Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:24:14 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31370 times)
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:48:12 PM

Hey guys

Just trying out some new value propositions, can you help me out?

Monero - "The best-maintained clone of the Bytecoin scam.  Except we are not a scam, but *everything* else is."  

Monero - "Instant, private & secure bagholding, for free, anywhere in the world* (*min. requirements: 4 TB HD, 128 GB RAM, MS-DOS, 4 weeks sync time - or use Poloniex / FluffysMonero.com)"

Monero - "Longtime trollin', Endless syncing, Infinite Butthurt"

Monero - "Backed by NSA's Cryptonote, China Botnets, Journalist Devs, Ill-tempered Ork-army community, Poloniex (wait, that's unofficial)"

Monero - "You wanted active development & innovation? F*** You!"

Monero - "If only we had bought DASH instead of our shitcoins we wouldn't be hopping up and down with so much envy we could explode Sad Sad  Undecided  Cry   (this one was suggested by Smooth)

Monero - "The coin that trolls itself"

Should we do a poll?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong place, I just saw all the names and thought I was on the Monero thread.  Undecided

You seem buttfrustrated. Don't worry, you are still in time to get on the winning boat by exchanging your CRASH for XMR. You can always hold your bag and be a nodebait in the amazing system that Duffield created.

XMR marketing during 50% price crash:  Create new thread -> Dash is an instamine!!! BTW if you reply to this, you are butthurt, and what you thought was big dash profit is in fact a bag!!! Buy XMR!!!

This too easy Cheesy
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:10:43 PM

Hey guys

Just trying out some new value propositions, can you help me out?

Monero - "The best-maintained clone of the Bytecoin scam.  Except we are not a scam, but *everything* else is."  

Monero - "Instant, private & secure bagholding, for free, anywhere in the world* (*min. requirements: 4 TB HD, 128 GB RAM, MS-DOS, 4 weeks sync time - or use Poloniex / FluffysMonero.com)"

Monero - "Longtime trollin', Endless syncing, Infinite Butthurt"

Monero - "Backed by NSA's Cryptonote, China Botnets, Journalist Devs, Ill-tempered Ork-army community, Poloniex (wait, that's unofficial)"

Monero - "You wanted active development & innovation? F*** You!"

Monero - "If only we had bought DASH instead of our shitcoins we wouldn't be hopping up and down with so much envy we could explode Sad Sad  Undecided  Cry   (this one was suggested by Smooth)

Monero - "The coin that trolls itself"

Should we do a poll?

EDIT: Sorry, wrong place, I just saw all the names and thought I was on the Monero thread.  Undecided

Don't forget that Monero was launched with the sole purpose of being a scam.  Original devs only did it for the money.  If the community didn't take it over and find a whale to back it, the coin would be dead right now. 

You are absolutely right. The difference between this coin and that coin is that here, no one took over.
 -snip-

Really Smooth?  So a take over wipes the scam slate clean?  Didnt know that.  I figured once a scam, always a scam.  DRK all you need to do preform a community take over and the so called scam vanishes.

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:24:26 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 10:46:25 PM by Prosperityforall

When comparing the two. The only thing about Monero that's odd is that it's original dev released it with bad miners, but there was no tampering with it's core features. Dash was released with bad miners plus had all it's core features extremely tampered with to make the instamined coins more valuable which can be compared to the selling and distributing of securities as Duffield has been the sole, core developer of Dash since it's beginnings. In either outcomes it's bad, if Mr. Duffield sold any of the coins he instamined that's like selling personal stocks or securities. If he didn't sell any of the coins he instamined, then Dash is extremely suspectible to future dumps by him.

In that sense, Dash is the only coin that has an actual, illegal scam comitted by it's core developer. If crypto takes off I'll feel bad for anyone affiliated with Dash when the FTC and others come investigating.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:27:37 PM

Really Smooth?  So a take over wipes the scam slate clean?  Didnt know that.  I figured once a scam, always a scam.  DRK all you need to do preform a community take over and the so called scam vanishes.

Sure... what aspect of the "current/first" Monero are a scam? Unless you count intention of the original launcher, in that case we can not ascertain with sure as all we know is that the code was clean and the emission was no changed to enrich him, this make Monero a less scam than Dash could ever dream to be during the first days of launch, after that the current core team took over and its another history, nothing was changed because that would be unfair.

sorry to burst your bubble Kazuki because you sound like you actually believe all this.

'Scam busting' and this righteous Monero image is just part of it's marketing drivvle coming from the top down to cover any lack of unique value or innovation the 'maintaners' decided not to have done.  All the posts about how Monero holders are not greedy and everyone else is..  It's just more marketing bullsh*t.  Can't you see that?

Or how come Monero's infamous "scam busting" outbursts all around BCT *only* really pick up when Monero price goes down or a competitor goes up?

And no one seems to get the irony that the group going to prevent scam because they are so righteous, themselves exist only because of a scam, the very thing you say you are fighting to prevent?

Co'mon now guys, it's obvious, for the love of crypto.....Staaaaahp!!!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:14:57 AM

I never felt the need to sell any monero, I just want to see what TPTB will do with a totally untraceable and resilient true first electronic currency

Are you kidding ?

It was them that f*cking sold you it you limpet.

There's nothing that would suite them more than a brand new monetary system that's beyond public scrutiny and where the masses are prevented from acting coherently as a group.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 05:39:53 AM

LOL all you moanero trolls are pathetic and a joke to your coin and your community. You think people of this whole community can't see your FUD tactics? Why don't you go and do something positive for monero rather than poison it.

To all the normal, level headed monero followers/holders I have nothing but love for you guys.

When is an instamine FUD?

When it's implied to cause real and concrete problems in the future. When in actuality the only "problem" it will every cause, is that some people won't like it.

Too bad you can't force everyone to agree with that premise. I know it ruins your plans, but some people like honesty and expect it in their leadership.

Sorry you didn't like my answer. Try to get some sleep regardless, it's a school day tomorrow after all.

It's not that I don't like your answer, I just know it ignores a large swathe of the population who aren't cynical or greedy, or those that have a core code of beliefs that they follow in their lives such as ethics or principles. I also think it misses the big picture when you talk about mainstream acceptance. Many people don't like cheaters (see baseball scandals) and if they believe that gains are ill gotten they simply won't invest, and if they are in the media, may attack what they perceive as evil or ill gotten.

Personally, I just think once you've tried to hide an instamine and failed, that no amount of rebranding is going to distance you enough from the fraud for you to reach mainstream success--so without a relaunch, a fair one, dash doesn't stand much of a chance of sniffing Bitcoin's market cap. Also, all things being equal, why would I invest in dash when a coin like crave has a masternode system that may have a better/fairer distribution system at around half the cost. Not an endorsement of crave, but if profit is your only motive why wouldn't I invest in a similar system that is less top-heavy and has more room to grow? That's the problem with things built short-sightedly, if they are successful, then others will borrow their structure, add some bells and whistles, and potentially steal their market share.

I'll  take the long view and stick to the best privacy solution with the best team with the best chances of creating the most useful network.

And yes, I do go to school every day--life is a constant lessen and wisdom can be found everywhere if you're willing to work and keep your eyes open.  Wink

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:43:31 AM

I do go to school every day--life is a constant lessen

I'd have a few complaints for that school if I were your parents.

(Apart from not being able to detect a glaring NSA honeypot at point blank range, that is).
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 08:02:30 AM

I do go to school every day--life is a constant lessen

I'd have a few complaints for that school if I were your parents.

(Apart from not being able to detect a glaring NSA honeypot at point blank range, that is).

I know masternodes are a honeypot--that's why I'm on a thread about dash discouraging people from buying it.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:04:37 AM

I know masternodes are a honeypot-

No, they are not actually because they're decentralised.

Removing an entire blockchain from public scrutiny is however far more useful to a corrupter than knowing what any individual has in their account balance.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 08:18:43 AM

I know masternodes are a honeypot-

No, they are not actually because they're decentralised.

Removing an entire blockchain from public scrutiny is however far more useful to a corrupter than knowing what any individual has in their account balance.

What are you talking about?

Node systems that reward nodes for attacking other nodes are centralizing in nature.

https://botbot.me/freenode/bitcoin-wizards/2014-11-27/?msg=26349785&page=4

Goto #7

www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmvogy

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:44:10 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 10:25:52 AM by smooth

Just so everyone is aware, coinmarketcap has a request form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform

Good for requesting that instamined coins be included in the premine filter and not be confused for coins that were fairly launched.

In doing so I'd suggest referencing this page which is a well-respected independent investigation of many coin launches including darkcoin/dash

Quote from: that page (emphasis from original source)
Extreme Caution: Coins That Are Bad Ideas For Investment or Usage

These kinds of coins may seem appealling at first, but one strong bit of evidence or a string of evidence makes their investment value self evident; they are highly likely to be scams.

The Darkcoin website expects around 22,000,000 DRK to be created. That means in less than 8 hours, almost 5% of the Darkcoins that ever will be created spawned in that 1/3 of a day. It's safe to say Darkcoin has left it's investors in the dark on this one.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:48:24 AM

'Scam busting' and this righteous Monero image is just part of it's marketing drivvle

That's nonsense. I posted about scams before Monero existed, most notably but not exclusively the Bytecoin scam that led to Monero being created. I just hate scams. It has nothing to do with "marketing"

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:59:06 AM

Node systems that reward nodes for attacking other nodes are centralizing in nature.

w.t.f. are you talking about. The "reward" for attacking other nodes is a destroyed network and zero value for all.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 09:21:58 AM

w.t.f. are you talking about. The "reward" for attacking other nodes is a destroyed network and zero value for all.

Exactly.  Wink

Or increased centralization with slavenodes working at minimum reward and masternodes working at the most gain with the least amount of risk of catastrophic failure--did you even read the graph? 1000 is optimum for gain, so now you have slavenodes passing the buck when they realize they're aren't getting rewarded. It will be a continual cycling of unrewarded slavenodes handing off their nodes to the masternodes with the most leverage of computational power. It's like you guys want to be slaves to Evan.

And keep never minding that other systems like crave will pop-up with better/fairer reward systems--probably the same results, but that's not for me to worry about--when i see centralization in cryptosystems, I run.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:35:32 AM

when i see centralization in cryptosystems, I run.

Quote from: 2Pac, giving helpful advice to Dash "investors" who want to keep their money
You better back the fuck up
Before you get smacked the fuck up

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:41:47 AM

It will be a continual cycling of unrewarded slavenodes handing off their nodes to the masternodes with the most leverage of computational power. It's like you guys want to be slaves to Evan

Is this you by any chance ?
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:21:46 AM

It will be a continual cycling of unrewarded slavenodes handing off their nodes to the masternodes with the most leverage of computational power. It's like you guys want to be slaves to Evan

That added a lot to the debate.

Jeff8247

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:26:42 AM

Same to anything said in this entire thread.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:06:46 PM

They are running out of shit to say? What can they do? Irrelevant Youtube videos are the last resort to a technical dialogue
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:33:42 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 02:57:44 PM by BlockaFett

'Scam busting' and this righteous Monero image is just part of it's marketing drivvle

That's nonsense. I posted about scams before Monero existed, most notably but not exclusively the Bytecoin scam that led to Monero being created. I just hate scams. It has nothing to do with "marketing"

Smooth - you are a renowned scammer on BCT.  You claim to be a core dev of Monero but everytime the 5 whales that hold 80% of Monero on Poloniex dump (like now), or buying on real exchangess raise the Dash price, you throw your toys out the pram and spam every page with the same tired accusation that the whole Dash project is "a fraud" because 16 months ago there was a bug in the emission (a claim which whether you believe it or not is impossible to disprove)...so it is you that is a total fraud, and absolutely no one outside of Monero greed-driven community believes that your anti-Dash campaign is for altruistic reasons, get a fucking grip lol.  Let this be known around crypto, it' time for the toxic people like you to get called out I think.  Go back to your shitcoin and try to add value instead of thinking you can steal it from Devs who are honest and do real innovation by slandering and entire community which has worked hard for 16 months, and who a lot of people think are doing something that will benefit crypto as a whole....which seeing as Moohnero just had 50% of it's value wiped out while you *still* troll, is really your responsibility right now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: