), 3.3%(2 years),
3%(10 years), 2%(10 years), 1%(10 years), 0.69%(10 years),  .33% (forward years [100+])

Okcash POS White Paper: okcash-whitepaper
Okcash LTSS White Paper: okcash-ltss-whitepaper
Okcash SEM White Paper: okcash-sem-whitepaper

*POS - Proof of Stake.
*SEM - Secure Encrypted Messaging.
*LTSS - Long Term Sustainable Staking.
*LTPoW - Long Term Proof of Work.

LTSS PoS calcs to the Okcash Staking System.
LTSS original thread: http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/topic,16.0.html

Technical Sustainability:
In aims to improve the OK system security , sustainability and reliability, while at the same time respecting scarcity and the original PoS expected supply growth proposed in the V1 LTSS WP.

Okcash came up with a solution to empower the system and secure LTSS.
Bitcoin has LTPoW lasting till the year 2140. OK LTTS (staking) will be lasting till the year 2148.
Making Okcash the best PoS partner for Bitcoin and Micro Transactions.

Following the Original schedule of expected distribution proposed on the V1 LTSS WP, and based on the past performance of the OK Network / Users / Staking for the first 5 years of Okcash,
we have improved and refined the LTSS System by fixing the halving periods based on past performance and future expectation of the Staking Network Percentage in the system to match the original Proof of Stake expected growth.

Economics: 15planned halvings will help stabilize and secure the network and appreciation as they kick in.
This system proposes: 6 halvings with a 1 year period, 4 halvings with a 2 years period, and 5 halvings with a 10years + period.
This halvings have been fixed to a 33.33 % / 16 .66 % and 10 % expectancy of staking network based on past 5 years performance of the OK chain.
After the 15th halving OK gets a fixated % (after year 2070*), this will normalize the OK network, help secure the chain growth and improve the distribution with the participants of the network , giving Okcash a constant and long term growth with organic appreciation.

* 501,257 blocks per year average.

Last OK coins to be PoS mined expected between years 2148 - 2XXX depending on the % of Network Staking.

Clean readable OK Staking % Calc - Improvements table: https://i.imgur.com/2XxJL6q.png

Full Long Term Staking Whitepaper: https://github.com/okcashpro/okcash-whitepapers/blob/master/LTSS/okcash-long-term-staking-whitepaper.pdf

oneredpanther

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 11:10:28 PM

Excellent job on the staking schedule! Also impressed with the recent price performance! Shocked
Varvarin
Legendary

Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000

No good deed goes unpunished

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 11:17:48 AM

Excellent job on the staking schedule! Also impressed with the recent price performance! Shocked

Good work just comes naturally to OKToshi ... I'm sure his back hurts from all the pats he receives  Grin

As for price .. in the immortal words of .... someone I can't think who it was ... "you ain't seen nothing yet"

Coinmarket Cat prowls once again.
https://twitter.com/VarvarinEMC2
OKorator

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2016, 03:37:08 PM

Good work just comes naturally to OKToshi ... I'm sure his back hurts from all the pats he receives  Grin

As for price .. in the immortal words of .... someone I can't think who it was ... "you ain't seen nothing yet"

Ain't seen nothing yet

https://g.co/kgs/3bP7kd

kultus

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 05:57:25 AM

Thank you for your responce, I have it all up and going, but I cannot get a USB card to work in the Pi so I can put my wallet.dat on there and start staking. Sad I thought it would just be like windows and I could plug and play my way to the card, but maybe no ? I am told it is, but 4 cards later, cards plugged in from turning on... nothing Sad can I bypass this step and maybe install the file right onto the SD card ? would prefer to learn how to kick my USB into gear and get it going though, would make backing up a hell of a lot easier Smiley thanks

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 07:17:38 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2016, 07:28:50 AM by OKtoshi

Thank you for your responce, I have it all up and going, but I cannot get a USB card to work in the Pi so I can put my wallet.dat on there and start staking. Sad I thought it would just be like windows and I could plug and play my way to the card, but maybe no ? I am told it is, but 4 cards later, cards plugged in from turning on... nothing Sad can I bypass this step and maybe install the file right onto the SD card ? would prefer to learn how to kick my USB into gear and get it going though, would make backing up a hell of a lot easier Smiley thanks

They are auto detected (mounted)

Do:

1.- Plug the USB
2.- Go to the /media/usb  folder (you will see all your usb content)

and if want to securely remove the USB do:

1.- Open a terminal and type:    sudo umount /media/usb
2.- Remove USB

OKorator

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 05:59:12 PM

When the price stays but volume continues.... blocks like this are a good good sign...

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ok/block.dws?792444.htm

Coins are drying up on trex, we would like a polo addition ;-)

kultus

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:09:00 AM

Thank you Toshi, your explanation was super easy. I have now got my wallet setup and have staked 5 times since your last message Smiley 7 watts ....I am amazed, I have mined with GPUs, I have had OK on my laptop, 293 watts less out of 300  to use the Pi love it! Can you make it easy to understand the difference between Client and full node and what are the benefits / shortfalls of running either ?

DERCRYPTOGERMANBRO

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Get BTC or die tryin'

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2016, 11:30:45 AM

Great price recovery! Seems like people are accumulating lots of OK  Cheesy

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 10:11:50 PM

Thank you Toshi, your explanation was super easy. I have now got my wallet setup and have staked 5 times since your last message Smiley 7 watts ....I am amazed, I have mined with GPUs, I have had OK on my laptop, 293 watts less out of 300  to use the Pi love it! Can you make it easy to understand the difference between Client and full node and what are the benefits / shortfalls of running either ?

Awesome, and yes IoT + OK rules, the most energy friendly device and fast and sustainable currency.

About Clients, nodes, fullnodes in easy terms:

The OK Nodes are (non graphical wallet) and Clients are (Graphical wallets)

Both of this use the Full blockchain, meaning both of them are Fullnodes.

The ones that are not fullnodes are the ones that use thin clients or electrum servers, like Coinomi and most android multiwallets.

Some Web wallets do use electrum servers as well, as this ones does not parse and save the whole chain, this can not be fullnodes.

Fullnodes help secure the network by keeping a full copy of the blockchain, while the electrum servers alike just make use of it.

Hope it helps, feel free to ask any further doubt.

kultus

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:49:41 AM

Awesome, and yes IoT + OK rules, the most energy friendly device and fast and sustainable currency.

About Clients, nodes, fullnodes in easy terms:

The OK Nodes are (non graphical wallet) and Clients are (Graphical wallets)

Both of this use the Full blockchain, meaning both of them are Fullnodes.

The ones that are not fullnodes are the ones that use thin clients or electrum servers, like Coinomi and most android multiwallets.

Some Web wallets do use electrum servers as well, as this ones does not parse and save the whole chain, this can not be fullnodes.

Fullnodes help secure the network by keeping a full copy of the blockchain, while the electrum servers alike just make use of it.

Hope it helps, feel free to ask any further doubt.

Awesome, that did it, thanks Toshi. you're awesome Smiley got me near 100k of your coins and aiming to acquire more as I can afford them Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: