Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:33:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31372 times)
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:38:16 PM

The noobs are lurking. I'll be bumping this thread indefinitely so that THIS never happens again:

Worst advice ever was to buy Dash. I bought some of it before I knew it had a 2million coin instamine scam, so im fucked.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:38:27 PM

The noobs are lurking. I'll be bumping this thread indefinitely so that THIS never happens again:

Worst advice ever was to buy Dash. I bought some of it before I knew it had a 2million coin instamine scam, so im fucked.

so he's a victim of Trollero FUD....now he bought some Trolleros:

whats IRC?

Internet Relay Chat ... something people very much used in the late 90´s and still is in use today.... some may remember the famous QuakeNet from their youth gaming times ( if you are in your 25-40´s Cheesy )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat

In addition, to join the Monero irc channel, just use this link -> https://webchat.freenode.net/, set the channel to #monero and you should be good to go!

oh ok i get it i tried it, it looks so old though?

Is there any more modern looking chatrooms that arent slack. slack sucks its invite only and that ruins adoption

...This is Monero's target market, noobs with 0.1 BTC who they can FUD into believing that Dash "is a scam!!&$^#*!!" when it's the biggest success story in alts.  It's not going to make any difference, and I hope this poor guy didn't sell his Dash he bought 2 weeks ago because a lot of people think Dash price is cheap right now.
Vispicious

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:23:51 PM

whats IRC?

Internet Relay Chat ... something people very much used in the late 90´s and still is in use today.... some may remember the famous QuakeNet from their youth gaming times ( if you are in your 25-40´s Cheesy )

In addition, to join the Monero irc channel, just use this link -> https://webchat.freenode.net/, set the channel to #monero and you should be good to go!

Is there any more modern looking chatrooms that arent slack. slack sucks its invite only and that ruins adoption

...This is Monero's target market, noobs with 0.1 BTC who they can FUD into believing that Dash "is a scam!!&$^#*!!" when it's the biggest success story in alts.  It's not going to make any difference, and I hope this poor guy didn't sell his Dash he bought 2 weeks ago because a lot of people think Dash price is cheap right now.

hey guess what FUCK YOU. I dont expect people to call me names when im not even in this!!!

I found out about the dash instamine scam on my own without any monero peoples help from GOOGLE! You idiot thats why i was so mad cause i bought before knowing what had happened!

yes IDGAF about how well the investement performs im looking to buy LONGTERM, and as soon as Dash gets pumped again im selling my shit.

Fuck instamines and you too, i also have 5 btc not 0.1 btc!.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 03:31:27 PM

whats IRC?

Blocka, you are so delusional. You act like someone from Monero made this thread to fit your narrative that only Monerians think Dash is an instamined scam. I don't know who the OP is, do you? He could be a litecoin fan, he could be a shadowcash fan, she could be a crave fan, she could be someone who abhors instamines--everything you say on this is conjecture until you have some facts to base your accusations on. But none of this changes dash's instamine, now does it--

As for FUD turning Dash into a scam, that's absurd because Evan did that by instaming it and then never relaunching--get it through your thick heads Dashers, THIS INSTAMINE WILL FOLLOW YOU UNTIL THE COIN IS DEAD. So get used to it, or pick a new coin to apologize for

Facts unchanged by bashing Monero:

--Over 500,000 dash mined in the first hour.

--Over 1,500,000 dash mined in the first 8 hours

--Over 35% of current supply mined in the first 2 days

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:11:40 PM

Facts unchanged by bashing Monero:....

--Over 500,000 dash mined in the first hour.....

...and despite that it's still about 100 times more investible than anything out there.

So much for 'perfect' launches.

Just as well I'm buying the future. You help yourself to the past.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 04:34:05 PM

Facts unchanged by bashing Monero:....

--Over 500,000 dash mined in the first hour.....

...and despite that it's still about 100 times more investible than anything out there.

So much for 'perfect' launches.

Just as well I'm buying the future. You help yourself to the past.

Facts speak for themselves, no need to doll them up with chimerical speculation or turn out tired phrases that won't be verifiable as true until they are or aren't. Even Bitcoin's market cap is a millionth of a second lead in a marathon race for marketcaps in the trillions, so excuse me if I don't OOOhhh and AHHH over a paltry 10 million dollar lead. This is a race that will be measured in years not days, so enjoy it while you can.

And still your coin is instamined....

BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:27:16 PM

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

Generalize - this ^
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:31:31 PM

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

Generalize - this ^

If this is true, why do you even fight the instamine label--seems like a big waste of time  Wink

Oh yeah, to get to trillions it will take institutional investors who are known to vet poorly orchestrated business models and scams.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:35:32 PM

This is a race that will be measured in years

...if you're an XMR holder waiting on a feature.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:38:07 PM

Better that than waiting for an instamine to go away....

How many name changes is that--seems that tactic isn't working well  Wink

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:39:55 PM

Not really.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:41:24 PM

Not really.

Says the fool.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:51:59 PM

Not really.

Says the fool.

Bitcointalk ping pong. Quite theraputic. I happen to be a database developer for living - if you want I'll write you a little app to automate your responses. You might get some of your life back.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 06:57:37 PM

Not really.

Says the fool.

Bitcointalk ping pong. Quite theraputic. I happen to be a database developer for living - if you want I'll write you a little app to automate your responses. You might get some of your life back.

Until this stops being your quotation, you will be a fool. It's like Dash's instamine--you make, you own it.

Cryptography has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:04:21 PM

Until this stops being your quotation, you will be a fool. It's like Dash's instamine--you make, you own it.

So be it.

I'll be the fool then and you be the sensible investor. Don't complain I didn't offer though. You could have saved yourself a lot of repetitive typing and still enjoy those returns at the end of this "many years long" race Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 07:07:39 PM

So be it.

I'll be the fool then and you be the sensible investor. Don't complain I didn't offer though. You could have saved yourself a lot of repetitive typing and still enjoy those returns at the end of this "many years long" race Wink

Still instamined. Still institutional investor repellent. Still a short-term play in a patient man's game.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:13:29 PM

For sure regret it today. But those that was mining at that time dont.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:58:49 PM

Whenever coins101 begins his obvious trolling, direct him to this post.

Let me sum it up entirely:

Dash:

Evan Duffield who is Dash's developer, released Dash before it's intended release date and started mining it then. This means Dash also has a premine as well. During the first 2 days of Dash's existence, there was 500 coins per block that was being mined, and from that, 2million+ coins were mined. After 2million+ coins were mined in the first 2 days, the 500 coins per block output was reduced/sliced and diced to under 100, instantly making those instamined/premined coins worth more. Then to make things worse, the max coin supply was cut from avg. 80million to 20million. However, the likely scam/fraud didn't finish then, as all of that was done while mining was restricted to Linux-only users(90%+ of all people use Windows), and for a period of time, the only person able to mine Dash was it's developer, Evan Duffield, as the public miner wasn't working.  

What does the stat "90%+ of all people use Windows" has to do with this? More relevant stat would be, what percentage of crypto currency miners have access to Linux.

What to gain from that? Well for starters, Dash started off as a likely undeniable scam. It's Objective, as the history of this is recorded in the blockchain. None of this is personal, nor opinionated, it is all Fact. To make things even worse however, there's still an address that owns 11% of all Dash currently in existence, with inputs dating back to the instamine: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/wallet.dws?559582.htm. So besides the fact that close to 40% of all Dash in existence currently were instamined in 2 days, there's also a guy that owns 11% of all dash. So practically 50% of all Dash *coins* are owned by the instaminers and 1 person, that's an absolute despicable distribution.

Having a strong hand and an investor is a positive thing for every other coin except DASH?

Also your logic that 50% is owned by instaminers is just flawed, or are you claiming that none of them has sold any coins? You're just putting numbers and pieces together and constructing fabricated results that suit your agenda.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:04:19 PM

institutional investor repellent

That sounds like some kind of handy insect spray - one of your more creative posts I must say.

Between your 'social contracts' and your 'repellents' at least your little campaign is mining some interesting new vocabulary.

neordicICE

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:39:56 PM

institutional investor repellent

That sounds like some kind of handy insect spray - one of your more creative posts I must say.

Between your 'social contracts' and your 'repellents' at least your little campaign is mining some interesting new vocabulary.

yeah that's funny. we should invent it and start selling it in the altcoin section.  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: