Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CREDITS [CRE] | SHA256 | SIDECHAIN | NEW BLOCK-DEPOSIT FEATURE | OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 57352 times)
Markov

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:56:01 AM

Any news on the new wallet?

I can't find it anywhere. I don't mind beta testing it if needs be.

Hey Markov, thanks for the offer. See the post above for info regarding some unforeseen problems in the final stages of testing. Would you like me to publish a binary that you can do beta testing with?

No problem. Send me a link in PM and I'l pick it upin 2 hours once at home.

Here's a publicly available pre-release that you can test from:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17428

Feel free to experiment with it, instructions are in the post. Get back to me if you want to test and let's see how it goes.

Quick update from me: I'm still syncing the blockchain after 12 hours on 2 different systems, 1 on Windows 10 and the other on Linux. It seems to take a lot more time than it did last time I did it in full. I'll let you know where it stands in about 12 hours.

Markov I'm finding the sync is quite a bit more lengthy too after crashing my laptop with my wallet open and having to rebuild it.
From scratch on an Quad core AMD ~2.2 Gh.z laptop its taken over 2 and a half days and I have 16 weeks left on the CRE chain.

P.S. DUMP CRE ON MY FACE BROS Cheesy

What system are you on?
I've got 2 different machines and the Linux Arch was a lot quicker but it is with an i-4790k so quite a lot more powerful than my Windows 10 laptop with an i3.

Gabriel, the Windows 10 seems to be lagging. It was fully synced yesterday but now saying it is 4 hours behind.

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 11:46:10 AM

Hey Markov, thanks for the offer. See the post above for info regarding some unforeseen problems in the final stages of testing. Would you like me to publish a binary that you can do beta testing with?

Feel free to experiment with it, instructions are in the post. Get back to me if you want to test and let's see how it goes.

Quick update from me: I'm still syncing the blockchain after 12 hours on 2 different systems, 1 on Windows 10 and the other on Linux. It seems to take a lot more time than it did last time I did it in full. I'll let you know where it stands in about 12 hours.

Markov I'm finding the sync is quite a bit more lengthy too after crashing my laptop with my wallet open and having to rebuild it.
From scratch on an Quad core AMD ~2.2 Gh.z laptop its taken over 2 and a half days and I have 16 weeks left on the CRE chain.

What system are you on?
I've got 2 different machines and the Linux Arch was a lot quicker but it is with an i-4790k so quite a lot more powerful than my Windows 10 laptop with an i3.

Gabriel, the Windows 10 seems to be lagging. It was fully synced yesterday but now saying it is 4 hours behind.

I'm running win8 OS at the moment.  it's been 3 days syncing..
*only* 12 weeks left on the CRE chain it says thoough. Smiley

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 06:19:18 PM

What system are you on?

I'm running win8 OS at the moment.  it's been 3 days syncing..
*only* 12 weeks left on the CRE chain it says thoough. Smiley

To be fair, you've had slow sync times since day 1, so I think your own equipment has a slight role in that slow sync Wink

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:20:21 AM

Slow syn could be a result from too few peers.
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:09:57 PM

What system are you on?

Ok, thanks for all the feedback. I'll make the "official" release either way tomorrow and then I will try to look at the slow sync problems.

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:12:24 PM

Or having one peer as a sync node that is slow. Since I can not get verifiable results that the latest release is what is causing it, plus that reindex on testnet is much faster, I will make an official release tomorrow, with the same binaries that has already been published for beta testing.

No need to upgrade for anyone who has run the beta tests then...

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 03:54:55 PM

Or having one peer as a sync node that is slow. Since I can not get verifiable results that the latest release is what is causing it, plus that reindex on testnet is much faster, I will make an official release tomorrow, with the same binaries that has already been published for beta testing.

I think you're doing a mistake, the Windows version is not slow, it's extremely slow. I have the Linux version running smoothly but the Windows one took a lot more time to sync, nearly 3 more days. It's not a matter of peers or lack of.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 07:40:10 PM

I think you're doing a mistake, the Windows version is not slow, it's extremely slow. I have the Linux version running smoothly but the Windows one took a lot more time to sync, nearly 3 more days. It's not a matter of peers or lack of.

Are you saying that the Linux version is running good but the win version is running slow?

That would explain that tests (done on Mac) indicated much faster parsing times.

Would you recommend holding back the release until the problem can be resolved?

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:11:56 PM

Are you saying that the Linux version is running good but the win version is running slow?

That would explain that tests (done on Mac) indicated much faster parsing times.

Yes, the Linux version has no issues at all, it works very smoothly. Windows doesn't work properly, it feels as if it kept on disconnecting when syncing the btc blockchain, it grinds to a halt literally.
I would say not to release it but maybe someone else can try the Windows version.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 10:15:45 AM

Yes, the Linux version has no issues at all, it works very smoothly. Windows doesn't work properly, it feels as if it kept on disconnecting when syncing the btc blockchain, it grinds to a halt literally.
I would say not to release it but maybe someone else can try the Windows version.

Ok thanks for the input and the testing.

This is a bit of a problematic situation because if we don't get the release out, and I instead go into error tracking mode, it may hold up development for several more weeks, delaying other features.

On the other hand, the Windows version is probably not releasable in it's current state. So I guess the only viable path is trying to pinpoint the exact reason for the slowness and in the meantime give proper feedback here and in other forums.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 05:54:00 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2015, 05:05:05 PM by GreydonIselmoe

We're seeing some nice buy volume today here on c-cex! Looking back into pool options now and troubleshooting our stratum build

Edit: Two days in a row! We're 5th in volume as of writing this on ccex! Good news Cheesy

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:24:40 PM

Is there a website or service where you can give your credits to in order to them making more profit? Or a pool? Single agreements with miners would be too much hassle.

And what about non standard bitcoin clients? I dont have bitcoinqt so can i still claim credits? If so how?

There are no sites as of yet where you can use your credits for leveraging them by for example adding them as deposits. Work is however ongoing in creating a (provable safe) market for deposits.

You can claim credits by installing the credits-qt client, adding your bitcoin wallet to the working dir and let the wallet sync. Once it is in sync, you can claim credits from the wallet. See this thread for more info:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

So what you want to tell me, without saying it actually, is that i need to install credits-qt and then importing all my keys into that wallet. Since, like i said, i don't have a bitcoin-qt-wallet.

Or do i need to install bitcoin-qt, import the bitcoin addresses there and then move the wallet?

If that is true then i would need a website where i can test my addresses. Preferably having an API, so that i can check it with a calc sheet automatically. (Have many addresses.)

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 01:51:23 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2015, 04:51:48 PM by SebastianJu

Can i download the credits blockchain safely somewhere? It would take ages to wait for the 22 weeks to download... i have fast internet but still, p2p is not the fastest. So a direct download link would be good.

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:45:06 AM

Can i download the credits blockchain safely somewhere? It would take ages to wait for the 22 weeks to download... i have fast internet but still, p2p is not the fastest. So a direct download link would be good.

There's a bootstrap torrent p2p but no direct mirror anywhere yet, I will look into setting that up, and will mention to gabriel.

That's a good idea and a good point though, I hadn't thought of it!

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 10:27:56 AM

There's a bootstrap torrent p2p but no direct mirror anywhere yet, I will look into setting that up, and will mention to gabriel.

I only found bitcoin bootstrap.dat's from 2014 max.

Though i found the start option -bitcoin-loadblock and since i have a bitcoin-qt, i tried to point it to its blk00000.dat. When credits wallet starts then it verifies some blocks but it seems those are only the ones it already downloaded itself. Since later it starts downloading from where it ended again.

How can i import the wallet? My bitcoin-qt has one blk00000.dat for 2 GB, next is 1GB and all other are 131MB. Is it possible to import the blockchain with that?

GreydonIselmoe

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 03:50:03 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 06:11:47 PM by GreydonIselmoe

Though i found the start option -bitcoin-loadblock and since i have a bitcoin-qt, i tried to point it to its blk00000.dat. When credits wallet starts then it verifies some blocks but it seems those are only the ones it already downloaded itself. Since later it starts downloading from where it ended again.

How can i import the wallet? My bitcoin-qt has one blk00000.dat for 2 GB, next is 1GB and all other are 131MB. Is it possible to import the blockchain with that?

I'm not sure if the trimming of block files is actually done during the sync or not, but if not then you might be able to import it and then run a re-index.. but that would take just as long as downloaded from scratch.

My advice is to initialize not from a 2014 BTC torrent, but from the pre-packaged credits-BTC block files and working directory. Link here: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

If you wanted a more timely response, some of us are on IRC at #creditscurrency, and can help you there Smiley

Markov

Breizh Atao

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 04:39:20 PM

I'm not sure if the trimming of block files is actually done during the sync or not, but if not then you might be able to import it and then run a re-index.. but that would take just as long as downloaded from scratch.

My advice is to initialize not from a 2014 BTC torrent, but from the pre-packaged credits-BTC block files and working directory. Link here: http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517

If you wanted a more timely response, some of us are on IRC at #credits-currency, and can help you there Smiley

If someone wants to tell me how to save the blockchain I don't mind doing it as I've synced the last version a few times already.

I could leave it with a link for everyone to use and update it regularly.

If anyone knows how to then please contact me

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 07:14:57 PM

If you wanted a more timely response, some of us are on IRC at #credits-currency, and can help you there Smiley

It worked...  im only 10 weeks behind now anymore.

What are the future plans for credits? I mean can be seen already how the future value will develop?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:31:44 PM

Is there a website or service where you can give your credits to in order to them making more profit? Or a pool? Single agreements with miners would be too much hassle.

And what about non standard bitcoin clients? I dont have bitcoinqt so can i still claim credits? If so how?

There are no sites as of yet where you can use your credits for leveraging them by for example adding them as deposits. Work is however ongoing in creating a (provable safe) market for deposits.

You can claim credits by installing the credits-qt client, adding your bitcoin wallet to the working dir and let the wallet sync. Once it is in sync, you can claim credits from the wallet. See this thread for more info:
http://credits-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

So what you want to tell me, without saying it actually, is that i need to install credits-qt and then importing all my keys into that wallet. Since, like i said, i don't have a bitcoin-qt-wallet.

Or do i need to install bitcoin-qt, import the bitcoin addresses there and then move the wallet?

If that is true then i would need a website where i can test my addresses. Preferably having an API, so that i can check it with a calc sheet automatically. (Have many addresses.)

So, the question you want answered is how you can claim from bitcoin keys with a balance?

Are those keys on paper wallets? In that case you have to:
1. Download and start credits-qt.
2. When qt is running you have to run importprivkey from the command line console in credits.qt.
3. Let credits-qt get in sync (takes up to an day on a normal comp)
4. Once it is in sync, you can claim all credits by proving that you own the bitcoin keys.

Do I misunderstand you or is this what you are looking for?

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 07:35:42 PM

It worked...  im only 10 weeks behind now anymore.

What are the future plans for credits? I mean can be seen already how the future value will develop?

Ok, that sounds good. Which version are you using?

I'm in the process of releasing a new version right now that will speed up the init process. There have been difficulties with the latest release that are just being sorted out. I'll give some more details in the coming hours.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: