Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIRAL] [Trading Live - Bittrex + C-CEX] Advanced Development  (Read 276061 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lambdaE

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:26:38 PM

Is there a reason for having both a crowdfunding and then another ICO? I mean, besides to make as much BTC as quickly as possible? Just curious...

Hi there. The crowdfunding and ICO serve two distinct purposes. The crowdfunding acts as  price discovery process: through this process, the community decides what Viral is worth. In addition, the crowdfunding process establishes a core group within the Viral community who see clearly where Viral is going, and are motivated to help us build out the network.

The ICO is an opportunity for the community at large and also those from farther afield - those who are not forum regulars, etc - to buy in after having seen what sort of initial interest there has been in Viral. One could say this is a more conservative, 'safer' buying opportunity.

The crowdfund investors are rewarded for their early commitment and their involvement by receiving their Viral at a 30% lower price than the ICO. They also enjoy a range of other benefits, including involvement core discussion processes with Adam and the Viral devs. The first of these online invitation-only meetups with Adam and the devs is scheduled for Thursday evening, 24 hrs after the crowdfund ends. All who have invested in the crowdfund will be invited to participate. More details on this later today.

hola my amigo.. i have contribute already but have a question. After crowdfund ends you will send viral right?
i am wondering when i can buy and sell my viral. i want to know how i can be bigger part of viral to because it is sounding like it can be a big big idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ViralDev (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:58:31 PM

Is there a reason for having both a crowdfunding and then another ICO? I mean, besides to make as much BTC as quickly as possible? Just curious...

Hi there. The crowdfunding and ICO serve two distinct purposes. The crowdfunding acts as  price discovery process: through this process, the community decides what Viral is worth. In addition, the crowdfunding process establishes a core group within the Viral community who see clearly where Viral is going, and are motivated to help us build out the network.

The ICO is an opportunity for the community at large and also those from farther afield - those who are not forum regulars, etc - to buy in after having seen what sort of initial interest there has been in Viral. One could say this is a more conservative, 'safer' buying opportunity.

The crowdfund investors are rewarded for their early commitment and their involvement by receiving their Viral at a 30% lower price than the ICO. They also enjoy a range of other benefits, including involvement core discussion processes with Adam and the Viral devs. The first of these online invitation-only meetups with Adam and the devs is scheduled for Thursday evening, 24 hrs after the crowdfund ends. All who have invested in the crowdfund will be invited to participate. More details on this later today.

hola my amigo.. i have contribute already but have a question. After crowdfund ends you will send viral right?
i am wondering when i can buy and sell my viral. i want to know how i can be bigger part of viral to because it is sounding like it can be a big big idea.

Hola!

The crowdfunding ends May 5, 6 pm PST. The Viral wallet will be ready for download immediately following the close of the ICO. BayAreaCoins is overseeing the escrow process these weeks, and is currently in escrow possesion of 2,5 million Viral. He ensures the correct distribution of these Viral at the end of the ICO.

It is quite important that the nick each person uses for arranging BTC address with BayAreaCoins is checked the day after the crowdfunding closes. We will send PMs to each crowdfunder with their personal link to the special crowdfunder-only live meet up with Adam G and the devs the Thursday evening. We'll be posting more info on that later in the day.

thanks

ViralDev
torshammer

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:09:07 PM

Hi Dev

Have you guys considered the possibility of tagging node addresses and using sub tags when Viral members start farming their own subnodes? The way I am reading it is gonna be the wild west out there - people are going to be making giant subnets and take a cut of everything they are bringing in. Tagging nodes would let you to that seems to me.
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:02:25 PM

Everyone is talking about buying before the end of the crowdsale but what is really the disadvantage to waiting for the ICO?

Hi there

There are a total of 5 million Viral. 50% of the coins are sold in the crowdfunding and the remaining  50% will be sold in the ICO. The amount of BTC invested in the crowdfunding determines how much 2.5 million Viral are worth (price discovery). The ICO price will then be set at 30% higher than the discovered price of Viral, thus rewarding crowdfunding investors.

In addition, crowdfunding investors enjoy a range of other benefits, including:

- Private voice chat channel hosted by Adam Guerbuez and community managers
 - First mover updates on new opportunities within the Viral ecosystem
 - Reserved elite campaigns with dedicated revenue sharing for crowdfunders
 - Accelerated path towards Verified status when the Verified component of the Viral network is rolled out.

Hope this helps -

ViralDev

So it won't be mineable? Also you mentioned verified. Does that mean releasing private identifying info? Hope not because that is not the nature of cryptos. Please explain what you mean. Also how are you going to buy coins with ad revenue when all of them will be sold to VIRAL funders? Looks like you will all be eating your own and trading within.

Hi

Thanks for your questions,

Viral will not be mineable. Investors earn dividends by participating in the network as nodes.

In addition, investors are rewarded by the process of sponsor revenues being used to buy up Viral off exchanges, thus reducing the supply of Viral. Here is is the simplest way to understand it:

When Viral contracts with a sponsor to place products within the Viral network, the majority of these proceeds are used to buy Viral on the open market, thus decreasing the total available coin supply and increasing the value of Viral, benefiting all holders (reduced coin supply = increased value) . The majority of these coins are in turn burnt, permanently reducing the supply of Viral. A portion of the coins will not be burnt, but returned to the most active nodes (participants) in the Viral network. The exact ratio of burnt coins to dividend coins will be determined in dialogue with the community.

Verified is not about KYC etc. Verified is a component of Viral due to be added into the platform after the initial Viral Network is in place and functioning smoothly. Verified will offer Viral network participants who have demonstrated consistent social reach in the network a way to monetize that reach. We'll be posting more details on Verified shortly.

I hope this answers your questions.

Viral Dev

I would be very interested in hearing more about this Verified component.

Hi Dev

Just bumping my question a bit since you have not gotten to it. I can see there was a lot of action last night, things were very busy with the crowd funding. If you get time I am still interested in hearing about Verified.

Hi there

Sorry about the delay, i missed your question.

We are still working on the wire framing of Verified, so I don't want to say exactly how the working iteration will actually function when it is in place. But think of it this way:

You are a high performing node in the Viral network. Not only  is your initial reach quantifiably strong, but you have build up a visible, demonstrated track record in the Viral network. Others are beginning to find out about Viral through you.  You may have the social reach and weight that your Viral activity is producing quantifiable waves within the network, that can be measured by our algorithms. You as a single node, and the set of nodes like you, are an attractive user set - both for sponsors, and for investors in the Viral network that might want to buy into your performance. Essentially, you and your fellow nodes are in an excellent position to become autonomous corporations within the Viral network, entities that others can invest in.  Take this situation, build in metrics, base it on transparent block chain technology, and you have Verified.

This is just a very simplified description. But like all viral networks, the evolution of nodes in tandem with the evolution of the network as a whole is a very interesting area. We have seen this in the recent proliferation of 'masternode' concepts in different coins.

Hope this gives a little insight into that area of the Viral road map, and where we are going with Verified. Thanks for asking.

ViralDev

If I am not mistaken this will make it possible for smart investors to make their own mini-networks, with say a hundred people they bring into the Viral network, and create tweet farms? With all the resulting weight and revenue being credited to the Verified node? If it is block chain based and DAC style there is really nothing to stop people from doing this.

I have spoken to several of my associates, one of whom runs a social marketing agency. We will be putting together an investment before the end of the crowdfunding period. I like the idea that participants in the Viral network will be able to build out and optimize their own nodes. Just throwing ideas around over lunch today we came up with a half dozen ideas for assembling subnets. Looking forward to this project!
ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:12:01 PM

Hi Dev

Have you guys considered the possibility of tagging node addresses and using sub tags when Viral members start farming their own subnodes? The way I am reading it is gonna be the wild west out there - people are going to be making giant subnets and take a cut of everything they are bringing in. Tagging nodes would let you to that seems to me.

There is a lot of flexibility in how the Verified / subnodes system can work. Much of the challenge is in designing a system where tracking participation in the network scales smoothly between different levels without creating unnecessary work for the algorithms and metrics. Revenues on the other hand are simple. They simply follow metrics along a predetermined system of reward.

The Verified system will reward individuals who - by building subnodes - expand the reach and weight of the Viral network. For the Viral network, more reach+ more weight = more revenues per campaign,and a more attractive product for sponsors.

One can enable and encourage subnodes in a variety of ways. You can allow high performing subnodes to assetize themselves. Fred and his high performing Pinterest network sell shares in "Freddy Pinterest".  Or, by using a colored coins system, John can bring people into the Viral network, gradually build a subnode and monetize its subsequent participation for a certain number of months, according to the system we have in place. The possibilities are many.

Many of these decisions and methods will affect the growth of the Viral network as a whole - in terms of speed, reach, revenue, reinvestment, profitability, and direction. So we will be looking especially to our crowdfunders in the coming weeks for input on how we all want to grow Viral.

Viral Dev
Bank_sy

Activity: 450

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 05:56:29 PM

Hi Dev

There is a lot of flexibility in how the Verified / subnodes system can work. Much of the challenge is in designing a system where tracking participation in the network scales smoothly between different levels without creating unnecessary work for the algorithms and metrics. Revenues on the other hand are simple. They simply follow metrics along a predetermined system of reward.

The Verified system will reward individuals who - by building subnodes - expand the reach and weight of the Viral network. For the Viral network, more reach+ more weight = more revenues per campaign,and a more attractive product for sponsors.

One can enable and encourage subnodes in a variety of ways. You can allow high performing subnodes to assetize themselves. Fred and his high performing Pinterest network sell shares in "Freddy Pinterest".  Or, by using a colored coins system, John can bring people into the Viral network, gradually build a subnode and monetize its subsequent participation for a certain number of months, according to the system we have in place. The possibilities are many.

Many of these decisions and methods will affect the growth of the Viral network as a whole - in terms of speed, reach, revenue, reinvestment, profitability, and direction. So we will be looking especially to our crowdfunders in the coming weeks for input on how we all want to grow Viral.

Viral Dev

to be a node all you need is 5000 viral? is any more setup needed? make it easy please
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:21:31 PM

Hi Dev

One can enable and encourage subnodes in a variety of ways. You can allow high performing subnodes to assetize themselves. Fred and his high performing Pinterest network sell shares in "Freddy Pinterest".  Or, by using a colored coins system, John can bring people into the Viral network, gradually build a subnode and monetize its subsequent participation for a certain number of months, according to the system we have in place. The possibilities are many.

Viral Dev

to be a node all you need is 5000 viral? is any more setup needed? make it easy please

Nah man, here's the deal. If you are holding Viral, you get rewarded in two ways. # 1  - your coins constantly appreciating in value because incoming sponsor revenues are used to buy up coins on the market. if u get in at crowdfunder price u will be sitting pretty.   #2 you get a cut once a month based on how much reach and weight your social network had in the month's campaigns.

That 5000 figure is just a placeholder, nobody knows until after the crowdfunding how much Viral is worth. That number is just a placeholder, does not mean anything.
ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:51:46 PM

Hi Dev

Viral Dev

Nah man, here's the deal. If you are holding Viral, you get rewarded in two ways. # 1  - your coins constantly appreciating in value because incoming sponsor revenues are used to buy up coins on the market. if u get in at crowdfunder price u will be sitting pretty.   #2 you get a cut once a month based on how much reach and weight your social network had in the month's campaigns.

That 5000 figure is just a placeholder, nobody knows until after the crowdfunding how much Viral is worth. That number is just a placeholder, does not mean anything.

Thanks Terman45x, nice succinct summary : -)

The 5000 is just a placeholder, correct. We will not know the market value of Viral before the price discovery / crowdfunding is over. There is currently a lively discussion among the devs about that minimum amount, because the lower one sets the threshold, the more participants / active nodes in the network and the more attractive placements are to sponsors.

There are probably two kinds of Viral investors. Those who are very keen on building out nodes and earning revenue through assembling subnets within the Viral network, and those who perhaps are not so keen on participating in the network, but recognize that the Viral business model - both the 15 billion dollar target market, and our power to the people approach -  has the potential for explosive upside. We welcome both types of participants. It is going to be an exciting ride.

ViralDev
bumpk1nK

Activity: 265

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:51:20 PM

I see today morning more btc has been raised. Looks like over 30 new btc from last check time for me. I will send more soon. I asked baycoinsarea to send me the address again because I no remember the first address I have got.

This looks like a good project and I am prowd too support but one question. when the crodfund is over will I get my viral or will I wait till the ico is done.

dc98wdHhcjkwleHUnBce8gd87teibN9ys38y3uTgsHG02e9-ok my keyboard works!
Insurance is a ripoff.
Aktor

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:12:51 PM

I see today morning more btc has been raised. Looks like over 30 new btc from last check time for me. I will send more soon. I asked baycoinsarea to send me the address again because I no remember the first address I have got.

This looks like a good project and I am prowd too support but one question. when the crodfund is over will I get my viral or will I wait till the ico is done.

And how he will get the viral
kerneloops

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:16:09 PM

ViralDev / Adam,

You keep mentioning the team, "devs" etc, it'd be nice, in the name of full disclosure and transparency, to put faces to names, or even better, real names (gasp!; aside from Adam's of course) of the whole team? I know, I'm old skool. I understand coin teams wanting to be more or less anonymous, but since Viral is bridging fiat business to cryptobusiness, the identities would come out eventually, yes? Just a thought, not a big one for me.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:22:50 PM

The Viral wallet will be ready for download immediately following the close of the ICO.

Why not before?
ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:29:48 PM

ViralDev / Adam,

You keep mentioning the team, "devs" etc, it'd be nice, in the name of full disclosure and transparency, to put faces to names, or even better, real names (gasp!; aside from Adam's of course) of the whole team? I know, I'm old skool. I understand coin teams wanting to be more or less anonymous, but since Viral is bridging fiat business to cryptobusiness, the identities would come out eventually, yes? Just a thought, not a big one for me.

Hi Kerneloops. The devs who are building out the infrastructure to support the platform and the Viral network do wish to remain anonymous for the time being. They all come from other long term coins in the crypto world and due to the flak that Adam takes they want to be kept secret to not drive the trolls over to their threads. Once all the tech is built and fully functional we'll be releasing some details on the devs but for now that is still a few weeks away at least. We'll also be bringing on other employees to fill other positions we'll have opening such as but not limited to a CFO, accountant, bookkeeper, Forum manager, more web developers and independent marketers from all around the world.

Thanks for the great question and if you feel like you can fill one of the positions above and want to join a growing winning team feel free to PM us a resume and we'll have the team look it over as soon as possible.

ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:33:03 PM

The Viral wallet will be ready for download immediately following the close of the ICO.

Why not before?

1st reason is that trading wont be available till the completion of the ICO. Also, we don't want to have early investors staking coins before the other investors who'll be paying a 30% premium get a chance to get their coins and start staking them.
ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:36:04 PM

Thanks for showing your support for the Viral project. With community members like yourself we'll be sure to build a great product and get Viral both the platform and the coin in the minds and pockets of millions of users worldwide. To answer your question. The Viral coins will be released to everyone at the same time upon completion of the ICO phase two.
illodin

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:37:36 PM

Why not before?

1st reason is that trading wont be available till the completion of the ICO. Also, we don't want to have early investors staking coins before the other investors who'll be paying a 30% premium get a chance to get their coins and start staking them.

You are releasing the coins after the ICO anyway, so people can't trade or stake with empty wallets.

So again, why not before?
bitcoinmax88

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The Visonary Behind VIRAL - Adam Guerbuez

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:42:41 PM

And how he will get the viral

Like everyone, when the fully functional wallets are downloadable upon completion of ICO phase. Plenty of work on the wallet itself along with the platform is happening right now to ensure that there are no bugs or hiccups that occur too often when releases are rushed along, it's only to be expected that if you do not do all the stress tests and normal beta testing  needed to ensure a fully functional product, it will be a half-assed launch and we all know how first impressions are everything. Several months of work into this project and now being so close to official wallet distribution, I can personally say and on the behalf of all the hands on that are involved in the creation of the VIRAL platform, It's looking flawless!

VIRAL is my vision - MY Vision is VIRAL - My Twitter is @AdamGuerbuez
PROMOTE YOUR COIN OR SERVICE ON VIRAL AND HAVE THE WHOLE CRYPTO COMMUNITY Talking about it! Go to http://www.GetViralCoin.com/sponsors/
ViralDev (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:46:33 PM

Why not before?

You are releasing the coins after the ICO anyway, so people can't trade or stake with empty wallets.

So again, why not before?

I guess because what is the reason to? Like you said. There will be no coins to do anything with anyway. The version 1.0 of the wallet is ready and we will be trying to get the download hosted on Cnet.
But the main reason would be that there is no need to have it out now. Bayareacoins is the only one who needed the wallet so he has it but the rest of the investors and crowdfunders can wait till the markets open and the wallet is released which happens after the completion of the ICO phase 2.
illodin

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:48:02 PM

Is this an open source project?

Is the source somewhere to be seen so we could verify the amount of work done so far?
neordicICE

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:52:30 PM

I don't mind waiting for the wallets. I just want my Viral already so I can keep them safe and secure off the market.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: