Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:46:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31370 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 06:59:20 PM

It will be a continual cycling of unrewarded slavenodes handing off their nodes to the masternodes with the most leverage of computational power. It's like you guys want to be slaves to Evan

Is this you by any chance ?

You're not even trying anymore. I feel for you; it's tough to win an argument when you're wrong.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:41:28 PM

the 5 whales that hold 80% of Monero on Poloniex dump (like now), or buying on real exchangess raise the Dash price, you throw your toys out the pram

I really wonder if it is hard to make such asinine posts or if it comes naturally to you.

there was a bug in the emission (a claim which whether you believe it or not is impossible to disprove)

It is also impossible to disprove the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus. So yes, I do understand that you so much want to Believe.

BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:19:30 PM

the 5 whales that hold 80% of Monero on Poloniex dump (like now), or buying on real exchangess raise the Dash price, you throw your toys out the pram

I really wonder if it is hard to make such asinine posts or if it comes naturally to you.

there was a bug in the emission (a claim which whether you believe it or not is impossible to disprove)

It is also impossible to disprove the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus. So yes, I do understand that you so much want to Believe.

Lol, sure Monero isn't dumping, based on a snaphot of the Poloniex market's box, the beating heart of the XMR scam-clone scam, which somehow evades the attention of your crack scam-team.

You are not even embarassed to be here "bustin' scams" aka trying to suck blood from the competition, while Monero tanks? 

Keep digging Smoothie! Cheesy
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:39:04 PM

Monero

So, I'm wondering, what does this have to do with whether Evan regrets instamining DRK/DASH?

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:49:24 PM

Trollero

So, I'm wondering, what does this have to do with whether Evan regrets instamining DRK/DASH?

LOL

Your proof of scam is now the entire Trollero community plus sock puppet's opinion on what Evan's opinion is of something before Trollero even existed and while your leader Fluffy was trying to raise USD 200,000 from Vertcoin investors...scam much Smoothie?

This is really tragic, but I know none of this is going in..

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:17:03 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 10:30:16 PM by smooth

existed and while your leader Fluffy was trying to raise USD 200,000 from Vertcoin investors

Unlike the centralized project Dash, we don't have a Leader, although regardless I don't see anything wrong with proposing to raise money from a business from investors. That's exactly the kind of "investing" you should be doing if you want to take part in cryptocurrency innovation, not buying pump-and-dump coins as a speculator and pretending to be an investor in something where you have no actual (i.e. other than emotional) ownership.

darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

But off topic for this thread.

So, BlockaFett, do you think Evan regrets instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:32:07 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 10:53:29 PM by BlockaFett

existed and while your leader Fluffy was trying to raise USD 200,000 from Vertcoin investors

Unlike the centralized project Dash, we don't have a Leader, although regardless I don't see anything wrong with proposing to raise money from a business from investors. That's exactly the kind of "investing" you should be doing if you want to take part in cryptocurrency innovation, not buying pump-and-dump coins as a speculator and pretending to be an investor in something you have no actual (i.e. other than emotional) ownership of.

darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

But off topic for this thread.

So, BlockaFett, do you think Evan regrets instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?

Uh-uh.  Deflect from me accusing you of being a fraudster and try to get me to vote in your poll about what maybe the Dash dev thinks about something that you can't prove even happened and the Dash dev gave a full plausible explanation too (that you have no evidence that disproves either).  

You're a fraud Smooth.  Accusing people of fraud for your own gain without any actual evidence makes you a crook.  And watching you post the same accusation over 500 times about another coin when you are a Trollero core dev is just hilarious....keep going... Smiley
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:40:44 PM

Deflect from me accusing you of being a fraudster

The correct thread for hating on me is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001299.0

Trying to remind you to stay on topic is not deflecting anything, it is just encouraging common courtesy to the forum members. Why do you disrespect the community so much?

If you don't have an opinion on whether Evan regrets instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission, this probably isn't the thread you are looking for.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:44:47 PM

Deflect from me accusing you of being a fraudster

The correct thread for hating on me is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001299.0

Trying to remind you to stay on topic is not deflecting anything, it is just encouraging common courtesy to the forum members. Why do you disrespect the community so much?

If you don't have an opinion on whether Evan regrets instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission, this probably isn't the thread you are looking for.

"Why do you disrespect the community so much?"

Just, LOL
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:54:58 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 11:25:18 PM by Brilliantrocket

Does he regret it? Probably not. And I'm totally okay with that. It's actually one of the reasons that I invested. Evan is a smart guy who isn't held back by having to play by the rules. Ethics are for losers. That's why I think Monero will probably founder in the long run. The team is too ethical and concerned with fairness. We all know that nice guys finish last, which is why my money's on Dash. (And yours should be too, unless you want to be an ethical indigent.)

Here's a concrete example of how ethics are holding Monero back. The Monero team keeps blathering on about how Dash is fundamentally flawed, the masternode system is ripe for attacks, etc ad infinitum. If they weren't ethical imbeciles, they'd find ways to attack Dash (or pay someone else to do it). If Dash were to collapse, Monero would likely capture the bulk of Dash's previously held market share. Then the Monero devs would have more resources with which to fund development. But nope, we can't do that, that wouldn't be fair! Instead we'll cry about how we're losing to a competitor who we consider to be fundamentally flawed! Pathetic.

If you feel Dash is flawed, do something about it instead of making threads and crying.
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:01:13 PM

Does he regret it? Probably not. And I'm totally okay with that. It's actually one of the reasons that I invested. Evan is a smart guy who isn't held back by having to play by the rules. Ethics are for losers. That's why I think Monero will probably founder in the long run. The team is too ethical and concerned with fairness. We all know that nice guys finish last, which is why my money's on Dash.

So when the unethical Evan decides to cash out his massive instamine and crash your investment you'll have no problem, right?

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:03:37 PM

Does he regret it? Probably not. And I'm totally okay with that. It's actually one of the reasons that I invested. Evan is a smart guy who isn't held back by having to play by the rules. Ethics are for losers. That's why I think Monero will probably founder in the long run. The team is too ethical and concerned with fairness. We all know that nice guys finish last, which is why my money's on Dash.

Now that's some good FUD.  Smoothie...take note.

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:14:48 PM

So when the unethical Evan decides to cash out his massive instamine and crash your investment you'll have no problem, right?
Nothing in life is without risk. I'm of the opinion that because of the positive feedback loop generated by the masternode system, Dash can easily go to astronomical heights. I'd sell some, keep some, and even if it fails after that, I've already won.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:19:21 PM

Does he regret it? Probably not. And I'm totally okay with that. It's actually one of the reasons that I invested. Evan is a smart guy who isn't held back by having to play by the rules. Ethics are for losers. That's why I think Monero will probably founder in the long run. The team is too ethical and concerned with fairness. We all know that nice guys finish last, which is why my money's on Dash. (And yours should be too, unless you want to be an ethical indigent.)

Here's a concrete example of how ethics are holding Monero back. The Monero team keeps blathering on about how Dash is fundamentally flawed, the masternode system is ripe for attacks, etc ad infinitum. If they weren't ethical imbeciles, they'd find ways to attack Dash (or pay someone else to do it). If Dash were to collapse, Monero would likely capture the bulk of Dash's previously held market share. Then the Monero devs would have more resources with which to fund development. But nope, we can't do that, that wouldn't be fair! Instead we'll cry about how we're losing to a competitor who we consider to be fundamentally flawed! Pathetic.

If you feel Dash is flawed, do something about it instead of making threads and crying.

I'm very much pro Dash. It might sound like FUD, but I honestly believe that Dash will prevail over Monero. As determined by market cap. Plus the masternode system is just plain awesome. 10-15% yearly returns and all I have to do is pay hosting fees for a server ? Yes please.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:28:08 PM

It's not a question of 'hating you'.

The (lack of) integrity of your posts speaks for itself. You've been waging a campaign who's scope has gone way beyond its original basis. A coin emission curve is a convention. Nothing more. All DRK did was break with convention.

This isn't about Dash / Darkcoin. It's about another agenda for which Darkcoin's 'instamine' is a handy cover. So the spotlight must now turn on your campaign - what it is and why.

I have my own opinions on that which is that your attempting to compromise the public blockchain and sell us the idea that we don't need transparency in a new financial system when in fact thats the one thing that can save this whole industry from the same fate as the toxic legacy monetary racket.

The idea that 'we don't need transparency'  seems to go hand in hand with:

• your maligning of a developer who is attempting to improve fungibility  WITHOUT compromising transparency
• your pushing the idea that "invisibility" = "fungibility" (which it doesn't)
• the extreme use of sock puppets to promote your agenda

For the record, the only one of your team that comes out of this with any integrity IMO is Fluffypony. Although I've had my run ins with him, I think most of his work and posts have been made in good faith. I've disagreed many times with him but I can't say I've ever seen anything he's posted that is other than genuine. I don't think he really knows what his part in this whole agenda is.

However, anyone who has any clue about how money works, how the gold market works, or what base money vs credit money is all about, would instantly understand that Cryptonote is a recipe for the wholesale corruption of electronic money by removing the public blockchain from public scrutiny.

To me, every single post you make and all those of your sockpuppets would appear to be desperately promoting this agenda.
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:31:28 PM

Devs profit the most from altcoins, so it does not matter which altcoin is the bigger scam.
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:31:40 PM

Toknormal is right. If anyone had a problem with Evan changing the emission, they could have left then and there. But most people didn't. They supported the change. So who are you to tell the community that a currency's emission can't be changed?
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:34:34 PM

Here's a concrete example of how ethics are holding Monero back. The Monero team keeps blathering on about how Dash is fundamentally flawed, the masternode system is ripe for attacks, etc ad infinitum. If they weren't ethical imbeciles, they'd find ways to attack Dash (or pay someone else to do it). If Dash were to collapse, Monero would likely capture the bulk of Dash's previously held market share. Then the Monero devs would have more resources with which to fund development. But nope, we can't do that, that wouldn't be fair! Instead we'll cry about how we're losing to competitor who we consider to be fundamentally flawed! Pathetic.

I'm very much pro Dash. It might sound like FUD, but I honestly believe that Dash will prevail over Monero. As determined by market cap. Plus the masternode system is just plain awesome. 10-15% yearly returns and all I have to do is pay hosting fees for a server ? Yes please.

Well it does sound like FUD, because reading your first comment, you imply that Evan did instamine and that he isn't 'held back by having to play by the rules', i.e. he breaks rules.   Then you imply the Monero devs are 'too ethical' which is what a lot of people on BCT are saying totally the opposite on account of them attacking their competitors daily instead of delivering stuff they promised 6 months ago.  And you sprinkle in things like 'if dash would collapse the money will go to monero" which is just the kind of thing Monero investors love to hear. Also you try to present some symmetry between Dash / Monero like "which one will win? i dont know" when obviously Monero is struggling daily to keep it's market cap above Bytecoin and Dash is the leading alt after Litecoin, and this is quite common strategy of XMR trying to cyphen off Dash marketcap.  So it really comes across like FUD, packaged within a FUD of being a Dash investor just in it for the money...who knows?  Wink
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:39:03 PM

Well it does sound like FUD, because reading your first comment, you imply that Evan did instamine and that he isn't 'held back by having to play by the rules', i.e. he breaks rules.   Then you imply the Monero devs are 'too ethical' which is what a lot of people on BCT are saying totally the opposite on account of them attacking their competitors daily instead of delivering stuff they promised 6 months ago.  And you sprinkle in things like 'if dash would collapse the money will go to monero" which is just the kind of thing Monero investors love to hear. Also you try to present some symmetry between Dash / Monero like "which one will win? i dont know" when obviously Monero is struggling daily to keep it's market cap above Bytecoin and Dash is the leading alt after Litecoin, and this is quite common strategy of XMR trying to cyphen off Dash marketcap.  So it really comes across like FUD, packaged within a FUD of being a Dash investor just in it for the money...who knows?  Wink
My first post to the nearly 5000 page Dash thread was on page 36  Wink I've been with Dash since the beginning, and I'm very happy with what Evan did for me.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:42:00 PM

My first post to the nearly 5000 page Dash thread was on page 36  Wink I've been with Dash since the beginning, and I'm very happy with what Evan did for me.

Good for you!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: