Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:46:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31372 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:21:59 PM

* He admits there was a scam and an instamine.

Stop lying and selectively misreporting what I say, please:

Quote from: smooth
In fact the coins were created at the rate specified in the original design but not what some people (myself included) thought was being discussed on the original thread. But in fact the coins did (and do) match the formula:

Coins were created at a normal smooth rate according to the published formula right from the start

Instead, I suggest you come up with some quotes from Evan where he explains why there was not a huge Dash instamine. GLWT.

There was objectively no Monoro instamine, and no one other than the latest iteration of the constant drone of rabid "Monero Is A Scam" nut jobs things it was a scam either.

Dash, on the other hand, had a sham of a launch schedule (proven with quotes from Evan himself, and others), massive 2 million coin instamine (proven with blockchain), a coin supply cut multiplying the original instamine by 4x, and then 45% of subsequent supply redirected back to existing coin holders (e.g. insider whales and instaminers), brining the total blatant manipulation and rip off by Evan to 8.88x. In other words, a huge scam that Evan may or may not regret.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:30:35 PM

Now, now.

One particular idiot....

We all read what you admitted to:

Can you see how smooth our white knight is, dear reader?

..... we can now see that we were proposing to take the original 150k coins that were mined at the original rate, turn them into 75k using a reverse stock split, and then reduce the rate going forward. Later this was changed to a crowdfunding approach where the early miners would have donated half their coins to a bounty fund, but either way, they were not going to get to keep them (unlike Dash).

...The whole point of this proposal was to avoid being an instamine[/i] by not giving any advantage to the earliest miners (who would have had their faster-mined coin holdings cut in half). ...

In the end, however, no change was made. The Monero community decided to honor the original social contract and not reduce the emission rate.

He admits to a scam launch, gives us a sense that something was going to be done about it and in the end nothing was done about it.

* He also admits nothing was done about it.

But that, apparently, is all ok. Because our White Knight explained everything that was going to be done to make the scam and instamine ok, even if it wasn't, in the end.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:33:24 PM

We all read what you admitted to:

In the end, however, no change was made. The Monero community decided to honor the original social contract and not reduce the emission rate.

We sure did, what I "admitted" to was no manipulation has ever been done, unlike the Dash scam that is changed on a whim every time its Leader wants to pump up the instaminers' and insiders' holdings some more.

Nor, again unlike Dash, were any extra coins created due to bugs or "bugs" that the instaminers just kept (unlike Bitcoin, where the bug coins were destroyed).

I wonder, though, why Evan's changes always adding to the value of instaminers' holdings and never reducing it? Could it be that he doesn't regret instamining Dash after all, and he's still working to make it an even bigger rip off?

Hey idiot, every time you go back to your drooling and incoherent "Monero Is A Scam" defense of Dash it just makes it that much more clear that you have no defense of Dash. Dash is indefensible.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:52:56 PM

The instamine scam was executed in such a deliberate manner, its hard to imagine he actually regrets it. If anything,  he regrets not being a little more subtle about it.

Thing is, had he simply instamined the coin at launch, I doubt anyone would really care. Same with being a little deceptive about the launch date/time. But purposefully setting the emission to be 100x during said instamine and claiming it was an accident? Dispicable... unforgivable... CRIMINAL.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:01:44 AM

Hey idiot, every time you go back to your drooling and incoherent "Monero Is A Scam" defense of Dash it just makes it that much more clear that you have no defense of Dash. Dash is indefensible.

Name calling again? What's that like 5, 6, 7 times?

Can't handle the facts about the Proven Monero Scam Luanch?

Let's see if bully boys can take it as much as they like giving it.

The way I see things is that Smooth motherfuckers, sound like scam motherfuckers, to smart motherfuckers.

Here is your admission of the Proven Monero Scam Launch.

Can you see how smooth our white knight is, dear reader?

..... we can now see that we were proposing to take the original 150k coins that were mined at the original rate, turn them into 75k using a reverse stock split, and then reduce the rate going forward. Later this was changed to a crowdfunding approach where the early miners would have donated half their coins to a bounty fund, but either way, they were not going to get to keep them (unlike Dash).

...The whole point of this proposal was to avoid being an instamine[/i] by not giving any advantage to the earliest miners (who would have had their faster-mined coin holdings cut in half). ...

He admits to a scam launch, gives us a sense that something was going to be done about it and in the end nothing was done about it.

* He also admits nothing was done about it.

But that, apparently, is all ok. Because our White Knight explained everything that was going to be done to make the scam and instamine ok, even if it wasn't, in the end.

So you're cheerleading this gang to smear, when you're up to your neck in it.

lol.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:04:24 AM

I'm so obsessed with Monero that I spam off-topic about it constantly on threads about Dash

Why are you so obsessed with Monero?

Or maybe, it's just a (transparent) confusion and obfuscation technique since you can't actually defend Dash.

Is it true ?

Looks like the verdict is in:

/thread
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:10:43 AM

I have nothing against Monero or Monero supporters or investors. Even the Trolleros. I can put them on ignore. I forget how many of them are on ignore.

I probably still have some Monero on Polo.

You are obviously not listening because you are so fixated on a smear campaign.

It really is shameful for a lead dev to be undertaking, sorry, leading such a smear campaign.

Lead devs lead by example, and this is the shameful example you choose to lead with.

I've said the same thing several times.

I'd rather just agree to disagree. Move on back to being a dev of a big important project. If others want to be Trolleros, let them. They can have all the 'dash instamine' threads they want.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:13:02 AM

I have nothing against Monero or Monero supporters or investors.

Thank you, now GTFO unless you can stay on topic.

/thread x2

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 12:14:24 AM

I'm so obsessed with Monero that I spam off-topic about it constantly on threads about Dash

Why are you so obsessed with Monero?

Or maybe, it's just a (transparent) confusion and obfuscation technique since you can't actually defend Dash.

Is it true ?

Looks like the verdict is in:

/thread

If you look at the meme he's posting it's of a dasher trying to hide the truth of Evan's scaminess under the rug of labeling Monero a scam by using supposition posed as evidence. That's what a psychologist would call a Freudian rug.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:20:07 AM

I have nothing against Monero or Monero supporters or investors.

Thank you, now GTFO unless you can stay on topic.

/thread x2

lol

You are using these threads to build a smear campaign.

Meanwhile Monero is still an alpha level code that needs its devs.

So is this smear campaign orchestrated by you to clear the way?  Can't compete otherwise?

lol
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:22:12 AM

meme of a dasher trying to hide the truth of Evan's scaminess under the rug of labeling Monero a scam by using supposition posed as evidence.

Nice try, but no, obfuscation and misdirection is not an effective defense of the Dash instamine and Evan's deception and manipulation.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:26:18 AM

meme of a dasher trying to hide the truth of Evan's scaminess under the rug of labeling Monero a scam by using supposition posed as evidence.

Nice try, but no, obfuscation and misdirection is not an effective defense of the Dash instamine and Evan's deception and manipulation.

lol

To ignore a scam is to be part of the scam. I'm sure you say things like that when you're out on your white horse policing the threads.

Why are you now ignoring the Proven Scam Monero Launch?

Hiding something?

lol
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:29:52 AM

Why do you keep repeating yourself? Out of defenses of Dash's instamine and deception and manipulation by Evan? Oh that's right, you never had any to begin with.

Hiding something?

No. If I were, it would make more sense to leave scams like Dash alone so as to not invite scrutiny of Monero. In fact your scrutiny of Monero has been very effective in showing it to be clean (which anyone with half a brain already knew). After days and pages and pages of desperate attempts to come up with some theory of a Monero Scam launch you've found zero actual evidence. That is the best advertisement of Monero we could hope for. Thank you.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:36:39 AM

...you've found zero actual evidence....

Zero?

Really?

....We've admitted to the crippled miner. ..

Oh, I see. An admission of guilt is like saying - we admitted scam launch code, so now we're not guilty.

lol.

Shall I go and find some of the scam code itself? You know, the loopty loo code that had people's computers going round and round a million times, while those in on the Proven Monero Scam Launch were happily mining like a boss?

What did everyone say at the time, oh, yes: looks like the botnets have started mining. lol. Not botnets, scammers that rigged the launch.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:39:23 AM

coins101 keeps talking about a smear campaign. Which of the facts are you contesting coins101? It isn't a "smear campaign" just because you dont like it. Lol

Meanwhile, you keep talking about Monero as though it has any relevance to this thread.  Huh
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:49:38 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 01:05:10 AM by Prosperityforall

It's pretty clear that coins101 is simply trolling.

T.F.T forked Bytecoin with the unop-ed miner, not any of the 7 devteam now. He knows this yet continues to ask questions that are as logical as asking if 1+1=11(?).

Stick to the topic.

Also while where at that, I'd love to hear your feelings on one of the early instaminers still owning roughly 11% of Dash's coin supply, coins101.

We can only make educated guesses as to who the owner of 11% of Dash's coin supply may be, and a good guess right now is that the owner's name is in the title of this thread.
it's Otoh.

So Otoh has Dash/Darkcoins all the way back from the instamine, what a surprise folks.

The address isn't linked to him at all, going directly against what he said. Still a mystery folks.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:17:36 AM

Prosperity, Smooth etc: I don't remember your real life names? Again... So if you can back your words with your REAL identity we can LISTEN. Also your little "vote" is just that, little. Only 77 "votes" you got for your side? ahahah...
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:21:40 AM

...you've found zero actual evidence....

Zero?

So far. If you stop repeating the same inane shit over and over again, maybe you could find some, though I seriously doubt it.

Really?

Really.

....We've admitted to the crippled miner. ..

Oh, I see. An admission of guilt is like saying - we admitted scam launch code, so now we're not guilty.

That was an admission of a crippled miner being in the code (left over from Bytecoin), not "guilt" about anything. But what is more interesting is that due to your continued probing into the matter (helpful, though not in the way you intended), we finally took a close look at the actual early mining as documented in the blockchain:

If you look at the difficulty on the network at say block 5000 (middle of the first week) it was about 100k.

http://moneroblocks.eu/search/5000

Block difficulty 109110

That's a hash rate of 1818.5. A high end desktop hash rate using the crippled miner as we've seen earlier in this thread was about 8, so that was around 200 high end desktops mining at that point. Servers were/are faster.

Nobody was mining (much if at all) with a super-fast optimized miner in the first week. It's just not plausible given these numbers. This suggests that TFT didn't even know about the optimized miner from Bytecoin or didn't have access to it. Or maybe he was just honest (but weird) and didn't use it.

So it seems with a hash rate of around 200 desktops (or 50-100 server), dozens of people posting on the thread, known large miners mining it, known miners using cloud computing, this is totally inconsistent with the hypothesis of an optimized miner being used by the developer (for more than an insignificant amount, if at all).

What did everyone say at the time, oh, yes: looks like the botnets have started mining. lol. Not botnets, scammers that rigged the launch.

Incorrect. The hash rate increased later (after the first several days -- see hash rate from the block chain after 3.5 days above), raising questions of botnets (doubtful for other reasons, but that's another topic). This still does not support (and in fact helps refute) the theory of the developer doing anything. A developer with full control over the launch schedule and knowledge of optimized mining would want to mine as much as possible as fast as possible starting right from launch, the way Evan did.

There is no evidence of any exploitation of the Bytecoin crippled miner in Monero, and that lack of evidence given the level of transparency of a blockchain can be reasonably interpreted as evidence of absence. By contrast, the Dash instamine by Evan and others definitely did happen and is well-documented in the blockchain.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 01:27:02 AM

Prosperity, Smooth etc: I don't remember your real life names? Again... So if you can back your words with your REAL identity we can LISTEN. Also your little "vote" is just that, little. Only 77 "votes" you got for your side? ahahah...

Actually, it's 89 (74.2%) that believe the instamine was on purpose--with only 12 of those votes believing Evan probably regrets it. So.....

Not sure why you need names to verify opinions, facts, or math , Azzaz.

Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 01:41:20 AM

It's my job "i.r.l" to investigate and report, so I've naturally brought that into my online presence as well. As I said in earlier posts, I also know better than to blatantly reveal personal information in environments like these. I can release evidence and investigate freely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: