Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENRG]Energycoin will be connected with StakeCoin for value creation!  (Read 172604 times)
jalmari

Activity: 814
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 03:23:11 PM

Btw, if I would circulate all my coins thru another wallet e.g. an exchange, would it increase the probability to mint?

Hello jalmari,

If you mean you want to combine all your coins, you don't need to use an exchange at all.

You can create a new address inside your EnergyCoin client, and then send all your coins to that address in one go, generally using "Send coins" in GUI or the command "sendtoaddress" in console.

Remember to backup your wallet everytime you create any new address.

There is a even better way. You can custom your stake size using our new "sendsplit" function. Similar to what Brian has done: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/enrg/tx.dws?4238637.htm

For example, if you want to make your stake size 9888 x 10 (just an example) and you have more than 98880 ENRG in your wallet, run in console:

Code:
sendsplit eXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX '{"count":10,"amount":9888}'

where eXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is your new ENRG address.

Then if you don't want to split too often, run in console:

Code:
stakesplitthreshold 5000

Peter

Thanks for the advice, I have to test these...

Ok, I have no applied these instructions. Interesting to see what happens!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▀▀██████████▄▄
▄█████████▀▀          ▀▀█████████▄
██████▀▀        ▄▄        ▀▀██████
██████      ▄▄██████▄▄      ██████
██████    ██████████████    ██████
██████      ▀▀██████▀▀      ██████
██████          ▀▀        ▄▄██████
▀█████    ▄▄          ▄▄█████████▀
   ▀▀█    ████▄▄ ▄▄██████████▀▀
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
    KryptKoin rebranded to Phore   
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
PoS 3.0  –  Masternodes  –  Zerocoin

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
 ▄████████▀▀      ▀▀████████▄
▐█████▀▀              ▀▀█████▌
▐████       ▄▄██▄▄       ████▌
▐████    ▄██████████▄    ████▌
▐████    ████████████    ████▌
▐████    ▀██████████▀    ████▌
▐████       ▀▀██▀▀       ████▌
 ▀███                 ▄▄█████▌
    ▀    █▄▄      ▄▄████████▀
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
EnergyCoinDev

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

The EnergyCoin and Energyparty Developer

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:25:36 AM

Btw, if I would circulate all my coins thru another wallet e.g. an exchange, would it increase the probability to mint?

Hello jalmari,

If you mean you want to combine all your coins, you don't need to use an exchange at all.

You can create a new address inside your EnergyCoin client, and then send all your coins to that address in one go, generally using "Send coins" in GUI or the command "sendtoaddress" in console.

There is a even better way. You can custom your stake size using our new "sendsplit" function. Similar to what Brian has done: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/enrg/tx.dws?4238637.htm

For example, if you want to make your stake size 9888 x 10 (just an example) and you have more than 98880 ENRG in your wallet, run in console:

Code:

Code:
stakesplitthreshold 5000

Peter

Hello jalmari,

Not sure what advice you have applied (or not applied). Just hope you can find a way to put your wallet online more often.

Because our rule is clear and simple now: everyone needs to be online more to get more PoS rewards.

Peter

Official EnergyCoin website
Follow us on Twitter, Bitcointalk or Reddit
Donation: ePvnQvX5RbzDCzt3qSB5TmBz89BJMvpG46
jalmari

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 03:36:55 PM

Hello jalmari,

Code:

Code:
stakesplitthreshold 5000

Peter

Hello jalmari,

Not sure what advice you have applied (or not applied). Just hope you can find a way to put your wallet online more often.

Because our rule is clear and simple now: everyone needs to be online more to get more PoS rewards.

Peter

I applied those in the quote, i.e. sendsplit and stakesplitthreshold and they worked as you told.

And as I have said previously I understand your points but don't agree with them Smiley Without coin ageing it is extremely difficult to mint if you don't hold a lot of coins and thus it does not encourage us with smaller amounts.

However I am still doing it everyday for a few hours.

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █
     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 07, 2016, 08:27:17 AM

Hello jalmari,

Code:

Code:
stakesplitthreshold 5000

Peter

Hello jalmari,

Peter

I applied those in the quote, i.e. sendsplit and stakesplitthreshold and they worked as you told.

And as I have said previously I understand your points but don't agree with them Smiley Without coin ageing it is extremely difficult to mint if you don't hold a lot of coins and thus it does not encourage us with smaller amounts.

However I am still doing it everyday for a few hours.

Hello jalmari,

I do welcome your feedback even you don't 100% agree. Smiley As a responsible dev, I shall only tell you the facts.

The fact is that if we had coin ageing, not only smaller holders would have it, larger holders would also have.

So it's actually not the coinage hurting you, as long as you can put your wallet online more often.

Now if people want to stake more, they need to invest their money buying more coins, or invest their effort putting their wallets online often, or both.

You can actually see from our blockchain explorer that a few smaller holders have outperformed some other larger holders. That's something couldn't happen before v.1.5.0. Those smaller holders are likely staking 24/7.

If you can tell why you can't invest more effort putting your wallet online often, I may give you some more advice, unless your problem is about lacking of electricity.

Other community members already proposed using tablet, raspberry PI with ROKOS, or trying Staisybit.

By the way, you may continue with customizing your stake size as per my previous advice. You may still need some more trials before you can find out the stake size that fits best for you.

Peter

OKtoshi
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 06:48:54 PM

ROKOS v6 Magic Flavors
Final tests done, to be released in the next days as soon as packing its done.

Permanent Integrated Coin: Energycoin

Learn more about Energycoin at: http://rokos.space/cryptocurrencies.html

ROKOS Github:  https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode

*** Please raise an issue over github when releasing a new wallet so it can be updated in ROKOS.
(If no official notice/issue wallets are not updated)  - For control and security.

Same way, communities/devs can now push commits to update/improve specifics over the included config file
at your cryptocurrency folder over: https://github.com/okcashpro/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/tree/master/clients-nodes/rokos-Pi2-Pi3

Energycoin Integrated Version: 1.5.0.0

Pre-release screenshot

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
MyLucky7

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 05:43:30 PM

Without coin ageing it is extremely difficult to mint if you don't hold a lot of coins and thus it does not encourage us with smaller amounts.

Why don't you just buy a bit more coins? After you accumulate more stake rewards you can then go selling some extra coins to compensate your investment.

I'am doing the same and keep staking, and have made some profits already by this method.

jalmari

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 02:45:20 PM

Without coin ageing it is extremely difficult to mint if you don't hold a lot of coins and thus it does not encourage us with smaller amounts.

Why don't you just buy a bit more coins? After you accumulate more stake rewards you can then go selling some extra coins to compensate your investment.

I'am doing the same and keep staking, and have made some profits already by this method.

Yep, I have been buying, but that was not the point. The point was to discuss if the current PoS strategy is encouraging to stake or not.

I have now adjusted my coins in different way and it already looks better!

▄▄██▄▄
          ▄▄██████████▄▄
      ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
          ████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀██████████▀▀
              ▀▀██▀▀
P H O R E

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

█
    █
   █
  █
   █
    █
   █
  █
 █

▄▄██▄▄
        ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████▀▀████████▄▄
         █████▄▄████████▀▀
         ▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀██▀▀
EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 10:34:44 AM

Yep, I have been buying, but that was not the point. The point was to discuss if the current PoS strategy is encouraging to stake or not.

I have now adjusted my coins in different way and it already looks better!

Glad to hear that you already get better by re-adjusting your coins. Smiley

The current PoS strategy is definitely encouraging people staking.

Before block height 2.1m, with coin ageing, people who staked more often couldn't outperform those even staked only once a year. It was not fair to active stakers.

After block height 2.1m, active stakers can easily outperform inactive stakers. From our blockchain explorer, now only 27% total coins are staking. It represents that PoS rewards for the 73% inactive stakers now get shared by those active 27% stakers.

That's why we now have more than 2x active nodes than before to compete for available PoS rewards, and at the same time we can achieve a lower overall inflation rate.

Peter

EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 02:42:16 AM

Guys,

New client v1.5.1 will be ready in a few days...

This release will also update checkpoints, and include the CoinControl fixes.

Stay tuned. Smiley

Peter

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2016, 11:54:37 AM

nice i see u take feedback serious
and improve

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 12:31:27 AM

It would be nice to include 64bits build  Wink

And maybe have a "how to" discribing how to compile from source.

only if they keep 32bit builds in their release too

32 bit wallets are aimportant for low power useage windows 10 tablets

they mostly have a 32bit windows installed

a crypto wallet based only a bitcoin codebase as ENRG use it have not much to gain from 64bit anyway

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:44:44 AM

It would be nice to include 64bits build  Wink

And maybe have a "how to" discribing how to compile from source.

only if they keep 32bit builds in their release too

32 bit wallets are aimportant for low power useage windows 10 tablets

they mostly have a 32bit windows installed

a crypto wallet based only a bitcoin codebase as ENRG use it have not much to gain from 64bit anyway

We won't change the default builds for ENRG. 32bit builds are (and should still be ) our default for every future release.

Cryptonit is right, your ENRG wallet won't get performance gain from 64bit builds. But 64bit build will consume more memory in integers and pointers. It will leave you less memory resource if you want to run multiple wallets or other apps on top of the 64bit ENRG wallet.

As a crypto focusing on less energy wastes, ENRG dev team doesn't recommend using 64bit build.

In fact, our official 32bit builds can run smoothly on BOTH 32bit and 64bit systems. And running 32bit ENRG clients on 64bit systems can save you memory resource.

If people still want to try 64bit build on their own, there is a simple "how to" guide already: https://github.com/EnergyCoinProject/energycoin/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst, which is actually a common compile guide for all original bitcoin codebase cryptos.

Peter

EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 06:49:51 AM

nice i see u take feedback serious
and improve

Yes, thanks, and that's because EnergyCoin is a serious project. Smiley

Peter

EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 06:12:27 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2016, 03:09:01 PM by EnergyCoinDev

Hello all,

Just got a PM from a nice user asking for EnergyCoin.conf with available nodes for download.

Now I have uploaded a copy of EnergyCoin.conf with that information and everyone can download it from our Energycoin Bootstrap Server.

Peter

EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 11:19:35 AM

New ENRG client v1.5.1 release

The official EnergyCoin Core v.1.5.1 for both Windows and Linux versions have already been uploaded to: https://mega.nz/#F!uc0XmCra!73JBKfnmbdImd_9H_nXtRQ

Windows version:

SHA256 hash: 0EA7E1DEF9741B97A013A1F3BF5038B94DFBFB9505D04BAA889FB944458072A8
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0ea7e1def9741b97a013a1f3bf5038b94dfbfb9505d04baa889fb944458072a8/analysis/

Linux version:

SHA256 hash: A0E846A9ADEB44C1AAB0C4A2BF7E93F23B73EA5D245D7D4A30398E94EFA73D14
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a0e846a9adeb44c1aab0c4a2bf7e93f23b73ea5d245d7d4a30398e94efa73d14/analysis/

Latest source code has also been uploaded to: https://github.com/EnergyCoinProject/energycoin

Summary of changes:
- Add "Unlock for minting only" option in GUI
- Update checkpoints
- CoinControl fixes
- Remove PoW miner

Full change log: https://github.com/EnergyCoinProject/energycoin/blob/master/README.md

It's not a mandatory update.

Peter

MyLucky7

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:54:33 AM

Awesome new client and is running smooth.

Well done. Smiley
Attack.of.the.Clones

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:43:20 AM

The official EnergyCoin Core v.1.5.1 for both Windows and Linux versions have already been uploaded to: https://mega.nz/#F!uc0XmCra!73JBKfnmbdImd_9H_nXtRQ

Windows version:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/0ea7e1def9741b97a013a1f3bf5038b94dfbfb9505d04baa889fb944458072a8/analysis/

Linux version:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a0e846a9adeb44c1aab0c4a2bf7e93f23b73ea5d245d7d4a30398e94efa73d14/analysis/

Latest source code has also been uploaded to: https://github.com/EnergyCoinProject/energycoin

Summary of changes:
- Update checkpoints
- CoinControl fixes
- Remove PoW miner

Full change log: https://github.com/EnergyCoinProject/energycoin/blob/master/README.md

Peter

Well done! Great to see ENRG still going strong after two years
EnergyCoinDev

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 03:43:26 PM

Well done. Smiley

Thanks both for your kind words. Smiley

Two years sound like a long time for crypto. But for EnergyCoin, it's just like a new beginning since we have just switched to a fixed PoS reward recently.

And now we also have more new core members and have a much stronger team than two years ago.

Peter

Attack.of.the.Clones

Activity: 151

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:49:44 PM

Well done. Smiley

Thanks both for your kind words. Smiley

Two years sound like a long time for crypto. But for EnergyCoin, it's just like a new beginning since we have just switched to a fixed PoS reward recently.

And now we also have more new core members and have a much stronger team than two years ago.

Peter

Two years is a long time for a coin to survive, and that longevity is a great selling point, as is the new core members! I think the upside for ENRG is very positive, so it's a great investment, plus it actually has a real world use that most humans are concerned with.
josecauy

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 10:54:35 PM

Windows version:

Linux version:

Summary of changes:
- Update checkpoints
- CoinControl fixes
- Remove PoW miner

Peter

Done, Thanks for release!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: