Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:20:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does Evan regret instamining at 100x emission?
YES - It was an accident, he's an honest dev and regrets not relaunching the coin fairly - 24 (12.8%)
YES - he did it on purpose but got too greedy and has regrets due to how hated the coin is now - 21 (11.2%)
NO - It was an accident, but it worked out well for him. No regrets. - 27 (14.4%)
NO - he knowingly engaged in premeditated fraud and profited immensely from it - 116 (61.7%)
Total Voters: 188

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Does EVAN DUFFIELD regret instamining DRK/DASH at 100x emission?  (Read 31370 times)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 08:14:50 AM

ok. Lets ask you what you meant at the time. Perhaps that will help us to resolve this question. Who knows, you might be right, I'm just curious:

I suppose this can still work if the emissions curve is flat-ish like BTC (i.e. not as much advantage to early mining).

My recollection from reviewing the code changes is that the emissions should be about 1/4 the speed of bytecoin.

Not much advantage to early mining is relative though. Perhaps you have heard about Satoshi's 1m+ bitcoins?

The emissions were and are 1/4 the speed of bytecoin in terms of blocks (change of the speed factor from 2-18 to 2-20 = 1/4). That was the exact day of launch and I wasn't involved with development so at that point I didn't yet recognize that the block time change reduced that difference by half. Nevertheless, it still works out to 1/2 the speed of Bytecoin i.e. flatter.

Do try to stay on topic though.

Interesting.

So the emissions weren't as advertised.

Now we have conflicting statements. The announcements say a slower emissions curve, similar to bitcoin, but the actual code, which you reviewed, was completely different.

Yeah. I haven't changed my mind. This is still looking more and more like a scam launch.

And the fact we have to uncover these things is a little telling.

'Smooth looked at the code before launch'.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

FTFY

Still facts:

--575,000 dash mined in the first hour

--Over 1,500,000 dash mined in the first 8 hours

--Over 35% of current emission mined in first 2 days

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:24:07 AM

You Moreno guys are just a cancer for the crypto community. Just improve your lousy coin and try to beat us in the markets like grown ups do instead of your pathetic FUD campaings in BTC talk.

Shame on you.

Shame on you for supporting an instamined coin with weak anonymity features pretending to be fairly launched and anonymous.

Weak anonymity? If you're referring to the NSA being able to infiltrate on all of the masternodes then I have news for you, NSA already has access to your personal computer anyway. Being NSA proof is not the objective here, at least not until consumers can easily purchase open source hardware.
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:24:46 AM

You Moreno guys are just a cancer for the crypto community. Just improve your lousy coin and try to beat us in the markets like grown ups do instead of your pathetic FUD campaings in BTC talk.

Shame on you.

Shame on you for supporting an instamined coin with weak anonymity features pretending to be fairly launched and anonymous.

Sorry, I dont "pretend" anything. I know the truth because I was there. I never mined, I bought some of these "instamined" coins in the market. I know the official version is truth because I bought some of it.  

look, an small example from my personal records:

Compradas el 08/02/2014  264DRK   a 0.000161    BTC      0,042504

About the "weak anonymity"  --> Break it, then u can talk.

I repeat: Stop crying, start doing something useful for the crypto community (Moreno, Bitcoin, wherever)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:52:10 AM

If you don't like the instamine label, do something about it or move to another coin. You made it, you own it.

First of all, it's you thats got the problem, not holders of Dash who are quite happy with their asset.

Secondly, your problem isn't with the 'instamine', it's with marketcap since I very much doubt you'd pay this much attention and invest this much effort in attempting to convince an audience to adopt your valuation priorities (as opposed to theirs) with a sub $1 million cap coin. So stop pretending this is about some kind of ethics nonsense. Most of us who've been around a while can distinguish between the sight of low flying teddy bears emanating from those whose agenda didn't get commercially endorsed, and a coin dev who's genuinely interested in advancing the cause of crypto.

Nobody wants your bullshit invisible money that tries to pass for 'fungibility' and followed a perfect 'emission curve'. Thats why it continues to be dumped day in day out and took the most manipulated market in history to get it to its recent high anyway where a 200 BTC buywall means it's about to crash by 30% in value - just as well you haven't got a richlist because 'the rich' are the only people with anything to loose from one.
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:23:30 AM

If one more Moreno guy talk about the initial distribution PM me.

I can prove (with screenshots) that the initial distribution was fair in the markets (low price distribuition for several weeks)

Glorious old c-cex that keep the records. I'll check my history in other exchanges. 
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 09:27:05 AM

Here is what Monero team don't seem to get including GingerAle, Fluffypony and Smooth. People don't care about Monero Launch scam, or DASH early mistake or Satoshi getting 1 Million bitcoins or even any other coin that the CREATER gets. I am no tech guy but Nakamoto Satoshi created this amazing idea that you or anyone here wouldn't even think it exist before he did it so I am no one to say you should not get that 1 million coins! Evan created instant transactions great this can get interesting, what did YOU do to crypto beside CRY"P"TO about people out of you're league in forums? what did MONERO add to anything, is there something new in you're agenda that can get me as investor to think well this coin MIGHT have a chance to be up there with the big boys?

~ Truth is incompetence does not bring smart money so you can say all you want, i've seen this before and still do in Bitcoin forums hating on Bitcoin itself by losers and low achievers and you're nothing but another loser.

it's true.

they made the miscalculation that if they throw enough sh*t at Dash they can hurt it enough so their coin can replace it - claims that "instamine=scam=bad investment" was their weapon of choice.  The only problem, Dash is a strong coin with big community and the most innovation, delivering new features people want, it has survived many attacks before, including this same one. Monero is a single-exchange clone made by fraud devs who do zero development unless it helps their personal agenda.

Smooth - you totally destroyed monero's image, this is you and fluffy's fault.  And now the only thing keeping you on Poloniex is a load of fake buy walls from whales like Warz who don't want to sh*t the money bed and think if they can fix the price where it is Monero's image will recover....it won't thanks to you, because you've just exposed Monero as an off-the-shelf scam-clone launch-scam with devs who can't be bothered to work but are fixated on attacking your biggest competitor to try to 'prove' to people you ambush around BCT that monero is better because Dash is illegitimate because you say so - playground tactics not serious development as you would expect if Monero had real value.

you don't see this yet i guess, but i do...way to give value to your investors and help take crypto forward.

bump - why this poll even exists.

It exists because they did too much shit ( and catapulted out ) at DASH tread. Obviously they can not do this in MONERO tread.

And... I do not see any newbies here too? Is this tread aimed to them? What a joke...

Have you noticed how they always mis quote people whenever anyone says incompetence Monero dev's? haha

I would love to see how many of those are Monero supporters or dev's can we have name's of all the voters please? LOL

Cry"p"to in forums, here is a new deal for Monero developers i'll spend 20 bitcoins into Monero's dead coin "since they can't bring ANYTHING new to crypto" if they do give us something new like something would make me say WOW they are actually working and not copying from byte or other coins anymore; or changing a color of a copied "LOL" GUI wallet from red to blue LOOOOOOOOOOL

Incompetence does not bring smart money, so RIGHT NOW show me what is in ur agenda if you got nothing then stop creating new accounts bashing Evan or wasting time as developers you're just making Monero look really really bad with you're CRY"P"TO in forums lol.

I'll raise that to 30 BTC, Is it that hard to give the public you're next agenda? that of course if you had one.
Smooth, FluffyPony, and other Monero's developer team agenda for 2015 since they can not compete with EVAN coding skills and developing genius ideas

1. Changing our copied GUI wallet color from RED to BLUE.
2. Create once or twice a week a thread about EVAN even though we have starting problems just like every other coin did.
3. We Cry"p"to about it in forums.
4. Wait for another coin like Byte to coin from or actually for Byte to do something new and we change colors maybe?
5. THIS IS IMPORTANT let's all pray that monero investors don't get mad at us and ask for a newer team to actually do some work.
6. Hope their investors don't do what OTOH did and moving on with DASH.
7. Cry"p"to about it in to forums even more when our daily volume is like this in all the exchanges LOL
Monero$ 3,489,080   $ 0.469919   7,424,855 XMR   $ 19,521   -5.20 %

If you don't like the instamine label, do something about it or move to another coin. You made it, you own it.

First of all, it's you thats got the problem, not holders of Dash who are quite happy with their asset.

Secondly, your problem isn't with the 'instamine', it's with marketcap since I very much doubt you'd pay this much attention and invest this much effort in attempting to convince an audience to adopt your valuation priorities (as opposed to theirs) with a sub $1 million cap coin. So stop pretending this is about some kind of ethics nonsense. Most of us who've been around a while can distinguish between the sight of low flying teddy bears emanating from those whose agenda didn't get commercially endorsed, and a coin dev who's genuinely interested in advancing the cause of crypto.

Nobody wants your bullshit invisible money that tries to pass for 'fungibility' and followed a perfect 'emission curve'. Thats why it continues to be dumped day in day out and took the most manipulated market in history to get it to its recent high anyway where a 200 BTC buywall means it's about to crash by 30% in value - just as well you haven't got a richlist because 'the rich' are the only people with anything to loose from one.

Who ever digs a whole for he's brother he himself will fall into that whole, poor Monero developers now they are stuck and don't know what to do next some one PLEASE  give them a towel to clean their face's with.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:44:56 AM

If it breaks, why would anybody talk about it, Darkcoin/Dash will be dead in an instant. The need of talks is before that
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:26:55 AM

If it breaks, why would anybody talk about it, Darkcoin/Dash will be dead in an instant. The need of talks is before that

You spreading the same FUD shit all over Bitcointalk, day after day the same shit. I am really sick of you guys, and I think most of the crypto scene too.

Please bring the community prove of your statement. I challenge you and your mates, (and I'm a bag holder, lot to lose) To BREAK DASH.

After that u can talk, otherwise you are a pathetic fudder trying to promote a dead coin.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:32:31 AM

If it breaks, why would anybody talk about it, Darkcoin/Dash will be dead in an instant

I very much doubt it.

Cryptonote-based coins definitely would be (and maybe thats the perspective on which your remark is based), because the entire basis for their existence is the cryptography which 'hides' the blockchain from view. There is no other redundancy.

Dash on the other hand does not 'mix' at the point of transaction, nor does it's approach depend on 'hiding' the blockchain to implement anonymity. It is pre-emptive, so the coin supply is constantly being anonymised, not just in my wallet but in others as well. If a single transaction were to be "de-anonymised", so what ? The overall fungibility of the coin supply is still intact (because Dash does not rely on 'visibility' to implement fungibility).
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:56:43 AM

I agree it is fucking annoying. I wish this discussion would stop, it's like Groundhog Day without the fun.

And I say this as someone who positively despises DASH and the more vocal part of its community. Just as some of you despise Monero.

We all have our opinions, we all placed our bets now #@&%ing let it be.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
AdamWhite

Activity: 605

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:46:56 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 02:54:59 PM by AdamWhite

Like I said earlier:

The noobs are lurking. I'll be bumping this thread indefinitely so that THIS never happens again:

Worst advice ever was to buy Dash. I bought some of it before I knew it had a 2million coin instamine scam, so im fucked.

You don't like the topic, how bout you not click on it? The DASHtards are doing a fantastic job covering up the instamine fraud.. the only place they mention it is a watered down version on a shitty wiki no one reads. Gee, I wonder why it's not in the OP if they're so honest and open about it.  Roll Eyes

Evan can easily come out and say "Fuck yeah I instamined all those coins and used them for development." - but since he won't and the rest of the cult members continue trying to deceive people into believing the "oops! I accidentally mined 575,500 coins in the first HOUR, 1.5 million in the first 8 hours... my bad. BTW i'm keeping the coins" story, threads like this one will continue to appear.. and rightfully so.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:08:14 PM

Funny you say that when people from Monero including you going to Dash's thread and cry"p"to about it there. The irony is overwhelming

Beside's Monero is moderated and DASH isn't, stop creating noob accounts and maybe ask Monero developers to actually work?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
aleix
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:19:53 PM

Like I said earlier:

The noobs are lurking. I'll be bumping this thread indefinitely so that THIS never happens again:

Worst advice ever was to buy Dash. I bought some of it before I knew it had a 2million coin instamine scam, so im fucked.

You don't like the topic, how bout you not click on it? The DASHtards are doing a fantastic job covering up the instamine fraud.. the only place they mention it is a watered down version on a shitty wiki no one reads. Gee, I wonder why it's not in the OP if they're so honest and open about it.  Roll Eyes

If Evan wasn't such a coward he'd come out and say "Fuck yeah I instamined all those coins and used them for development." - but since he IS a coward and a liar, and he and the rest of the cult members continue trying to deceive people into believing the "oops! I accidentally mined 575,500 coins in the first HOUR, 1.5 million in the first 8 hours... my bad. BTW i'm keeping the coins" story, threads like this one will continue to appear.. and rightfully so.

ok then, keep creating the same threads over and over spreading FUD and lies. Cryto scene are sick of you guys.

The coins were distributed long time ago. I was smart enough to buy a stake of it because i do MY FUKING HOMEWORK, instead of posting shit of other coins.

You missed it. Get over it.

As @Shrikez  well said some of us are adults, and we can make our own decisions.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:28:25 PM

You don't like the topic, how bout you not click on it?

When the cryptonote "now-you-see-it-now-you-don't" easter egg has faded out of existence, at least we know we'll still have AdamWhite rattling around in his own echo chamber as testimony to its legacy with nuggets of wisdom such as that one.

Shame he can't read his own posts.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:08:18 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2015, 04:18:19 PM by BlockaFett

Funny you say that when people from Monero including you going to Dash's thread and cry"p"to about it there. The irony is overwhelming

Beside's Monero is moderated and DASH isn't, stop creating noob accounts and maybe ask Monero developers to actually work?

Actually Monero core team *are* developing, just not Monero:

Smooth takes over development of Aeon:

Welcome back

This thread and the other coin resources have been turned over to me by the original developer.

Source code on the main github has been updated: https://github.com/aeonix/aeon

I will continue to maintain the source code

Aeon being a rival to Monero with same features / Cryptonote code:

Coin Information:
- True anonymity & data protection
- Untraceable payments uses ring signature
- Unlinkable transactions with random data by the sender
- Blockchain analysis resistant
- CPU/GPU mining, ASIC-resistant

Where he is working hard... (I know...a Monero core dev developing, but this time it's true)

Update on Release Phoenix

Release Phoenix is a go!

I've successfully competed testing of:

1. New PoW
2. Block time switch to 4 minutes
3. Difficulty transition adjustment (prevents blocks from being mined too fast after switching to faster PoW)

I will be announcing a test release shortly, so people can try building and running on your own systems (it is set up to run separately from the main network).

Assuming no problems with the test release I will then push out a new general release with the hard fork set at some block in the future and a few other minor improvements.

And his donations are rolling in:

Please read if you made a large donation recently

Someone sent a rather huge donation that got broken up into many pieces of about 150 each. However, it is so many pieces that I'm not sure they will all be mined within the 24 hour mempool time limit. I suggest that whoever did that wait a few days and then rescan your wallet by renaming the data file and letting simplewallet recreate it from just the .keys file). You'll recover any coins that may have been left behind.

The donations balance is now almost 100k and still rising as pieces of the mega-donation continue to be mined:

balance: 97856.062685117730, unlocked balance: 97096.502245557293

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for the donations! I'm overwhelmed with the outpouring of support.

Meanwhile Monero investors are asking for a GUI and non-volatile blockchain, which is already *1 year late* since their devs cloned Bytecoin and launched the Monero "crippled-miner scam":

So we're slowly inching our way through the doldrums...community activity, trading volume, development? Are we going to reach the tradewinds soon? These flapping sails are unnerving.

The only thing that is going to stop that is a production ready database implementation and a simple to install and run official gui. Or credible information pertaining to the progress in these areas which speculators can use to price in a future release production ready database implementation and a simple to install and run official gui.

While fellow Monero core dev FluffyPony is working on PayBee, a 3rd party payment site for alts, and a rehash of a previous failed-scheme where he tried to raise $200k from Vertcoin investors for his vertpay.com project.

Hard to believe I know...and all this as well as their valued contribution by posting 1000's of times about how Dash has an "instamine!!!" 15 months after it was already dealt with by the community and priced-in to the market.  

And no conflict of interest by Monero Devs who spend 0% of their time developing Monero, but 100% of their time either *attacking or developing* the competition.

Go figure Wink

AdamWhite

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:27:22 PM

I just have to laugh at all the "adults" in here whining about a thread in the Altcoin section of Bitcointalk. 147 people cared enough to vote. Stop trying to censor people.  

Toknormal how many times do I need to tell you I don't particularly care about Monero? How many more times will I need to say it? But hey, keep deflecting away from the DRK/DASH instamine fraud by trying to associate me with Monero.. it's the only defence you have left.

Speaking of nuggets of wisdon, how's this one?

Not just a dash scam sympathizer but Gox too. Still feel sorry for Mt Gox?

Or how about this gem, before you got rekt by gmaxwell

Cryptography has never been a significant part of cryptocurrency

BlockaFett

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:34:05 PM

I just have to laugh at all the "adults" in here whining about a thread in the Altcoin section of Bitcointalk. 147 people cared enough to vote. Stop trying to censor people.  

Toknormal how many times do I need to tell you I don't particularly care about Monero? How many more times will I need to say it? But hey, keep deflecting away from the DRK/DASH instamine fraud by trying to associate me with Monero.. it's the only defence you have left.

Adam you're a king-troll who made a bad investment on Cryptonote and lost all your savings since which you have been trolling 24/7 a day on the Dash thread / Monero-attack threads.  How do you think you have a shred of credibility to sound so formal when you are one of the biggest Trolls on BCT right now lol?  Not Dash's fault if you invested somewhere else and it went bad for you.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

it's the only defence you have left

I'm not looking for a 'defence' thanks. There's something called an exchange where I can handily disinvest if someone comes along with a convincing enough reason (and it's not like I don't have an incentive since most of the alternatives are a damn site cheaper than the one I'm in).

For example, if you could convince me you'd succeed in your stated intention of several months ago to 'take down' a certain coin you were dis-satisfied with then I might be so inclined.

So far, all you've convinced me of is your ability to type without thinking.
AdamWhite

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:20:26 PM

Funny how you remember some obscure post from months ago but you can't remember the half-dozen times I told you I don't hold or particularly care about Monero. Must be selective memory.
BlockaFett

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:29:47 PM

Funny how you remember some obscure post from months ago but you can't remember the half-dozen times I told you I don't hold or particularly care about Monero. Must be selective memory.

But you do care about CryptoNote and you are one of the most frequent attackers of Dash at the minute along with Smooth & the gang who value Cryptonote same as you.

The common factor of the people attacking Dash right now is - Cryptnote investors - and it all started when DRK made instant transactions and renamed to Dash and said it wasn't just about being an "anon coin" anymore and instead wanted to be the "mastercard to Bitcoin's visa".

So Cryptonote is quickly heading for the trash heap and the investors are angry. hence the massive attack on Dash recently.

QED
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: