Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:57:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138024 times)
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:28:27 PM

Bittrex - ISX and the other one posted here few time ago.  I traded AUR at Bittrex (read here, I bought AUR at Bittrex), all was smooth etc.

I would like to get access to the ISX exchange - but there is no legal way to do so - and I don't want to break icelandic law.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:40:41 PM

There is alteady a gap between ISX and ''rest-of-the-world'' AUR trading. I personnaly enjoy to see a market without BTC as intermediary.

Give it some time. I still think arbitrage will do its magic at some point.

Yes I do indeed think it will - but still, how long before another altcoin exchange goes down ?  Option are vanishing pretty fast I'd say.

We're currently on only one exchange, bittrex, right?

There are two others that I know of:
BTER and Cryptopia.
I have used Cryptopia, but the volume seems fairly low.
Auroracoin (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 02:20:36 PM

AURORACOIN

Currently these are officially the only exchanges where Auroracoin can be traded:

http://isx.is <- Only for Icelandic market!
https://bittrex.com
https://bter.com
https://cryptopia.co.nz

- the Auroracoin dev team -
Auroracoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 02:27:09 PM

AURORACOIN

Everyone on version 1.x.x should update to version 0.8.7.5 (Arngrímur Jónsson) which is the latest.

Downloads can be found on http://auroracoin.is
or https://github.com/aurarad/auroracoin

Just a friendly reminder...

- the Auroracoin dev team -
Armando

Activity: 870

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 02:30:19 PM

Sorry hadn't read all the topic) I remember Aurora back in 2013 or 2014 it was interesting thing. Can somebody tell me, if there was an airdrop for Iceland people or ?
Auroracoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2016, 03:52:52 PM

Sorry hadn't read all the topic) I remember Aurora back in 2013 or 2014 it was interesting thing. Can somebody tell me, if there was an airdrop for Iceland people or ?

Auroracoin is a cryptocurrency dedicated to the people of Iceland. It started on February 21st 2014 and was officially announced on March 3rd 2014 here on Bitcointalk by the original founder that used a pseudonym Baldur Friggjar Odinsson.

His vision was to break the shackles from the currency controls that were imposed upon this nation after it was hit badly during the 2008 financial crisis. To be able to do this he decided to pre-mine 50% of the entire coins supply and reserve that for an equal and fair distribution among the Icelandic people.

The first "airdrop" date was set at March 25th 2014 and enabled all Icelanders to claim exactly 31.8 Auroracoins. The execution of this plan was very cleverly orchestrated by using a combination of Facebook accounts (over 75% of the Icelanders are active on Facebook) and the unique Icelandic identification system called Kennitala. The first airdrop was a massive success as over 35,000 unique claims were made, that's over 10% of the entire population who claimed over 1.1 million coins!

On July 25th 2014, straight after the initial airdrop, the second phase began. This time the amount that could be claimed by Icelanders was ten-folded to 318 Auroracoins. This phase was very successful as well reaching another 5,000 Icelanders claiming almost 1.6 million coins.

Then the last phase started on November 25th 2014, enabling Icelanders again to claim coins, only this time up to 636 Auroracoins. Again a massive 1.6 million coins were claimed totaling the entire amount of airdropped coins to almost 4.5 million, a little less then 50% of the total pre-mined coins.

After the final phase of the airdrop ended Balduro kept his word and reserved 1 million coins for this new foundation that has dedicated itself to further develop this project and verifiably destroyed the remainder of the pre-mined coins.

dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2016, 03:54:07 PM

Hi Armando

I'm from Iceland and can confirm that most f my friends and family receved auroracoin from the airdrop. 10% of Icelanders receved auroracoin from the Airdrop if you count from the blockchain.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
Armando

Activity: 870

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 04:42:55 PM

Auroracoin is a cryptocurrency dedicated to the people of Iceland. It started on February 21st 2014 and was officially announced on March 3rd 2014 here on Bitcointalk by the original founder that used a pseudonym Baldur Friggjar Odinsson.

His vision was to break the shackles from the currency controls that were imposed upon this nation after it was hit badly during the 2008 financial crisis. To be able to do this he decided to pre-mine 50% of the entire coins supply and reserve that for an equal and fair distribution among the Icelandic people.

The first "airdrop" date was set at March 25th 2014 and enabled all Icelanders to claim exactly 31.8 Auroracoins. The execution of this plan was very cleverly orchestrated by using a combination of Facebook accounts (over 75% of the Icelanders are active on Facebook) and the unique Icelandic identification system called Kennitala. The first airdrop was a massive success as over 35,000 unique claims were made, that's over 10% of the entire population who claimed over 1.1 million coins!

On July 25th 2014, straight after the initial airdrop, the second phase began. This time the amount that could be claimed by Icelanders was ten-folded to 318 Auroracoins. This phase was very successful as well reaching another 5,000 Icelanders claiming almost 1.6 million coins.

Then the last phase started on November 25th 2014, enabling Icelanders again to claim coins, only this time up to 636 Auroracoins. Again a massive 1.6 million coins were claimed totaling the entire amount of airdropped coins to almost 4.5 million, a little less then 50% of the total pre-mined coins.

After the final phase of the airdrop ended Balduro kept his word and reserved 1 million coins for this new foundation that has dedicated itself to further develop this project and verifiably destroyed the remainder of the pre-mined coins.

Hi Armando

I'm from Iceland and can confirm that most f my friends and family receved auroracoin from the airdrop. 10% of Icelanders receved auroracoin from the Airdrop if you count from the blockchain.

Thanks mates, I appreciate the information, will take a closer look into Aurora than  Cool
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 06:12:03 PM

Mein Gott...auroracoin blockchain has reached 200.000 blocks and kicking strong. I'm opening a glass of wine for that.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:00:51 PM

Mein Gott...auroracoin blockchain has reached 200.000 blocks and kicking strong. I'm opening a glass of wine for that.

Gute Güte!

I'll light something... a candle of sorts.

When's the first halfing? At 420,000?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
rocanonz

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:45:44 PM

Gute Güte!

Got this from the Balduro AUR Git Cheesy
nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 420000); // Reward halves every 4 years
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:59:49 PM

Gute Güte!

Got this from the Balduro AUR Git Cheesy
nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 420000); // Reward halves every 4 years

We will be reworking the block reduction schedule in a future wallet update.  I'm not sure if it will make it in to the next wallet release, but we've got a lot of time to sort out the details before the next legacy halving.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:32:51 PM

We will be reworking the block reduction schedule in a future wallet update. 

Uhrm. What?

If you have a plan to change this you should let the "economic majority" know about it, just in case we need to fork Wink.

Seriously, though, I hope I'm somehow misreading this and you're not planning changes to such fundamental parameters.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:42:08 PM

We will be reworking the block reduction schedule in a future wallet update.  I'm not sure if it will make it in to the next wallet release, but we've got a lot of time to sort out the details before the next legacy halving.

-Fuse

hahahahahahahaha

Any one play magic the gathering?

Buy and sell magic the gathering cards with Auroracoin at the Magic the Gathering Online Exchange (MtGox) on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/961521367218623/
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 09:47:41 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2016, 10:03:51 PM by ny2cafuse

Uhrm. What?

If you have a plan to change this you should let the "economic majority" know about it, just in case we need to fork Wink.

Seriously, though, I hope I'm somehow misreading this and you're not planning changes to such fundamental parameters.

There are 220k blocks until the next coded change, right?  So there is a lot of time to discuss this.  That's why I said it probably wouldn't make it into the next release.  We haven't even formalized proposed options yet.  I can assure you that we will consult with the economic majority though.

The change wouldn't be a drastic change in the scheduling or block rewards.  I think if anything, we would move from a set halving schedule to a more gradual percentage reduction that would match the block reward timeline.  I think anyone would agree that the halving mechanism is disruptive to crypto economies.  A drastic 24-hour change in block rewards and coin prices isn't ideal... especially when the goal is everyday use.

I will say this, though- the next update will require a hard fork.  It's a big update.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:47:46 PM

Uhrm. What?

There are 220k blocks until the next coded change, right?  So there is a lot of time to discuss this.  That's why I said it probably wouldn't make it into the next release.  We haven't even formalized proposed options yet.  I can assure you that we will consult with the economic majority though.

The change wouldn't be a drastic change in the scheduling or block rewards.  I think if anything, we would move from a set halving schedule to a more gradual percentage reduction that would match the block reward timeline.  I think anyone would agree that the halving mechanism is disruptive to crypto economies.  A drastic 24-hour change in block rewards and coin prices isn't ideal... especially when the goal is everyday use.

I will say this, though- the next update will require a hard fork.  It's a big update.

-Fuse

Ok, I probably wouldn't be "offended" (if I can use that word) by a mere smoothing of the reward schedule, it that's all you're planning. As long as you don't increase the total supply that'd probably be acceptable to most.

Let me add that I in no way claim to have any say in these matters, just that I would love to know well enough in advance so I can reevaluate my involvement.

Of course I would be more than happy to take part in discussion about such issues.

Just one comment right now: If you want to smooth out the reward adjustments you would probably have to start decreasing it earlier. If you start at block 420,000 and you want to do less than halfing, that would amount to an increase in "mining speed": more coins would be produced per time unit than originally planned. You could start reduction earlier, at block 315,000 for example, and reduce more often (to achieve smoother reduction) and thus avoid the problem of paying out block rewards earlier than planned.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:25:59 PM

Ok, I probably wouldn't be "offended" (if I can use that word) by a mere smoothing of the reward schedule, it that's all you're planning. As long as you don't increase the total supply that'd probably be acceptable to most.

Let me add that I in no way claim to have any say in these matters, just that I would love to know well enough in advance so I can reevaluate my involvement.

Of course I would be more than happy to take part in discussion about such issues.

Just one comment right now: If you want to smooth out the reward adjustments you would probably have to start decreasing it earlier. If you start at block 420,000 and you want to do less than halfing, that would amount to an increase in "mining speed": more coins would be produced per time unit than originally planned. You could start reduction earlier, at block 315,000 for example, and reduce more often (to achieve smoother reduction) and thus avoid the problem of paying out block rewards earlier than planned.

A smoothing is all I am proposing.  Some members of the team think it should remain as a rigid halving schedule, so there is a lot of discussion to be had before we reach any kind of decision.  In no way, shape, or form am I talking about a change in total supply.  We'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on block halving schedules.

In my mind, the rewards would halve over the same timeframe, but with a cumulative percentage decrease over time so that there weren't "hard" halvings.  I've seen quite a few coins that do this successfully, and in the long run, it keeps the price relatively stable over time.  Bitcoin will halve this summer, and it will be a good demonstration of how a hard halving makes things a little crazy for a daily use coin.  There are a lot of articles related out right now that are warning against the effects of the halving this summer.  Not that it can be avoided, but it's going to be disruptive.

I think the more secure and smooth we can make the AUR blockchain, the better.  Part of that is trying to keep the price from going crazy with daily fluctuations, or even 100-500% increases due to halving.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
rocanonz

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 02:19:02 AM

I have this crazy theory that moist of the premined coins are already sold (airdrop stage 2-3) or lost (airdrop stage 1). This is good news for the bag holders but it's creating as we speak, some kind of plutocracy.
AUR it's supposed to be a democratic enterprise and the current rate of  reward/block does not fit it's long time purpose, in absence of a widespread adoption in Iceland.
The idea of a linear AUR reward/block decrease it's more natural then a sharp one.
Sharp reward/block changes may fit well BTC, but AUR is different because it's addressed to a local economy that needs stable rate of supply/inflation in the first place. I'm not an economist so all my assumptions but first, could be a complete nonsense  Roll Eyes
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:16:00 AM

I have this crazy theory that moist of the premined coins are already sold (airdrop stage 2-3) or lost (airdrop stage 1). This is good news for the bag holders but it's creating as we speak, some kind of plutocracy.
AUR it's supposed to be a democratic enterprise and the current rate of  reward/block does not fit it's long time purpose, in absence of a widespread adoption in Iceland.
The idea of a linear AUR reward/block decrease it's more natural then a sharp one.
Sharp reward/block changes may fit well BTC, but AUR is different because it's addressed to a local economy that needs stable rate of supply/inflation in the first place. I'm not an economist so all my assumptions but first, could be a complete nonsense  Roll Eyes

I think that's the biggest point I'm trying to get across- stability in price.  To be honest, I think you'll see the price shake-up this summer when BTC halves again.  It has to reflect the halving or else the miners will abandon the chain.  When bitcoin halved in Nov 2012, it went from ~ $14 to $200+ in a matter of a couple months.  It's like saying gold is going to go from $1100 an ounce to $15k an ounce in a couple weeks.  That's not stability, that's just crazy.

On the back-end, a gradual decrease over time would ease miners into reduced block rewards, and it would eliminate the halving price shock I've seen firsthand with other coins.  On the front-side the supply would be more evenly distributed over time, rather than everyone who got in before the halving being the big block bag holders.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 07:31:25 AM

I'm sorry I came across a bit harsh before. I was getting a little alarmed when hearing you were going to fiddle with the supply Wink

In no way, shape, or form am I talking about a change in total supply.

I'm relieved.

In my mind, the rewards would halve over the same timeframe, but with a cumulative percentage decrease over time so that there weren't "hard" halvings. 

It sounds like a good idea (it also means we'd have to start earlier than the scheduled halving, though. So we might not have as much time as you stated before)

Some members of the team think it should remain as a rigid halving schedule, so there is a lot of discussion to be had before we reach any kind of decision. 

I'd be interested to hear the arguments for keeping the current schedule, too.

If I'm welcome, I'd like to be part of the discussion because I think it's interesting and also relevant to Aurorocoin adoption (as you argued). Hoping it will be on the forums or somehwere accessible to me and not on skype (I have a rule to not use that)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: