Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:50:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: **MANDATORY UPGRADE REQUIRED** [ANN] B&C Exchange - All users must upgrade  (Read 174375 times)
cryptog1

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:26:50 PM

any update on the development side?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:33:16 PM

It looks like version 4.0.0 is being worked on.
More details here: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/branch/4.0-stable#diff
cryptog1

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 05:45:04 PM

It looks like version 4.0.0 is being worked on.
More details here: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/branch/4.0-stable#diff

Tks for the pointers.
So Nu is at version 2.0...at least.
and BCE is at version 3.0....and soon 4.0.
Wondering about the relationships between Nu and BCE....
BCE is a fork of Nu....
But the enhancement and innovation implemented into BCE could be brought to Nu as well, I suppose.
BCExchange (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:41:42 AM

We would like to congratulate NuBits on becoming the first decentralized digital currency in history to maintain a $1.00 price peg for one year.

Announcement: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/september-23-2015-nubits-becomes-the-first-decentralized-digital-currency-in-history-to-maintain-1-00-for-an-entire-year/2750

We are confident that using NuBits for many, if not most, of B&C Exchange base trading pairs will be a convenient feature for traders.
JordanLee

Activity: 88

NuBit and B&C Exchange Architect

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 03:41:43 PM

any update on the development side?

The backend functionality for the voting features unique to B&C Exchange has been completed since the last update. All that remains for the 4.0 release is the user interface for those new voting features, which John Jegutanis is currently working on.

Bitmessage: BM-2cXS5ezep1jUqeu8CwC6M4aTmMSxcFEHNN
JordanLee

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 12:48:21 AM

Wondering about the relationships between Nu and BCE....
BCE is a fork of Nu....
But the enhancement and innovation implemented into BCE could be brought to Nu as well, I suppose.

There is definitely a synergy in the development of the two code bases. The benefit goes both ways: Nu 3.0 will contain innovations first seen in B&C Exchange, while B&C Exchange contains many innovations first seen in Nu. I expect this back and forth sharing to continue. And of course, the synergy and sharing is broader than that. Besides B&C Exchange and Nu being a fork of Bitcoin and then Peercoin, we regularly include innovations first seen in the Bitcoin network. Similarly, anyone is free to benefit from our open source code. We exist in the new sharing economy. Its very healthy and efficient. Innovations spread broadly and quickly.

cryptog1

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 01:58:13 AM

@jordanlee Tks for the info.
marthagriffin

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:28:14 AM

@JordanLee: if blockshares has more traiding pairs (for example the upcomming currencies), the volume will increase
(it is my opinion)
JordanLee

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 03:28:54 PM

@JordanLee: if blockshares has more traiding pairs (for example the upcomming currencies), the volume will increase
(it is my opinion)

I agree. It appears there is general agreement among NuShare holders that additional currencies should be supported by the Nu network, which would permit B&C Exchange to host trading pairs denominated in Yuan and Euro pegged currencies, for instance. The main barrier to adding additional currencies is supporting them with liquidity operations. Decentralised liquidity operations have been developing and growing rapidly in recent months in terms of the number of users, number of pools and the total quantity of liquidity offered. It is likely that continued growth in this area will facilitate the support of additional pegged currencies relatively soon, which would open the way for their use on B&C Exchange.

marthagriffin

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:11:45 PM

I think the users of such currencies with low transaction volume (for example NMC or assets like Gemz) will enjoy the plan
mably

Activity: 376
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:14:25 PM

It would be interesting to have a comparison with other decentralized exchanges like Coinffeine.
JordanLee

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:02:09 PM

It would be interesting to have a comparison with other decentralized exchanges like Coinffeine.

Based on some brief research, Coinffeine is a desktop application focusing on facilitating fiat and Bitcoin exchange. The fiat must be offered by an irreversible payment processor, specifically OKPay at this time. Prior to commencement of a trade, both parties must submit a deposit. Their website says if one party does not complete their part of the trade, they lose their deposit. This raises the question of who is holding the deposit and who decides whether a deposit is forfeited. I don't see a way to have that occur without a trusted authority. Perhaps someone who understands Coinffeine better can explain that to us.

Their project is over a year and half old and I couldn't find a way to download their software, though I did see a report that it has been deployed in 70 countries as a technical preview in July.

To compare with B&C Exchange, we only facilitate trading of blockchain assets while Coinffeine is designed to facilitate Bitcoin to fiat transfer. B&C Exchange doesn't require any funds other than those being traded and small amount of BlockCredits as fees, while Coinffeine requires an additional deposit. B&C Exchange will use a number of multisig signers dynamically voted for by shareholders to hold funds, while I am unaware of how Coinffiene deposits are held. B&C gets revenue from BlockCredits burned as transaction fees in every transaction. I saw an article claim "Coinffeine is not currently charging fees, but the CEO noted that OKPay would charge a 0.5% commission for bitcoin purchases". I don't know how they will charge fees in a decentralised manner in the future. B&C Exchange will offer trading access via an open source web app that uses no database other than the blockchain that can be hosted by anyone and likely an Android app, while Coinffeine will employ a thick client.

I'm certainly no expert on Coinffeine, so if I missed something or if someone can explain how their deposits work and how they will receive revenue, please enlighten us.

mably

Activity: 376
Merit: 266

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Based on some brief research, Coinffeine is a desktop application focusing on facilitating fiat and Bitcoin exchange. The fiat must be offered by an irreversible payment processor, specifically OKPay at this time. Prior to commencement of a trade, both parties must submit a deposit. Their website says if one party does not complete their part of the trade, they lose their deposit. This raises the question of who is holding the deposit and who decides whether a deposit is forfeited. I don't see a way to have that occur without a trusted authority. Perhaps someone who understands Coinffeine better can explain that to us.

Their project is over a year and half old and I couldn't find a way to download their software, though I did see a report that it has been deployed in 70 countries as a technical preview in July.

To compare with B&C Exchange, we only facilitate trading of blockchain assets while Coinffeine is designed to facilitate Bitcoin to fiat transfer. B&C Exchange doesn't require any funds other than those being traded and small amount of BlockCredits as fees, while Coinffeine requires an additional deposit. B&C Exchange will use a number of multisig signers dynamically voted for by shareholders to hold funds, while I am unaware of how Coinffiene deposits are held. B&C gets revenue from BlockCredits burned as transaction fees in every transaction. I saw an article claim "Coinffeine is not currently charging fees, but the CEO noted that OKPay would charge a 0.5% commission for bitcoin purchases". I don't know how they will charge fees in a decentralised manner in the future. B&C Exchange will offer trading access via an open source web app that uses no database other than the blockchain that can be hosted by anyone and likely an Android app, while Coinffeine will employ a thick client.

I'm certainly no expert on Coinffeine, so if I missed something or if someone can explain how their deposits work and how they will receive revenue, please enlighten us.

Hi Jordan,

It looks like they removed their download page very recently as I have been able to download it a few days ago.

I was able to make a successful bitcoin sell order and was paid almost immediately on my OKPay account.

It looks like Coinffeine doesn't hold anything as everthing seems to be done directly between peers.

At the moment it looks like orders and peer IP addresses can be matched.  That's probably the reason they decided to remove the download page until this security flaw is fixed.

I think the Coinffeine micropayment channel could be something interesting to plug into B&C for fiat payments.
mhps

Activity: 516
Merit: 500

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 01:56:16 AM

Major payment processors such as PerfectMoney, OKpay, Payeer already allow users to buy/sell bitcoin using their account balance from processors' web interface. Coinffeine is just another channel to do it. It might be peer-to-peer, with less/no middleman, but since OKpay users already trust their money to OKpay, they shouldn't be worrying about OKpay being in teh middle.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:03:58 PM

Update: We are making progress every day towards a functional B&C Exchange. For those new to the B&C Exchange project, visit https://bcexchange.org to find all the latest downloads and to view our source code.  If you are interested in owning a part of B&C Exchange, you are able to trade BlockShares on https://CCEDK.com.
PesiHUN

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:17:33 PM

How can i get bks? can i mine it somehow?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
BCExchange (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 03:54:18 AM

How can i get bks? can i mine it somehow?

All BlockShares have already been distributed to initial investors and they are not able to be mined. At this point in time the primary method to acquire BlockShares is to purchase them on an exchange like CCEDK.com or to purchase them privately from an existing BlockShareholder.
JordanLee

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 04:28:35 PM

I'm happy to be able to announce that glv (glv2 on GitHub) has joined the B&C Exchange development team. He has done excellent work in the Peercoin and Peerunity code repositories, so there is no doubt about his technical qualifications for the tasks at hand. He has already worked successfully and efficiently with the team on other projects, so I'm confident this is an important win for B&C Exchange.

Please welcome glv to the team with me. I'm excited about the increase in development speed he will bring to the project!

cryptog1

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:39:42 PM

I'm happy to be able to announce that glv (glv2 on GitHub) has joined the B&C Exchange development team. He has done excellent work in the Peercoin

https://github.com/glv2
Indeed a lot of contributions to peercoin.
As a shareholder of B&C, I hope it will accelerate drastically its development for the world has never needed that urgently a decentralized exchange...
Welcome glv2.
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 04:50:53 PM

welcome glv to our B&C world Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: