Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:57:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **MANDATORY UPGRADE REQUIRED** [ANN] B&C Exchange - All users must upgrade  (Read 174375 times)
Yurizhai

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:43:04 PM

Would it make more sense to buy blockshares or nushares at this point?  As I understand, nushares will earn blockshares.  How will they be distributed to NSR?  A snapshot?

The snapshot has happened.  Buying nsr will not earn you bks any longer.

When was it done?

July 3rd.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:45:48 PM

Only a few posts above...

[...]
The distribution of release candidate BlockShares to NuShare holders will be based on share ownership as of the end of today, UTC
[...]

"End of today, UTC" was - like @Yurizhai said - July, 3rd.
BCExchange (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 03:00:23 PM

Total funds received have reached $200,401. We have now received the minimum $200,000 in funding. Thank you to everyone who has supported our project so far!
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:57:12 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 07:56:21 PM by BCExchange

Today we are excited to unveil the logos for the B&C Exchange brand! Included are logos for B&C Exchange, BlockShares, and BlockCredits.

We chose to create a brand that expresses a simple boldness while still signalling innovation and creativity. These logos are intentionally much less complex than many standard cryptocurrency logos. This will ensure that they look sharp and clear even at small resolutions.

B&C Exchange is short for “Blocks and Chains Decentralized Exchange” and we’ve captured that name in the logo. There are several metaphorical interpretations possible for the B&C Exchange logo, including:

- A “block” created by the negative space in the middle, surrounded by two different colored “chains”.
- A price chart axis with a green (or navy) “up” arrow exploding to the right
- A decentralized network that is connected by different colored peers around the outside, with no centralized control in the center of the logo

The deep navy, vibrant green, and neutral white colors selected are designed to communicate two major categories of brand associations. The first category includes keywords such as professional, ethical, reputable, credible, and efficient.  The second category includes keywords like innovative, empowering, and futuristic.

Finally, we used the basic shape of the B&C Exchange brand to create two tokens:

BlockShares

BlockCredits

We have hosted the full package of logos temporarily on the Nu website while our website BCExchange.org is being finalized. Anyone is free to use these logos in whatever way they wish as long as no suggestion is made that B&C Exchange developers endorse the project, product, or service. The full package includes six different color variations on the primary logo as well as multiple icons. Download: https://nubits.com/sites/default/files/assets/B%26C%20Logos.zip

We have also included a branding guide that shows the basic building blocks of our brand. Here is a preview:

Thank you again to everyone who has supported our project. If you would like to become a shareholder of B&C Exchange, please read the main announcement in this thread to find out how you can purchase BlockShares.
Sentinelrv

Activity: 648
Merit: 318

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 06:25:28 PM

Excellent design! Somehow I imagined something like this, minimalist and green/blue colors. I also love the various ways that it can be visually interpreted. Great job!
MayDee

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 11:52:07 PM

Excellent design!

+1
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:54:36 PM

We have added a couple new logos to the branding package, including text versions of BlockShares and BlockCredits, as well as some additional transparency options.

For those who have already downloaded our logos, please delete the old logos folder and download the new one here: https://nubits.com/sites/default/files/assets/B%26C%20Logos.zip

BlockShares (Text, White)

BlockShares (Text, Navy)

BlockCredits (Text, White)

BlockCredits (Text, Navy)

masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:54:00 PM

Total funds received have reached $200,401. We have now received the minimum $200,000 in funding. Thank you to everyone who has supported our project so far!
Congratulations - not completely unexpected if I might say... Wink

[...]
Today we are excited to unveil the logos for the B&C Exchange brand! Included are logos for B&C Exchange, BlockShares, and BlockCredits.
[...]
The logos and the way they are made look great -appealing, simple, focussed. B&C Exchange branding does have a lot of recognition value. Well done!
...now we need the same in software Wink
cryptog1

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:48:05 AM

May i ask when the web site is gonna be released ?
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:26:50 AM

We've had a couple unexpected delays from the group designing it for us, but are now in the process of making modifications to a draft version and setting up hosting. The website will be released as soon as we possibly can.
cryptog1

Activity: 117

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:34:21 AM

We've had a couple unexpected delays from the group designing it for us, but are now in the process of making modifications to a draft version and setting up hosting. The website will be released as soon as we possibly can.

ok tks for the update!
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:28:18 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 09:10:08 PM by BCExchange

We are excited to announce that our team has finalized a release candidate blockchain for BlockShares as well as an accompanying basic branded B&C Exchange client. As a result we are now ready to begin distributing release candidate BlockShares to owners. To start with, here are the B&C Exchange client downloads and source code:

Download (Windows)

Download (Linux)

OS X download coming soon

Source Code

There are three different ownership groups outlined in our original announcement, and each group will have a slightly different method of acquiring their release candidate BlockShares.

1. NuShareholders

All NuShareholders who held NSR at the end of July 3 UTC are entitled to a proportional amount of BlockShares. Just like Peercoin dividends have been automatically distributed to NuShareholders, BlockShares have also been distributed as a dividend.

Users can redeem their BKS by downloading the B&C client and then selecting File > Import NuShares Wallet. An updated BKS total will then be displayed in the client. Minting begins at 18:00 UTC today (11 July)

2. BlockShare purchasers

If you purchased BlockShares directly you will soon receive a request for BlockShare addresses that you would like to receive your BlockShares at. To do this, you will need to download the B&C Exchange client and generate a few new BlockShare addresses to send to the B&C Exchange team. After we receive those addresses, BKS will be sent as soon as possible.

In the interest of ensuring a quick and fair distribution, please make sure that you do not send BlockCredit addresses by mistake. BlockShare addresses are those that begin with the number “8”.

3. Bitcoin holders

This will be delayed until we have Bitcoin signers set up. We cannot distribute to Bitcoin holders until the exchange is operational.

Caution: The blockchain is a only a release candidate

This is a release candidate blockchain, which means that it may not be the final production version if problems with the distribution are discovered.
Once we are confident the distribution was completed properly and the network proves to be stable, we will promote the release candidate blockchain to production status. We expect this process to take a couple weeks. No one should be a buyer of release candidate BlockShares from individual sellers because there is a chance the blockchain could be discarded and a second release candidate would be used with BlockShares distributed based on the centralized ledger we possess. Accordingly, exchanges should not be listing BlockShares during the release candidate period. If you wish to purchase BlockShares during the release candidate period you should buy them directly from B&C Exchange so that the transaction appears in the temporary centralized ledger that would be used in the case that a second release candidate blockchain becomes necessary.

This initial distribution is the first step towards our goal of making B&C Exchange the best decentralized exchange in the world. While this release has none of the planned trading functionality included, it does allow BlockShareholders to own a liquid equity asset and to contribute their thoughts on development priorities through motions.

Going forward, the features described in the design paper will be developed in many iterations which will be individually applied to the test network in a sequential manner. Once a functional exchange has been built on the test network, we will update the production network with all the changes at once. At the moment we are working on two independent iterations in parallel. Sigmike is developing the reputation system, including its voting and block reward subsystems. Giannis will be developing the other voting items unique to B&C Exchange, which include number of confirmations required for each blockchain, number of signers required for transfers for each blockchain, total number of signers for each blockchain and max trade sizes for each asset. All voting can be configured manually or by data feed.

After those iterations are complete, we will begin to implement the messages unique to B&C Exchange as described in the design paper.
sportscliche

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 12:34:23 AM

I have the linux 32-bit binary up and running, but seem to have a problem with the NuShares import.  I click as instructed, provide my wallet password, and see the import process has initiated on the console [rescan=true].  No BlockShares appear in my wallet and no error message.  6 active connections to B&C network.  And yes, there are a substantial number of NuShares present and minting.
Nagalim

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:55:09 AM

Is your B&C client encrypted?  If so, you need to use walletpassphrase in the debug window.
sportscliche

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:51:38 AM

Is your B&C client encrypted?  If so, you need to use walletpassphrase in the debug window.

The B&C client will ask for the passphrase automatically when importing the NuShares wallet.  I tried to unlock it again in the debug window but it gave me "Error: Portfolio is already unlocked..."
Yurizhai

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 04:46:55 AM

I've tried it every which way. Both unlocked, one or the other locked, Nu client closed, Nu open, nothing seems to work.
Yurizhai

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:22:36 AM

I got it to work following this https://discuss.nubits.com/t/passed-motion-to-provide-seed-funding-for-b-c-exchange-a-decentralized-exchange-built-on-the-peershares-platform/2001/492?u=yurizhai !
salsero

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:05:49 PM

So say I have 40k Nushares how many BKS am I supposed to get? when I imported my wallet I only got about 4 bks..

Nagalim

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 02:48:59 PM

The import password should be your nushares wallet password.  The wallet itself needs to be unlocked totally, not just for minting only, but this is only a problem if you encrypted your wallet.  If your nsr wallet password has spaces, you should use double quotes (") around the password.

4 bks = 40k nsr is correct.  1 BKS is all you need to vote and receive rewards.  I received a 0.01 BKS reward for my first mint, so I think they increased the reward (NSR reward is 40, which equates to 0.004 BKS)
salsero

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 03:23:27 PM

The import password should be your nushares wallet password.  The wallet itself needs to be unlocked totally, not just for minting only, but this is only a problem if you encrypted your wallet.  If your nsr wallet password has spaces, you should use double quotes (") around the password.

4 bks = 40k nsr is correct.  1 BKS is all you need to vote and receive rewards.  I received a 0.01 BKS reward for my first mint, so I think they increased the reward (NSR reward is 40, which equates to 0.004 BKS)

Thanks I wasn't sure. I'll try staking and see what I get.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: